(Topic ID: 297304)

Poll Included: Which Manufacturer Had the Best Score Reels?

By wolverinetuner

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which manufacturer has used the best score reels?”

• Gottlieb 14 votes
      35%
    • Williams 19 votes
      48%
    • Bally 6 votes
      15%
    • Chicago Coin 0 votes
    • Sonic 0 votes
    • Zaccaria 1 vote
      3%
    • Playmatic 0 votes
    • Interflip 0 votes

(40 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mikala.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

You forgot the poll, but my vote would be Williams hands down.

#6 2 years ago

I can completely clean, replace coil sleeves and reassemble a Williams 4-player head in about an hour. Awhile back, I started cleaning the score reels on one of the two Target Alpha’s heads I have. I finished only two reels in one hour. They have been sitting ever since. I have considered paying someone who knows them better to shop out both heads. It will be money well spent.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Darn! I was looking for a Target Alpha head and just bought one to be delivered to Pinfest! Surprised there’s so many floating around.

Actually, I have two complete project Target Alphas. Both are somewhat playable, trashed backglasses. They sat somewhere on the East Coast for about 20+ years. A friend bought them about six years ago at Allentown to make a homepin. Homepin never happened, then they fell into my hands when he got tired of looking at them. Both backdoors were missing, probably forever. All of the score reels in both heads are gunked up and seized. Need an extensive cleaning. Pretty much the only thing keeping both machines from working. I’ll get to them one day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mikala.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-included-which-manufacturer-had-the-best-score-reels?tu=Mikala and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.