4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#532 4 years ago

You can add me to the "Wouldn't even consider it" crowd.

I am excited about a possible CCr - but BBBr would be a very easy pass for me.

#555 4 years ago

I wonder what games WON’T be remade?

I’d guess

TZ - cost/license/wide body/ and not especially rare

IJ - see TZ

TAF - I believe Planetary Pinball pretty much said it wouldn’t happen since some license holders are not interested in remaking machines/products with out-of-date IP

Shadow - license/aftermarket cost

ST:TNG - see Shadow

Congo - see Shadow

And so on

3 weeks later
#685 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

From a value and sales standpoint IJ makes the most sense....great examples of that game for $9K + LE versions of that game would sell out quick

I think the license would be near impossible. I’d be shocked if Disney would approve any release that completely ignores the 4th film. The other issue is the music... the Indy theme song has multiple holders (including... I believe Sony). I think IJ and TZ are probably the two that have most hurdles.

1 month later
#751 4 years ago

I think IJ, is by far, the least likely option for a remake. Maybe it is not true, but I heard that they were never able to get the "real" Harrison Ford for the backglass so that they were required to use a look-alike. That is no longer allowed - it is similar to the whole Crispin Glover/ Back to the Future lawsuit. Also, the music is tied up across multiple license holders (including Sony)... the game is a widebody so it would inherently be more expensive, and finally, Disney would want the assets from all 4 movies in the game. With all of those things going against it... I think CGC would just aim for something with way less red tape.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually, that kind of thing IS allowed, it just can't be done without the original actor's consent. When I worked on a Mission:Impossible game, we were not allowed to use Tom Cruise's likeness (even though he was peripherally involved in the game), but he did allow us to use a "vague, sort of looks like a generic Tom Cruise-ish" Ethan Hunt.
So, if Harrison Ford said "No, I don't want to be on a pinball machine, but you can use a generic Indiana Jones.", then they could proceed. This is likely what happened with the original machine anyway. Studios are not going to piss-off their prized talent (by using a fake likeness without permission) for a small license opportunity like pinball.

I guess they can give consent to use a likeness. However, if that was the case, why wouldn't they just agree to use a stock photo from the film promos? It usually comes down to money... and the licensee not willing to pony up the $$$.

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from longwetsocks:

That is not true. The backglass for IJ was hand drawn by Doug Watson. He was heavily influenced by the original Raiders of the Lost Ark & Last Crusade posters drawn by Richard Amsel and Drew Struzan. Every instance of Indy on the playfield and backglass had to be approved by both the licensor and Harrison Ford, just like Arnold had to approve T2. If you look at the IJ backglass, pretty much every "scene" was lifted from an existing Indy movie poster in some way, shape or form.

I stand corrected! It was a rumor that gained some traction. Thank you for the clarification!

You seem to have the inside scoop! I do stand by the rest of the reasons why it would be tough to get this thing approved for licensing.

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Wouldn't Monster Bash also fall under the licensing issues? Maybe things are easier for a remake?

I think that it was an easier nut to crack. Universal was probably pretty happy to have someone interested in the license. They still use those likenesses at Universal Studios Orlando. Also, I don't think the music has any particular license (but I could be wrong).

The Indy theme music might be the biggest nightmare of them all. I am not sure if Disney even owns the rights to the theme.. they may have to license it themselves from Sony. Again, I could be wrong on this one, but everytime I do a license search for the Indy theme I find that Sone and BMI own the rights.

1 week later
#813 4 years ago

I think you can work backward into finding the likely releases by eliminating choices.

TZ and IJ - both are widebodies and have major licensing issues. Both machines are pretty complex too (although TZ takes the cake).

TAF - I think the licensing issue is a problem here too. I believe it was Planetary Pinball who said that some remakes won't happen because companies want to focus on the newest version of their IP and not interested in reissuing prior versions (this could be true for IJ too).

STTNG - Widebody.... license...and is there really any interest?

Shadow/Congo/BSD/WW/FishTales/WorldCup Soccer/ NGG/ JD and other titles down the Top 100 list - I doubt most of these would support the NIB price. Maybe The Shadow, but it is licensed, relatively complex, and has a secondary price below Stern pros.

So that leaves
TOTAN
TOM
Scared Stiff (although I suspect they would have licenses issues here too)
CV
WH20
CFTBL
FH
CC

From that list... I would think they would just base it on the secondary market price. Since price is the best indicator of demand.

3 weeks later
#839 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Reading between the lines he is correct in that CGC's first three remakes were the easiest decisions, and came with very little market risk. Any other remakes aside from a few that they probably won't remake (TAF, IJ) come with some level of market risk.

I think you are right. One exception could be CC, but even for that, it might simply be a matter of moving their forecast down. The first 3 were pretty low hanging fruits and they probably assumed that they could sell a few thousand of each. CC might sell half as many, but still, be profitable (other companies limit production at under 1000 and seem to be profitable). We could just be entering a phase with smaller and shorter runs and games like CC, TOTAN, TOM, Wh20 and others are released with forecasts to sell 1000 units. Just a guess.

1 month later
#863 3 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

Just ordered star wars comic pro
Couldnt wait anymore after buying 3 x LE chicago games
whatever is released is now one less sale for chicago even though I love their games - budget was for 1 pin this year and Stern took my money!

I am losing patience too... if the reviews for TMNT come back positive that may get our money.

2 months later
#892 3 years ago

I wonder if there is a chance for WH2O?

#893 3 years ago

Although, at this point... regardless of theme I might be out. If Stern Really is releasing Avengers with Elwin on design that will get my money.

I have been holding out for CGC new game all year (I nearly bought a TMNT), but I don’t think I can pass on the new Elwin.

1 month later
#970 3 years ago

The space I had saved for the next CGC just went to a new Avengers LE. I nearly pulled the trigger on TMNT.... but I held out.

1 week later
#993 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have an opportunity to buy my former HEP Addams Family back, but if I buy it back and they remake TAF I'll be . A $6k NIB Classic Edition would suit me just fine and cost a way less. Some people doubt PPS can get the license, but Pinball Arcade was able to get it. And what better pin for them to remake? Seems risky to bet against them remaking it.
What do you guys think?

Ohhhhhh.... they are totally going to remake it In other news, I guess I'd be willing to take the the HEP TAF off their hands at a slightly discounted rate

8 months later
#1619 2 years ago

I am guessing someone is merging with someone else. It makes a lot of sense…

Wouldn’t be surprised to see CGC and Spooky combined. Allows for shared resources and increases their capacity.

1 week later
#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Champion’s Pub? I haven’t seen that suggestion yet for a remake.

CP is a fun game, but it is more of a game and less of a pin. I love ours, but it is more of a novelty game. We play it for a change of pace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.