• Demolition Man 12 votes
    12%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0571 (resized).JPG
IMG_0781~photo (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Which pin stays in you collection and keep you coming back?
Why?

#2 5 years ago

I've got a DM and it's never leaving. Just put it together again last night after it sitting for a few months while I worked on other games and played 20 games straight. Great shots, cool multiballs, great sound.

I had a Shadow for a while and it was fun, but I don't really miss it. The gameplay on it (minus the phurbas which are awesome) is just too similar to other games I can play elsewhere. Multiballs are all standard and not too interesting, modes are ignorable and hard to start. Vengeance is cool.

#3 5 years ago

Poll added

#4 5 years ago

Owned shadow...traded it for a dr. Who. Dont miss it. Fish tales i own and love.

#5 5 years ago

I own shadow and demolition man and i prefer shadow and it is played more often.

#6 5 years ago

Shadow will probably be up 2-to-1 in the poll and it makes sense, but I personally think Fish Tales has more satisfying shots if that makes any sense.

Demo Man should be incredibly awesome, but playing it, it just has a "meh" feeling to me.

#7 5 years ago

own both and both ain't leaving anytime soon. would give Shadow a slight edge if I had to pick one.

#8 5 years ago

I own both TS and FT. Love FT but it is a bit shallow. Shadow is a great game with more gameplay and challenges. It has three flippers, diverters, cool lock mech, and an upper pf. You can still find them relatively cheap so clear winner.

I agree with Guinnesstime on DM. It so seems like a game I would love but nope. You can find theme cheap so there's that.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Demo Man should be incredibly awesome, but playing it, it just has a "meh" feeling to me.

Did the one you played play well? I played a lot of bad DMs that were dark, and had weak flippers and didn't get the appeal until I played a nice one in a quiet setting.

#10 5 years ago

DM is waaaaaay back at 3.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Did the one you played play well? I played a lot of bad DMs that were dark, and had weak flippers and didn't get the appeal until I played a nice one in a quiet setting.

I have played. A few real nice ones too. With so many wire form ramps it SHOULD be awesome, but it's just ok to me. I kind of lump DM with Road Show and Judge Dredd as the trinity of "wire form ramp madness".

#12 5 years ago

shadow by leaps and bounds. other 2 are good first pin games.

#13 5 years ago

I’ve owned all three. Currently have Fish Tales and Shadow. Shadow would be the last to go. Love it

#14 5 years ago

Shadow has all the things you want. Upper loops, staging a flipper for a jackpot sometimes, big wizard mode that's hard to beat, fun toy, ramp modes, tough video mode, skill shot that's worth it, etc.

#15 5 years ago

FT. Who doesn’t like shooting jet skiers and boats and an EB symbol with a gun?!!??

#16 5 years ago

Gameplay for me, it's...
Fish Tales > Shadow > Demo Man

Theme, however...
Demo Man > Shadow > Fish Tales

Fish Tales is my favorite one to play. However, I do enjoy the way Demo Man plays with the handles, but there's not enough going on that kept me interested in it.

I will say, however, if Demo Man had in-line drop targets instead of the toy car, it would've been a keeper for me.

#17 5 years ago

The Shadow is my pick.Once HEP restores mine, it’ll never leave!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Which pin stays in you collection and keep you coming back?

None of these stayed in the collection.

In fact I never owned a Demo Man because it is so butt ugly or Fish Tales because of it's layout and limited shots.

But I have owned two Shadows so maybe that is the answer you are looking for?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

None of these stayed in the collection.
In fact I never owned a Demo Man because it is so butt ugly or Fish Tales because of it's layout and limited shots.
But I have owned two Shadows so maybe that is the answer you are looking for?

You don't count. You are pretty much an EM whore.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In fact I never owned a Demo Man because it is so butt ugly ....

Which is a shame because the 3 main actors in it probably had really nice looking butts.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:You don't count. You are pretty much an EM whore.

No, bad EMs get kicked to the curb just like bad DMD games.

I'm an equal opportunity kick to the curber.

#22 5 years ago

Am I missing something, why so little love for DM?
Is it just ramp shot after ramp shot, and very little strategy ?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Am I missing something, why so little love for DM?
Is it just ramp shot after ramp shot, and very little strategy ?

Ugly, theme, handles, ugly, claw.

#24 5 years ago

I think the gameplay on DM is great, but I would never have one sitting in my house. Ug. Lee.

#25 5 years ago

I don’t think DM is any more or less ugly than Shadow. Lots of subjectivity to that though.

Out of those 3 options though, FT is the best looking and sounding one. Everyone raves about TS’s audio package, and it certainly is dark and “lush” sounding, but it’s stupidly repetitive. You’ll hear “Lamont?!” And “Margo! I neeeeeeeed youuuuuuuu” way too often, and the Mongol mode audio is grating.

Again, very subjective, but the clever music bits in FT is much better, even if it doesn’t use DCS.

#26 5 years ago

I have Shadow and Fish Tales, and I've been considering tracking down a Demo Man... all three are great games.

#27 5 years ago

Once you ignore the DM translite what about game play?

It's all about game play for me, does it keep me coming back for more.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Once you ignore the DM translite what about game play?

Well credit where credit is due. The entire thing is ugly, the back glass is only one part if have to dive down to Flintstones time to find an uglier game.
But anyway, gameplay never done anything for me.

#29 5 years ago

I had DM and FT. I liked them both for different reasons, but DM has this flow that is unreal. Those handles seem weird at first, but feel so awesome once you get used to it. Plus you can throw in James Cardona's code and have a slightly different game. I think I am leaning towards DM.

#30 5 years ago

I own both, I have had Demolition Man for 16 years and never tire of it, tuned up it's a wonderful pin, add Led's and color DMD with the swear rom's and BOOM! Through mirror blades and a terrific Williams Widebody. Top 35 pin. DemoMan suffered from ill repair and people got a bad opinion. I notice that pinheads that list their games seem to always have a DemoMan in the collection and really like it.

Fish Tales does not come close to The Shadow which also suffered the same fate as DM. Divertors didn't work, rings didn't light, flippers sucked, ramps where broken, who can like a pin like that. BUT, a fully working Shadow is so much fun, and a beast to play, one of the most challenging pins ever.

Have both and I give a slight edge to Demolition Man

IMG_0571 (resized).JPGIMG_0571 (resized).JPGIMG_0781~photo (resized).JPGIMG_0781~photo (resized).JPG
#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

I own both, I have had Demolition Man for 16 years and never tire of it, tuned up it's a wonderful pin, add Led's and color DMD with the swear rom's and BOOM! Through mirror blades and a terrific Williams Widebody. Top 35 pin. DemoMan suffered from ill repair and people got a bad opinion. I notice that pinheads that list their games seem to always have a DemoMan in the collection and really like it.
Fish Tales does not come close to The Shadow which also suffered the same fate as DM. Divertors didn't work, rings didn't light, flippers sucked, ramps where broken, who can like a pin like that. BUT, a fully working Shadow is so much fun, and a beast to play, one of the most challenging pins ever.
Have both and I give a slight edge to Demolition Man
[quoted image][quoted image]

That DM looks a little blue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 169.00
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-ft-dm-or-shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.