4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 48.
#301 4 years ago

@ arcademojo

I like both, but having owned a Pinbot previously - I'd take a brand new one for sure !

#302 4 years ago

I thought it is supposed to be a cactus canyon?

#303 4 years ago

Probably a good chance it will be Cactus Canyon.

Some guys just throwing out ideas of what they would like to see. Pinbot could be a winner if CGC ever considered it and could do it. Tough to find a really extra nice one. A remake would be the catsasss....

#304 4 years ago

If it is Cactus Canyon is there any hope that the CC Continued software will be included out of the box? I'm all for the remakes but I wish there was new / expanded code for them. A setting to switch between original and new code would be great.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Cactus Canyon with revamped code. Not CCC code, is my guess.
If true, this is what can really can take things next level. Popular theme, great layout and more complete, modernized code? Who’d want an original?

Someone who would want Continued. Continued Code is still being improved. The latest version is awesome and I can't imagine CGC coming up with something better. (although it would be cool to see) There are things that CCC/Proc can do that anything CGC comes up with won't be able to. Continued has thousands of sounds from many different games. The flipper sounds are amazing! Party Mode,Cowboys and Aliens, lots of reasons to want an original.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Someone who would want Continued. Continued Code is still being improved. The latest version is awesome and I can't imagine CGC coming up with something better. (although it would be cool to see) There are things that CCC/Proc can do that anything CGC comes up with won't be able to. Continued has thousands of sounds from many different games. The flipper sounds are amazing! Party Mode,Cowboys and Aliens, lots of reasons to want an original.

Yeah I heard it was enhanced. If you thing about it, if they enhance the code on classic pins to make up for the shortcomings, who'd want the classic pin? That's a real win.

#307 4 years ago

BBBR

#308 4 years ago

I wouldnt be opposed to BBB or totan either.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah I heard it was enhanced. If you thing about it, if they enhance the code on classic pins to make up for the shortcomings, who'd want the classic pin? That's a real win.

Yeah I get that. I think a lot of people were hoping for code enhancement on MBr but it didn't happen. It was explained to me like this: Going in to an old code and changing things is very cumbersome and leads to a lot of issues. It is better to start over than to tamper with what has already been done. This is what I hear they found with CC code. Maybe That is why we haven't seen CCr yet. Since and if they have started over for CCr than maybe we will see things like interactive video modes, Saloon Doors, New Gunfight Modes heck maybe even a "Drawable" gun! One can only dream....

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Maybe even a "Drawable" gun! One can only dream....

If this is your main wish then you should consider getting an Etch A Sketch.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

If this is your main wish then you should consider getting an Etch A Sketch.

Chuckle... Ok man whatever...

#312 4 years ago

I have never played CC nor CCC. One thing that I've consistently heard is the code for both are woefully uninspiring. A few arguments to be made are:
1.) Rare doesnt mean fun
2.) Rare also means people haven't played it and is a crap shoot if they'll sell well. Keep in mind this opinion is also coming from a person that will not buy a game until I flip it.

I think any other (A) list game is also a wise move. No offense meant to those asking for a (B) or (C) list title, but with plenty of em stil out there and they dont sell for much as it is and trying to sell a new machine at (for arguments sake) 2.5 x's the cost of an original would be the kiss of death. Currently they sell (A) list titles around the same selling price as used originals. If they stray from that line of thinking (unless original title) I would almost bet severe failure would occur. My .02

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I have never played CC nor CCC. One thing that I've consistently heard is the code for both are woefully uninspiring. A few arguments to be made are:
1.) Rare doesnt mean fun
2.) Rare also means people haven't played it and is a crap shoot if they'll sell well. Keep in mind this opinion is also coming from a person that will not buy a game until I flip it.
I think any other (A) list game is also a wise move. No offense meant to those asking for a (B) or (C) list title, but with plenty of em stil out there and they dont sell for much as it is and trying to sell a new machine at (for arguments sake) 2.5 x's the cost of an original would be the kiss of death. Currently they sell (A) list titles around the same selling price as used originals. If they stray from that line of thinking (unless original title) I would almost bet severe failure would occur. My .02

Completely agree and it would be a big risk if CGC went in this direction....I get why collectors want CC or BBB, but I highly doubt those titles would sell as good as the better known titles. Just my two cents, but I'm really hoping for IJ, WW or AF...

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Completely agree and it would be a big risk if CGC went in this direction....I get why collectors want CC or BBB, but I highly doubt those titles would sell as good as the better known titles. Just my two cents, but I'm really hoping for IJ, WW or AF...

IJ and TAF would be great for sure and I would be on the list, but with the small margins, license would require a minimum of sales to be profitable. Too many pin companies go under so margin and expense is really important.
That’s also why i doubt there will any code update (even if i hope there will). Too much work to rewrite the code ... Old code is written on chipset with limited memory. i would guess everything should be started over so it would be a big deal.
Dmd LCD animations are done by a tier contracts skills guys but the original code is the same on MB and AFM.

#315 4 years ago

Only 459 people on pinside have CC on their wishlist. Even less for BBB at 240. Would more people be interested if they had a chance to play these rare games? I don't think so. IMO, most of the appeal is connected to the rarity which will vanish if remade. Classics such as IJ, TAF, FH, TOM, TZ, as well as past remakes all have over 1000 pinsiders wanting one.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Only 459 people on pinside have CC on their wishlist. Even less for BBB at 240. Would more people be interested if they had a chance to play these rare games? I don't think so. IMO, most of the appeal is connected to the rarity which will vanish if remade. Classics such as IJ, TAF, FH, TOM, TZ, as well as past remakes all have over 1000 pinsiders wanting one.

From a sales/market stand point its clearly less risky to make one of the games on your list....CC would probably sell better than BBB....I suspect they need to sell a 1500+ games in order for it to make any business sense, and most of these need to sell for $8K+. No way they would sell that many BBB's.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Only 459 people on pinside have CC on their wishlist.

I would have it on mine if it didn’t cost 12k

Scratch that, it’s on there now.

#318 4 years ago

I just have a feeling there gonna throw a curve ball into the mix ? Especially when King pin is trying to be built
Why not build both of them at the same time ?

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Only 459 people on pinside have CC on their wishlist. Even less for BBB at 240.

Quoted from PtownPin:

CC would probably sell better than BBB. No way they would sell that many BBBs.

It's settled then. CGC shouldn't bother remaking BBB. They should stick to the top WMS titles.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Ditto, I don't have it on my wishlist, because at the current price it's just way out of my league. I really enjoy the layout and theme. If it were reproduced with better code it would be near the top of my wishlist.

#321 4 years ago

We humans do like patterns and CGC’s last three remakes were Williams, Bally, Williams. So I am guessing a Bally is next. But I really have no idea what’s next. But TOM is my bet.

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

We humans do like patterns and CGC’s last three remakes were Williams, Bally, Williams. So I am guessing a Bally is next. But I really have no idea what’s next. But TOM is my bet.

We certainly like patterns! The pattern is no wide body, no game CGC think will not sell well, in Pinside top 10 BW order.

My bet is Totan, TOM or outside chance, TAF.

#323 4 years ago

There is no clear, obvious choice for game #4.

Personally I’d love to see them do TAF or TZ. Closest thing to another clear and obvious choice, like games 1-3 were.

#324 4 years ago

I've had two Cactus Canyons. Sold the second one only because of the remake rumors. If the CC remake is anything remotely as good as the first three remakes then it'll sell very well.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I get that. It's more of a thing with BBB where they are more rare and trade for even higher numbers. I like most people never even seen one in person. I just wonder how many people would actually buy these games if they were remade with similar pricing as AFM and MB. More specifically, would guys sell MBr, MMr, AFMr, or some other newish game to make room for CCr or BBBr? I have limited space and no way I would sell one of my games for CC or BBB. I wouldn't mind seeing them get remade, though. I would certainly play them on location. I just don't get skipping huge classics that everyone wants for rare games that less people want in general.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I just wonder how many people would actually buy these games

BBBR with better audio, speaker lights, mirror blades, shaker motor, and a huge interactive tube dancer topper ?

Probably more than a few.

LTG : )

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

BBBR with better audio, speaker lights, mirror blades, shaker motor, and a huge interactive tube dancer topper ?

I would buy TZr if they did that. No way I'd buy a BBBr or CCr, however.

They have already done most of the titles outside of TZ and IJ that would be big sellers and remakes. They will never get the license to redo IJ... not sure about TZ.

If they really want to take the next step and sell, they need to hire some experienced designer(s) and software developers and make their own pins. If they can maintain the quality they've shown on remakes with their own titles and innovation, they could really start cutting into Stern's business... and this hobby would be the better for it.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are there really that many childless unmarried pinball players?

I have a hard time seeing a pinball game with a naked gogo girl with a spike rammed up her crotch going into peoples homes and establishments 2019.
But maybe i´m abit uptight?

What do i know, maybe it will sit just perfect right next to a toy-story pin?

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

If they really want to take the next step and sell, they need to hire some experienced designer(s) and software developers and make their own pins. If they can maintain the quality they've shown on remakes with their own titles and innovation, they could really start cutting into Stern's business... and this hobby would be the better for it.

If they really want to take of, i think they need to revamp the titles made. Lcd integration, deeper rulesets etc.

Games like TOM, TOTAN, IJ etc are great pins, but could be totally awesome with more complex code, lcd integration and even assets if possible..

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It would take a lot more than speaker lights and mirror blades to interest me that's for sure. I don't get the impression gameplay is top-notch but really can't say since I never played one. Maybe I am wrong and this would outsell the other classic B/W remakes. That would most definitely surprise me, though.

#331 4 years ago

BBB is a fun game. But no where near in the level with the other remakes. It gets a lot of attention because of the rarity. Not that great of a game. IMO. I wouldn’t pay 4000 for it let alone 7 or 8 for a remake. People shell out 20K because they are rare.

#332 4 years ago

I realize that with only 903 examples out there, CC is on the rare side and perhaps not everyone has played it, and if they have played it, perhaps they were turned off by the shallow code (excellent CCC code withstanding). However, if you look at the playfield it's got some pretty cool things going on. It's got 3 ramps (the right ramp is largely hidden by the shooter lane exit skill shot bowl), it's got the moving train toy and the Bart bash toy with flying hat, and it's got a Scared Stiff/Elvira House of Horrors leaper style beer mug that's fun to hit and send flying. The mine entrance raises and lowers blocking the entrance to the mine like a bash toy when down. It's also got inlane posts that hold your ball for quick draw and gun fight modes that involve the individually controlled 4 Bad Guy drop targets. There's also the previously mentioned shooter lane exit bowl skill shot that's pretty unique and offers awards that change based on ball rotation count. That's a lot of stuff packed in there that might be hidden to the casual observer that hasn't spent a lot of time with CC.

In addition to the above playfield toys and features, the prototype CC design had swinging saloon doors in front of the Bart bash toy that I believe were held shut until you bashed them, then they opened allowing a clean shot at Bart. Perhaps they'll add some form of these saloon doors back in, but even if they don't, there's quite a bit of meat on the playfield bone in CC.

If CGC manages to flesh out and "finish" the code in an appealing way, I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised at how good of a game CC could be, even if that fleshed out CGC code falls short of the amazingly in depth CCC code. Fingers crossed anyways.

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

. . . maybe it will sit just perfect right next to a toy-story pin?

I'll put it at the opposite end of the row from Toy Story, problem solved

#334 4 years ago

I know that when we went to the PHOF and played it, CC really connected well with my wife and I. It is one of the few games that she herself (unprompted) said we should buy. Since I sold her previous favorite (IJ) out from under her, I definitely owe her one. Plus we're from AZ, what's better then a wild west themed pin with cacti all over it....

Not too worried about shallow code (although deeper would be just fine), I probably play less that 100 games across all my pins in total in a year anyway.

#335 4 years ago

BBBr2 might sell 1k games and it should look normal sitting next to a EATPM, SS, WBJM or 3E and sound tame compared to FGY, Sopranos or RZ. Some people object to the theme of BBB but that is what attracts me. True I have no kids, but if I did I wouldn’t have a problem with any pinball machine made to date being in my house.

Ok there was 1 custom penthouse game made that I’d consider owning, but it would be hidden away in the closet and away from kids and small pets. Given the choice of all games mentioned above, I’d buy BBBr2. What about you? The game I want to be made is TOTANr and I would love it with a big screen and maybe more rules.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Not too worried about shallow code (although deeper would be just fine), I probably play less that 100 games across all my pins in total in a year anyway.

Shoot! That's about 50 more than me! lol

#337 4 years ago

I've owned BBB and CCC (and CC). The choice here wouldn't be hard (for me). BBB is twice the game CCC is. It is, simply put, a blast to play and is NOT "rare for a reason." BBBr would sell in droves. CCr? Without "continued", but "enhanced"? NFW. I'd rather have a CCC.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I wouldnt be opposed to BBB or totan either.

Totan! I would love for this one, it was the first game that got me into pinball. Very fun to play

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Shoot! That's about 50 more than me! lol

LoL yea, I probably exaggerated a little high as well with my numbers.... Call it "rounding up".

Not sure exactly what that means about me personally regarding pinball but I have no interest in selling them or not being in the hobby. I like knowing that they are there if/when I want to play them and they sure look pretty sitting there.

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

LoL yea, I probably exaggerated a little high as well with my numbers.... Call it "rounding up".
Not sure exactly what that means about me personally regarding pinball but I have no interest in selling them or not being in the hobby. I like knowing that they are there if/when I want to play them and they sure look pretty sitting there.

Are we twins? lol

#341 4 years ago

Next announcement will be MMr LE with topper and new display for sure.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Are there really that many childless unmarried pinball players?
I have a hard time seeing a pinball game with a naked gogo girl with a spike rammed up her crotch going into peoples homes and establishments 2019.
But maybe i´m abit uptight?
What do i know, maybe it will sit just perfect right next to a toy-story pin?

maybe they can make a male stripper version for those that prefer the sauseege.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

maybe they can make a male stripper version for those that prefer the sauseege.

Haha

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Are we twins? lol

Well I suppose that depends on what episode of Downton Abbey that you are currently binging lol

2 weeks later
#345 4 years ago

Anyone get any hints this Pinball Expo Season on what #4 is going to be. I'm starting to think it may be Cirqus V..

#346 4 years ago

Why are you starting to think that?

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone get any hints this Pinball Expo Season on what #4 is going to be. I'm starting to think it may be Cirqus V..

#347 4 years ago

Seems n.o.4 is a rerun of n.o.1

#348 4 years ago

I hope it is. It's a great game. Rather buy that than Tom or cc.

#349 4 years ago

It’s Cactus Canyon

#350 4 years ago

And the winner is !!! BBBR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 209.00
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/7?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.