4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Here’s hoping for TOM. Fun game, but not at the current prices. CC just doesn’t do it for me - Unless they do end up finish the code a la CCC.

Here is hoping for an Alienr with completed code, etc. The only game of all those mentioned in this thread (CCr, TOMR, BBBr, etc.) I would actually buy NIB.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe you can forget CGC ever doing Alien.
LTG : )

We'll somebody should. I think CGC would sell more of those then any of these other remakes.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I agree. Enough fans out there for the game. I'd like to see everybody that wants one, get one.
Just won't be CGC.

No offense but I hope it isn't JJP. This pin doesn't need to be made at JJP's premium price points and I haven't had a good maintenance experience with my WOZ either.

I have an MMr and not only is the build quality great, pricing is reasonable and maintenance needs haver been low as well. That is why I'd like to see CGC do Alien.

3 months later
#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I want a new CGC game so bad. I refuse to buy Stern or JJP, too many issues lately.

Which us why CGC should consider starting to make their own games and not just remakes. With their built in advantage and expertise in making playfields and cabinets, they could hire a few experienced designers and software engineers and really make a dent in Stern's business.

1 week later
#296 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The challenge is not licensing. People keep saying this however it is completely not true.
The challenge is convincing Planetary Pinball and CGC to make one or both.

I find it very hard to believe licensing for IJ wouldn’t be very expensive and difficult to do. On top of the expensive license, it is a wide body and expensive pin to remake.

The demand may be there but when all these factors are taken into consideration, not sure CGC could remake it at a price point it would sell well. Too expensive.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

For what its worth, I think an independent, un-licensed theme from the B/W lineup of the past that deserves a sequel, which could be very lucrative if they do a good job of incorporating original assets into a sequel title and retain the “fun factor” that draws people back to these titles of the past. We have seen 2.0 versions of existing tables, Bride 2.0, and the CCC enhancements, the non-code CGC enhancements on their remakes, and I ask you, as a CGC owner myself, would you be intereseted in AFM III- The Third Wave from CGC? Or MMII, or even Monster Bash- The Farewell Tour... and they totally change up the main toys but keep the themes? Yep, sign me up. They could make sequels of older titles and I would not just nibble, I would be taking huge mouth-sized chunks, I would be eating this up with a fork, knife, and a spoon. But lest we not forget, the recent BKSoR release from Stern tried to capitalize on this very same thing, and although I enjoy flipping the new table, when I am done, I feel I would have had just as much fun playing either of the two orginal titles, which doesnt say alot about SoR, at least beyond the twinge of nostalgia I get from playing it. With software updates it might get better, game wise, because it flipped nice, and some of the shots are exactly the same as the old tables. Just my $0.02

I think this would be a great idea as well. How about something like Expedition Everest with the abominable snowman yeti as a sequel to Whitewater? Incorporate snow mountains with new twists, deeper code, and newer technology.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

BBBR with better audio, speaker lights, mirror blades, shaker motor, and a huge interactive tube dancer topper ?
Probably more than a few.

I would buy TZr if they did that. No way I'd buy a BBBr or CCr, however.

They have already done most of the titles outside of TZ and IJ that would be big sellers and remakes. They will never get the license to redo IJ... not sure about TZ.

If they really want to take the next step and sell, they need to hire some experienced designer(s) and software developers and make their own pins. If they can maintain the quality they've shown on remakes with their own titles and innovation, they could really start cutting into Stern's business... and this hobby would be the better for it.

3 months later
#535 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel like the price for a classic TZ would be higher than a MM Royal.

I’d be in for TZ at a comparable price point to the other remakes. SS is one I’d probably do as well. Out on BBBr and CCr.

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I wonder what games WON’T be remade?
I’d guess
TZ - cost/license/wide body/ and not especially rare
IJ - see TZ
TAF - I believe Planetary Pinball pretty much said it wouldn’t happen since some license holders are not interested in remaking machines/products with out-of-date IP
Shadow - license/aftermarket cost
ST:TNG - see Shadow
Congo - see Shadow
And so on

Never thought about Shadow. That is one I'd buy but guessing prices arent high enough to justify it.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So you really think it is going to be Alien?

Alien would be top of my list. Would buy it for sure if CGC got the rights and remade it.

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

i don‘t understand what you mean. what is wrong if children see the pole dancers? can you explain?
may i ask which country you come from?

Is this a serious question?

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just curious if they did try and do Scared Stiff, would they have to get additional authorization from Elvira or other members?

Pretty sure. Not sure how much that license would be.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

This has been covered many times, it's 99% most likely not going to be "continued" unless they have very recently come to some agreement on that which is a very well kept secret.

Then apparently they won't sell very many if they do a remake.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Flat out, your kids see worse on the internet and tv daily. I hate to tear off the blinders, but you aren't protecting your kids from anything. Remember all those things you did and knew about as kids without your parents knowing? Your kids are aware and know more than you ever did and even at younger ages.
As stated it's 2020, it's fine. Don't start that crap to keep others from having things. You don't want it, don't buy it. That simple. It's perfectly acceptable that you may not want to contribute to their downward spiral by not buying certain things. There are 1000's of others who will - who do or don't have kids (many of us w/o kids have more money anyway).
Also, I don't see any downtick in the number of strip clubs in 2020 (webcams anyone) - so as 'woke' as people like to pretend they are women are way more about showing off their bodies for money these days than 20 years ago. Point is, this pinball machine is tame and if she's going to take her clothes off for money BBB isn't going to be the thing that pushes her over the edge. Look at AC/DC Luci - it had no problem selling, and I would say the artwork is more in your face than BBB or Scared Stiff.

So because kids will likely have access to the internet and movies parents should just say what the hell and put whatever they feel like right at their kids fingertips? I get what you're saying and agree kids do a lot of stuff we cant control but don't think that is the point.

Regardless, BBB as a theme holds zero interest for me with or without alien strippers. I know it has its fans but not sure CGC would sell enough to make it worthwhile. Just doesn't seem like a theme with broad appeal.

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Very many. Compared to what ?
What ever they announce, when it's revealed with big display, speaker lights, amazing topper. Will sell well.
They've built a loyal following of people who like their games, the quality, different models, and support.

I am one of those people that really likes CGC's build quality and what they're doing. I have an MMr and have had no issues.

With that said, CC needs better code and I think some on the fence that might buy will not without updated code.

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Wait. You GO to strip clubs, and you are worried about what your daughter might think of you for a pinball machine? The double standard of dad being willing to sexually exploit women for behavior that he otherwise condemns is probably a tad more damaging. I hope that was groundless hyperbole on your part.

Where did he say he goes to strip clubs?

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

He said it in the message:

If he was speaking hyperbolically, then it's fine. But if he actually does frequent strip clubs and is worried about depictions of strippers warping his daughter? That's odd.

Yeah, well, given the context there pretty sure that isn't what you're making out to be.

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My experience as a parent today: You cannot make kids do anything they don't want to do anymore. (if you think that you can, by a few little things, just wait til they get a bit older) Yesteryear parents would just beat the shit out of them to get them to do what they want. (go to bed, brush their teeth ect...) That is not acceptable now and most cases wouldn't work anyway. Parents now are just a guide. We warn our kids what will happen if they do not: get decent grades, stay away from sex, drugs and rock and roll... (wait not rock and roll) It's a coin flip if they will actually listen. My 21 year old didn't listen and now he is homeless. (and yes that is his choice)

Yesteryear parents just beat their kids to get them to brush their teeth, go to bed, etc.?!! Interesting take. I guess I was in the lucky minoritythat wasn't beaten and still brushed my teeth and slept on occasion.

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

We already know what it's going to be.
It's definitely CC...unless it's TOTAN or TOM, with a slight possibility of WH20. Of course, it could be BBB, or TAF, unless they surprise us with TZ, though maybe it will be an original title.
I don't understand why you are confused.

For those advocating for a WH2O remake, just curious if you’d buy it without the original type of topper? No one has ever figured out how to replicate the ones used on the originals so guessing it would be difficult for CGC as well.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, personally, I wouldn't, but that's only because I've owned my WH20 for almost 25 years (and it's topper is in great shape).
Overall though, I would think that the topper would be a requirement (the translite for WH20 doesn't even have the game's name on it otherwise). And if anyone could replicate the topper I would think it would be CGC, as they would likely have access to the original plans/procedures from Williams files.

What I’ve read is that not even the old Williams files have a good record of how they made those. Hard to believe a technology from the early 90’s couldn’t be easily replicated but who knows. Surprising no one has been able to make an accurate replacement yet.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

CGC could easily put some kind of lcd display to improve the topper if needed. That's kind of their style - improve details and cosmetics.

Maybe buy the WH2O topper is essentially considered to be part of the game itself. Any remake would need it or a substantial improvement.

The bigger question is whether WH2O is at a price point where it would even make sense for CGC to remake it? I say no unless they can price it 6k or less.

#667 4 years ago

Next remake: Alien or bust... if they want to do something guaranteed to sell well, I think that would be the one.

1 month later
#722 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I doubt the third flipper is a problem, but recreating the topper might be. Creating the foil reflective pattern is a lost technology.

With the ongoing meltdown in the stock market and coronavirus scare, do these remake plans go forward or get put on hold? Has the fluid situation changed anyone's plans on NIB purchases?

6 months later
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

"to the extent these items do not involve third party intellectual property rights requiring additional licensing"
Exactly as I was saying...they still need to secure the rights to other properties owned by other parties. To make a game like Elivra or TAF, PPS needs BOTH the Williams rights to the machine design (which they have), and the rights to those other properties (which they don't - yet).
Some of those rights may be easy to obtain, others may be very expensive (Indiana Jones, STTNG), others may be very complicated (TZ - due to Rod Serling's likeness being a separate thing from the TV series), and others may not be available at all (Elvira - depending upon the details of Stern's current license).
The MBr remake was reported to have been delayed because there was some hold up in finalizing the deal with Universal for their Monsters.
This is why it will be easier/cheaper to remake stuff like Whitewater, TOM, or TOTAN, since they already have all the rights they need for those machines.

How do you truly remake Whitewater when the topper doesn't appear to be something that can be replicated? Whitewaters without working toppers sell for considerably less for a reason.

Even if they make a different topper to go with it, is Whitewater really a game at a price point where it would be worth while to do a remake?

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I’m actually leaning towards new title as opposed to remake.

That would be nice. I've felt that is the direction CGC should be going for a while now given Stern and JJP's quality issues. The best built and reliable game I have is a CGC MMr.

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

From Beck Heck's interview, it is a CGC remake, then a CGC original, then his game.... sooo evil dead?

Who is Beck Heck and what is his game?

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only CGC knows for sure. Some remakes still in the works. And independent titles too.
This year is an exciting year for them. And next year will be even better.

By exciting, do you mean they will actually be bringing out a game this year? Getting pretty late in the day...

#978 3 years ago

I wish too. Would definitely be in on that one.

1 month later
#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Is this a clue? Do you know the game? Tell me it's not No Good Gofers !!!!!!!!

That is the rumor I've heard. Will have the Caddyshack license and music, though. Big upgrade.

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You need a better rumor source.

Rodney Dangerfield appeared to me in a dream and said he signed off on the full license. Apparently that has been the hold up.

1 month later
#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope someone does.
I don't think it will be CGC though.

I’m starting to wonder if CGC is ever going to release another game.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CGC makes it's own cabinets and playfields.
Just point that out. I don't think we'll ever see any wide body games from them.

Which explains why the MMr I bought 3 years ago is in better condition than any new game I've seen from Stern or JJP in several years. With that quality and experience built in, they should go all in on designing their own new pinball machines. Could become a very viable competitor to Stern.

Did Churchill make a lot of the playfields and cabinets for the 90's era Bally/Williams games?

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

You guys really don't think it's funny that brian allen did side blades, and a translite for whitewater?
A game with zero IP issues...
With a decent value used...
With not a huge amount of games made...
I don't know, why would every remake have art from Brian Allen, who has access to the Williams IP, and then he just randomly does whitewater?

Who is Brian Allen and when were these done? My question on Whitewater is given all the ramps and stuff on the game, could CGC remake it at a price point people would be willing to buy? Secondly, the topper is part of the game and the classic nostalgia that goes with it. Have they or can they figure out a way to replicate it?

Will be interesting but I do think Whitewater woukd be more expensive to remake than the games CGC has done to this point.

#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yes. Churchill was a supplier to WMS back then.

Wasn't it when Stern switched to a new playfield supplier about the time they started experiencing playfield issues? I have both a Tron and Ironman from the 2010-2013 make timeframe and both playfields are still in excellent condition. No dimples or anything.

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

It's not the size that matters...
[quoted image]

WTF... that is great for a 5 year old. Looks terrible.

7 months later
#2338 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

PPS is taking names for interest in CCR LE's - we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, as well as have a contractual allocation of games, so if you are on the list you will get a game (so long as CGC builds them of course!). If you are interested - send email to [email protected]

I need to hear specifics on how (if at all) the code will be changed/upgraded and any other upgrades in the works. When will that info be released?

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Thank you so much! And thanks to the others here advising me to contact Planetary Pinball. I have done so and was told I would surely get an LE. All is well in pinball land.

Anyone have an idea what pricing on these is going to look like?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4?tu=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.