(Topic ID: 296072)

POLL: Guardians vs. Stranger Things vs. Tron...

By Utesichiban

3 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by Waxx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game would you choose for a home collection?”

• Guardians of the Galaxy 45 votes
    24%
  • Stranger Things 78 votes
    41%
  • Tron 68 votes
    36%

(191 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 months ago

I think it would be a mistake to trade Tron for Stranger Things. I think I can be objective because I own STH, and while I don’t own Tron I’ve played it a lot. You had the dream team on Tron: Borg and Sheats. While I think STH and Guardians are good, Tron just shoots better. I’m not real familiar with Tron’s rules, but I’ve always enjoyed playing it.

I sold Guardians after 6 months because it started to feel repetitive, and the Rocket shot pissed me off. I’m not getting that same feeling from STH, probably because it has a lot more modes, and I connect to the theme more. But objectively I’d have to say GOTG and STH are equals, just pick the one that you connect to more.

After putting a new TWD next to my MET, I’m seriously thinking of looking for a Tron so that I have the Borg/Sheats trifecta. Both games are like crack to me. I never feel like I’m “grinding it out” with either of them.

IMHO the Pro version of STH is great. Same layout, 99% same rules, and with the UV kit you’ll never miss the projector (the LCD shows the same videos). TK lock is freaking amazing, but not worth the difference. Again, all in my opinion. Which is what you asked for.

#17 3 months ago
Quoted from BlakeWI:

Oh wait I gota revote if it's pro..Stranger not great on pro the demigorgan doesn't even move on the pro

Seriously man? The demogorgan vibrating is what does it for you? lol

#18 3 months ago

The STH vs. GOTG decision is all about mood, not theme. To me they are both great themes, but I like darker pins like BSD. My favorite color is brown or dried blood red (I love TWD for that reason alone). Layout-wise I think GOTG and STH are equals, but I love the left orbit that feeds the right ramp on STH, and the skill it takes to manage the drop target bank. It’s like a friendlier version of the Rocket shot.

One thing that GOTG does better than STH is the first mini-wizard. Cherry Bomb is the most fun you can have in pinball, next to a 6-ball multiball in Aerosmith (very similar). Your reward for finishing 4 modes in STH is the most laid-back multiball ever. It’s not for everyone.

BUT. STH has like 3X more modes than GOTG. It will probably last longer for me, for that reason alone. That, and burning the evil out of Will. Burning Will never gets old.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside