(Topic ID: 81586)

Poll: How many dropped out of the MMR preorder?

By gprotein

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by teekee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many people canceled their MMR preorder spot”

• Jumped the ship 130 votes
      45%
    • I'm staying on course with it 115 votes
      40%
    • I'm still in but waiting to see/hear more from PPS 45 votes
      16%

(290 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Yawn03.gif
    buyorgoaway-120.png
    th-4.jpeg
    denise milani.jpg
    like it a lot.jpg
    th-3-995.jpeg
    image-398.jpg
    dead-horse.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

Anyone who has dropped out to this point never wanted it to begin with. Lots of people just jumped on the band wagon, some wanted to flip, some knew they weren't going to buy but put money down just in case etc.

I can say this because at this moment, the deposits aren't final and we are far from having all the information. Above what was given at expo, we have very little aditional info.

If you were serious, there is absolutely no reason to cancel now. There are a couple exceptions, like people who bought originals, but for the most part, with no money locked it and lots of info still to come, the time to cancel hasn't happened yet.

#35 10 years ago

Because it's a stupid question. "How many people have dropped out?" What does that even mean? Why does the OP care? It's obvious that there is no way to find any sort of accurate answer, short of just causing trouble, what exactly is the point?

The OP might (MIGHT) be trying to stir the MMR pot that's been stirred enough.

Quoted from meSz:

Why does someone have to have an agenda to ask a question.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am failing to see what the agenda is here... Please explain...

#42 10 years ago

I get that there are people out there, who since first throwing their $1K down, found something they would rather have. I stand by my comment though, if finding a nice LOTR or deciding on the next NIB Stern was enough to have you cancel your pre-order, you weren't really all that committed to begin with.

For those of use who truly want an MM and who are unsure, there is absolutely no reason to cancel at this time.

After the games are out there, and after all the info is out there, then at least I can see a reason.

I guess I just don't throw $1K at something I'm not at least relatively sure of. I'm sure just about every person who put their $1K down realised games would come up that they wanted in the 8 or so months between paying and getting a game, I just don't understand why those people put down money at all.

Quoted from littlecammi:

Not true. I do not have unlimited funds and I haven't purchased NIB for several years, so the recent rise in prices to $8K for an LE is sticker shock to me. But I have long considered MM to be the best game I don't already have and I can afford to buy one - and only one - NIB pin at the current high prices. So I pre-ordered MMrLE knowing that I could have gone for WOZ or TH instead for about the same money. And if Stern's next game had been The Walking Dead (like some here would like it to be) I would still be in for MMrLE. But Stern's next game is Mustang, which links two of my biggest hobbies. Once I saw enough about it to determine that a NIB Mustang Premium would appeal to me more than MMrLE, I cancelled in order to let someone on the MM standard list get moved up to a MMrLE reservation. Not that I think Stern Mustang will ever rank above MM, but it will fit better in my personal collection because of my Shelby GT500 and two SVT Cobras (plus my wife's 2013 Mustang GT).

Quoted from Acampero:

I disagree. I was in until I saw the most cherry LOTR in the world. I've had my eye on an LOTR for a while but hadn't stumbled across one local until this one. So I weighed the pros and cons and decided I better jump on this condition LOTR now since I have the dough, I can always get MMR later.

#44 10 years ago

It's already been confirmed that this is not true. Unless you're being sarcastic, I can't tell.

Quoted from rommy:

I have heard that the remakes are killing the HE restore business on MM , as well as other titles. Hate that for the guys in the business.

#107 10 years ago

Spoiler alert: They won't be

Well all know that there are way too many new things in this pin, there are going to be bugs. I'm not worried about the hardware, even the new driver boards and CPU boards etc, it's a new system but it's not exactly rocket science. These guys have been doing play field parts for a long time as well.

As far as the software, that's what the USB port on the board is for.

Quoted from gweempose:

Hopefully, the games will all be bug free, and everyone that stayed in will be thrilled with their purchase.

#121 10 years ago

I was going to say. If the OP wanted to start a discussion about dropping out, so be it. But to think you're getting any kind of accurate data from this thread is insane.

Quoted from pezpunk:

not that the poll reflects reality, of course.

1 week later
    #150 10 years ago

Right now just Texas, but I hope you're right.

Quoted from TaTa:

Going to bring protos to many of the up coming shows.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-how-many-dropped-out-of-the-mmr-preorder?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.