4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 5 years ago

CCr would be awesome but with the track record of CGC keeping to original code and original game play, I dont see CC getting the needed code completeion to be done right. That being said bring on BBBr!

#86 5 years ago

I Have a CCC. The difference between CC and CCC is night and day. Continued is a must have for any CC owner. Just one example: CCC must have thousands of sounds. Sounds from: MM, SS, AFM, TAF, ES, FH, MB, CV, all due to its Tribute Modes. The game has the best sound of any W/B game due to the way Continued is run (PRock/PC and Lepy Amp) Matter of Fact it would rival CGC’s new setup. There are a lot of new modes on Continued over the original code. I just can’t see CGC topping CCC with any new code unless they add video modes or interactive toys (guns) I am eagerly waiting to see what they come up with.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

It has to be CCCr

As much as I agree, This will never happen. They are going to have to come up with their own code. What I hear is that they are using the guy that did the original code to finish it. We will see... In order to use Continued, they would have to radically deviate from their Remake design for boards and hardware. Too much money to do that. Not happening IMHO. I still think it will be awhile before we see CCr.

#91 5 years ago

I would think BBBr before a TAF but what do I know?

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And if they have all the B/W rights, why not go CCC? It

Continued does not belong to: W/B, Scietific Games, PPS, CGC or any other commecial pinball entity.

1 week later
#135 5 years ago

I think CCr with a completed code, enhancements (modes, interactive video, plus the typical CGC upgrades) and saloon doors/Bionic Bart would do well on location. (Especially here in Colorado). Most people like an old Western Theme distraction from the typical themes of today.

4 months later
#170 5 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

CC as it is is not deep enough

If they just bring out CC with no completion it won't go well. The machine has to be completed to be a success IMHO. The rumor was that you will be able to play the original code and an enhanced completed version. They need to at least install the saloon doors and ad Bionic Bart. Continued has the BB mode as a series of called shots to load your rifle to shoot BB. It is very cool because those called shots increase in number and complexity. Of course one of the best Continued modes is Cowboys and Aliens! Very challenging with all of the AFM call outs and videos. Aliens popping up to shoot and saucer destruction videos!
This mode would be awesome with the super large display. Unfortunately Continued will not be an option on this one.

#177 5 years ago

If they do CV, (to me) that means they had major issues with the coding of CC. Just Sayin

#183 5 years ago

Nope CCC is a pc based program

2 months later
#204 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

I have a chance to buy a CV for around 6500

Buy the CV. You will be glad you did.

2 weeks later
#217 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Bought it and am very happy. And got it at a price thats on point with what the remake would cost. Now i am hoping the next remake is CCr or TOTANr.

Awesome! Feel free to drop in on the owners thread.

3 months later
#239 4 years ago

Had a friend visit the factory a week or so ago. He strayed off where he wasn't supposed to Go and said he saw a room full of Twilight Zones... ???

1 week later
#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Cactus Canyon with revamped code. Not CCC code, is my guess.
If true, this is what can really can take things next level. Popular theme, great layout and more complete, modernized code? Who’d want an original?

Someone who would want Continued. Continued Code is still being improved. The latest version is awesome and I can't imagine CGC coming up with something better. (although it would be cool to see) There are things that CCC/Proc can do that anything CGC comes up with won't be able to. Continued has thousands of sounds from many different games. The flipper sounds are amazing! Party Mode,Cowboys and Aliens, lots of reasons to want an original.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah I heard it was enhanced. If you thing about it, if they enhance the code on classic pins to make up for the shortcomings, who'd want the classic pin? That's a real win.

Yeah I get that. I think a lot of people were hoping for code enhancement on MBr but it didn't happen. It was explained to me like this: Going in to an old code and changing things is very cumbersome and leads to a lot of issues. It is better to start over than to tamper with what has already been done. This is what I hear they found with CC code. Maybe That is why we haven't seen CCr yet. Since and if they have started over for CCr than maybe we will see things like interactive video modes, Saloon Doors, New Gunfight Modes heck maybe even a "Drawable" gun! One can only dream....

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

If this is your main wish then you should consider getting an Etch A Sketch.

Chuckle... Ok man whatever...

3 weeks later
#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Please skip CCr altogether and move on to BBBr

I have been told it Won't happen. At least not by CGC. If it gets remade it would be done by the company that has the Capcom license. Pinball Inc.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought PPS has it ?

Not according to Pinball Inc. According to them (found this out at Expo by them) they (own the W/B licenses) and are leasing the W/B licenses to PPS. They retained (all use of) the Capcom licenses and are in process of recreating King Pin. They are using the portion of the Licenses for W/B for the manufacture of parts. They also have authorized the use of the parts portion (of the licenses) to other entities. I purchased a few things from them at the show. Their web site is still a work in progress and it is coming along nicely. I consider this info as good news for all of the W/B lovers out there. More parts better availability
and recreation of the legendary games we want.

#380 4 years ago

Nope, I relayed the info just as I got it. Straight from Pinball Inc. He told us the whole story from the sale of all of the licenses to now. I did not ad or fabricate anything. Maybe you need to give Pinball Inc a call then. I bought genuine Williams parts from them at Expo.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That they acquire from us as a reseller ... we have a good working relationship with James, so I can only attribute to misunderstanding of what was communicated ... we work on a number of projects and will continue to do so ... we don't really need to 'call' anybody.

All Good! Thats not how he describes the relationship. I didnt mention his name. He is building King Pin. I played it and chatted with him.

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

ou kind of did. He is Pinball Inc.

His company yes his name no. I was going to keep his name out of it. There is definitely something strange going on here. Why would he tell me These things if they weren't true. There was a whole lot more he disclosed that I am not mentioning here. There were other people there as well and I will leave it to them to come forward or to remain anonymous. I am going to just let this go now. There is obviously some dirty little secret that is not supposed to revealed on an open forum.

1 month later
#499 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How do you figure? CGC uses their own board set. Circus Maximus uses the P3 off the shelf board set.

Hmmmmm .... good question I think we know the answer to...

4 weeks later
#522 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Isn't BBB a Capcom game so CGC really doesn’t have the rights to that right?

Yes and No...

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I do not. Does that disqualify me on making a comment on modern parenting? I am 48 and have a lot of experience with kids. Even if I didn’t all one would need is to be old enough to remember parenting in the 70s and 80s and have a pulse and set of eyeballs to see the huge difference in how kids are being raised today. I see what is done in public and private with friends and family. The kids seem to be in charge of the parents in a lot of cases. It is a joke. When I grew up respect for parents and all adults was paramount. You don’t have that today and it shows in children’s behavior. Maybe it’s just me but the lack of control parents have seems to lead to them handing their children the phone/tablet as a way to distract and diffuse the bad behavior. Maybe you could tell me how I am wrong instead of just trying to disqualify me from the conversation. And how old are you exactly?

My experience as a parent today: You cannot make kids do anything they don't want to do anymore. (if you think that you can, by a few little things, just wait til they get a bit older) Yesteryear parents would just beat the shit out of them to get them to do what they want. (go to bed, brush their teeth ect...) That is not acceptable now and most cases wouldn't work anyway. Parents now are just a guide. We warn our kids what will happen if they do not: get decent grades, stay away from sex, drugs and rock and roll... (wait not rock and roll) It's a coin flip if they will actually listen. My 21 year old didn't listen and now he is homeless. (and yes that is his choice)

4 weeks later
#712 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

FYI. Kingpin is being "remade" by Cirqus Maximus with the P-ROC system

That's going to be a good one! I really enjoyed playing the prototype at Expo! Hope they do BBB someday as well.

9 months later
1 month later
#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

CGC have delivered 3 games and upgrades. CGC have proved they can deliver, Deeproot are full of talk.. No games... Just arrogance and broken promises so far. I am sure there is a game coming from CGC soon that you will be able to play at an arcade or buy. I cannot say the same about DR.

And because CGC has delivered on 3 games and talks about timely releases of others, is the reason for the skepticism. It's the element of time that is fanning the flames of doubt here.

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

They will deliver

All in good time....

#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Kind of an interesting trademark registration from 2019.

This has been brought up before...

#1165 3 years ago

There are no broken promises from CGC. No flames of doubt just a few people that are impatient.

Thats right, too many impatient people here. It takes at least three years to get this title completed after the reveal. Wait what? There hasn’t been a reveal? Oh.. nevermind

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I’m remotely interested but ready to pull the trigger on another pin.

You should pull the trigger....

#1193 3 years ago

Yeah ya wait 3 years for CCr how long will ya be waiting for #5? 5yrs?

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Perhaps we will know in 2022

Or beyonddddddddddd.......

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

elax. Plenty of other cool stuff all over the industry right now. And, be damn excited when CGC does announce.

Plenty of cool stuff you can spend your money on instead....

1 week later
#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

CGC needs to pump out more

Secrecy

2 weeks later
#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC has never been in a hurry to make games or bring new games to the market.

Whew! Boy I am sure glad of that. I was really worried.

1 week later
#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I and others do not agree. Stern has pumped out 8 to 12 games since MBr release. Spooky has even knocked out a few games. They could at least produce a few MM, AFM and MB to get people by for a bit. I like CGC and the quality of their games is fantastic, but the excitement of #4 has been fading daily. It better be something REALLY special to take this long. This is WOZ production long. If they release and have a ton of games already produced and ready to ship then I might feel a little better about it.

Don’t count on it

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:Are they planning on making more MMR, AFM, or MB?

Who knows?? Probably not....

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Fingers crossed it is indeed CCR, in which case it'll be a clear cut case of 'shut up and take my money' for me. I just hope they put Betty Bart in, I was disappointed she was on the backglass but never actually in the game!

She is awesome in Continued! My favorite Character. " Betty Here to Show These Boys How It's Done!"

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

CGC next game announcement is like

Oh My God No Kidding! What is with that? OK my sisters growing up lived in their respective dumpsters which drew my mother's rath, but I never did. Guess I missed out on that virus. Their space their mess I guess... "man keep that door closed, so that stench doesn't get out!"

1 month later
#1394 2 years ago

Man, it's bad when a CGC thread ends up talking about the next season of GOTs...

2 weeks later
#1466 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

More likely parts supply chain issue

If this is the case, then why hasn't it stopped the other manufactures like Stern, JJP or Spooky?

2 weeks later
#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Post scriptum:
Oh and it doesn't help CGC to have CCC code out there in the wild, because I bet there are people who have unknowingly played CCC and think that is what CCr is going to be. Won't they be sadly disappointed?

I have CCC and if CCr is anything close, it will be a Homerun!

1 week later
#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I think he meant Indiana Jones, The Pinball Adventure. Probably typed TPA, and was auto-corrected to IPA.

What? You never had an Indiana Jones IPA? You have no idea what you are missing.

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

No game is coming soon. What an epic failure. They could still be making MMr and AFMr and selling

You ever think that It might not be CGC thats the hold up?

2 weeks later
#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Yup. Heard it for three years . I'd say Chicago gaming is about done.

With Remakes? Could be…

#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

This thread should be merged with "The nothing thread"

Nothing to here, "Move Along, Move Along"

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Nothing to see here, "Move Along, Move Along"

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:regardless of CCC or CCEE whatever it's called

Cactus Canyon Continued CCC. Not ccee. Lets get that straight.

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Was the code complete on that title?

Yes and it has a very unique strategy. To be able to Bet your points is remarkable. You can actually finish a game with no points at all. Will it be remade? Nah
Way too many games that would bring better profit.

#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

he just said they are working hard and something would be coming soon.

Sounds like you might be surprised with whatever that something is...

#1934 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Spoke with Tech last month & he stated that they're releasing two titles this October. I don't see why he would lie... he wouldn't tell me obviously NDA

Oh Well, so much for the end of the month…

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

why get hope up until its announced

Notice the "eye roll"... My hope was all but gone years ago.. Thats why I bought an original.

#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I really don't want anyone over at CGC to get into any trouble; for all I know he was providing me "Fake News"

I wouldn't worry unless it's true... then Oh Shit... I hope it is true because I am planning on going to Expo this year and they will most likely show up there.

#1998 2 years ago

Played some CC & Tom. Both would need some extra modes to be legit remakes

This is what keeps me interested for CC. I am expecting a cool topper for CCr but what they did with the code may set a new president for future remake games and may ad a new level of interest.

#2006 2 years ago

Ok so now I am hearing release of CCr at the end of this month. I guess we will see…

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

love how they did that.

Yes, the topper won’t work as designed, but that doesn't mean it wont work.

3 weeks later
#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Is this Cactus Canyon game really that good?

It is tough to get a real analogy because even though some have played it, they haven't spent a lot of time with it and certainly haven't owned one. There have been some prior owners that have claimed it was boring, but I can't understand that analogy especially if it has Continued. (to each his/her own) I have an original with the Final version of Continued and it is one of my favored few. I am a sound Lover! Little bites like Wicked Laughs, Explosions, Bustin Glass, GunFire, Old time Rebel Yells, and numerous bites from other games like MB, CV, TAF, MM, SS, FH, ES and others. Continued has sooo many sounds that I can still hear a new ones after owning the game for several years. The People that have owned CCC and claim boredom must either be expert pinball players, really rotten pinball players or terrible liars.

#2208 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

There is no way CGC would release CC without finished code. I’m sure they planned for that and whatever license they obtained to build the game also included the right to finish the code with whatever coder they choose.

This would seem to be the game plan. Especially with all the delays in it’s release. I even heard that there was supposed to be a way to switch it to the original code for traditionalists. But to remake (or in this case remaster) CC without a code completion would be a tragic mistake IMHO

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

That is why CCC users require an additional pc.

Yep. Continued is a totally different code. I am really curious on how the remake will be coded.

#2228 2 years ago

There is just a lot of wishful thinking from people that own originals.

Keep dreamin Jack...

#2261 2 years ago

Only 2 hours left before the opening ceremonies of the CGC Critic Olympics start.

LOL!

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Was there any specifics as to release date and who is going to be finishing the games code?

No

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Trade
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4?tu=whthrs166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.