4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Totan: the Robin Williams Tribute edition... [quoted image]

I hope you are correct! If TOTAN is next we are in. If I was a betting man, I would bet TOM is next. People are too quick to write off TAF being remade. If TAF were remade we would definitely buy one and we already have an original.

10 months later
#262 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not sure why it wouldn't be since its old Bally/Williams game....the challenge I hear with IJ and TAF is licensing....

The challenge is not licensing. People keep saying this however it is completely not true.

The challenge is convincing Planetary Pinball and CGC to make one or both.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If thats not the case then IJ is a no brainer....if their goal is to make money then that title demands the highest dollar...especially if it was upgraded with a large color screen and a killer topper....

If CGC does decide to do a IJ do not hold your breath waiting for a topper. The original licences are now owned by Planetary Pinball. As long as the reproductions are within the existing license agreement they can be remade (same for TAF). Extras like toppers could cause issues as they will require additional licensing.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Movie based, actors have limits on their licensing no? I suspect they’d have to get licensing for the voice and image again . I haven’t acted in years or ever and nobody made a pinball about me so just spitballing

If you are lucky enough to go to a Pinball show and CGC and/or Planetary Pinball are there, ask them yourself! All the animations on the remakes are based of the originals and only colourised so there are no issues. All the sound is the same, it has just been digitised to make it clearer, but still the same sounds as the original.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That isn't right is it ?
Scientific Games owns Williams. Planetary Pinball licenses rights from them. Planetary doesn't own them.
Big difference. Planetary Pinball has to get the okay from Scientific on anything using Williams' stuff they do.
LTG : )

Thanks for clearing that up. Our distro in Australia used to own the rights and I thought he sold them to Planetary.

1 week later
#322 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

We humans do like patterns and CGC’s last three remakes were Williams, Bally, Williams. So I am guessing a Bally is next. But I really have no idea what’s next. But TOM is my bet.

We certainly like patterns! The pattern is no wide body, no game CGC think will not sell well, in Pinside top 10 BW order.

My bet is Totan, TOM or outside chance, TAF.

3 weeks later
#400 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

TAF and IJ would cost too much in licensing.

How do you know this?

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Because everybody on every forum is an expert in licensing, BOM's, manufacturing costs, shipping costs, running any type of business that they have no experience in, the law, statistics, "facts", what you should be doing with your time or money, other people not being entitled to their own opinion because they are simply missing details that if they had they would definitely see things the other person's way, etc.....

Awesome response! That just made my day. I agree. I have never seen so many experts that know everything about everything to do with pinball . Our hobby is certainly colourful.

I can tell you for sure TAF is not an issue with license (straight from the horses mouth) and I am not 100% sure about IJ. TAF is more about talking PPS and CGC into making a remake. Both of them believe there are plenty of TAF already in the market and a remake would not sell well. IJ is widebody and I do not think either of them are keen to remake a widebody game.

Keep smiling.

2 months later
#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tablets? My parents used wooden spoons. My have things changed.

Wooden Spoons and belts!

2 months later
#785 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m hearing Addams Family ?

TAF is the next game in Pinside Top 100 order that is next. I do not think CGC would do TZ as a remake.

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Just curious, why wouldn't they do a TZ?

CGC have said they do not want to remake a wide body game.

2 months later
#860 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Any chance TAF gets remade?

We are kooking forward to a TAF remake!
And we have an original

#867 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Cgc asleep at the wheel.

CGC are doing a lot better than Deeproot. Patience!

1 month later
#876 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

At least we know what deeproot's next (first) game will be and have seen some version of it.

And how many Deeproot games have been put into arcades and peoples homes?

I think CGC will get another game out before Deeproot does.

1 week later
#884 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I won't say, it will screw over people selling their original version of this game. If you're asking what #5 is...no idea.

Your Stern prediction was wrong so your CGC prediction will be as well.

I predict TOM or TOTAN, announcement in the next month or so.

2 weeks later
#909 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Does this mean no new BTTF pin too?

CGC can remake TAF if they want to.

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, but it's likely that they would have to renegotiate the license, and that would probably not include Lloyd's likeness. So they would probably have to do that weird altering of the likeness that they did for the digital versions.
Personally, I don't think having a "generic" Uncle Fester is that big a deal, but it might be a problem for some people.

So how do CPR and Mirco make replacement new playfields that are exactly the same as the original?

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I don't know the details, but I believe the licensing issues for "replacement parts" are different than those of new machines. It is possible that Williams had no time limit on the ability to produce/secure replacement parts but had a limited time window to sell actual machines.

So why would that not apply to a game if you made it the same?

CGC have said they could remake TAF if they wanted too.

1 week later
#939 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I am guessing Cassandra is contractually barred from licensing an Elvira game to a competitor for a period of years after the release of EHOH. It seems reasonable enough.

Pleas read posts 930, 932 and 933. That will answer your question and stop you guessing! Old games can be remade.

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Exactly. They had to go back to Universal to get the rights to the Monsters for Monster Bash. And they would have to go back to get the rights to Elvira (in addition to the rights they already have from Williams) to remake Scared Stiff.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I don't follow. I'm sure they would still need additional licensing from Elvira, just like they would for the actors in TAF or TZ if they remade those games.

Ok. You guys know more than CGC and PPS.

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Maybe you could enlighten us and show us the exact wording that states they can make *any* game they want from the entire B/W library without any additional licensing. I would have thought that it's fairly common knowledge that that's not how it works. Farsight couldn't do it with their virtual recreations. Hell, the original manufacturers of these machines couldn't even make more machines after their associated licenses expired. Could Stern just go ahead and run more Tron without renewing the license with Disney? Of course not.

There have been plenty of us on this thread including the owner of PPS explaining otherwise. I give up.

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

What about new/different toppers? Or a LE plaque?
Those are just two examples of new things that will need a new/updated license.

Correct. That is what caused the issue with MBr, The topper. I am not sure about the numbered plaque.

3 months later
#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

DeepRoot will probably deliver first!

I highly doubt that. Deeproot may not deliver anything.

#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

At this point it's a draw , how long ago was the last game supposed to be released?

CGC have delivered 3 games and upgrades. CGC have proved they can deliver, Deeproot are full of talk.. No games... Just arrogance and broken promises so far. I am sure there is a game coming from CGC soon that you will be able to play at an arcade or buy. I cannot say the same about DR.

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

And because CGC has delivered on 3 games and talks about timely releases of others, is the reason for the skepticism. It's the element of time that is fanning the flames of doubt here.

There are no broken promises from CGC. No flames of doubt just a few people that are impatient.

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Kind of an interesting trademark registration from 2019. [quoted image]

Thank you very much for sharing. This could start a new rumor mill!

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wasn't it when Stern switched to a new playfield supplier about the time they started experiencing playfield issues? I have both a Tron and Ironman from the 2010-2013 make timeframe and both playfields are still in excellent condition. No dimples or anything.

Yes. In early 2016 Stern started using a different playfield manufacturer. This is when Stern started having plenty of playfield issues.

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yep, CGC makes a beautiful playfield. My MBr is gorgeous.

Agree. Our GCG playfields are beautiful.

3 months later
#1386 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

No one on here is going to argue that prices are going up and getting crazy right now (because they definitely are). But just because someone lists a game at a "don't want to sell unless you give me crazy money" price I'm not sure we can really call that market or decide that 1,000 people would like up to CGC and buy one.
I have a WTB post up for Addams Family. I'm waiting for the flood of hundreds of people reaching out since everyone says there are plenty of these games to be had and CGC doesn't need to make any more.

If CGC remade TAF, I think it would be a huge hit and they would sell boatloads of them. We have a nice original and would buy a remake as well.

1 month later
#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

At this point I'm wondering who'll be first, Chicago Gaming or Deeproot.

You cannot compare the two.

Deeproot have been completely full of shit and broken promises and produced a giant donut.

CGC have produced 3 remakes.

2 weeks later
#1647 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I just held off on buying Halloween in the useless hope of hearing something from CGC bloody sooon !

I think you may see something at the end of this month!

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

we've heard that before....
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"82056b3e12a13aa05d024a84c4824ee6fa9c0d9e-1625893255-1800"};
//]]>

Not from me!

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I'd say Chicago gaming is about done.

No chance.

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have a loaner Twilight Zone here. It's a good game but it's not 3 times as good as the Judge Dredd that's sitting next to it. I wouldn't buy one i don't think.

Chances are if you like TAF you will like TZ. Give TZ a good go while you have it there. JD is a very good under rated game.

Chances are PPS and CGC will not make any wide body games. This has been said many times so enjoy the BW wide bodies while you have them.

#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah i've enjoyed having it here, but moved it from up the front. The only machine i've ever made wizard mode on and got there in 2 weeks. Never played Addams family.

I wish CGC would remake TAF, we would buy one straight away. We have an original and love it. We are about to do a full resto on it as I do not hold out much hope for a TAF remake.

#1711 2 years ago

Just keep an eye out for when CGC are going to make some more and order through Wayne @ Mr Pinball.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

A lot of posts about nothing, we must be getting close to an announcement. Yeah right!

Check out the Deep Root thread.. Plenty of pages of nothing there!

#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

No, because that game is a festering pile of stinking dog shit. LOL. It’s boring.

There are no shit pinball machines, only shit people.

A guy keeps posting that on facebook every time someone puts shit on a game. I love it!

1 week later
#1993 2 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

release 2 games at the same time ,,, strange marketing strategy

Spooky nailed it. Why not?

#1996 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Rule sets are supposedly identical on the two Spooky's, so basically they released one 'game' with two different art packages and asset sets. No idea...but guessing this only took ~20% extra man hours at most vs one game. With this approach, they were probably moreso broadening the appeal of the game rather than competing with themself.
For CGC, I don't see any upside to releasing two completely different games simultaneously. How would they not be competing against themselves? ... Unless there's so much pent up demand that they want to take advantage of a hot market before it cools.

I have no idea what will happen either. It is dedinitely fun watching all the new games coming out.

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

end of month is coming up.....

Lets see what happens... and I certainly hope so.

I think I am wrong on this one.

#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I forgot where I read, but someone said the spoke to someone at CGC and it could be 1-2 months....however we've heard that for a bit. I would rather they take their time to get it right, but man I love seeing new news

Pinside rumor is October release! Hopefully that info is good.

3 weeks later
#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I do not see any compatibility between 1999 hardware and 2021 hardware, I highly doubt any new code or software enhancements can or will be pushed into an original.
That is why CCC users require an additional pc.[quoted image][quoted image]

There is just a lot of wishful thinking from people that own originals.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Yeah, I was curious about that too? Why have it on the screen if they have no intentions of making that one?

378 made already, this version not to be made again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 209.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.