(Topic ID: 296072)

POLL: Guardians vs. Stranger Things vs. Tron...

By Utesichiban

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Waxx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game would you choose for a home collection?”

• Guardians of the Galaxy 49 votes
    24%
  • Stranger Things 83 votes
    41%
  • Tron 70 votes
    35%

(202 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Which of these games would you choose if you could have just one for a home collection and why? How would you rank each of them for fun/lastability in the home environment?

For the sake of comparison, let’s compare the PRO models of each game (although if you think the premium/LE significantly enhance any of these games, I’m interested to hear thoughts).

1 week later
#5 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree with you.
Ironically a Tron pro would cost pretty much the same as a Stranger Things premium.

You're probably right. One of the reasons I created this poll was to get opinions as I have my loaded Tron pro listed for trade right now and have been specifically looking for a Stranger Things Premium.

I like all three games but don't have as much experience with Stranger Things and GOTG so wanted to hear from others that do or maybe even own a few of them.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Swampfire and I from what I recall have had this talk about STH. I loved the showed but the pin did nothing for me well except let me down. I wanted to love it but ended up buying AIQ instead and love that pin.
I'm currently renting GOTG and it's been a sheer blast to play. I enjoy it more than JP2. I'd say it's right behind TWD in my favorites to play. AIQ being first.
Lol so with all that blah blah blah GOTG

Nick, better than JP2? That is pretty high praise. JP2 is my favorite Stern of any era I've played.

I haven't played AIQ yet, however. The AIQ theme just doesnt get me excited but I admittedly need to play the game sometime.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:I currently own a Gotg pro and Sth premium and played Tron and did enjoy it. Sth gets played more then Gotg by a long shot. In fact all that come over to play pinball gravitate towards Sth making it my most played machine. So Sth for the win..

Do you think it is the theme that draws people to St. Things over GOTG or the gameplay?

#26 2 years ago

I have to admit, I expected Tron to win this one. A bit surprised to see Stranger Things in the lead so far...

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Why surprised? Stranger Things is more recent, Netflix series is still active (Season 4 coming), Tron is currently a thing of the past.
Many recent members have never played it, yet, it's still solid and obviously has kept its value and then some. I'm actually surprised it's taking in that many votes!
Two great games in any lineup, IMO.

I guess I'm surprised because Tron is considered one of the classic Sterns and remains a highly collectible game.

Stranger Things took a beating when it was new. All I remember hearing is that it waa an uninspired remake of AFM. I was interested due to the theme but like many, got scared off by the negative reviews.

I guess the code updates have made it a,solid game that seems to have come full circle. Sadly, apparently right about the time Stern decided to stop making it.

1 week later
#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

GoTG is a poor reskin of Metallica. Tron is good but expensive and a bit dated. ST is a good retheme of AFM with more to do and is underrated.

Poor reskin? Isn't it just a newer reskin with a different theme? I personally prefer the Guardians theme over Metallica themewise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 7.50
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-guardians-vs-stranger-things-vs-tron?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.