(Topic ID: 137858)

POLL: How Familiar are you with the Game of Thrones

By DCFAN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How familiar are you with Game of Thrones as a theme”

• I have watched all or nearly all of the episodes 158 votes
      46%
    • I am in the process of watching the seasons but have not caught up 18 votes
      5%
    • I have watched at least one episode and plan to eventually watch them all 10 votes
      3%
    • I have watched at least one episode but lost interest in watching the whole series 23 votes
      7%
    • I have not watched any but now that Stern is making the pinball machine I will try to watch and see if I like the show 38 votes
      11%
    • I have no interest in watching the Game of Thrones TV series 88 votes
      26%
    • I have read the books but have not watched the TV show 6 votes
      2%

(341 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

george_rr.jpg
    1607-garrison-GoT.jpg
    ramsay-theon.gif
    There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

did not watch ROME, still on my list, but if they die after fucking...... yup, we are good and that sums it lol

#52 8 years ago

I've read every book. Absolutely loved them.

I'm too damn cheap for HBO, but I own eight Pinball machines...I'm freaking nuts.

#53 8 years ago

I enjoy watching the show, but stay away from books.

#54 8 years ago

I've watched every episode and can't wait for it to come back on.

I'm excited to see the pin but also VERY worried it will be a lot like LOTR. Crazy you say? Well I understand why LOTR is ranked where it is (I owned one for eight years) but I've come to the conclusion that I really don't care for games that are super deep and have really long ball times. Maybe when I'm retired......maybe not.

#55 8 years ago

I have read the first book, which I mostly enjoyed but have not made the move to the other books yet. I have also watched about 4 episodes of the first season. It just never really got its hooks in me because I am not one that enjoys seeing characters I like die, and that is all that seems to happen with this series

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I did not put that in because the "watched every episode" is broader and thus encompasses that scenario.

You mean "narrower." It's like saying someone who watches all episodes of Carl Sagan's Cosmos ksnow everything there is to know about the universe.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

You mean "narrower." It's like saying someone who watches all episodes of Carl Sagan's Cosmos knows everything there is to know about the universe.

I meant broader in the sense that it does not preclude someone that has read the books while it does include someone that has watched the episodes and they may or may not have read the books.

I deal with this kind of word scope all the time for a living.

#58 8 years ago

When I first started watching it, was less than thrilled. Turned it off due to too many characters and finding it difficult to follow the storyline. But kept hearing the buzz about the series. Went back after season one was completed and went on a GoT marathon. Been hooked ever since.

I've only been in the hobby for 2.5 years. But this is by far the one and only time I've gotten excited by an announcement. And it only makes it better knowing it's a Ritchie designed pin.

#59 8 years ago

Watched all episodes. Been reading the books for ages: well, since...1997 (a year after the release of the first book in 1996). Enough time between books to forget many things.

#60 8 years ago

I've read the books and watched the show. There are elements from both that I prefer. I did enjoy knowing what was going to happen in the show before it happened and got pissed when it strayed from the books. Like the Hound getting killed by Brienne, WTF?

#61 8 years ago

What is the most cost-effective way to watch the show? I realize that I could just sail the seven seas, but if one were to pay?

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

What is the most cost-effective way to watch the show? I realize that I could just sail the seven seas, but if one were to pay?

I had a friend find bootleg download links and email me them. Saw them all for free!

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

What is the most cost-effective way to watch the show?

Find a friend who has it available, new season or on DVD. Go over there and watch. Drink their beer and eat their food.

LTG : )™

#64 8 years ago

I also love how GRR Martin makes you love despicable characters and isn't afraid to kill off the best. Such an awesome series.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Just torrent it. Shouldn't be hard I believe it is the most torrented show every year.
    EDIT: oh sorry didn't understand the end of your post.

EDIT2: HBO I believe carries the entire catalog on Demand, so if you have a provider you can order HBO for a month and then burn through them all.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just torrent it. Shouldn't be hard I believe it is the most torrented show every year.
    EDIT: oh sorry didn't understand the end of your post.

It's all good. I like to speak in riddles and doublespeak.

#67 8 years ago

Almost done season 3 and liking it. Shocked by the last episode I watched.

#68 8 years ago

No option there for having read all of the books plus seen all of the shows. The duck teaser a few months ago suggests that this Steve Game will be like TNG: Ritchie had seen every episode of TNG and TOS. Duck is book-only.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

...got pissed when it strayed from the books. Like the Hound getting killed by Brienne, WTF?

The Hound is still tending the land with Septon Maribald in Season 6, his casting has already been confirmed. Just like Book IV.

#69 8 years ago

ohhh, it was a book also?

shame, shame, shame,

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tubes:

No option there for having read all of the books plus seen all of the shows. The duck teaser a few months ago suggests that this Steve Game will be like TNG: Ritchie had seen every episode of TNG and TOS. Duck is book-only.

The Hound is still tending the land with Septon Maribald in Season 6, his casting has already been confirmed. Just like Book IV.

Of course non-book readers wont get that. Casual readers won't either. There needs to be the option for "Read all the books 5 times including the Dunk & Egg Novellas and are obsessed with GRRM's meanings behind everything."

Yeah I am a bit obsessed with the books. Love the show but I take it for what it is, a really stripped down version of his story. I think there is so much potential there for pinball that even if you don't watch the show you can really enjoy the pinball.

#71 8 years ago

I bailed at the start of season 2. Sorry, it just got too slow for me, so the theme is a bust IMHO.

South Park came to the same conclusion with their 3 episode GoT arc, and nailed it.

1607-garrison-GoT.jpg1607-garrison-GoT.jpg

george rr.jpggeorge rr.jpg

Sure, there are a lot of fans, so I can imagine the theme will be a hit in any case, just not with me.

#72 8 years ago

The person who needs to be the most "into it" is Steve himself. I can picture him getting Gary to give him this license in the same way as Spiderman...give it to me or I walk and make redemption games. When Steve Ritchie is into a license, you get an all-time classic like TNG or T2 or AC/DC. I don't think GoT is an "Elvis" for him, this is going to be some labor of love pinball.

There can be only one to stand beside him, that who is Eugene Jarvis born again. Lyman is coding, Lyman has coded. Lyman will code again.

#73 8 years ago

I've watched season 1 through five times. Seasons 2-4 through four times each. Season 5 just once through on TV; it will be on blu-Ray in February.

#74 8 years ago

"I have no interest in watching the Game of Thrones TV series"

I thought I was in a minority with this one, I thought everyone & their dog had seen this show.

#75 8 years ago

How about, I have seen the nudity clips online, but never read the book or watched the show. If Stern makes this a super adult R rated theme like the show then I'll buy it just for that

#76 8 years ago

I made it to episode 9 on the first season. As much as people encourage me to keep watching it I just can not get into it. I'm looking forward to seeing the theme used on a pinball machine though.

#77 8 years ago

Q: How do you know when someone read the entirety of GoT before watching the show?

A: Don't worry, they'll tell you.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Don't forget the violence and torture!

Monotonous dialog?

"We need to kill the Dragon!" "Ok, where is it?" "In the cave" "Ok, let's go" Then they eat at the round table.

#79 8 years ago

. dp

#80 8 years ago

Never seen it, have no interest in it.

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Hahahaha yes yes we need a REEK multiballs

So does he

Awesome show, waited until a few months ago and bought seasons 1-4 on dvd and marathon watched them.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Q: How do you know when someone read the entirety of GoT before watching the show?
    A: Don't worry, they'll tell you.

We can't help it. It just makes us better than you.

#83 8 years ago

People who read the books (for any show or movie), always make the best critics....

Enthusiast pinball player: have you played ACDC? It's amazing! One of the best pins ever created.

Snob Critic: meh, I read the manual. And they just didn't implement the game to form; they didn't portrait hell accurately, the cannon modes don't work, and the cannon didn't obstruct the pf in the book....

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Find a friend who has it available, new season or on DVD. Go over there and watch. Drink their beer and eat their food.
    LTG : )™

Don't forget play their pins

Also one comment about book vs tv show. Tv show = boobs, books = no boobs

Shame shame shame shame

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Don't forget play their pins
    Also one comment about book vs tv show. Tv show = boobs, books = no boobs
    Shame shame shame shame

Yeah, but the boobs I picture in my head are always perfect.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Tv show = boobs, books = no boobs
    Shame shame shame shame

The books have more porking than the show.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Yeah, but the boobs I picture in my head are always perfect.

We were both on the same page, but you beat me because I'm dealing with this crappy Canadian internet connection.

3 months later
    #89 8 years ago

I just got the set of books, looks like some heavy reading for me in 2016

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-how-familiar-are-you-with-the-game-of-thrones/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.