4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyclan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1048 3 years ago

Does anyone have rumors to throw out there? I'm dreaming of a CGC Christmas.

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

With the people they have hired and moves they made. I suspect they will get to two games a year. Not all remakes.
LTG : )

But I only have space for 4 machines!!

1 week later
#1111 3 years ago

Is this a clue? Do you know the game? Tell me it's not No Good Gofers !!!!!!!!

1 month later
#1161 3 years ago

Kind of an interesting trademark registration from 2019.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This has been brought up before...

I searched first and couldn’t find it...

CBS is very sophisticated and isn’t going to shotgun file marks. DR has some wacky marks registered that I would expect from a startup feeling itself out. Same for JJP. But CBS? Layers and layers of bureaucracy and decisions to overcome? It’s a done deal in my book.

The outstanding item would be Sterling and his likeness. They could pull a Shadow and have a look alike that would pass for us without offending his ghost.

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Hard to imagine CGC would make that title when there's so many already on the market.

The biggest knock against a TZr is that there are so many productions of the original. 100% agree.

Quoted from Time:

Do you think a remake would be less than 9k? It won't be. More like 10-11.5k would be my guess of a new Twilight Zone. But also, you can get a used players TZ for under 7 easily too.

Can we even compare used to a CCG remake? The two seem totally unrelated. You know a TZr would be stuffed with GI effects, updated toys, HD display, etc. What if there is an arcade version for $6K? There's totally a market for both in my mind.

Do we even think it would be CCG making a TZr? Could this go to AP or JJP?

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CGC makes it's own cabinets and playfields.
Just point that out. I don't think we'll ever see any wide body games from them.
LTG : )

I'm totally ignorant about cab construction, but is the widebody difference that much of a consideration? I get that any change in manufacturing has a ripple effect on the process which just means more costs. But the playfield is the only other component I can think of that is truly widebody as well. And a lockdown bar. This stuff is so fascinating. We get to play a working piece of art and design--to be so lucky!

1 week later
#1226 3 years ago

Whatever releases, I think it's going to be great. We're in an Endless Pinball Summer right now. Alien. GNR. Wonka. The list goes on. CGC doesn't want to drop something that's going to be objectively awesome but unable to place medal above the current roster.

BBB and TZ are the two ones I see as knockout sellers. I just don't know whether another Lawlor design is going to climb the charts, and I love the feelz of his work, but variety is the spice of life.

4 months later
#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

No way IJ will be remade.

Yet we'll still get another pathetic IJ sequel movie.

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If CGC is some kind of "failure", I want ALL my NIB purchases from here on in to be built by a failed pinball manufacturer. CGC is a top quality build, they do it right, my MBrLE has not had one single thing go wrong with it in the 2 years and 2500+ plays since I owned it. Playfield has some dimples but they are no worse than all the other brands, and no major moon craters. They are diversified and build cabinets and gaming equipment for more than just Pinball. Not going to lie, not a fan of their next CC remake, but I am positive it will sell out if it gets the standard CGC remake treatment. And their new title should be a great build, and hopefully a fun and entertaining theme.

Can I say you're dead on? I completely agree. My MBr is a warhorse compared to my JJP WW. I don't care what CGC makes because it's taking Wonka's spot in my tiny game room. Never another JJP.

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I can answer that. My Hobbit is a beautiful, epic game. My GnR has peeling art around a lot of posts is half coded and is of course epic.
JJP will do nothing about it but send you a bag of washers to cover it up. It's my thoughts that the damage will spread from out under the washers too.
People are putting in support tickets about broken issues on magnets and spotlights there machines and JJP has simply stopped responding to any support tickets besides sending bags of washers by all reports.
I believe i've read that the company changed hands recently.
I'm in the same boat, they'd have to win me back with examples of customer service and standing by their product for me to ever buy a nib JJP game again.

This above is everything I've experienced + more, FarFromHeaven26 . The cabinet rails were dented out of the box in the weirdest way possible. You couldn't tell from the outside (obviously). What was weird is they weren't at the head's resting spot. Others had this experience on Wonka if you look at the golden ticket owners thread. Good times.

I did the code update and had the Wonkavator VUX meltdown. Turns out it was a bad transistor on the board. Lovely start to a game with <50 plays on it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/158#post-6170041

Pooling. My god the pooling. Everything is now sitting on a PETG washer. I don't particularly care about the aesthetics, but it's pretty annoying to have to tear down the PF to fix a problem that shouldn't be a problem. Plus JJP are being less than helpful on this whol matter. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/26#post-6357303

Displays have gone to crap. I have a fix for them by putting in a new driver board. But I don't care because Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (CE) is going on the market when the next CGC comes out, even if it's MMr again. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-can-we-talk-about-replacement-lcds

No, I'm not a CGC sales rep. These are the facts. Drag honestly because Wonka plays great, but I just feel like I'm driving some European sports car that is going to break down every 1,000 miles.

#1630 2 years ago

I still say next game is TZ. Otherwise, CBS is paying an attorney to then pay extension fees on the allowed trademark. CBS will continue to pay extension fees until they can show TZ being used in commerce, i.e. being sold. No way to reconcile this info with a TZ not coming out. Whether it's CGC and whether it's before the heat death of the universe are the only two variables.

As of July 1st, 2021....

1 week later
#1688 2 years ago

It's still TZ.

#1691 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

TZ would be so cool - oh great pinball gods, let it be TZ!

I don't know how it can't be when CBS extended its trademark filing on July 1st for TZ. Just for the hell of it? I don't see any other outcome.

CGC silent + CBS trademarking + "oh big deal coming" + aging Lawlor (massive respect here!!) = TZ

#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

CBS has a new Twilight Zone series on its streaming service. What makes you think it has anything to do with Pinball?
PS - I would buy a TZr in a heartbeat... but that one seems unlikely to me.
Also - Trademark extensions cost next to nothing. Why wouldn't they extend it?

this trademark filing isn't for TV. It's for pinball games, exclusively. it provides no protection outside of that specific use. (see below)

Quoted from punkin:

Sometimes people buy things just so other people can't have them.
Pretty common in business and i have done it with domains.

nope. can't do that with trademarks. it's impossible to "warehouse" them like you could domains or twitter handles. It has to be bona fide use in commerce to qualify for registration. CBS is too sophisticated, especially on IP, to do something like that randomly. https://www.cohnlg.com/trademark-use-in-commerce-heres-how-it-works/

It's TZ. It's happening. But let's put ourselves in CGC's position.

1. We want to make a rad machine
2. We think it should be TZ or CCr.
3. MBr didn't sell great, or as great as MMr.
4. Let's do TZ.
5. Call CBS because PPS says they don't 100% of rights.
6. CBS says we own it all but will license the IP, including the trademark.
7. CBS realizes they have no TZ trademark, for PINBALL USE, to license, so they file at or near same time as deal signed with CGC.
8. Sign deal.
9. Start to make TZ.
10. We are delayed by covid.
11. CBS says okay, we can't finish the trademark until it sells. We'll extend our submission to the USPTO. Send us over a picture when it launches and we can formalize the registration with the USPTO.

(You are here in the timeline.)

12. CGC continues building.
13. CGC releases TZ.
14. CBS files the evidence of use to the USPTO and finalizes the trademark.
15. Big profit for CGC and pin community.

I might be wrong, but again, I ask how do you reconcile the trademark filing, and especially the extension?

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

peak pinball purchasing power is (based off rough observations on pinside, correlated general with financial data) the ages 40-60. (upper middle-class+ people have more fun money in their 40s, and after 60 more people downsize as the kids leave)
The number of people that grew up with a 1993 pinball machine and have that nostalgia rush is going to really diminish for people born 1985+ (unless they got really lucky with local arcades).
It's 2021, and people born 1981 turn 40 this year, so that's the last major period of the peak window coming upon us.
In 2031, the number of 40 year olds with nostalgia for 90s Bally Williams titles will be seriously diminished. Not evaporated, there will still be 50 and 60 year olds into them with their nostalgia, but we're talking about the shrinking of peak markets.
In the last 7 years CGC has re-released 3 incredible titles. In the next decade, they'll release 4, maybe 5 more remakes?
And to loop back to my original post, by 2031 the economics might be such that the market for NIB remakes is to the point where it isn't worth it for them to continue making more.
I'd love to be wrong, but this seems pretty basic. Who knows, maybe pinball will double in popularity by then and the "nostalgia window" will be a far more moot point? But I doubt it.

100% agree! I'm 41 and am absolutely on the last wave of pinball interest. I get roasted in other threads when I dare suggest a pinball theme not be a rockband from the 70s-80s because we need to find young people to get interested in the art. The arcade bars aren't doing us any favors by catering to hipsters in their 20s who just look at pinball as a retro gag but nothing worth getting into as a hobby. So the only market-staying power is going to come from genX who just isn't as strong as the baby boomers (not using as a slight!) with purchase power + interest.

All that said, i think pins are a great place to keep money if only as a hedge to inflation. If you have cash lying around, buy some NIBs and stick them in the corner of your garage. Better than war bonds.

1 week later
#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

Nail on the head post, 41 pages off threads are all irrelevant and I’ve read every post. these 3 game’s without doubt should be remade. Anything more than that is a bonus.
No more PTC clown bullshit or EOL or what ever that is. b/w classics are what true pinball is about

It's still TZ. Why are we talking about this any longer?

#2124 2 years ago

It's still TZ.

2 weeks later
#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

There was a Pinball Arcade version a few years back, which claimed to have finished the code. Quite a fun distraction...but very much a kids game. I personally prefer Sergio Leone western's, more gritty and hard-core, and matched with Ennio Morricone's epic score....a pinball dream theme for me. And one I hope to start building very soon (virtually of course).

Any Eastwood flick would blow my mind. Fistful of Dollars is automatic purchase. I like the Spooky Halloween (Blood Sucker Edition) but it's a little weird having a murder-themed pin in the living room.

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

But I guess you don’t have to have a murder themed pinball machine in your living room. You can always pass…. To each his own.

I didn't know that.

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Spoke with Doug Duba a couple of weeks ago and he said they plan to do another MMr Standard run in a year or so. He said the demand seems really strong for MMr. I didn't post on that until now but since it is out there, and I'd love to see that happen, figured I'd put my support for that in here. Sounds more like a year or two, but that is still fine. Maybe they will decide to do a castle or dragon edition!

Did he say they'd do a special edition as well with the HD LCD and "cooler" speakers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyclan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4?tu=happyclan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.