4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 48.
#2101 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
I'm excited about what the manufacturers all have out now. And games coming in the future.
The next half year to a year is going to be some exciting times for pinball.
LTG : )

I get it Lloyd, I'm tired of the BS , as many I'm sure , my money i s finding other things. I have renewed a hobby that I love. And funny enough it cost nothing in comparison.
I'll say it , Shit or get off the pot.....

#2102 2 years ago

Theoretically, Christmas has come and gone..................
And we are not sitting at home anymore.......
Jeeezus christ talk about missing a business opportunity...

#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I'll say it , Shit or get off the pot.....

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Chicago Gaming wants to build the best pot they can. And sprinkle in a couple block busting surprises. And build and plan for the future. That takes time. It just can't be rushed off the commode and out the door.

I like many others would like the next pot now. It is what it is though. And I have faith the wait is worth it. I want a shot at the best darn pot on the market.

#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chicago Gaming wants to build the best pot they can. And sprinkle in a couple block busting surprises. And build and plan for the future. That takes time. It just can't be rushed off the commode and out the door.
I like many others would like the next pot now. It is what it is though. And I have faith the wait is worth it. I want a shot at the best darn pot on the market.

Nothing has been rushed ....come on Lloyd, I understand you need or want to promote pinball, but come on....

#2105 2 years ago

"Rushed".

Really ,.no ,.wow......
Sorry guys, LTG.....it is Comical and Gdamn frustrating at the same time .
CgC is really the only co. building complete, quality pins , well they were .....
I dont get it, huge opportunity has past , for 2 , ya , 2 games ,since , 2 at the same time , meh, I hope not . Not smart.

#2106 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Honestly at this point who cares, CCre, ok , I'll think about it now .
It needs to be , OMFG , at this point, losing interst in the hobby as a whole currently...anyone else ?

I wouldn't say I'm losing interest in the hobby, but my excitement for any new release by anyone has definitely waned. If it weren't for Spooky I feel like I would have fallen into a depression. All this time has passed for so many new games to be released, and at a moment when everyone has built up money to spend on machines, and yet nobody but Spooky and Stern has stepped up to the plate.

No hints.
No sneak peeks.
No zoomed in pics of a spot on a playfield for us to guess.
No fun.

It's saddening.

#2107 2 years ago

More engineering goes into a CGC pin. Stern and JJP already have a platform and they design their game around that platform. For A CGC remake they have to take and a game already designed on another platform and and adapt it to their architecture. The game already exists so there are already expectations about how it will function, so it requires extra tweaks to get the same timing and feel. If they showed anything off before it was 100% it would be non stop comments of it’s not the original - it sucks - CGC is done.

#2108 2 years ago

I would be really surprised if two guys going to SFGE don't have some big news. 19-22 more days and we will find out!

Hopefully they have a two pin announcement. It will all allow us to get one or two without/limited the aftermarket price increases....

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

I would be really surprised if two guys going to SFGE don't have some big news.

I have no idea what will be said by Ryan or Butch at SFGE.

I do know they will say they are working hard to build the best games they can. Remakes and independent titles. Ask them what it takes.

And when the independent titles start. You know Butch will be making really great manuals for them.

#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

More engineering goes into a CGC pin. Stern and JJP already have a platform and they design their game around that platform. For A CGC remake they have to take and a game already designed on another platform and and adapt it to their architecture. The game already exists so there are already expectations about how it will function, so it requires extra tweaks to get the same timing and feel. If they showed anything off before it was 100% it would be non stop comments of it’s not the original - it sucks - CGC is done.

I appreciate the viewpoint you gave, but it really wouldn't take much to get me interested.

If it's true what you say, show me a guy at a computer station with a caption that reads "adjusting our next game to work with our platform!" and I'd be interested. It shows me that CGC is working towards getting things done AND I can speculate what game it is by taking arbitrary clues from the room.

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Or you could do something useful.

Quoted from LTG:

Rush???? They’ve pushed this back multiple years. They screwed up. It is what it is. Companies drop the ball and screw up all the time. I don’t know why people feel the need to try and defend them.

#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I don’t know why people feel the need to try and defend them.

Tribalism.

#2113 2 years ago

As was said, there are plenty of other opportunities. Not sure why some think CGC should just meet the timelines they have in their head and getting upset about it. It will be here when it is here. If when it does you find you want it, I'm sure you will figure it out.

#2114 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I appreciate the viewpoint you gave, but it really wouldn't take much to get me interested.
If it's true what you say, show me a guy at a computer station with a caption that reads "adjusting our next game to work with our platform!" and I'd be interested. It shows me that CGC is working towards getting things done AND I can speculate what game it is by taking arbitrary clues from the room.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c6390da0ffe8ae59dc4d161a4f5583bc8f8cf153-1627752068-1800"};
//]]>

Would be nice to even get a quick - making progress or getting close from them

#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I don’t know why people feel the need to try and defend them.

Because they deserve it.

Lloyd

#2116 2 years ago

I have 3 new machines on order. Two Sterns and a Haggis.

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have 3 new machines on order. Two Sterns and a Haggis.

Assuming Haggis Fathom. All three will be nice additions to your collection.

#2118 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Assuming Haggis Fathom. All three will be nice additions to your collection.

Yes mate, a Mermaid. Also an Elvira and Led Zepplin.

#2119 2 years ago

People getting incredibly mad over having to wait a few months more on a re-release of a game that is 23 years old. The world is a funny place.

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes mate, a Mermaid. Also an Elvira and Led Zepplin.

Two out of three ain’t bad. Zeppelin was a disappointment for me. Elvira is freaking amazing. CGC dropped the ball on this one. Going dark for three years on their next pin is not a great marketing strategy in my opinion. Even though pinball is not their main product, there is a lot of competition now and many released games to attract buyers wallets. MBrSE was my first NIB and and I started collecting in 2019.

#2121 2 years ago

My money can stay in the bank till they are ready. I have 25 pins here to play. I don't need gratification.

#2122 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

People getting incredibly mad over having to wait a few months more on a re-release of a game that is 23 years old. The world ia a funny place.

Don't lob factual statements at us like that!

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

People getting incredibly mad over having to wait a few months more on a re-release of a game that is 23 years old. The world ia a funny place.

It’s been three years since their last release and people only have limited amounts of money to spend on a NIB pin. People don’t want to wait forever to see what CGC has planned. Would be nice for people to have an idea so they can plan on buying their next pin or move on. They don’t want to move on and then have CGC finally announce their next pin and then can’t get it because they allocated funds for a different NIB.

#2124 2 years ago

It's still TZ.

#2125 2 years ago

No. No it's not.

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It’s been three years since their last release

The MMR Royal was rolling out a year and a half ago.

#2127 2 years ago

Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpgWhy-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg

#2128 2 years ago

If there are two machines being presented for release (one remake and one CGC new) who would be the lead designer for the new one?

#2129 2 years ago

Two out of three ain’t bad. Zeppelin was a disappointment for me. Elvira is freaking amazing. CGC dropped the ball on this one. Going dark for three years on their next pin is not a great marketing strategy in my opinion. Even though pinball is not their main product, there is a lot of competition now and many released games to attract buyers wallets. MBrSE was my first NIB and and I started collecting in 2019.

While the wait may seem quite long, I wonder if they didn't have an unexpected change in direction after 2020. The reality is though the way things are in the pinball world, there doesn't need to be a bunch of hype. 1 week of hype before sales and boom. No matter how mad people are at the wait, they will still sell like hotcakes once announced....even if there is no gameplay footage. CGC has shown they make quality games.

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wonder if they didn't have an unexpected change in direction after 2020.

Direction was probably in motion. 2020 really screwed things up. And some of the important parts maybe didn't present themselves until late in 2020 or this year.

Like Butch. As good as his manuals are. I doubt anyone thought he'd become available.

#2131 2 years ago

It would be so good to know something sure about CGC:s pins. It is difficult to find a proper, well maintained or a restored pin, so CGC is providing a nice way to get the legendary pins for oneself. However, it would be great to have some roadmap from them - will it just be 7 "big titles" that they will release or will they replicate pins like W2O, CFTBL along the road? What about the licensed ones - will TAF, WMS IJ or TZ see the light of day as their remake? If there would be some knowledge of their plans, it would be much easier to think, what originals pins to procure and for which to wait the remake incarnations.

#2132 2 years ago

then can’t get it because they allocated funds for a different NIB.

That's what I just did!

#2133 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

If there are two machines being presented for release (one remake and one CGC new) who would be the lead designer for the new one?

Rumoured to be Mark Ritchie

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/mark-ritchie

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well this could be some huge news.
Ryan with a microphone will be a lethal weapon. Wait for the mic drop.

Yes! Really looking forward to what he has to say!

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It would be so good to know something sure about CGC:s pins. It is difficult to find a proper, well maintained or a restored pin, so CGC is providing a nice way to get the legendary pins for oneself. However, it would be great to have some roadmap from them - will it just be 7 "big titles" that they will release or will they replicate pins like W2O, CFTBL along the road? What about the licensed ones - will TAF, WMS IJ or TZ see the light of day as their remake? If there would be some knowledge of their plans, it would be much easier to think, what originals pins to procure and for which to wait the remake incarnations.

The roadmap was released by CGC several years ago after AFM re-make was produced in a well-publicized newsletter that can be found on-line. They stated flatly that they would be producing re-makes of the following:

Monster Bash
Cactus Canyon
Big Bang Bar
Theatre of Magic

At the time comments were made by pinballers urging CGC to consider TAF, TOTAN, CV, WW, CFTBL, TZ and IJ. (and recently PTC has been sponsored by at least one distinguished contributor to this site). The person who released the statement, and I can't remember his name off the top of my head, thought TOTAN was an excellent suggestion and even though 20K TAF's were made it is still a big seller.

Since the release of that newsletter, comments, promises from distributors, etc, strongly suggest CACTUS CANYON will be announced next (perhaps soon) and that TOM (I am not myself the biggest fan of that title, but a new one would be beautiful I'm sure) are the two most imminent.

People are entitled to make their own predictions as this place rightly welcomes all views of course.

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

The roadmap was released by CGC several years ago after AFM re-make was produced in a well-publicized newsletter that can be found on-line. They stated flatly that they would be producing re-makes of the following:
Monster Bash
Cactus Canyon
Big Bang Bar
Theatre of Magic
At the time comments were made by pinballers urging CGC to consider TAF, TOTAN, CV, WW, CFTBL, TZ and IJ. (and recently PTC has been sponsored by at least one distinguished contributor to this site). The person who released the statement, and I can't remember his name off the top of my head, thought TOTAN was an excellent suggestion and even though 20K TAF's were made it is still a big seller.
Since the release of that newsletter, comments, promises from distributors, etc, strongly suggest CACTUS CANYON will be announced next (perhaps soon) and that TOM (I am not myself the biggest fan of that title, but a new one would be beautiful I'm sure) are the two most imminent.
People are entitled to make their own predictions as this place rightly welcomes all views of course.

Thanks - I remember. But plans may change. I wish if they changed them, they would give some indication about it some years before they remake e.g. WMS IJ, TZ or TAF

#2137 2 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

The roadmap was released by CGC several years ago after AFM re-make was produced in a well-publicized newsletter that can be found on-line.

This post?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company/page/2#post-4127913

377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
#2139 2 years ago

Cool! Although that could have changed? I thought it was down to 6 remakes total. Maybe at that time they were not planning on having original titles?

#2140 2 years ago

Strange how they did nothing with the code on MB, adding a decent skill shot seems like it would’ve been an easy add to the code.

#2141 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Strange how they did nothing with the code on MB, adding a decent skill shot seems like it would’ve been an easy add to the code.

Unless you aren't allowed to mess with the code on MB.

#2142 2 years ago

Not quite three years, as Monster Bash remake was November 2018. Although it does seem like a lot longer. I think we will be pleasantly surprised...

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unless you aren't allowed to mess with the code on MB.

Good point I was just reading Ricks post above, I don’t know the difference between having access to source code and having permission to alter the code is.

7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Good point I was just reading Ricks post above, I don’t know the difference between having access to source code and having permission to alter the code is.

And as their relationship with Scientific Games goes on. Maybe at some point more can be done. With CGC code, or Williams code ?

The LCD, bigger display, RGB lighting, AFM topper motor. All in the CGC stuff. So it will be interesting to see what evolves on any future remakes.

I assume the sky is the limit on their independent titles.

Great times coming up.

#2145 2 years ago

I really hope CGC will let consumers buy directly from them. Don’t want see distro suddenly jacking up prices for LE or the secret list of who gets the LEs first.

#2146 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I really hope CGC will let consumers buy directly from them. Don’t want see distro suddenly jacking up prices for LE or the secret list of who gets the LEs first.

Don’t think that will happen. Pretty sure CGC controls the pricing.

#2147 2 years ago

Some of the sentiment in this thread may be why CGC doesn't communicate with us directly any longer. I've rarely seen an instance where CGC wasn't jumped on when they did try and participate on here in a meaningful way. There is just something about the internet that makes people angry.

Random thoughts--

1. People always seem to find money for the latest pin no matter what.

2. If CGC's delayed announcement is the biggest problem in our lives - we are all really f'ing lucky human beings right now.

3. I participate in this and other CGC threads and I'm as interested as anyone in the new title - but some people on here are taking the lack of announcement very personally. Its just a pinball game and I don't think CGC is intentionally trying to delay things (what would they gain by that?)

4. For some (or maybe many) the next new game won't be enough (then they want the NEXT ONE and the NEXT ONE...)

#2148 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Some of the sentiment in this thread may be why CGC doesn't communicate with us directly any longer. I've rarely seen an instance where CGC wasn't jumped on when they did try and participate on here in a meaningful way. There is just something about the internet that makes people angry.
Random thoughts--
1. People always seem to find money for the latest pin no matter what.
2. If CGC's delayed announcement is the biggest problem in our lives - we are all really f'ing lucky human beings right now.
3. I participate in this and other CGC threads and I'm as interested as anyone in the new title - but some people on here are taking the lack of announcement very personally. Its just a pinball game and I don't think CGC is intentionally trying to delay things (what would they gain by that?)
4. For some (or maybe many) the next new game won't be enough (then they want the NEXT ONE and the NEXT ONE...)

How dare you bring common sense into this discussion! No really though, people are just excited, but people do appear to be upset about a non issue. Now, if they'd dropped money on it and were waiting 5 years, I could see where they might be upset.

#2149 2 years ago

So when is the NEXT one coming out after the NEXT one? That might be the one. If not it will be the NEXT one after that

#2150 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So when is the NEXT one coming out after the NEXT one? That might be the one. If not it will be the NEXT one after that

Haha, that actually made me laugh!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Trade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/43?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.