(Topic ID: 296072)

POLL: Guardians vs. Stranger Things vs. Tron...

By Utesichiban

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Waxx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game would you choose for a home collection?”

• Guardians of the Galaxy 49 votes
    24%
  • Stranger Things 83 votes
    41%
  • Tron 70 votes
    35%

(202 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blindseer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 2 years ago

GoTG is a poor reskin of Metallica. Tron is good but expensive and a bit dated. ST is a good retheme of AFM with more to do and is underrated.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Poor reskin? Isn't it just a newer reskin with a different theme? I personally prefer the Guardians theme over Metallica themewise.

The Gameplay is sloppy. the game UI is a terrible photoshop job with cut scenes (look at the mode selection screen and the poor job they did cutting the characters out. Most of the animation is text and looks like it was done in Microsoft word (You cant say they were figuring the new design because B66 is a way better looking game with their UI.) The shots are worse than metallica. Its a good operator game but its on the bottom of the list as far as spike games.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And Metallica was a reskin of Iron Man

And every pinball machine with a European bottom is a reskin of a reskin. You missed my point. GoTG is a good IP. The trash game ui combined with a somehow worse shot flow than the face that it was a lazy reskin is the issue.

For all the outrage the pinball community made over stranger “fan layout” things. The flow is decent and there is decent gameplay. Stranger things is a very underrated game. We keep it next to our AFM at the arcade but I’d much rather play ST than AFM because it’s a better package.

Tron is a great game but it’s too pricey compared to ST and GotG.

Also, despite me not liking GoTG for its issues I’d still own one because of the IP. In a home environment it’s an absolute trash game compared to others.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

We get it, you don’t like it.

This whole thread is about asking everyone their opinions. I have had a GoTG in my posession for a while as well as own a ST pro and have played plenty of tron.

If you like GoTG then great. Just dont kid yourself that the game is unpolished next to the other two.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, Tron has turned into a true collector’s game. At this stage it’s clear there will be no remake any time soon (Stern can’t keep up with demand on their current games), so the price will keep climbing on Tron. Honestly, the same thing will happen with ST as well…

ST pro with the UV kit is beautiful. I have seen a buddies with the pin stadium version and its a joke compared to the stern kit. ST can still be purchased in the 5K range which makes it a good bargin. Im sure the UV kit though is expensive since they went out of stock. I purchased my ST pro in February NIB with a NIB UV kit and love it. I just bought a Led Zeppelin premium to put next to our GnR SE so we can do a side by side comparison.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 21.50
12,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blindseer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-guardians-vs-stranger-things-vs-tron?tu=blindseer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.