4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 48.
#151 5 years ago

I'm gonna guess Cirqus Voltaire.

#152 5 years ago

Each game is getting new core features (like the Large Color display in AFMR) that will be incorporated into future releases, and game #3 will have additional features as well.

What were the new core features in MBr that will be incorporated into future releases? Was there anything noticeable? Or maybe it was just more subtle technology / platform updates.

I'm skeptical of CC being next. Why would they choose something that requires substantial software updates when easier choices are available? I don't even think they've shown they have the ability to do that kind of work. There were a lot of rumors MBr would have code updates, but that didn't happen.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

What were the new core features in MBr that will be incorporated into future releases? Was there anything noticeable? Or maybe it was just more subtle technology / platform updates.
I'm skeptical of CC being next. Why would they choose something that requires substantial software updates when easier choices are available? I don't even think they've shown they have the ability to do that kind of work. There were a lot of rumors MBr would have code updates, but that didn't happen.

Color display, I believe there was also some minor tweaking done to the light show code (e.g. frank’s Spotlight doesn’t appear to turn on until The table starts to lower)

#154 5 years ago

RGB GI on MBR fancy editions, no?

#155 5 years ago

I just can’t see the logic of CC over anything else on their proposed list of remakes. This just doesn’t make sense to me if they don’t do anything to the code, as changes to code bases on previous remakes has shown them to be minor, cosmetic, and specific and usually don’t alter the OG code base that much except the dots. If we get CC and not some CC+ or any CCC type enhancements, CGC is banking solely on rarity to sell this pin. As a player who has flipped more CC than I like to remember or admit, this machine has never gave me the adrenaline rush like some of it’s contemporary counterparts, i.e. B/W pins of the 90’s or just about any other pin on their remake list. If it is enhanced during CGC’s treatment to be above the ruleset of the current CC code, and is more than just a dot-lift like the first three, I am now interested in #4, but just a dot-lifted CC?, I will pass. Might order one, play it and sell it after I get credit towards the next “numbers matched” remake #5 just to keep my fanboy status up at CGC. I will even pay shipping.

#156 5 years ago

BBB color display , LCD screen Topper could be crazy
With girls dancing!

#157 5 years ago

Word is CV, but time will tell

#158 5 years ago

I'm hoping they sneak their own game in next. Not a remake.

LTG : )

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm hoping they sneak their own game in next. Not a remake.

I'm hoping they do both. Remaking all the B/W A titles and start producing their own games.
I'll take a NIB TOM, TAF and SS any day.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Color display, I believe there was also some minor tweaking done to the light show code (e.g. frank’s Spotlight doesn’t appear to turn on until The table starts to lower)

Large color display was already in AFMr, so that's not a new one. Minor game-specific tweaks don't seem to fall into new core features that will be carried over into future releases either. But I guess there might be core platform improvements behind it.

Quoted from epthegeek:

RGB GI on MBR fancy editions, no?

That was the one I was wondering about too, couldn't remember if AFMr already had that.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Large color display was already in AFMr, so that's not a new one. Minor game-specific tweaks don't seem to fall into new core features that will be carried over into future releases either. But I guess there might be core platform improvements behind it.

That was the one I was wondering about too, couldn't remember if AFMr already had that.

Agreed. Kinda seemed like BS to me. They may have core code changes for themselves in order to maintain the games easier - but thats not player-facing stuff

#162 5 years ago

CC is most likely next and they can get code finished. MB code was compete, update would have been nice but not necessary. Should not be a huge deal just like the home code update for CV.

Was CV even on the list? I can't see how they will fit a larger display under the backglass. That looks like one pain in the butt.

CC just seems like the logical choice since it fits in with MM, AFM and MB as one of the most sought after games. Most people have never had the chance to own one.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Should not be a huge deal just like the home code update for CV.

HaHa. Update Williams code. That's a big problem.

CV home code was done by Cameron back when. Don't know if he could have done it today.

Williams doesn't like people messing in their sandbox.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Update Williams code.

Don't get me wrong. I would like to see some Williams games get more code. Like TOM.

We've just never seen it possible. Williams is protective of their code.

#165 5 years ago

Hunch is if CC is done or other game is blessed with new code, it'll be completely from scratch code and the original BW code will be discarded altogether. Expect this to add to cost of product. But in case of CC, for one, would really be worth it.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Hunch is if CC is done or other game is blessed with new code, it'll be completely from scratch code and the original BW code will be discarded altogether. Expect this to add to cost of product. But in case of CC, for one, would really be worth it.

Rewrite a code in freewpc is a ton of work. It used to be done by skilled people who knows their tools by heart and use graphical soft which are not, I think, even available today.
It was several months job. Also, it was really limited in memory.

For the same work today, from scratch, it should take at least several weeks to mess with the code to get some skills, months to provide something and other months to fix problems and provide update.

If you compare this cost with changing the display and get new dmd animation in 256 x 64, i might be wrong but’s a lot cheaper and stable way to go for customers.

#167 5 years ago

CGC’s business model is to capitalize on existing IP to build a company that can churn out games as fast as Stern. They are using these holy grail titles to build customer loyalty and experience for their workforce. Hopefully they are banking a bunch of money from their lowered overhead on IP assets that they will be able to expand their operation and start producing original machines. Since the catalog of grail shaped games is still pretty high, I don’t expect this business model to change much for now. That being said, CC is a miss in my book without code completion/augmentation. I think a grail shaped original unlicenced title from B/W or BBB is going to be next, and it is unfortunate CC falls into that mold, because of the nonlicensed titles available, it was the least amount of fun imo.

I am still team TAF... but TOM’s backglass is hard to stop looking at for some reason.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

CGC’s business model is to capitalize on existing IP to build a company that can churn out games as fast as Stern. They are using these holy grail titles to build customer loyalty and experience for their workforce. Hopefully they are banking a bunch of money from their lowered overhead on IP assets that they will be able to expand their operation and start producing original machines. Since the catalog of grail shaped games is still pretty high, I don’t expect this business model to change much for now. That being said, CC is a miss in my book without code completion/augmentation. I think a grail shaped original unlicenced title from B/W or BBB is going to be next, and it is unfortunate CC falls into that mold, because of the nonlicensed titles available, it was the least amount of fun imo.
I am still team TAF... but TOM’s backglass is hard to stop looking at for some reason.

BBB would be great: Limited run and it should be a great success.
CC as it is is not deep enough.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

CC is most likely next and they can get code finished. MB code was compete, update would have been nice but not necessary. Should not be a huge deal just like the home code update for CV.
Was CV even on the list? I can't see how they will fit a larger display under the backglass. That looks like one pain in the butt.
CC just seems like the logical choice since it fits in with MM, AFM and MB as one of the most sought after games. Most people have never had the chance to own one.

Yea cv wld be more difficult , due to differences in cab, speaker panel, backglass and the display wld be tough due to space issues

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

CC as it is is not deep enough

If they just bring out CC with no completion it won't go well. The machine has to be completed to be a success IMHO. The rumor was that you will be able to play the original code and an enhanced completed version. They need to at least install the saloon doors and ad Bionic Bart. Continued has the BB mode as a series of called shots to load your rifle to shoot BB. It is very cool because those called shots increase in number and complexity. Of course one of the best Continued modes is Cowboys and Aliens! Very challenging with all of the AFM call outs and videos. Aliens popping up to shoot and saucer destruction videos!
This mode would be awesome with the super large display. Unfortunately Continued will not be an option on this one.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

If they just bring out CC with no completion it won't go well. The machine has to be completed to be a success IMHO. The rumor was that you will be able to play the original code and an enhanced completed version. They need to at least install the saloon doors and ad Bionic Bart. Continued has the BB mode as a series of called shots to load your rifle to shoot BB. It is very cool because those called shots increase in number and complexity. Of course one of the best Continued modes is Cowboys and Aliens! Very challenging with all of the AFM call outs and videos. Aliens popping up to shoot and saucer destruction videos!
This mode would be awesome with the super large display. Unfortunately Continued will not be an option on this one.

Saloon doors were removed in prototype phase because of cost and feel useless by the design team. I doubt it would come back but who knows.
Yes BB was planned but never implemented unfortunatlly.

#172 5 years ago

I've also heard Cirqus Voltaire from some pretty good sources will be the next remake from CGC. I'd be ok with that! It's a beautiful pinball machine.

#173 5 years ago

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread. The real question is when do you all think the next game will be revealed? Side note, I played CC in Las Vegas at the museum and after about 10 games, I had experienced it and moved on. This will not be a keeper in lost collections. Never played the extended code but I can’t imagine it being crazy amounts better. My 2 cents.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I've also heard Cirqus Voltaire from some pretty good sources will be the next remake from CGC. I'd be ok with that! It's a beautiful pinball machine.

That’s a title I might consider too

#175 5 years ago

if they did do a TAF, you think they might put the better locking mechanism for the playfield when pulled out?

#176 5 years ago

I would expect CGC to give us a quality locking mechanism... I have waited 5 solid months (and still waiting on my day 1 ordered non matched MBrLE) for it to be anything short of “perfect”. Now if my MBrLE gets here, and is top quality, and perfect, then, yeah, expect nothing less. Currently, however, the delays on MB have tarnished their delivery expectations in my mind. The quality is there, from the prototypes I have played, but their execution and delivery have been less than stellar. Customer satsfaction is high on their priorities, and they respond to minor technical issues quickly, but you can’t claim to give 100% satisfaction if you can’t get the machines out the door. I was “promised”, “assured”, or “generaly made to think” that my machine would be delivered, on the outside, by January and yet March marches on... My apologies for letting my displeasure seep into this thread, but I went with CGC and MBrLE because I thought they had a good record of delivering machines now that they had 2 under their belt. Obviously three’s a charm did not apply with Monster Bash.

#177 5 years ago

If they do CV, (to me) that means they had major issues with the coding of CC. Just Sayin

#178 5 years ago

CV poses a challenge given the unique placement of DMD. They would have to relocate it to the backbox to have a larger screen on a remake.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

CV poses a challenge given the placement of DMD. I imagine they have to move it to fit the larger screen on a remake.

No where to move it to tho bc of the backbox design... i don't believe cv will be remade ... and if it is it will be years from now. To many eaiser titles to do first

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No where to move it to tho bc of the backbox design... i don't believe cv will be remade ... and if it is it will be years from now. To many eaiser titles to do first

Agree, but I’d love access to new neon tubes.
Then again, that feature would probably be changed as well.

#181 5 years ago

I’d likely be in on a CV, TOM, or TOTAN. CC only if they finish / enhance the code. I’m also really interested in an original title, as long as it has plenty Willams/Bally magic, exciting callouts, interesting toys, appealing/vibrant art package.

Did WB have designs in progress during/after CC that are available to PPS/CGC that have never been revealed? That would be a nice start, an original title with some of that WB DNA.

#182 5 years ago

Could CGC do a standard CC and wink-wink leave room for the owner to install CCC? I don’t know what that would entail, but certainly the updated ROM could be placed on the sd card.

#183 5 years ago

Nope CCC is a pc based program

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I’d likely be in on a CV, TOM, or TOTAN. CC only if they finish / enhance the code. I’m also really interested in an original title, as long as it has plenty Willams/Bally magic, exciting callouts, interesting toys, appealing/vibrant art package.
Did WB have designs in progress during/after CC that are available to PPS/CGC that have never been revealed? That would be a nice start, an original title with some of that WB DNA.

This one is not a secret, but would be high on my list:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-wizard-blocks

#185 5 years ago

I like the western theme so CC for me. If they do nothing to the code, I would balk. TOAN or IJ if they are on the list.

#186 5 years ago

If it’s really going to be CV I’m in trouble. CV is a must have for me but no space for an additional pin. I hope they make CC next leaving me some time to figure out the space problem...

#187 5 years ago

CV, TOM or TAF would make me open my wallet. I've owned them all in the past and loved them and I would look forward to what CGC could do with remakes of them all (especially the sound on TAF).

CC, TOTAN or BBB would be a big "Meh" for me. I've played those machines quite a bit and they just don't do it for me. YMMV.

#188 5 years ago

So, when do you think we hear an announcement? TPF ?

#189 5 years ago

So with the crazy rumors, should we add Alien to the poll? I’d buy a nib alien from cgc.

#190 5 years ago

The recent rash of TOM for sale might be a sign....!

#191 5 years ago

I'm hoping for TBL

#192 5 years ago

Or possibly CFTBL? Game is very simply made (similar to AFM) from a mechanical standpoint with not much going on. They have the universal monsters license(MBr)-and the game wasn’t massively produced. Also every one I’ve seen seems to be going for 5-6k+ with cab wear and play field wear among other issues(no thanks).. Although I’d buy one new at 5-6k!

#193 5 years ago

I understand game #4 will be an original theme.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You “understand”? This confuses me- Did someone like, give you hand gestures, or an eye roll, or pantomimed something you had to try and translate into a meaningful thought, or was it more a “nod’s as good as a wink to a blind man, eh?” moment?

I am pulling you leg, a little, because I think you might be actually onto something that I felt recently talking with Ryan from CGC too. The vibe I was picking up was a “winter is coming and they cant wait to tell us” enthusiam when I said I hoped the next title from them was not CCr but an original title.

So, please, with sugar on top, spill your “understanding” guts already! We want the dead body (or bodies) of your source or it never happened.

#195 5 years ago

This was stated on a podcast that I had listened to 2 or 3 weeks ago. I believe I had even read this from a Pinball Magazine email update, if my memory has not been infected with battery damage.

#196 5 years ago

This still does not mean there will not be a remake #4, just will not be game #4.

#197 5 years ago

This was stated on a podcast that I had listened to 2 or 3 weeks ago. I believe I had even read this from a Pinball Magazine email update, if my memory has not been infected with battery damage.

lol Thank you for clearing that up. I think.

1 month later
#198 4 years ago

Any new news? It’s been silent for 48 days...

#199 4 years ago

Remakes are better than originals. I will be getting a MBr soon.

#200 4 years ago

Vote for TAF - guaranteed sell out. I would gladly pony up money to lock a spot. Yes, I know how many were made but people aren't flipping this game often and if they do it's an over priced hammered mess or an above average player also over priced.
Making CC - yawnfest
BBB - all novelty no real substance
CV - cool game - kind of fun but the "novelties" aka ring master and ball get annoying.

Shameless thread bump!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,800 (Firm)
$ 9.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/4?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.