(Topic ID: 149039)

POLL: How many pins can you set up in your house?

By swampfire

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jeff_286
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many pins could you have set up and running (please read 1st post)?”

• 1-5 82 votes
      23%
    • 6-10 103 votes
      28%
    • 11-15 50 votes
      14%
    • 16-20 35 votes
      10%
    • 21-25 24 votes
      7%
    • 26-30 15 votes
      4%
    • 31-35 12 votes
      3%
    • 36-40 7 votes
      2%
    • More than 40 34 votes
      9%

(362 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

batcave20_(resized).JPG
    batcave10_(resized).JPG
    batcave_(resized).JPG
    basement4_(resized).JPG
    basement3_(resized).JPG
    basement1_(resized).JPG
    overall_shot_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3234_3_(resized).jpg
    20160103_133651_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3200_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3630_(resized).JPG
    P9194306_(resized).JPG
    2013-02-09_13.14.33_(resized).jpg
    IMG_2135_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2134_(resized).JPG
    gameromm_july2013_(resized).JPG
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

24 restored and ready to play. Only room for 8 set up at a time right now though. Every 6 months or so I take some down to bring others up to be played. Makes for an ever changing lineup that is always clean and ready. 9 Classic Sterns, 10 Classic Ballys, 4 70's Gottliebs, 1 Williams (Funhouse).

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I will max out at 20 with the space my wife is ok with me putting pins in. I have some land that I plan on putting up a large steel building on for a future arcade. I've always dreamed of having enough space so I don't have to worry about space and be bale to have pins, pool table, ping ping, skeeball, some arcades, a bar, etc...
    Ideally, I will keep 10 pins in the basement and have everything else out there.

Don't come on pinside with your lies . Your wife didn't seem to OK with 20 last time I was over

#53 8 years ago

i could easily fit maybe 25 in my basement, but I prefer to stay married. so, sadly, my limit is 4 for the foreseeable future.

it's actually fine -- with how much of a perfectionist i am with my games, i think the maintenance and upkeep would become a significant burden if I had many more games. either that, or my standards would go down.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

but I prefer to stay married.

second that
    plus living in an apartment in a big city limits your space quite a bit. and i want to keep one side of the room free for the movie projector.
    nevertheless i consider myself quite lucky to have a seperate room to fit 5 pins & 2 arcades comfortably.

cheers

20160103_133651_(resized).jpg20160103_133651_(resized).jpg

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

How do you handle the power requirements for that many? I've read the recommended number of pins on a 20A circuit is 6, so using that recommendation, you would overload your 200A service at 60, not including running anything else in the house.

Dedicated room with a massive power box that only has to deal with the basement.

...and a sub-panel in the second basement area.

Pete

#56 8 years ago

The game room was designed to allow 45 pins with plenty of space to walk around and take playfield glass off (and enough outlets and power). Probably could get 60+ squeezed in (which I would never do). Then the old basement arcade could be reused for another 40+..... though that will never happen either.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

The game room was designed to allow 45 pins with plenty of space to walk around and take playfield glass off (and enough outlets and power). Probably could get 60+ squeezed in (which I would never do). Then the old basement arcade could be reused for another 40+..... though that will never happen either.

Max, getting in the car now. Be right over, I assume you'll have them all warmed-up & ready!

#58 8 years ago

Yesterday, I just removed by 65 inch DLP TV and put a different flat screen TV up above the pins in the room. Made space for 2 new pins. Little things make a small mind happy. It cost a few grand (with install) but that's cheaper than the construction cost of the addition I was considering.

#59 8 years ago

Only 10 in my gameroom, currently at 9. I refuse to put them in a living room, kitchen, or bedroom like some people do.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Don't come on pinside with your lies . Your wife didn't seem to OK with 20 last time I was over

hahaha, I thought you were too busy taking games from under me to be on pinside. #shadowstealer

#61 8 years ago

I have 10 in my basement but could fit 4 more. 5 if I wanted to really squeeze them together but I don't like them that close. I would have to get rid of things to make room for more.

#62 8 years ago

We've opted for the strategy of "we don't need to park in the garage". Instead of 5 in the living room, 1 in the kitchen, 2 in the office - we can now have 17 on and playing in the garagecade. The house feels a lot bigger and we get to enjoy the machines all in one spot instead of all over the house. It's still a work in progress but it gets better and better.

IMG_3234_3_(resized).jpgIMG_3234_3_(resized).jpg

#63 8 years ago

I want to see more pics from the "more than 40" group. I need to show them to my wife so she'll be happier with my 16.

#64 8 years ago

I am at 26 in my basement gameroom, I can overflow into the basement living space if needed.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I want to see more pics from the "more than 40" group. I need to show them to my wife so she'll be happier with my 16.

Here's part of the room

overall_shot_(resized).jpgoverall_shot_(resized).jpg

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from helicopter:

It's not a matter of how many you can have. It's a matter of how many will your wife allow you to have.

What if you have 20 wives?

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

plenty of space to walk around if no one is playing the games. I was 'trapped' once at one of the events because I could not get around people playing with the machines.
    That is the reason the machines are angled on one wall at our place. We needed to account for people playing the games. I see many people make the mistake of arranging their pins without taking into account the space for a player and for traffic. I listened to the players, made the changes and now people are happy with the changes to the placement. Sure, it can get crowded, but for the most part, people are comfortable and can move around. That is something I put value on and I encourage anyone who has people over to consider. It also helps during tournaments when groups of people are playing together.

My space isn't large, but most people say it is quite comfortable.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What if you have 20 wives?

My pins will only allow me to have 1 wife.

#69 8 years ago

Houses are a lot smaller in Europe, and especially here in the UK. I have room to set up just five machines. Three in the Lounge and two in the main bedroom. I currently have only four games set up, as having two machines in the bedroom makes things crowded.

Oh for the massive basements and garages of you lucky North American collectors!

#70 8 years ago

If I could convince the wife to get rid of all this useless furniture that is taking up valuable space, I could easily fit probably 60 or more.

Realistically I can fit about 10; have 8 now. No basement here, water table is too high. Dig down about 2 feet and hit water.

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Garage doesn't count I am guessing? 11 in house arcade and 5 in garage. If it was up to me, the cats would not have their own room so it would be 20 total.

The only cat I have is Williams"Bad Cats"and the only other cat I would own is"F14 tomcat"!

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Nice room but upgrade that tv, mate! I'm just messin' with ya!

Why waste good pinball money on a t.v.?

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from helicopter:

I don't think you asked the question quite right. It's not a matter of how many you can have. It's a matter of how many will your wife allow you to have.

That was my answer lol

#74 8 years ago

One in the living room, one in the dining room, two in the kitchen. There's one other spot in the living room, but it's too close to a window and I'd lose my yoga space. The bedroom is off-limits to pins, but if I ever find a Spectrum, that rule goes right out window.

If I win the Powerball I'll buy a house down the street and make it my Pinball Annex.

#75 8 years ago

5 comfortably but going to wedge 1 more in so 6. Unless my wife has an epiphany and decides to lift the ban of no pinball above the basement!

#76 8 years ago

I can do 17 in my gameroom. If I converted my air conditioned garage, I could easily put 40 out there.

#77 8 years ago

Right now 8 potential room for up to 25.

#78 8 years ago

3 with a potential for 21 or so. For me, less is more, and I like to have other hobbies.

#79 8 years ago

60 odd in the basement in a 'pin only' configuration, 30 in my pinball garage, and 100 or so in my shed (barn). All these areas are currently used for games or games storage, with only the games in the basement currently playable. All spaces have been fully setup in the past.

So probably somewhere up near 200 if I was organised, but I'm not, so lets call it 50ish which is what is currently set up

Shed when it had 97 games setup:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee398/sleazius/new%20games%20space/thebarn.jpg

Garage when it had 30 (can't be bothered linking all the rows but you get an idea from this):

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee398/sleazius/new%20games%20space/line4.jpg

Batcave now (basement):

basement1_(resized).JPGbasement1_(resized).JPG

basement3_(resized).JPGbasement3_(resized).JPG

basement4_(resized).JPGbasement4_(resized).JPG

batcave_(resized).JPGbatcave_(resized).JPG

batcave10_(resized).JPGbatcave10_(resized).JPG

batcave20_(resized).JPGbatcave20_(resized).JPG

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from lb45:

Reached 23 in the house.
    The major pb are electrical energy , and heat because i'm located in moutains , and the gameroom is fresh in winter.
    Thinking to install some machines in a cottage i would like to buy..
    http://www.flipper-vintage.fr/decoflip
    Lionel
    gameromm_july2013_(resized).JPG

Nice Joists.

#81 8 years ago

I think the best number for me would be about 2 dozen; however, I am limited to 9 as that is what I can fit into my pinball cave. If the collection would metastasize out of there I would have a seriously pissed off wife...
    So that means whenever I want to get a new machine something has to go out. That limitation actually makes me really think critically about machines and opt for the what I really like in game-play - which is currently an objective-focused game rather than mode-based. So the goal is a collection with decent variety within that framework - sort of a quality rather than quantity. That said, I honestly can't really do that in less than 20-24 machines...

#82 8 years ago

100 plus, easy.

#83 8 years ago

My wife wanted it off the other rooms so everyone can mingle.
    Joke is we don't mingle.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-how-many-pins-can-you-set-up-in-your-house/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.