(Topic ID: 30271)

Poll: In which part of Pinball are you most active?

By awarner

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which aspect of Pinball are you MOST active?”

• Collecting Machines 18 votes
      20%
    • Repairing Machines 24 votes
      26%
    • Playing (for fun or profit) 45 votes
      49%
    • Collecting Paperwork 0 votes
    • Meeting famous Pinball people 0 votes
    • Being a famous Pinball person 2 votes
      2%
    • Making machines 0 votes
    • Making parts or mods for machines 1 vote
      1%
    • Selling Machines and Parts 1 vote
      1%

(91 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Killer.gif
    #1 11 years ago

Everyone has a favorite aspect of pinball - what is yours? I know we all have many, but if you HAD to choose one, which would it be?

#2 11 years ago

o Just trying to make pinball a little better and a little more fun.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Playing for fun. I'm pretty new to the hobby, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. I play as often as I can and make it out to a place every few weeks to play his 70+ machines (cp pinball) which is about 45 mins away. Every time I go I fall for a new machine...eventually it will be collecting, but playing is it for now...trying to get good.

#4 11 years ago

Mostly collecting but when I have people over they get plenty of use.

#5 11 years ago

Ahhh come on Al.....I need an all of the above choice I cain't pick just 1!!!

Phoebe

#6 11 years ago

I like to play but i search for them more than i play them.

#7 11 years ago

I think you should have an option for modding/pimping machines beyond stock. I assume the 'making mods and parts' option is for guys/companies like laseriffic, the mirror blades producers and the pintopper guy? I'm talking collectors who just find and add mods to their own machines or have things powdercoated, etc. That's where I'm at. I like playing and collecting, but I am getting addicted to modding as well.

#8 11 years ago

I was going to select, "Being famous." but then I woke up.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I was going to select, "Being famous." but then I woke up.

I had trouble with that one too. FAMOUS should have been all big letters

LTG : )

#10 11 years ago

None of the above. I need an option for "Reading Pinside and being jealous."

#11 11 years ago

Al, you fall under all of those categories haha

#12 11 years ago

I clicked the first choice because there was too much reading after

#13 11 years ago

Playing for fun, certainly not profit. Although I did have a pretty good run on an RCT running TOPS back in the day.

For me, collecting and especially repairing are necessarily evils I have to engage in to fuel my one true pinball passion: PLAYING. If there were great games on location all over the place, I wouldn't feel the need to own many, if any pins.

#14 11 years ago

Several of these ATM....

#15 11 years ago

Yeah, I switched answers like 3 times. It's so hard to pick a focus when I love multiple aspects listed!

#16 11 years ago

I prefer working on them even though I am pretty new to it. I wouldn't say I am great at it but I like to figure it out myself, and with lots of help from this site. I love reading about the issues someone has and how everyone here rallies to help find a solution.

#17 11 years ago

Cool Thread , and Yr List to Choose from was Interesting .. I Voted for ______ ?

Killer.gifKiller.gif

#18 11 years ago

I'm not famous yet? What a travesty.

Voted for repair, but I'm lumping in stuff like doing my playfield swap, which isn't a repair since Space Shuttle played AWESOME on a crappy looking playfield.

#19 11 years ago

Yeah - I was limited to 10 items so I went with what I've seen over the years. And for the record, I chose Collecting Machines. I really like taking broken games and making them work but I think having a nice collection is what I enjoy. None of my games are "Collector Grade" but I'd call them nice playing games. I do like meeting the people of pinball, famous and everyday a lot as well. I guess that's why I like Expo so much - great people (except the ones who kidnapped Mellony). Oh, and I was going for a poll that people would have to choose among multiple items that applied to them, but I think it'll give us a feel for who comes here and what they might be looking for.

#20 11 years ago

I voted "playing pinball", but really for me, I spread my time & interest over several choices (collecting, repairing, playing, meeting, selling).

And the big choice that was left out of the poll (I realize we are limited to 9 choices when creating polls) is: "spending time online reading/typing about pinball on websites such as: Pinside/ipdb/Mr.Pinball/etc.".

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-in-which-part-of-pinball-are-you-most-active and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.