• Like It? 71 votes
    22%
  • Leave It? 125 votes
    39%
  • Loathe It? 86 votes
    27%

(317 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

get_smart_shoe_phone[1] (resized).jpg
image.jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Please vote in regard to the pin's theme as many have yet to play it.

#2 2 years ago

I don't even know what the theme is yet. I know it involves a phone *sigh* but there seems to be disasters everywhere in the PF art.

#3 2 years ago

Fucking kanenda !! Lmao

#4 2 years ago

I just saw the game. I can't think of a theme that would be less interesting to me unless it was some home renovation show theme. Just build a game with a great flow, solid code and a non-gimmicky theme.

On the other hand, I spent a lot of time looking at the layout and the art packages for the three Batman 66 models. When it was announced, I was "meh". Seeing it changed my mind. If gameplay (no playable game was on the floor) matches the art package, Stern has a winner.

#5 2 years ago

Better theme than WOZ, but they should have focused on the sim city style theme, heard some guys toss around the name quantum city, that sounds pretty cool.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Fucking kanenda !! Lmao

Actually laughed, but seriously want to see how the numbers play out. I don't hate it but the periscope feed had some really negative takes.

#7 2 years ago

Don't hate it, but sure as hell don't love it.

#8 2 years ago

RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING

#9 2 years ago

Worst theme in pin history. What a mayor dissapointment. I feel defeated.

#10 2 years ago

Honestly, when Jack announced the theme and started detailing the game, I though it was pretty lame. I left after a few minutes. However, I came back later to play the pin, and watched a number of others play it. I was very impressed, as was everyone else playing. There's a lot to this pin, and I honestly like it better than JJP's other 2 games, both of which I like. Theme sounds lame, but it's very well done and the game is awesome.

image.jpeg

#11 2 years ago

I think the shots look great, the camera is a good idea for a pic with your high score and I don't have a problem with the theme that could be (QUANTUM CITY) , I have a problem with the GD MF'n CELL PHONE. Nothing that I can't stand more than hearing a stupid phone ringing over and over.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

Honestly, when Jack announced the theme and started detailing the game, I though it was pretty lame. I left after a few minutes. However, I came back later to play the pin, and watched a number of others play it. I was very impressed, as was everyone else playing. There's a lot to this pin, and I honestly like it better than JJP's other 2 games, both of which I like. Theme sounds lame, but it's very well done and the game is awesome.

Same here ...and i think many other will charge their minds also....people dont like different which this is but i believe it will catch on bc after all its a toy meant to b played and i think it will do that very well. To bad on the price tho... 8k and id be in i believe.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Nothing that I can't stand more than hearing a stupid phone ringing over and over.

People still love W?D
Of course that irritated the shit out of me.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

People still love W?D
Of course that irritated the shit out of me.

I should edit my post to include the price. I thought a standard size pin would be more affordable. Really thought they would go against the 9k and 13k price points.

#15 2 years ago

I think the shots look great, the camera is a good idea for a pic with your high score and I don't have a problem with the theme that could be (QUANTUM CITY) , I have a problem with the GD MF'n CELL PHONE. Nothing that I can't stand more than hearing a stupid phone ringing over and over.

Did you like Domino's? That bell rang all of the time but I was OK with it. It must be a certain type of ring that annoys.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Did you like Domino's? That bell rang all of the time but I was OK with it. It must be a certain type of ring that annoys.

Picture the movie The Big Lebowski where his phone rings over and over and they keep telling him that his phone is ringing. Hilarious. Love it.

DIAL is not hilarious like that. From the looks of it the pin will be fun to play but RING RING RING RING RING RING RING.

#17 2 years ago

RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING

Banana Phone...boop boop be doop de doop

#18 2 years ago

Ooooooooh! I get it now.... !

When you guys predicted "a disaster theme"; I thought you meant something like Earthshaker and Whirlwind...

But you guys meant that the theme IS a disaster.

(Too bad too because the shots look very, very good.)

#19 2 years ago

I actually enjoyed that. I hope that my disdain for the phone ringing toy is trumped by an incredible playing game but I still F''n hate the price tag on this pin.

#20 2 years ago

There's this term... what is it... oh that's right, "Negative Nancy"... LOL... just be glad the guy is doing something original. Like you really wanted another music themed pin?? Aerosmith hellooooo??

#21 2 years ago

I hope that my disdain for the phone ringing toy is trumped by an incredible playing game but I still F''n hate the price tag on this pin.

That's the only downside I see. Pretty darn expensive.

#22 2 years ago

I played it tonight. It's fun. Yes, it's a very odd theme, but it somehow all gels into a cohesively cool and unique package. The animations on the LCD are incredible and really up the ante vs. anything we've seen before. I definitely like this game more than either WOZ or Hobbit. My only major complaint is that the ball times seem to be on the long side. I tend to gravitate towards more difficult games like TWD or GB.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Ooooooooh! I get it now.... !
When you guys predicted "a disaster theme"; I thought you meant something like Earthshaker and Whirlwind...
But you guys meant that the theme IS a disaster.
(Too bad too because the shots look very, very good.)

I've been saying the exact same thing as well. Sometimes it's better to just Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) on a theme that is most likely accompanied by a great playing pin.

#24 2 years ago

After giving it some thought, it's only the NAME that is horrible. Can we all agree to call it Quantum City (QC)?

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

There's this term... what is it... oh that's right, "Negative Nancy"... LOL... just be glad the guy is doing something original. Like you really wanted another music themed pin?? Aerosmith hellooooo??

I hear you bro and I'm not being that hard on the Beaver. Just wished JJP would keep the phone integration as a feature and not totally incorporate it as the theme. I believe that the pin will be damn fun but don't think many will agree that the phone toy is worth the price of ownership. 9k/12.5k is a hell of a lot of coin. I'm definitely looking forward to playing it.

There's a little positivity for ya.

Cheers
PCHOP

#26 2 years ago

No you're good chop, I was more replying to how many people have been so Uber harsh on the new theme. Play it first, then talk smack hehe. So far my only concern is price, but hopefully our new pinball focused arcades in town pick one up I can play

#27 2 years ago

I'm with you Darkwing, I love to play and I'm excited to PLAY the hell out of this pin. I can't say it's bad bc it looks like a player from the little I've seen. I know I'll like DIAL, I just was ready to be a buyer if I loved it just from seeing it. I'm not in love, especially at $9k.

If this was Big Trouble In Little China from JJP then I'm bustin' out 13k and poppin' bottles bro.

#28 2 years ago

Well it's exactly what I feared it would be. I can't stand phones or phone 'culture', and trying to integrate pinball with a technology that changes weekly will date the pin very quickly indeed. Also not a fan of slot run moving targets - it's like Mick Jagger all over again. I hope this game doesn't sink JJP.

#31 2 years ago

Gameplay:

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Gameplay:
» YouTube video

Ridiculous price, but it looks like a lot of fun to play!

#33 2 years ago

Now ive seen the gameplay it hurts even more it has a theme even more boring than a shoe.

#34 2 years ago

It's Lawlor.

Seriously...he made a pinball machine out of the two things I hate most in this world: Construction and Country Music.

So, this one might not exactly be the theme for me, but Road Show is kind of fun to play...and Dialed In will probably be fine.

Pete

#35 2 years ago

I would end up taking a baseball bat to it! Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#36 2 years ago

Have any chicks flashed for the selfie mode yet?

(By flash, I mean used a bright light, because Pinside frowns on boobs).

#37 2 years ago

Seen a lot of posts about Dialed In, but haven't come across anyone who'd expand on the Bluetooth.

What does it do exactly? And would there be any issues with it on location play? Like other people connecting their phones, or the number of people who had at one time connected to it, but aren't any more? Or is it a feature that would only be used for home use only?

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Seen a lot of posts about Dialed In, but haven't come across anyone who'd expand on the Bluetooth.
What does it do exactly? And would there be any issues with it on location play? Like other people connecting their phones, or the number of people who had at one time connected to it, but aren't any more? Or is it a feature that would only be used for home use only?

Just to add as I'm interested too -- Can you get these picture from the machine via bluetooth? If not, what good is the camera - seems like TZ camera is just as good

#39 2 years ago

I was expecting something different and I think we all had high expectations. However the theme is not my thing and I do not feel that the use of phone connectivity has anything to do with pinball. I wish JJP the best but I cant picture this in my collection.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I was expecting something different and I think we all had high expectations. However the theme is not my thing and I do not feel that the use of phone connectivity has anything to do with pinball. I wish JJP the best but I cant picture this in my collection.

I think the reveal didn't serve it any justice and added to the disappointment.

I heard rumors of an Ice Cold Beer like backbox. That would be awesome. Then the Phone flyer thing. Is this a joke?

Then "upgrades" to the new platform:

1) Legs that are "always pitch the machine to 6.5 degrees" (Umm, ok)
2) A $10 swinging monitor mount (which swings right back even though the game is supposedly at 6.5 degrees, hmm )

THEN finally the reveal of an awful name, which needs a comic book to explain it, and Pat's explanation was WAY too long and complex.

Oh then the price.

Oh then connecting to your phone via bluetooth. I can't even connect bluetooth in my car half the frigging time.

Just a huge face palm.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Gameplay:
» YouTube video

OMG, does the phone really ring like that constantly???

That is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. I saw the layout this morning and thought it looked cool, but geeez, that is awful.

EDIT - After watching whole gameplay video, doesn't ring that much...Layout looks cool, we'll see.

Is there going to be a standard edition for 7k ish?

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

OMG, does the phone really ring like that constantly???
That is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. I saw the layout this morning and thought it looked cool, but geeez, that is awful.
EDIT - After watching whole gameplay video, doesn't ring that much...Layout looks cool, we'll see.
Is there going to be a standard edition for 7k ish?

Isn't that the 9k version?

Seems like they screwed the pooch by talking about the crazy 12K version of the game. Even 9K is just... totally nuts.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

it has a theme even more boring than a shoe.

Then how about a shoe phone mod?get_smart_shoe_phone[1] (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Sale Pending!
Orlando, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Evansville, IN
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,000.00
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Machine - For Sale
Regina, SK
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,000.00
$ 399.95
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside