4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 48.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

BBBR with better audio, speaker lights, mirror blades, shaker motor, and a huge interactive tube dancer topper ?
Probably more than a few.
LTG : )

It sounds like you know exactly what a BBBr would look like.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

And the winner is !!! BBBR

Unless it's PTCre

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unless it's PTCre

I heard Punchy is coming after BBBr

#354 4 years ago

you should start thinking about #5 as this is now in development ...

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

you should start thinking about #5 as this is now in development ...

Should we consider the second coming of MMr as the 4th game? Or is that a completely separate title?

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

MMR is Remake #1

Please announce CC before Texas so we can focus on game #5

#359 4 years ago

Cactus Canyon? Really? I’m definitely out. Will probably never see TAFr but one can hope!

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Please announce CC before Texas so we can focus on game #5

Please skip CCr altogether and move on to BBBr

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I heard Punchy is coming after BBBr

And Mario Mushroom World.

#362 4 years ago

So many top machines other than CC that really should be done over this - Im curious to hear the announcement

#363 4 years ago

Remake #6 will be IJr. It will easily sell like MMR has. IMHO.

#364 4 years ago

I'm still hoping for PTCr. Fred Young isn't getting any younger, and he could still add voices to it.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Please skip CCr altogether and move on to BBBr

I have been told it Won't happen. At least not by CGC. If it gets remade it would be done by the company that has the Capcom license. Pinball Inc.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’d love to have an Indiana Jones the pinball adventure remake with updated lighting and animations

I'm with you Coz, better than everything on the list.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

If it gets remade it would be done by the company that has the Capcom license. Pinball Inc.

I thought PPS has it ?

#368 4 years ago

I can debate this with Ryan but I was told at Expo by a Chicago Gaming employee that game #4 was Cactus Canyon and would be announced at Texas. Obviously it wasn't Ryan who made this comment.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Obviously it wasn't Ryan who made this comment.

Or me.

#370 4 years ago

So Planetary and CGC may step out with something new and original.

Well that would be very cool.

The skill and experience is within the company/s. I am looking forward to next as always.

Keep on raising the bar CGC you are doing very nice.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought PPS has it ?

Not according to Pinball Inc. According to them (found this out at Expo by them) they (own the W/B licenses) and are leasing the W/B licenses to PPS. They retained (all use of) the Capcom licenses and are in process of recreating King Pin. They are using the portion of the Licenses for W/B for the manufacture of parts. They also have authorized the use of the parts portion (of the licenses) to other entities. I purchased a few things from them at the show. Their web site is still a work in progress and it is coming along nicely. I consider this info as good news for all of the W/B lovers out there. More parts better availability
and recreation of the legendary games we want.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Cactus Canyon? Really? I’m definitely out. Will probably never see TAFr but one can hope!

Why anyone would want TAFr is beyond me
So many of them and a lot are just gorgeous. Would be a complete waste.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The reason there is so many of them is because it was a very popular game. Still is. Plenty would jump at chance to buy a brand new one with extra features for same money as a decent original and not have to deal with 27 year old game issues. I wouldn't call CC a popular game. I no doubt think CGC would have a far easier time selling TAF than CC.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The reason there is so many of them is because it was a very popular game. Still is. Plenty would jump at chance to buy a brand new one with extra features for same money as a decent original and not have to deal with 27 year old game issues. I wouldn't call CC a popular game. I no doubt think CGC would have a far easier time selling TAF than CC.

I get it's popular but I look at these remake at opps for rare and ultra expensive games to be experienced by the masses.

CGC isn't changing code and TAF already has a topper. I rather CGC not waste their time with such an easily accessible game with TONs of nice ones available.

#375 4 years ago

I think TAFr would sell really well. Even people that aren’t really into pinball remember that game. Not saying those people would start buying games, but maybe start seeing more on route.

#376 4 years ago

I said it before, There gonna throw a curveball and surprise everyone!!!

CGC builds incredible games and each
Game gets better !

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I get it's popular but I look at these remake at opps for rare and ultra expensive games to be experienced by the masses.
CGC isn't changing code and TAF already has a topper. I rather CGC not waste their time with such an easily accessible game with TONs of nice ones available.

I see the remakes as an opportunity to easily buy a game that's on your wish list. Finding games has always been the least favorite part of the hobby for me. I just want a game in my house without all the headaches and lost hours. If TAF was on my wish list, it sure would be nice to be able to pick up the phone and have one delivered to my home. Everything works, no surprises, no broken parts, no hacked wiring, etc. Push start and play. I really don't care about any of the rare games. Nice to get a chance to play them but no desire whatsoever to own one. Give me the classics that made B/W king in the 90's that are still routed and loved today.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

At the end of the day CGC is in business to make money. If selling an ultra rare game to Pinside folks makes more money than selling an ultra popular upgraded new game to a wider audience I’m sure they will do it. But let’s be honest - will route operators want the rarest games remade or the most popular games? Would an average bar person (non pinside account holders) want to play TAFr or a rare game like BBB? I suspect TAF but truthfully I don’t know and I realize my opinion is skewed.

I do believe there are more takers in sales for TAFr than CCr. The inventory out there exists because it is a more popular game and it sold better back in the day. Stands to reason it would route better.

Sometimes games are really rare because they weren’t popular among the masses. Not a business model for CGC to pursue. Again not saying that CC falls under that but I am saying remaking a popular game may be more profitable.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Not according to Pinball Inc. According to them (found this out at Expo by them) they (own the W/B licenses) and are leasing the W/B licenses to PPS. They retained (all use of) the Capcom licenses and are in process of recreating King Pin. They are using the portion of the Licenses for W/B for the manufacture of parts. They also have authorized the use of the parts portion (of the licenses) to other entities. I purchased a few things from them at the show. Their web site is still a work in progress and it is coming along nicely. I consider this info as good news for all of the W/B lovers out there. More parts better availability
and recreation of the legendary games we want.

That's not true at all ... PPS are the (ONLY) licensee of Williams Electronics Games, Inc ... note also that Capcom had an arrangement with Williams as well which I will not go into. There is a reason that BBB was coded by WMS for production ...

So you must have heard things incorrectly ...

PPS Rights Letter - SGI-WEG.pdfPPS Rights Letter - SGI-WEG.pdf
#380 4 years ago

Nope, I relayed the info just as I got it. Straight from Pinball Inc. He told us the whole story from the sale of all of the licenses to now. I did not ad or fabricate anything. Maybe you need to give Pinball Inc a call then. I bought genuine Williams parts from them at Expo.

#381 4 years ago

That they acquire from us as a reseller ... we have a good working relationship with James, so I can only attribute to misunderstanding of what was communicated ... we work on a number of projects and will continue to do so ... we don't really need to 'call' anybody.

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

really?! Most of the TAFs I come across are total bin jobs, none of them play consistently.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

really?! Most of the TAFs I come across are total bin jobs, none of them play consistently.

US is full of them

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

US is full of them

on location?

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That they acquire from us as a reseller ... we have a good working relationship with James, so I can only attribute to misunderstanding of what was communicated ... we work on a number of projects and will continue to do so ... we don't really need to 'call' anybody.

All Good! Thats not how he describes the relationship. I didnt mention his name. He is building King Pin. I played it and chatted with him.

#386 4 years ago

I've owned 5 TAF's (3 reg's and 2 golds) and I would absolutely buy a TAFR. It's the pin that got me into pinball as a teen (after a '76 Far Out that was in my house growing up). That being said, I am also going to buy the CCR as well. Not much else that I would be interested in except for possibly replacing the IJ that I sold out from under my wife (her favorite game) because it didn't really do much for me.

#387 4 years ago

Game number 5 from CGC is supposedly not a remake, rumored to be a new design that is a licensed IP with Franchi art.....

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I didnt mention his name.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Not according to Pinball Inc.

You kind of did. He is Pinball Inc.

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've owned 5 TAF's (3 reg's and 2 golds) and I would absolutely buy a TAFR. It's the pin that got me into pinball as a teen (after a '76 Far Out that was in my house growing up). That being said, I am also going to buy the CCR as well. Not much else that I would be interested in except for possibly replacing the IJ that I sold out from under my wife (her favorite game) because it didn't really do much for me.

Also have a nice TAF that I would sell just to buy a NIB one. XL display, synced shaker motor, upgraded sound and lighting.
It's been mentioned many times by myself and others. There are a whole new breed of hobbyists out there that just want to call a distro and get a NIB game delivered to their door. Don't see why that's so hard to understand.

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

ou kind of did. He is Pinball Inc.

His company yes his name no. I was going to keep his name out of it. There is definitely something strange going on here. Why would he tell me These things if they weren't true. There was a whole lot more he disclosed that I am not mentioning here. There were other people there as well and I will leave it to them to come forward or to remain anonymous. I am going to just let this go now. There is obviously some dirty little secret that is not supposed to revealed on an open forum.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

There is obviously some dirty little secret that is not supposed to revealed on an open forum.

Let’s just keep it between us then....go on...

#392 4 years ago

What amazes the hell out of me is how this info hasn't leaked out but yet our own government leaks like a sieve?!

I hope it's an original title and it sucks. Man I can't afford to buy anymore lol

And is it just me or does CGC games hold their value better than the others?

#393 4 years ago

Can’t imagine buying all that excited about anything but the 3 that were already released. All downhill from here. Would love to see CGC work with new licenses for new titles.

#394 4 years ago

I'd be happy with ToTAN, CCC, or other classics, but I'd be blown away if they do BBBr or possibly collaborate with Pinball Brothers and do Alien Remake.

#395 4 years ago

Totanr and CCr all day everyday to be honest they just keep hitting homerun after homerun. Keep up the great job!

#396 4 years ago

IJR would demand the most $ and sales numbers (maybe MMR royal numbers) if they could secure the license.

#397 4 years ago

I have an Addams Gold with a few hundred plays and if a remake was to be made I will take an LE today !
I get asked all time if my Addams is for sale? Regardless what others might think
I feel it would sell just fine !

#398 4 years ago

TAF and IJ would cost too much in licensing. Remake Funhouse. Licensing would be easy and cheap! No need for fancy color display and still WPC. Win, win!

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

TAF and IJ would cost too much in licensing. Remake Funhouse. Licensing would be easy and cheap! No need for fancy color display and still WPC. Win, win!

Do you honestly think funhouse would sell enough to make it worth their while?

#400 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

TAF and IJ would cost too much in licensing.

How do you know this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/8?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.