4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 48.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This is what keeps me interested for CC. I am expecting a cool topper for CCr but what they did with the code may set a new president for future remake games and may ad a new level of interest.

Perhaps! That would be cool for sure. If they did that I wonder if they would offer diff code options for the previous remakes? Not sure they need it as they are so good already, but Iā€™m sure some players would like that.

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

release 2 games at the same time ,,, strange marketing strategy

I could be wrong (I often am) but my sense is that most NIB pinball buyers will either pick one (they can only afford one and may have to sell games to even afford it) or they will buy both (because they buy everything). So I see the strategy as neutral at best. The real path to profits, in my view, is having the games ready to ship versus taking pre-orders and fulfilling later.

I don't know what % of business is operators versus home users so I'm not sure how many operators would have issues or struggle to buy 2 new CGC games at the same time but my sense with all the new Stern games coming out is that this would not impact operator sales since I'm guessing major operators buy many new games each year.

Lastly - if the games are very different themes then it really makes sense. Some people may want a remake of X while others may be interested in a remake of Y or an original title etc.

If the market starts flooding with new games it may open up opportunities for second hand games of all types to come onto the market as well and maybe we will get *some* relief from the inflated prices as the people need to sell to raise cash for the latest and greatest.

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

If Kā€™s post is true he needs his arse kicked again for leaking shit heā€™s not supposed to. Some people never learn.

If I was CG, I'd find out the leak and plug that shit up. All that hard work to have a twat give it away.

#2004 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I could be wrong (I often am) but my sense is that most NIB pinball buyers will either pick one (they can only afford one and may have to sell games to even afford it) or they will buy both (because they buy everything). So I see the strategy as neutral at best. The real path to profits, in my view, is having the games ready to ship versus taking pre-orders and fulfilling later.
I don't know what % of business is operators versus home users so I'm not sure how many operators would have issues or struggle to buy 2 new CGC games at the same time but my sense with all the new Stern games coming out is that this would not impact operator sales since I'm guessing major operators buy many new games each year.
Lastly - if the games are very different themes then it really makes sense. Some people may want a remake of X while others may be interested in a remake of Y or an original title etc.
If the market starts flooding with new games it may open up opportunities for second hand games of all types to come onto the market as well and maybe we will get *some* relief from the inflated prices as the people need to sell to raise cash for the latest and greatest.

If it's two remakes (and if), I would imagine they will have no trouble selling all of them. It will give us all an easier chance to get one and not pay over the list price. If it's only one, then oh crap, here comes the "market adjustments"!

I personally just don't see a flooding of new games coming. We know Stern puts out (approximately) 3-4 per year, JJP puts out 1'ish, AP less than 1 a year and Spooky just did 2 (or one depending on your view) and it's sold out. Having two remakes that are vintage shouldn't flood the market. It's like Ford, Dodge and GM repackaging the Mustang, Challenger and Camaro (but in today's technology).

Just thinking out loud.....

#2005 2 years ago

Give a man some fire and heā€™ll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and heā€™ll be warm for the rest of his life.

#2006 2 years ago

Ok so now I am hearing release of CCr at the end of this month. I guess we will seeā€¦

#2007 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

AS a buyer of any new pin that interest me, I think you are off a bit. I had never heard of Ultraman in my life and zero interest in it. Halloween yes sir scared the crap out of me and my buddy, still remember Al closing his eyes so he would not cry during the movie.

So there was ZERO chance of me buying both Halloween and Ultra, CC and Toy Story CE yes both are coming my way.

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

If I was CG, I'd find out the leak and plug that shit up. All that hard work to have a twat give it away.

Who's the twat? K-man or the mole?

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Who's the twat? K-man or the mole?

Yes

#2010 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

they really need to make the topper available for OG CC owners as well!

Any toppers CGC make, won't work on original games. Original games don't have the CGC software.

And so far except for Medieval Madness, toppers aren't available separately. The Medieval Madness topper, big display/speaker lights, RGB lighting, was made available so the Medieval Madness Remakes would look similar sitting next to Attack From Mars Remake and Monster Bash Remake games that have the big display, speaker lights, and toppers.

CGC cared about their first customers of MMR and didn't want them left out if they wanted to upgrade their game.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Nothing is official until Chicago Gaming Company announces it. No matter what anyone else says. Things might be rumors, not true, or change before release.

#2011 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Counterpoint: The leak has gotten people more excited about a pin everyone knows has been on the way. So maybe not a terrible thing for CGC.

#2012 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

The leak has gotten people more excited

People will be way more excited when EFL is announced !

#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any toppers CGC make, won't work on original games. Original games don't have the CGC software.
And so far except for Medieval Madness, toppers aren't available separately. The Medieval Madness topper, big display/speaker lights, RGB lighting, was made available so the Medieval Madness Remakes would look similar sitting next to Attack From Mars Remake and Monster Bash Remake games that have the big display, speaker lights, and toppers.
CGC cared about their first customers of MMR and didn't want them left out if they wanted to upgrade their game.
Disclaimer : Nothing is official until Chicago Gaming Company announces it. No matter what anyone else says. Things might be rumors, not true, or change before release.

I love how they did that. Making sure to take care the of previous customers. Great business strategy. Thatā€™s why my whole collection so far has turned into CGC pins and will continue that way. It just works for me. Some of the best classic games getting remade with a new flair. It is perfection for me.

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

love how they did that.

Yes, the topper wonā€™t work as designed, but that doesn't mean it wont work.

#2015 2 years ago

Shooting DUCKs on the topper will be cool, like a shooting gallery. I hope the Ducks resemble LTGā€™s avatar

#2016 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I hope the Ducks resemble LTGā€™s avatar

Then they'd be geese.

Disclaimer : Still hoping for the PTC/EFL combo.

#2017 2 years ago

So potentially, there is a gun on one side or other that you would use to do this....Shooting gallery NEEDS a gun not just flipper this flipper that, right ?

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Ok so now I am hearing release of CCr at the end of this month. I guess we will seeā€¦

Perhaps... maybe at Pinfest this Friday July 30th!?

If not hopefully at the Pinball Expo in October.

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Perhaps... maybe at Pinfest this Friday July 30th!?

If not hopefully at the Pinball Expo in October.

If not ... 2022

#2020 2 years ago

Give it a rest.

EFL long before then.

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

EFL long before then.

Fingers crossed for the dual PTC/EFL release ...
Heard you soured on PTC ... ?

#2022 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Heard you soured on PTC ... ?

No. Words out.

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:I think you may see something at the end of this month!

end of month is coming up.....

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Lets see what happens... and I certainly hope so.

I think I am wrong on this one.

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Haven't you figured out that pinball space-time is different than normal space-time?

#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Haven't you figured out that pinball space-time is different than normal space-time?

Yes- any time period or specific point in time acts like an event horizon on a black hole in pin-space... the closer you get to it, the more time it takes to actually reach the destination... like any update from CGC or promise of an update from deeproot, or the delivery of your NIB pin.

#2027 2 years ago

Iā€™ve never cared too much for CC. Itā€™s fun but it doesnā€™t create that one more game feeling. If they make it better, I could quickly become a fan. I like TOM, TOTAN and CV for their ball interaction, good use of magnets and beautiful designs. But all suffer from shallow software. When either is produced and it receives the big screen treatment, improved game code, and maybe even enhanced graphics and it has to have an interactive topper - Iā€™d be a buyer.. CGC has a license to print money and a treasure map of ā€˜golden products.

#2028 2 years ago

So did Punchy The Cactus get announced yet?

54D3A35B-2094-4954-A1C2-AD345D63532B.gif54D3A35B-2094-4954-A1C2-AD345D63532B.gif
#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So did Punchy The Cactus get announced yet?

No. We'll see EFL first.

Disclaimer : Nice GIF !

#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. We'll see EFL first.

EFL ?

#2031 2 years ago

Electric Flight Lorchestra.

#2032 2 years ago

It's my new dream theme, that I hope soon sees the light of day. Soon.

Disclaimer : If you've been following along for around twenty years, my posts on RGP and Pinside, and my seminars. You may figure it out.
Disclaimer #2 : I did like this suggestion. "Electric Flight Lorchestra". Though it isn't correct.

#2033 2 years ago

EFL is Lloyd's codeword for a Tron remake (End of Fucking Line)

#2034 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Iā€™ve never cared too much for CC. Itā€™s fun but it doesnā€™t create that one more game feeling. If they make it better, I could quickly become a fan. I like TOM, TOTAN and CV for their ball interaction, good use of magnets and beautiful designs. But all suffer from shallow software. When either is produced and it receives the big screen treatment, improved game code, and maybe even enhanced graphics and it has to have an interactive topper - Iā€™d be a buyer.. CGC has a license to print money and a treasure map of ā€˜golden products.

Nail on the head post, 41 pages of threads are all irrelevant and Iā€™ve read every post. these 3 games without doubt should be remade. Anything more than that is a bonus, b/w classics are what true pinball is about

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Never took LTG as a baller for the English Football League... but I guess you just don't know about some people

#2036 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Disclaimer : If you've been following along for around twenty years, my posts on RGP and Pinside, and my seminars. You may figure it out.

You're done almost 42,000 posts and started almost 1,000 topics.

While I like to read... I believe that "EFL" will be built prior to me finding out what you mean by reading your posts!

Robert

#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

You're done almost 42,000 posts and started almost 1,000 topics.
While I like to read... I believe that "EFL" will be built prior to me finding out what you mean by reading your posts!
Robert

Actually likely more then 100k posts with RGP. Good luck with your search lol.

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

Nail on the head post, 41 pages off threads are all irrelevant and Iā€™ve read every post. these 3 gameā€™s without doubt should be remade. Anything more than that is a bonus.
No more PTC clown bullshit or EOL or what ever that is. b/w classics are what true pinball is about

It's still TZ. Why are we talking about this any longer?

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Actually likely more then 100k posts with RGP.

He hasn't posted to RGP since July 4, so at least he's slowing down there. And I did a search...no conversations with "EFL" on RGP.

Robert

#2040 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh Lloyd!

EFL = European Fine Lingerie

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. We'll see EFL first.
Disclaimer : Nice GIF !

Maybe Elves with attitudes?
2969B594-BC08-4BD2-8032-B93213052F6B (resized).png2969B594-BC08-4BD2-8032-B93213052F6B (resized).png

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

He hasn't posted to RGP since July 4, so at least he's slowing down there.

My day is noon to midnight. A lot of RGP posters start 3 or 4 hours earlier. And RGP has slowed down. So less for me to participate in there.

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

And I did a search...no conversations with "EFL" on RGP.

Strange. I just did a quick search and got 14 hits. Without digging. Of course I knew what I was searching for.

#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

It's still TZ. Why are we talking about this any longer?

If you are right. We are paving the way for the game after.

#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Lets see what happens... and I certainly hope so.
I think I am wrong on this one.

I forgot where I read, but someone said the spoke to someone at CGC and it could be 1-2 months....however we've heard that for a bit. I would rather they take their time to get it right, but man I love seeing new news!

Quoted from Zablon:

haha... seems so!

#2045 2 years ago

My magic 8 ball is saying ā€œSFGE Reveal on 8/20ā€.

#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I forgot where I read, but someone said the spoke to someone at CGC and it could be 1-2 months....however we've heard that for a bit. I would rather they take their time to get it right, but man I love seeing new news

Pinside rumor is October release! Hopefully that info is good.

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Pinside rumor is October release! Hopefully that info is good.

I hope so as well!! Can not be any longer than that I bet.

#2048 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My magic 8 ball is saying ā€œSFGE Reveal on 8/20ā€.

Street Fighter Remake confirmed!

#2049 2 years ago

Use the fripper!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 209.00
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/41?hl=dewman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.