2%

(66 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image 23.jpg
20140825_220458.jpg
image-11.jpg
image-22.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

I really liked the drop targets on Teacher's Pet. It's a little different than the traditional drop target because sometimes you want them up and sometimes you need them down and out of the way. Up and they can score big points. Down and you can hit the rebound switch behind them to light that badly needed letter to finish lighting "Teacher's Pet." Williams wasn't big on banks of targets but were pretty creative with just a few.

#24 9 years ago

Wild West had that style drop target too. I have never played one but it sure looks cool.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I did forget gobble holes though!

You were probably safe leaving that one off the list. I personally don't dislike gobble holes. It would be surprising if it were anyone's favorite feature though.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I could imagine using a gobble hole though, that instead of just draining the ball, randomly sent it to one of two or three 'kickout' holes and launched the ball back into play.
Below the playfield on gobble holes are these troughs that funnel the ball back to the main ball cage (gobbles holes were only used on games that still used five balls and a mechanical ball lift, so they funneled the balls back to there). I could envision routing those to a form of kickout hole that brought the ball back up onto the playfield. Maybe a gobble hole up top, and two kickback holes left and right down field.
Then a gobble hole might be more interesting to shoot for.

I like it! They can be a great risk/reward shot on a lot of the games I've played. You are right though, they could have been a little more creative with their use. Maybe one hidden behind a drop target with narrow opening and a healthy reward. Maybe a nearby rollover would reset the drop to block the opening. It could be an added ball and a replay like on some of the convertible games. That would be fun to shoot for.

#50 9 years ago

Neat. I think I may enjoy Team One and Volley. I do enjoy games with drop target banks but it seems aside from Pop-A-Card, the ones I owned were much as Dirtflipper described. Just knock down all the drops. There were some benefits to sharp shooting for a moving light for an added ball or getting the card hand. Essentially though if you get down all the drops in repetition your going to have a hell of a game. When I found myself not thinking about what I'm shooting at anymore I'd sell them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
$ 24.98
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-favorite-em-playfield-target?tu=alexf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.