5%
  • Family Guy 7 votes
    3%

(280 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

polls_quimby_sm_737630_5643_634888_answer_9_xlarge.jpeg
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

As the year end gets closer, the closer we are getting to the first ColorDMD color ROM release for the first Stern game. At least, that is what Randy is shooting for. So the new question now becomes, which Stern game would you like to see first?
I only have 9 spots for a poll, so I will gather some info based on some of the responses before adding a poll.

Personally, I would like to see a LOTR first since the Hobbit should be starting production about that time.
I can't wait to see what Simpsons Pinball Party will have in store as well. So I pick that one as Stern game #2.

#3 9 years ago

TFLE. There's SO much action/animation going on in that DMD, at times you can't even make it out. I think a color DMD would really take the game to another level. That's my choice anyway.

#4 9 years ago

If it were me, I'd make this into an official poll. May make it easier for you to decide results.
My vote,
1. Iron Man
2. Spider man
3. TFLE

BTW Pinfadel, LOVING my new TFLE by the way, got it this weekend

#5 9 years ago

I vote simpsons pinball party the game screams color dmd... It's a cartoon and should be colorful

#7 9 years ago

Metallica

#8 9 years ago

LOTR and I have $400 waiting for the day it happens. If they could do it for SM I would also be a buyer for that one.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

BTW Pinfadel, LOVING my new TFLE by the way, got it this weekend

Congrats bro. It's an awesome game. A steal for what they sell for too.

#11 9 years ago

POTC...only because it's my only stern. Honestly, I think TSPP would look awesome.

#12 9 years ago
#13 9 years ago

GnR

#15 9 years ago

GnR is data east, which is not yet supported.

#16 9 years ago

I'd expect LOTR or TSPP to be first mainly because they're older and are very well loved.

#17 9 years ago

Star Trek
LOTR
TSPP

Seem like the obvious choices

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Star Trek
LOTR
TSPP
Seem like the obvious choices

So pick ONE. That now becomes not as obvious.
Which one you want to see vs. which you think it will be.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

So pick ONE. That now becomes not as obvious.
Which one you want to see vs. which you think it will be.

I want Metallica , but think it will be TSPP

#22 9 years ago

One would think that they would have done many Sterns before getting to Dr Who, but who am I to second guess them.

Either way I plan to buy a Sigma for my STLE shortly and I will wait patiently for the ROM to release.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

One would think that they would have done many Sterns before getting to Dr Who, but who am I to second guess them.
Either way I plan to buy a Sigma for my STLE shortly and I will wait patiently for the ROM to release.

I was curious about that too. With all the money these new sterns go for and all the mods and upgrades we put in, it only seemed natural to get a few stern titles in there. The Dr. who did surprise me

#24 9 years ago
#25 9 years ago

I really do wish that Stern would put in a ColorDMD into new premium/LE releases. That would give us a big reason to want to buy a premium/LE over the PRO. I feel more premiums would sell because of it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 9 years ago

Family Guy

#27 9 years ago

Simpsons

#28 9 years ago

Family Guy. Yeah, forgot that one. Thanks.
Now that takes us to 13 possible good titles. Now I'll have to narrow the playfield to 9 most likely titles since the poll is set for 9 max.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

If it were me, I'd make this into an official poll. May make it easier for you to decide results.
My vote,
1. Iron Man
2. Spider man
3. TFLE

I'm working on a poll. Just trying to figure out how to narrow the field down.
With the poll choice I'm picking, you will be only able to vote on one title since ColorDMD will only be putting out one title at a time anyway.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I was curious about that too. With all the money these new sterns go for and all the mods and upgrades we put in, it only seemed natural to get a few stern titles in there. The Dr. who did surprise me

I think it is a matter of figuring out how to make it work with the Stern architecture. I remember Randy saying something about that at TPF that he basically has to rewrite the way the system interprets data from the Sterns.

That said, any of the games with movie rips for graphics would be VERY hard to colorize well. Xmen, ST, AC/DC, LotR, TSPP would all be good candidates once they figure everything out.

I also think that some of the Stern games used 16 shades on the DMD instead of 4 like the BW games did.

#31 9 years ago

1. Spiderman
2. Tron LE
3. Ripley's

#32 9 years ago

Star Trek.... but I know not until it's "frozen" by lack of updates.
I don't own anything else; but I'm thinking
Tron

#33 9 years ago

All of the above and STLE

#34 9 years ago

AC/DC
X-Men
Tron

#35 9 years ago

X-Men!

--Luke

#36 9 years ago

Metallica

#37 9 years ago

I think you need to assess how well the ColorDMD team can colorize the movie clips that a lot of the games have. Games like S-M, IM and TF may not translate well.

I'd like to see Metallica and AC/DC. Both are recent titles that have sold very well for Stern and have custom dots that should be easy to colorize compared to the movie clips.

#38 9 years ago

I want them to do Ironman first
But Simpsons would be a better pick, followed by Spiderman

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

1. spiderman
2. TRON LE
3. Ripley's

Ripley's has great animations. It would look nice. I wonder how the display will handle some of the awful blurry movie rip DMD animations Stern has. I can't imagine those would be easy to color.

#40 9 years ago

Tron Pro & LE

#41 9 years ago

TSPP
Family Guy
RBION

I agree that the games with film clip type animations may be pretty difficult and time consuming to add color.

#42 9 years ago

Star Trek!

#43 9 years ago

TSPP , color DMD has got some of the big popular mid 90's out and look sweet!!! They will get to the late sterns, 2003 TSPP!!!!

#44 9 years ago

Tspp

#45 9 years ago

1) Metallica Premium
2) Tron Pro
3) XMLE

Course I'd be poor then after buying all those displays!

#47 9 years ago

Poll finally added. Sorry to the Transformers, Ripleys, and Batman fans but I just didn't have enough selections to add them in. I had to pick the most likely titles.

#48 9 years ago

Met
Lotr

#49 9 years ago

TSPP and LOTR are the most likely.

Quoted from Pinfidel:

TFLE. There's SO much action/animation going on in that DMD, at times you can't even make it out. I think a color DMD would really take the game to another level. That's my choice anyway.

Never going to happen. It's all full motion video rips…would be nearly impossible to color coherently.

#50 9 years ago

If it is just games with no chance of new software coming out, that limits things to games prior to Tron and IM for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-first-colordmd-color-rom-for-stern-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.