(Topic ID: 149039)

POLL: How many pins can you set up in your house?

By swampfire

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jeff_286
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many pins could you have set up and running (please read 1st post)?”

• 1-5 82 votes
      23%
    • 6-10 103 votes
      28%
    • 11-15 50 votes
      14%
    • 16-20 35 votes
      10%
    • 21-25 24 votes
      7%
    • 26-30 15 votes
      4%
    • 31-35 12 votes
      3%
    • 36-40 7 votes
      2%
    • More than 40 34 votes
      9%

(362 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

batcave20_(resized).JPG
    batcave10_(resized).JPG
    batcave_(resized).JPG
    basement4_(resized).JPG
    basement3_(resized).JPG
    basement1_(resized).JPG
    overall_shot_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3234_3_(resized).jpg
    20160103_133651_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3200_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3630_(resized).JPG
    P9194306_(resized).JPG
    2013-02-09_13.14.33_(resized).jpg
    IMG_2135_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2134_(resized).JPG
    gameromm_july2013_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

12 pins, 2 vids. I host monthly events and others in-between so comfort and space matters thus my pin space is limited. However, every machine can be played without feeling completely claustrophobic. My "Loser's Lounge" area is a hit and I will not reclaim it for the sake of more pins. During a tournament, people who are eliminated retreat to the "Loser's Lounge" (i.e. where the bar and seating is located) and socialize.

12 pins keeps me busy with maintenance/mods as well.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

The game room was designed to allow 45 pins with plenty of space to walk around and take playfield glass off (and enough outlets and power). Probably could get 60+ squeezed in (which I would never do). Then the old basement arcade could be reused for another 40+..... though that will never happen either.

plenty of space to walk around if no one is playing the games. I was 'trapped' once at one of the events because I could not get around people playing with the machines.
    That is the reason the machines are angled on one wall at our place. We needed to account for people playing the games. I see many people make the mistake of arranging their pins without taking into account the space for a player and for traffic. I listened to the players, made the changes and now people are happy with the changes to the placement. Sure, it can get crowded, but for the most part, people are comfortable and can move around. That is something I put value on and I encourage anyone who has people over to consider. It also helps during tournaments when groups of people are playing together.

My space isn't large, but most people say it is quite comfortable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-how-many-pins-can-you-set-up-in-your-house?tu=personx99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.