(Topic ID: 313412)

Poll - how much does a pinball's theme matter to you?

By MtnFrost

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zarco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Gameplay being equal, do you care what the theme (artwork & sound) on a pinball is when you consider adding a pinball to your collection?”

• Theme matters a lot 112 votes
      82%
    • Theme does not matter 24 votes
      18%

(136 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

But if the game play is great, and you really hate the theme, does that mean you pass, or do you buy it?

Well, this is a timely question for me. I have no interest in the art or theme for AIQ, but I think the Pre/LE is Elwin’s best layout to date (maybe even better than Godzilla Premium, which I’ve pre-ordered). I see one for $8k within driving distance, and I ask myself: “Is this the next Congo?” I bought a Congo in 2003 for a song, and I’ve continued to enjoy it. Congo’s theme is ridiculous, and the art is just okay, but my friends and I would be sad if I ever sold it.

You definitely need a middle option: “If the layout is great, I can ignore the theme or find a way to love it.”

Add MET to that list too. I had no interest in Metallica, but I bought one because I could tell the layout would make it a classic, and it marked the beginning of great art on Stern pins. My son loves the band, but I wouldn’t still have the game if that was all it had going for it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-how-much-does-a-pinball-s-theme-matter-to-you?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.