C8E2033D-8FBE-483D-8BA8-A585C801F111 (resized).jpeg
D1B6DA07-8EE6-46E2-BB3A-90248FA142DD.gif
F50C0510-512A-4B1D-8B38-E24D8C096D47.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210720-193635_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210720-193421_Chrome (resized).jpg
dp15 (resized).jpg
stupidpost1 (resized).png

There are 2144 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 43.
#1951 10 days ago

These guys are getting lonely, can’t wait!

C8E2033D-8FBE-483D-8BA8-A585C801F111 (resized).jpeg
#1952 10 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

These guys are getting lonely, can’t wait!
[quoted image]

MOOSEHEAD LAGER! Love the bar signs you have there. A true Canadian!

#1953 10 days ago

TAFr - interested

#1954 10 days ago

So is it CC & TOM or CC & TOTAN? Wish it was CC & Whitewater

#1955 10 days ago

TAFr I bet will be another best seller. Who wouldn’t want a brand new TAF!? I bet TZ would be too.

#1956 10 days ago

i heard they were doing Spectrum.

Hope so, mine has some wear on the playfield.

#1957 10 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So is it CC & TOM or CC & TOTAN? Wish it was CC & Whitewater

No one knows for sure. Everyone seems confident CC is a sure thing. After that who knows. TOM seems to be peoples next best guess after CC.

#1958 10 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

i heard they were doing Spectrum.
Hope so, mine has some wear on the playfield.

I think your source is mad !

I’ll have a guess at ; CCr & TAFr

#1959 10 days ago

CGC know what they are doing.
Im stoked they don't rush the works of art.
Very cool of CGC to do their best to get these games out perfect and next level in more ways than 1.

BBBr will be my 2nd CGC title after CCr

#1960 10 days ago

There are two camps, but I agree with this. My MBr PF looks like a minefield after less than 1500 plays and those dimples will turn into flaked paint and all of this digital printing you see elsewhere is exploding on contact after a few plays. Let's see what they look like after a year or two. It's why I stopped buying CPR pfs.

Quoted from zr11990:

You can remake all of them and they will not be as good as the originals. Let’s see if those playfields and electronics last as long as the originals. Not.

As I noted before, we all have different expectations, needs, wants out of a machine. My MBr was my first "new" machine. I haven't played a ton of the newer games and those I have (Stern), I have not liked because they feel cheap to me. There was a lot of hype surrounding CGC, so I went with them versus another original. I felt let down b/c the quality of the wood and metals is sub par.

I had no idea there was a 90 year old grandpa residing in this middle aged woman's body screaming bout the good o'l days where dimples were few and far and ink adhered to the playfields and to get off my lawn, but here we are. While I cling to times of pinball past I think this post nails it, we simply do not have the quality of raw goods they did then, and if Williams was still in business this is what they would be putting out.

Anyhoo, it actually change my point of view a good bit. I have no idea what CGC is going to put out next, but I do look forward to it. I know what to expect now and how to address the issues at hand (buy and clear a spare pf). BBBr and possible TOMr would be buys for me. It's clear they are taking their time to put out quality versus quantity.

Quoted from dts:

I love all of the remakes, but frankly preferred my original MMs and AFM over them. I've owned all of the remakes. MBr does seem like an improvement over the original imo, but that will be argued forever. They are all great. CGC is just using the same tools of Williams, same silkscreened playfields, same company, Churchill, building cabinets, with the implementation of newer technology. This is basically what Williams would have done if they were still around.

#1961 10 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

you and I will be dead long before that even matters. Not an issue man lol.

yeah we found ways to make 40 year old electronics survive to 2021. 40 years from 2021, my reproduction Addams Family boards working won't be my main concern.

#1962 10 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have no idea. I'm always the last to know. And I don't ask. In case anything is leaked, it wasn't me. I didn't know.
No matter what is coming or going. The person signing an NDA shouldn't discuss anything about future plans.
LTG : )

NDA isnt worth the paper its written on

#1963 10 days ago

I own MMr and AFMr. I’m very happy with the quality after 1000’s of plays. If these start dying I’m sure CGC or someone will have a solution. I would love a CCCr if that’s next. Couldn’t get an MBr new or used but would have. Ended up going with Spooky for the next one. Couldn’t resist that theme.

#1964 10 days ago
Quoted from robotron:

Maybe , but is your word worth the handshake you give for it ? Isn’t that what you’re giving when you sign one ?

#1965 10 days ago

Doesn't make sense to me to release two games at once. You end up competing against yourself since most people cannot buy two nib pins at once. Maybe they are doing a Spooky where one is a remake and another is original theme with same layout as the remake. If CC, one could be an exact remake and the other a similar cowboy theme with different rules. One or the other could be limited for the FOMO effect.

#1966 10 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

There are two camps, but I agree with this. My MBr PF looks like a minefield after less than 1500 plays and those dimples will turn into flaked paint and all of this digital printing you see elsewhere is exploding on contact after a few plays. Let's see what they look like after a year or two. It's why I stopped buying CPR pfs.

As I noted before, we all have different expectations, needs, wants out of a machine. My MBr was my first "new" machine. I haven't played a ton of the newer games and those I have (Stern), I have not liked because they feel cheap to me. There was a lot of hype surrounding CGC, so I went with them versus another original. I felt let down b/c the quality of the wood and metals is sub par.
I had no idea there was a 90 year old grandpa residing in this middle aged woman's body screaming bout the good o'l days where dimples were few and far and ink adhered to the playfields and to get off my lawn, but here we are. While I cling to times of pinball past I think this post nails it, we simply do not have the quality of raw goods they did then, and if Williams was still in business this is what they would be putting out.
Anyhoo, it actually change my point of view a good bit. I have no idea what CGC is going to put out next, but I do look forward to it. I know what to expect now and how to address the issues at hand (buy and clear a spare pf). BBBr and possible TOMr would be buys for me. It's clear they are taking their time to put out quality versus quantity.

CGC does their playfields the same way during the 90s via a screen process, it’s not digitally printed as far as I know. They make the cabinets the exact same way in the same location/building as back then too (I believe the SE models and up get even better wood than back then too)
As for dimples MB dimpled back then too thanks to frank and the tomb treasure target. You can turn your flipper power down to around -4 , I’ve done this with every remake and it feels just like the originals.
The dimples aren't going to flake, I've had all three games (still have two) it's never happened. I've been to the arcade locally where they put the protoypes of these games out for play test, which have tens of thousand or more of plays and they are in great shape.

#1967 10 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Im stoked they don't rush the works of art.

well you should be really stoked ...years of nothing and still waiting !

#1968 10 days ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Doesn't make sense to me to release two games at once.

will never happen ....

#1969 10 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

will never happen ....

I have heard that there will a few months between them. I will believe when I see it. It amazing how much CGC has lost not having games to sell for so long.

#1970 10 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have heard that there will a few months between them. I will believe when I see it. It amazing how much CGC has lost not having games to sell for so long.

Better to wait and get it right out of the gate/do it right then end up like some of these other producers.

#1971 10 days ago
Quoted from robotron:

The NDA most likely allows the company to fire the individual whom they believe broke the NDA.

That individual would have to sue the company to try to get their job back...which is usually an uphill battle that takes time, money and isn't a slam dunk.

Robert

#1972 10 days ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The NDA most likely allows the company to fire the individual whom they believe broke the NDA.
That individual would have to sue the company to try to get their job back...which is usually an uphill battle that takes time, money and isn't a slam dunk.
Robert

As a practical matter - and to the point of the person who wrote "the NDA isn't worth the paper it is written on" it is VERY difficult to prove breach (absent someone being dumb enough to post something on social media, email etc). Most breaches are verbal in nature and difficult to prove out. If you think an employee breached an NDA they are typically at will employees and can be let go regardless of the reason.

Realistically an NDA really protects the big stuff (customer lists, data, processes, etc). The NDA gives you the power to get a court order and shut those types of leaks down and potentially seek damages if you can prove them. The little stuff like rumors about a product get leaked casually regardless of NDA and that is just an unfortunate part of doing business with people that can't keep their mouths shut.

Legal action for a verbal slip up is rare because at best you will spend money to get a court order telling "Bob" to "shut up" which frankly is what the NDA required anyway! When people come to me about a vendor that breached an NDA I remind them of the brilliant quote from Maya Angelou: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." In other words: find a new vendor.

#1973 10 days ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

there's no honor among thieves

#1974 10 days ago

Confucius say: Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day long

#1975 10 days ago
Quoted from robotron:

Depends on the size of the company and attorney.

Sure can get your ass fired.

LTG : )

#1976 10 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Confucius say: Man who walk through turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

#1977 10 days ago

If they actually screen print the playfields then they should last forever like the old W/B games. Stating the obvious

#1978 10 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

they should last forever like the old W/B games

Only if they could get the same hard wood that B/W was using. My MBrLE has dimples. Lots of dimples. They are not deep, they are, however numerous. Do I care? Yeah, I do, to the tune of $880 for a new playfield, and almost double that once I have it CC by Kruzman. Could CGC do better?, not with the wood they have available to them, but they could have CC them a little bit thicker and the problem could have been way less annoying.

#1979 10 days ago

Back when MB was released in the late 90's I saw what might have been my 1st brand new game out of the box. It was sitting just inside the entrance of Pinball Perfection in the Pittsburgh PA, Millwood I think it was. Anyway, that game looked amazing, nice bright colours, everything shiny and new. On my way out some time later that day, I noticed something I'd never seen before on pinball playfield. The sunlight was streaming in the front windows across the playfield of the MB. There were small pinball sized dimples in many locations across the surface of the game. They weren't visible standing sraight on with light as it was, side on they were everywhere and the game was only a few weeks old at that time.

#1980 10 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Back when MB was released in the late 90's I saw what might have been my 1st brand new game out of the box. It was sitting just inside the entrance of Pinball Perfection in the Pittsburgh PA, Millwood I think it was. Anyway, that game looked amazing, nice bright colours, everything shiny and new. On my way out some time later that day, I noticed something I'd never seen before on pinball playfield. The sunlight was streaming in the front windows across the playfield of the MB. There were small pinball sized dimples in many locations across the surface of the game. They weren't visible standing sraight on with light as it was, side on they were everywhere and the game was only a few weeks old at that time.

Key word small. They all have small dimples not the craters that happen on some games ow days. Luckily my JP has none

#1981 10 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Key word small. They all have small dimples not the craters that happen on some games ow days. Luckily my JP has none

I doubt there was any difference in size at all. Although, it's now impossible to compare. Just wish I had taken a photo, but at that time there were no phones with cameras.

#1982 10 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

3LDw8UA73GNFBtgiq7TUoA (resized).jpeg

#1983 10 days ago

I really don't want anyone over at CGC to get into any trouble; for all I know he was providing me "Fake News"

#1984 10 days ago

I bet if we went back to mylaring the entire playfields, dimples wouldn't be as big of an issue, just everything else related to mylar

#1985 10 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

but at that time there were no phones with cameras.

What glorious days those were. We didn't have people taking photos of food in Chili's and there was no medium in which other people could "like" said photos. Seriously it is Chili's people not a meal cooked by the Pope.

Wait, what is this thread about again? Oh yea... CCr due out in 5 years. Some of you are excited and some are not. Talk amongst yourselves.

#1986 10 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I doubt there was any difference in size at all. Although, it's now impossible to compare. Just wish I had taken a photo, but at that time there were no phones with cameras.

I had a routed MB and a pretty much new MBr. It's not so much the size, but the frequency. I have 100X + more dimples on a PF that has seen less that 2K plays than my original routed MB with 10K plus plays and has less than 20 dimples. PF's dimple, my Doctor Who HUO has dimples, but not like my MBr.

The wood today is nowhere near the grade it was then. These dimples will start to flake.

#1987 10 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I really don't want anyone over at CGC to get into any trouble; for all I know he was providing me "Fake News"

I wouldn't worry unless it's true... then Oh Shit... I hope it is true because I am planning on going to Expo this year and they will most likely show up there.

#1988 10 days ago

Ok just saw that K man posted this on Facebook.. How freakin cool would this be!

#1989 10 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok just saw that K man posted this on Facebook.. How freakin cool would this be![quoted image]

Pretty damn cool!

#1990 9 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok just saw that K man posted this on Facebook.. How freakin cool would this be![quoted image]

Cool maybe but not too practical, when a part of the game is even above the backbox. XD

#1991 9 days ago

If Kaneda's post is true, they really need to make the topper available for OG CC owners as well!

#1992 9 days ago

release 2 games at the same time ,,, strange marketing strategy

#1993 9 days ago
Quoted from john17a:

release 2 games at the same time ,,, strange marketing strategy

Spooky nailed it. Why not?

#1994 9 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Spooky nailed it. Why not?

Rule sets are supposedly identical on the two Spooky's, so basically they released one 'game' with two different art packages and asset sets. No idea...but guessing this only took ~20% extra man hours at most vs one game. With this approach, they were probably moreso broadening the appeal of the game rather than competing with themself.

For CGC, I don't see any upside to releasing two completely different games simultaneously. How would they not be competing against themselves? ... Unless there's so much pent up demand that they want to take advantage of a hot market before it cools.

#1995 9 days ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

If Kaneda's post is true, they really need to make the topper available for OG CC owners as well!

If K’s post is true he needs his arse kicked again for leaking shit he’s not supposed to. Some people never learn.

#1996 9 days ago
Quoted from curban:

Rule sets are supposedly identical on the two Spooky's, so basically they released one 'game' with two different art packages and asset sets. No idea...but guessing this only took ~20% extra man hours at most vs one game. With this approach, they were probably moreso broadening the appeal of the game rather than competing with themself.
For CGC, I don't see any upside to releasing two completely different games simultaneously. How would they not be competing against themselves? ... Unless there's so much pent up demand that they want to take advantage of a hot market before it cools.

I have no idea what will happen either. It is dedinitely fun watching all the new games coming out.

#1997 9 days ago

Played some CC & Tom. Both would need some extra modes to be legit remakes.

#1998 9 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Played some CC & Tom. Both would need some extra modes to be legit remakes

This is what keeps me interested for CC. I am expecting a cool topper for CCr but what they did with the code may set a new president for future remake games and may ad a new level of interest.

#1999 9 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

he who go to sleep with itchy ass wake up with smelly finger

#2000 9 days ago

He who farts in church must sit in own pew.

There are 2144 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 43.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside