4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 5 years ago

Apparently there is a market for Seawitch remake ; )

They could do Funhouse, Whirlwind - Fishtales - errr

What other DMD era games are really that Amazeballs. Lets get crazy with it. Cactus Canyon with some tweaks is interesting but...

#117 5 years ago

Theater of Magic would be okay -

10 months later
#255 4 years ago

TAF? 14k made. Why there are tons and tons of these machines in the wild. While some think it's a no brainer it would
have to be like Monster Bash and AFM better than original in every way. That of course would blow up
Pinside forums with I don't like it the tech just feels new. Playfield is to bright and dimples to easily.
Not an impossible game to find with repro playfield.

TOM - 6000 of them made. Probably 3000-4000 still clanking away. Not impossible to find

TOTAN - 3100 ish made. Harder title to find still not impossible Gameplay has been said to
be lacking by many who own it. Though in a offshore foreign market it would do well.

CV - 2700 iish made - This one seems to be a bit harder to find a decent working one.
There are alot of things going on and it seems to appeal to large audiences. Was the
free table on The Pinball Arcade which is somewhat responsible for pinball resurgence.
I would be sorely tempted for sure.

CC - 900 ish made. - Hard to find at a reasonable cost. Yet without CC Continued is this
even worth it? Some cool features but rinse repeat

BBB - 14 made.- Not everyone can afford to get this title. I've never played one. Not sure it would
roll of the line.

My money would be on CV, TOM or TOTAN. There is just enough of a market of people left who
don't have the patience or time to wait out those titles. BBB is a title I can't comment on as I've
never played nor have a desire to chase as it looks slightly dated. CC seems like it would do okay
but I'm not running out the door to get one of these without the CC continued code or similar updates.
Did they say they might do TAF or not. That might sell some units with all the enhancements and
reliability may improve it would be the first big license theme they'd have to do and possibly a PITA.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Without a doubt the game that demands the most money (if its restored or in incredible shape) is IJ....TOTAN, TOM, TAF, WW would all be good choices, but IJ would easily sell out of CGC's LE allotment ....

IJ - williams Indiana Jones - is that even an option?

#274 4 years ago

Did they say where and if an announcement on game 4 is coming.

At this point I'd be safe to say they have several built out prototypes and cost analysis on the games they have already mentioned.
Really dig the board used on Monster Bash remake - Has room for an upper Right Flipper on it. Why might they put that there?

4 weeks later
#345 4 years ago

Anyone get any hints this Pinball Expo Season on what #4 is going to be. I'm starting to think it may be Cirqus V..

2 weeks later
#462 4 years ago

Who thinks they'll reveal at Texas Pinball ?

1 week later
#470 4 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire or TOM.

2 months later
#584 4 years ago

Still think Circus Voltaire would beat out Cactus Canyon in Remake.

I hope it's CV as I miss mine immensely - not sure I can justify a CC
I would consider Twilight Zone if that was even a reality.

Just not into BB

Think non DMD era pins might be a boom. Especially if you could beat the Stern Home Edition price for the simpler design games. Should be relatively easy to sell games with less complexity and high desire. Also seems you could do multiple runs or boutique runs of games if you could come up with a good industrial design.

Just some re-imaging how one might engineer a system 6-11 board that is user maintainable leveraging less wire harness. Could speed up production where you could do Small batch runs of Fathoms, SeWitch, Ebd, Stars, Meteor, mystic and games people are scrambling to find. Some of the drop targets and such could be reimagined to be cost effective or just use same old design and put some machinist to work .

1 week later
#669 4 years ago

Medieval Madness Upgrades coming real soon. Super stoked by this upgrade as I've had my game MMr awhile and
love to give the old gal some upgrades.
If the next one is Cactus Canyon do you think it would sell like the previous titles? Well they can
take all the time they like. To many titles to choose from ATM and next game is going to have to be
pretty amazing as competition is getting bigger.

2 weeks later
#690 4 years ago

What was the original promised game list.

Medieval Madness
Attack From Mars
Monster Bash
... Cactus Canyon
Cirqus Voltaire
Theater of Magic
Big Bang Bar
and TOTAN

So.. One from that list.. God I can't even remember where I saw that list originally.

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

A remake of Doctor Who with new Franchi art and sound package, I would love to see that. A lot of mechanicals for sure and an opportunity for a new Dalek topper!

Don't think anything like that would happen. BBC really over values its licenses.

4 weeks later
#724 4 years ago

Trade shows and events have always seemed to be when folks see new releases. Seeing it for yourself and hearing about it from friends that went has seemed to keep things going at a steady pace for years. Have there been any games that have not followed this pattern?

So what is CGC Remake #4? Cactus Canyon. or ?

I for one am all about polishing up the games I currently have and adding the new Medieval Madness Mods.. Hoping they still coming out next two months.

2 weeks later
#818 4 years ago

Can't wait for the Topper and Larger display for MM..

Could it be that next one is...TAF.. I doubt it.
Odds 70% CC or 30%TOTAN

2 months later
#870 3 years ago

Any news on the MMR royal upgrade? Things seemed to be clicking until Covid hit and nows its crickets.

1 year later
#1744 2 years ago

What would be more expensive TZ or Adam's Family.
Hell I thought Monster Bash would of beat out TZ in expense factor.
At this point I think PP could take any of the System 11 / WPC era games and modularize them
where you could simply swap out PF's and update a SD card code and boom money making empire.

Make the process so damn easy to swap out a PF, update the code via wireless and monitor your machines
via Wireless Cell network. Big problems solved for operators and home owners. New era pinball. Reduce
the space that it takes to manage multiple tables and reduce the shipping cost of new games. If I could just
own a base cabinet systems and just swap playfields out without carting the cabinets around and still have
that classic pinball feel big win. Just don't do it like Multimorphic. There has to be a way.

#1747 2 years ago

They are going to have to do something 'cont' or slightly different to lure me into CC. Though I love shooting random drop targets in Hurry up and hell that Steam engine always made my day.

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Does anyone know if they plan to make more MMs or AFMs? Guessing no one knows, but I’m curious. Would love to buy a classic edition of either title.

Those titles are better than original in my opinion. I'm actually regretting selling my MonsterBaseh LE lately but only have so much room at home.
AFMRLE and MMR Royal Edition are here to stay. Love the hell out of both.. Going to keep them until I am physically unable to play pinball.

#1751 2 years ago

There is a Virtual Pinball TZ release? I've heard some murmor of PinballFx

#1810 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

peak pinball purchasing power is (based off rough observations on pinside, correlated general with financial data) the ages 40-60. (upper middle-class+ people have more fun money in their 40s, and after 60 more people downsize as the kids leave)
The number of people that grew up with a 1993 pinball machine and have that nostalgia rush is going to really diminish for people born 1985+ (unless they got really lucky with local arcades).
It's 2021, and people born 1981 turn 40 this year, so that's the last major period of the peak window coming upon us.
In 2031, the number of 40 year olds with nostalgia for 90s Bally Williams titles will be seriously diminished. Not evaporated, there will still be 50 and 60 year olds into them with their nostalgia, but we're talking about the shrinking of peak markets.
In the last 7 years CGC has re-released 3 incredible titles. In the next decade, they'll release 4, maybe 5 more remakes?
And to loop back to my original post, by 2031 the economics might be such that the market for NIB remakes is to the point where it isn't worth it for them to continue making more.
I'd love to be wrong, but this seems pretty basic. Who knows, maybe pinball will double in popularity by then and the "nostalgia window" will be a far more moot point? But I doubt it.

I think you will see more remakes boom from Haggis and CGC soon. Think they are ironing out Supply Chain issues

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4?tu=TechnicalSteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.