4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 48.
#2301 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

WTF?!? Is this just speculation or did they actually say that?!

Info I got from a friend who was there. Going today, so I will try to track them down and ask.

#2302 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Wait… the slide says 378 new royal editions to be made and then another batch of special and standard editions? Or did they mean this are the amount of royals made before (and no new ones).

Is the slide show available online somewhere?

#2303 2 years ago

I was told by the Sales Director at CGC in May that they have no plans to make MMr in the near future. He cited the number of games they've produced since it was released and that they have other things coming up and feel they've made enough.

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I was told by the Sales Director at CGC in May that they have no plans to make MMr in the near future. He cited the number of games they've produced since it was released and that they have other things coming up and feel they've made enough.

Spoke with Doug Duba a couple of weeks ago and he said they plan to do another MMr Standard run in a year or so. He said the demand seems really strong for MMr. I didn't post on that until now but since it is out there, and I'd love to see that happen, figured I'd put my support for that in here. Sounds more like a year or two, but that is still fine. Maybe they will decide to do a castle or dragon edition!

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Spoke with Doug Duba a couple of weeks ago and he said they plan to do another MMr Standard run in a year or so. He said the demand seems really strong for MMr. I didn't post on that until now but since it is out there, and I'd love to see that happen, figured I'd put my support for that in here. Sounds more like a year or two, but that is still fine. Maybe they will decide to do a castle or dragon edition!

Well obviously this is all old news. Slide date was 2009.

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Did he say they'd do a special edition as well with the HD LCD and "cooler" speakers?

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Did he say they'd do a special edition as well with the HD LCD and "cooler" speakers?

I think that’s on the table but not higher than special. Also mentioned they have parts for another run of toppers.

#2308 2 years ago

any more AFM? I think AFM is better than MM. just my opinion

#2309 2 years ago

Quoted from dts:

They really should. I told him there's still a lot of demand for MMr.

#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Ryan is an awesome guy but I’d put more weight on Doug as he owns the company.

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Ryan is an awesome guy but I’d put more weight on Doug as he owns the company.

Thats valid, but I bet jt's not a difference of who said what, but when it was said. My conversation with Ryan was months ago.

#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well obviously this is all old news. Slide date was 2009.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"32586e6dd32a780bff32d6eec392ed453671ab15-1629568757-1800"};
//]]>

What a bummer

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'll never get why they full stop production inbetween titles

Set up the assembly line again. Get all the parts sourced to build your games. Make some sample games to be sure things are right. Hire and train assembly line people.

And a year and a half ago lets through in Covid and raw material and parts shortages.

A huge company like a car manufacturer might have an easier time to keep things rolling. Small companies that build pinball machines don't have that luxury.

I would imagine CGC is doing the best they can. Besides planning and getting ready for the future so they can do more.

LTG : )

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Set up the assembly line again. Get all the parts sourced to build your games. Make some sample games to be sure things are right. Hire and train assembly line people.
And a year and a half ago lets through in Covid and raw material and parts shortages.
A huge company like a car manufacturer might have an easier time to keep things rolling. Small companies that build pinball machines don't have that luxury.
I would imagine CGC is doing the best they can. Besides planning and getting ready for the future so they can do more.

So are they making MM again? Are they only doing Classic Editions or SE’s as well? I really want an SE

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So are they making MM again? Are they only doing Classic Editions or SE’s as well? I really want an SE

Since reports are 2023, no idea what the plans are or for what versions.

#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since reports are 2023, no idea what the plans are or for what versions.

Lloyd,
If you get CGC to run Big Bang Bar, I promise I will come visit you this football season when I land in Mini-soda!

Jim

#2317 2 years ago

I hope one day CGC remakes TAF

#2318 2 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Lloyd,
If you get CGC to run Big Bang Bar, I promise I will come visit you this football season when I land in Mini-soda!

Jim

What do I need two of them here for ?

Sorry, I have no idea or their plans for BBB at this point. And since I'm not at CGC bugging them everyday, I don't think they'd listen to me anyway.

#2319 2 years ago

So what was the big news that was supposedly going to drop along with the CCr announcement? Was it just that they have 5 more games in the pipeline? I was expecting something a little more earth shattering.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

So what was the big news that was supposedly going to drop along with the CCr announcement? Was it just that they have 5 more games in the pipeline? I was expecting something a little more earth shattering.

CGC going to OCTO manufacturing.

What?

Too soon?

Well at least I’d believe Doug and crew.

#2321 2 years ago

Yeah i have the same takeaway. CGC’s big announcement is a slide of CC with their logo and no machine, no licensing, and we all knew this news in advance of the show? And then look over here, more MMr’s to be made

159F9431-0890-402F-8716-3AA54FD83DBE.gif159F9431-0890-402F-8716-3AA54FD83DBE.gif
#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

What I can tell you is that Ryan of CGC - matter of factly stated yesterday in front of a room full of people there would be more MMr units made....

He was not explicit with timing or the versions other than saying NO more Royal Editions. I took that to mean other versions would be made. ...

The chart showing CCr versions and number was for HISTORICAL context only - as Ryans presentation was reviewing what CGC had done and then talked about where they were headed — with the CCr announcement, 5 pinball projects in work , new pinball Operating System, increased production output capability and additional development staff. Sounds pretty significant to me but dismiss it as nothing if you so desire

He explained that they had been trickling out a few remake units per month until Covid hit and it was a double whammy - demand jumped to 4x what they planned AND they couldn’t get parts due to supply chain AND factory was shutdown due to illinois Covid rules with people forced to work from home only

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Wait… the slide says 378 new royal editions to be made and then another batch of special and standard editions? Or did they mean this are the amount of royals made before (and no new ones).

Yeah, I was curious about that too? Why have it on the screen if they have no intentions of making that one?

#2324 2 years ago

All in all… I‘m happy.

If I don‘t have the money for a MMR in 2023 I don‘t deserve to get one.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Yeah, I was curious about that too? Why have it on the screen if they have no intentions of making that one?

378 made already, this version not to be made again.

#2326 2 years ago

Comprehension is hard.

#2327 2 years ago

Since I have a bit of trouble finding keys in the dark... I got this:

Screenshot_20210821-153442 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210821-153442 (resized).png

Robert

#2328 2 years ago

Buddy took his standard and made it Royal.
I’m sure others will too.
I like the original look but improved dots are cool.
Glad they are making more of them.

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

with the CCr announcement, 5 pinball projects in work , new pinball Operating System, increased production output capability and additional development staff. Sounds pretty significant to me but dismiss it as nothing if you so desire

Didn't Deeproot promise this and more ?
CGC makes solid products and has been around for years...
Hoping they achieve their goals but until they are built and ready to ship and hopefully under a 3-4 year gap between games will be happy to support them ..
Congratulations and hope for a successful future in the pinball market place.
Best topper ever on the MMR !

#2330 2 years ago

Was there any specifics as to release date and who is going to be finishing the games code?

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Was there any specifics as to release date and who is going to be finishing the games code?

No

#2332 2 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

I forgot to mention that more MMr machines will be produced in the near future EXCEPT for the Royal Edition for which NO more will ever be made

great news, the market can always use more Medieval Madnesses. Royal Edition is fancy and whatnot, but every other version is great too

#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

The people who've doubted it was CC for the past 2 years probably still won't believe.

Yep. It has been laughable for over a year. CC was the choice all along, and I applaud this announcement. Despite DISTRIBUTORS knowing and telling their customers for the past six months they knew for a FACT it was CC, we still were regaled by some in denial who attempted unsuccessfully to make preposterous predictions like TZ or TAF. CC was nearly machine #3 before MB was chosen. But all is well in pinball land and kudos for Lloyd for his ongoing confidence in Chicago Gaming!

#2334 2 years ago

This report seems to confirm NEW CODE is imminent for the CCR:

Now the Chicago Gaming Company has been making a name for themselves in pinball circles over the past few years by remaking certain Bally/Midway/Williams classics, including Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, and Monster Bash. They’ve worked with Planetary Pinball Supply & Stern to help produce them, and the quality (from what I’ve seen along with hearing others talk about) has been top-notch. They’ve also created different models, with higher-end models coming with more features like ColorDMD’s and nice toppers.

The Cactus Canyon remake was announced at the Southern Fried Gaming Expo, which just started yesterday. All the info I’ve been able to find about it comes from this post on Pinside; Here are some details curated for you:

Will be produced in three models, just like the other CGC remakes

Uses CGC’s new “Pinball OS”

The consulted with the original CC team to understand the intent and will be offering a complete code

The game will have remake firmware as well as new enhanced code

One of the game programmers is Sam Zehr – whom I believe is the same principle programmer of

Midway’s CarnEvil (aka “Spooky Sam”)

Uses an XLCD display, RGB LED lighting and an interactive topper will be available

Production is already underway, units will likely begin shipping to customers in about 8 weeks (so October)

Pricing hasn’t been announced yet, but I imagine that it will be soon. It’s also unknown at this point whether or not it will use a fan code known as “Cactus Canyon Continued,” which was designed to patch up the areas where the original code was lacking.

#2335 2 years ago

I've only played CC a handful of times, twenty years ago with the old software, didn't really like it, then a few years ago with CCC software, liked it. But...it seems what made CC special was that it was rare, and the end of an era with Williams. I'd have preferred FH, ToTAN, CV, TAF, TZ, IJ, etc, etc. Rare and fun, imo, is BBB. I'm on the list, but have to see what they did with this title. Software is so critical, it may elevate the game quite a bit. But I may wait for the next CGC games, as 4 more are apparently on the table.

1 week later
#2336 2 years ago

PPS is taking names for interest in CCR LE's - we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, as well as have a contractual allocation of games, so if you are on the list you will get a game (so long as CGC builds them of course!). If you are interested - send email to [email protected]

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

PPS is taking names for interest in CCR LE's - we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, as well as have a contractual allocation of games, so if you are on the list you will get a game (so long as CGC builds them of course!). If you are interested - send email to [email protected]

I'm on the list....
I'm really hoping that you'll continue to do serial number matches.

#2338 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I need to hear specifics on how (if at all) the code will be changed/upgraded and any other upgrades in the works. When will that info be released?

#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I need to hear specifics on how (if at all) the code will be changed/upgraded and any other upgrades in the works. When will that info be released?

Most likely once they receive final approval of the game, then all will be revealed. When that will be is anyones guess. CGC stated 4 - 6 weeks just over a week ago. So hopefully before the end of October if not sooner.

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

CGC stated 4 - 6 weeks just over a week ago.

It's actually just over 2 weeks but who's counting?

#2341 2 years ago

What are the chances the games remain at the previous price points?

#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

What are the chances the games remain at the previous price points?

Unfortunately probably zero.

#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Unfortunately probably zero.

Less than 0

#2344 2 years ago

Yea, I kinda thought the same. Just figured I’d ask. Ccr for 6k would be hard for me to pass.

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Yea, I kinda thought the same. Just figured I’d ask. Ccr for 6k would be hard for me to pass.

Unfortunately they won’t have anything close to that because they won’t be making a classic edition. The entry point will be a special edition and I’d buy the price around 7700

#2346 2 years ago

Why wouldn’t there be a classic edition? Did they say that?

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Why wouldn’t there be a classic edition? Did they say that?

Listen to the seminar from SFGE, it is said. No reason why.

#2348 2 years ago

I guess they lost me as a customer on this one then.

#2349 2 years ago

I'd probably have some interest if there is a classic edition.

#2350 2 years ago

I e mailed my regular Connecticut distributor this morning to place a reservation for a CCR Limited Edition (LE) model. The curt answer I received as a buyer of four previous machines from this company completed floored me as it was hugely unexpected.

I was basically told that there is too much "interest" in this title for me to get an LE. I was told I would be "put on a list" for the other models, though I have ZERO interest unless it is an LE.

Does anyone know the most reliable company -the one sure to receive a big allocation- that I might be able to reach to reserve an LE? I'd like to do this as soon as possible.

All of this without the price points even being announced on a title not in the league of "popularity" as the previous three releases is positively mind-boggling to me.

Thank you to anyone with some knowledge on this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Trade
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/47?hl=farfromheaven26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.