4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 48.
#101 5 years ago

@yelobird, do you have a guess as well?, and I am asking sincerely, because I am interested in everyones guess. I was just sharing my experience of Expo and what someone at CGC is actively saying about it. Thought it was relative. Maybe not?

If you hate my long posts you can always block me, because, I really don’t mind. Or just skip them like most do. That would save a lot of people a lot of time having to re-read all that reposting back and quoting my posts and people telling me they hate how long they are. Use that blocking feature... save yourself and the rest of pinside from having to double read everything I say and reduce the traffic on every thread by at least 50%. That savings alone would more than cover the time you spend having to read my long posts, but then again, you simply can block me or just skip them entirely like everyone else. Your choice.

#102 5 years ago

I'm sticking to my guns, CC or BBB. Would love to see either of these two come out.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Have you guys played CC????
As a past owner, honestly, it's the worst game on the list.
CCC is much more fun, but PPS is never going to touch that with a 1000 foot pole.

I thought CGC made a statement way back when they announced all the remakes they were gonna do that they may even tweak code and rules on some of their planned remakes. Or am I remembering wrong?

And if they have all the B/W rights, why not go CCC? It would mean some extra keyboard warriors to translate the code, but I’d suspect, granted their track history, they would do a CC(C?)r justice.

#104 5 years ago

Apparently there is a market for Seawitch remake ; )

They could do Funhouse, Whirlwind - Fishtales - errr

What other DMD era games are really that Amazeballs. Lets get crazy with it. Cactus Canyon with some tweaks is interesting but...

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Cactus Canyon with some tweaks is interesting but...

Right, but we are not going to be able to install CCC on a CC remake; so that leaves us with....CC

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And if they have all the B/W rights, why not go CCC? It

Continued does not belong to: W/B, Scietific Games, PPS, CGC or any other commecial pinball entity.

#107 5 years ago

its gonna be TAF

#108 5 years ago

Heck, with the range of guesses we may as well get philosophical and say what it won't be.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

yelobird, do you have a guess as well?, and I am asking sincerely, because I am interested in everyones guess. I was just sharing my experience of Expo and what someone at CGC is actively saying about it. Thought it was relative. Maybe not?
If you hate my long posts you can always block me, because, I really don’t mind. Or just skip them like most do. That would save a lot of people a lot of time having to re-read all that reposting back and quoting my posts and people telling me they hate how long they are. Use that blocking feature... save yourself and the rest of pinside from having to double read everything I say and reduce the traffic on every thread by at least 50%. That savings alone would more than cover the time you spend having to read my long posts, but then again, you simply can block me or just skip them entirely like everyone else. Your choice.

Sorry to quote you. Don't worry, I don't hate you. lol.

I wouldn't say the CGC rep at the expo booth coming off as agitated is a tell that TAF will be coming next. I played a lot of MBr thur-sat and he seemed a little sensitive in general when anybody talked to him.

Here is a legit post from the beginning of the year from PPS regarding which games are being considered:

MB is #3 so CC, TOM, and BBB seem most likely to be next. I hope it's TOTAN though.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 8.51.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-01 at 8.51.09 PM (resized).png

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

yelobird, do you have a guess as well?, and I am asking sincerely, because I am interested in everyones guess. I was just sharing my experience of Expo and what someone at CGC is actively saying about it. Thought it was relative. Maybe not?

No hate simply didn’t understand the need for a Long sell story to pitch a guess. Also, as #Zavadoza pointed out which is the only reference I have given credibility for the past 6 months as it’s From them my guess (just a guess) is Totan which has proven to be a high dollar resale leader for a long time which is what they are after. Plus unlike MB there are minimal license hurtles to overcome which they learned can be costly. Finally, the CGC employee you interrogated was Ryan a recent hire after departing from API who by my Guess was not privied to the full business plan. That’s my guess.

And for further coincidence Mirco just released the amazing new Totan Playfields.

#111 5 years ago

So were the TAF playfields a while back, but game #3 was MB (just saying)

#112 5 years ago

Williams Indiana Jones

#113 5 years ago

@zavadoza, thanks for that. I was in 4 different conversations with him, and yes he seemed a little nervous at first, then they anounced pricing and started taking orders and he relaxed... a bit. But he did defend TAF as a viable candidate, and the license was obtained for Pinball Arcade by a kickstarter type crowd sourcing. If not a BW ‘90’s pin, my money is on BBBr, but a lot of casual players love TOM, or at least the backglass.

#114 5 years ago

@yelobird, ok... I’ll, keep my sales pitches short. I would be in for a TOTANrLE, but only if the Topper is the Genie hurling fire balls at me, another $8k just vanished... and I’m not even playing TOM at the moment.

#115 5 years ago

Totan: the Robin Williams Tribute edition...

3F769661-2949-4F16-8ECB-1D6CFF136D6B (resized).jpeg3F769661-2949-4F16-8ECB-1D6CFF136D6B (resized).jpeg
#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

@yelobird, ok... I’ll, keep my sales pitches short. I would be in for a TOTANrLE, but only if the Topper is the Genie hurling fire balls at me, another $8k just vanished... and I’m not even playing TOM at the moment.

No worries I enjoy your insight. (In doses lol). I’ll get to work on that mod, you prefer Roman candles or something more spectacular like mortar shots? Lol

#117 5 years ago

Theater of Magic would be okay -

#118 5 years ago

@yelobird, Maybe not motar shots... Tequila shots? But I was thinking some kind of nice Genie scupture with a nice translucent fireball in his hand that was lit by an eye melting RGB LED and have the arm move in a throwing fashion... glowing red as he winds back and then trigger the white flash as the arm moves forward at the release point. At least thats what I would do if I were CGC... and try incorporating it with game play.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Totan: the Robin Williams Tribute edition... [quoted image]

I hope you are correct! If TOTAN is next we are in. If I was a betting man, I would bet TOM is next. People are too quick to write off TAF being remade. If TAF were remade we would definitely buy one and we already have an original.

#120 5 years ago

I know that this question is much like a beauty contest in that the answer is in the eyes of the beholder and there really isn't any right or wrong choice. I have been told that CC is next. I just finished playing several games at a major collection and, in my opinion, if CC is next, it is the wrong choice. Maybe a new/completed code will help but I found the game rather basic and boring. I also played all of the other major "candidates" mentioned for CGC's #4 (TOM, TWZ, TAF,TOTAN, IJR) plus others not mentioned such as Fish Tales, Junkyard and almost all of the other '90's vintage B/W games. Honestly, all of them are good but really, they are mostly kind of 'just OK'. But, there was one game that really did stand out, one that I that I felt was hands down was the best and I hope will someday be remade. Indiana Jones. I know it is unlikely but one can hope. There are so many new games to choose from now and remakes are up against some very stiff competition. I think CGC in their niche market of B/W remakes has been absolute genius in their pick of games so far (MMR, AFMR, and MBR). I truly hope they can continue that success and will by picking another big winner for #4. IJR would absolutely be that. Just my opinion.

#121 5 years ago

I know that this question is much like a beauty contest in that the answer is in the eyes of the beholder and there really isn't any right or wrong choice. I have been told that CC is next. I just finished playing several games at a major collection and, in my opinion, if CC is next, it is not the best choice. Maybe a new/completed code will help but I found the game rather basic and boring. I also played all of the other major "candidates" mentioned for CGC's #4 (TOM, TWZ, TAF,TOTAN, IJR) plus others not mentioned such as Fish Tales, Junkyard and almost all of the other '90's vintage B/W games. Honestly, all of them are good but really, they are mostly kind of 'just OK'. But, there was one game that really did stand out, one that I that I felt was hands down was the best and I hope will someday be remade. Indiana Jones. I know it is unlikely but one can hope. There are so many new games to choose from now and remakes are up against some very stiff competition. I think CGC in their niche market of B/W remakes has been absolute genius in their pick of games so far (MMR, AFMR, and MBR). I truly hope they can continue that success and will by picking another big winner for #4. IJR would absolutely be that. Just my opinion.

#122 5 years ago

I think it will be CC or BBB for financial reasons. Fair enough, I can only speak of the American market from hearsay, PinSide posts, and the random pinside ads I see. I know TOTAN prices are completely different on both sides of the Atlantic, but I heard +$10k for a CC? If the cost of a new pin from CGC is something around $/€9k, and that's roughly the same price for an original, inevitably that will eat into the consumer base as people will prefer a brand new, shiny game that will probably remain HUO. If the price is the common denominator, quality will be the deciding factor. If we assume that $6k-$7k for a TOTAN, $5k-$6k for a TOM (hope I'm not too far off), then some people may want to opt for the original, which is cheaper, and either fix it themselves or just play the hell out of it. $2k is quite a hefty margin. I think that's why CC went for the high demand games first (MM, AFM), because the demand was there and they retained the price level. We must, in our deliberations and hypotheses, remember that CGC is, at the end of a day, a profit-oriented business. Just my 2 cents.

#123 5 years ago

Reveal at TPF? What do you guys think?

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Reveal at TPF? What do you guys think?

Yeah. TPF 2020.

#125 5 years ago

I'd pick up TOTAN or CC if the remade them next. Totan has more mass appeal but CC is so damned rare.
If licensing isn't a issue...TAF and IJ would look beautiful with a modern treatment.
Either way, CGC is nailing it

#126 5 years ago

I think CCr or TOMr is next.

#127 5 years ago

Played afmr today and I am now really getting excited about mbr I have on order. Quality gets better each release. My hope is BBBr but going off my gut CCr or ToTAN will come first.

#128 5 years ago

I think TAF or TZ is very likely the next Remake. Leaning towards TAF

#129 5 years ago

I hope you’re right. If it’s either of those, I will be purchasing my first NIB

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I think TAF or TZ is very likely the next Remake. Leaning towards TAF

Anythings possible .... but i believe these are years away and many other titles will come first.

#131 5 years ago

If I was running CGC, which of course I am not, I would go for the biggest cash grab out there to ensure I have enough capital to keep doing what they are doing which seems to be working for them. I never thought in a million years I would own a MB, yet I have a MBrLE on order, and being built by a proven company. What would a TAFrLE or TOMrLE, or a TZrLE from CGC be like? My money is on TAFr and TOMr and not CCr or BBBr, because the amount of engineering and the BOM for TAF or TOM is closer to AFM, MM, and MB than TZ or BBB. They already know how to port WPC based code to their platform, so I expect the next machine to be another WPC based game. Least expense and best ROI. After enough pinheads play AFMrLE, MBrLE, they will say “and I can get a tricked out, NIB TAFrLE for $8k? And it is enhanced and even better than the original?, and they re-did all the dotwork?!?, well sign me up.” The speculation on CCr is way off. Yeah, it was rare, yeah, it was the last real B/W WPC title, and yeah they only made a dribble of them. The code was incomplete, the game play boring, the rules were unfinished... yet people are clamoring for this title? Get over it, it sucked and it was a harsh reminder of what Williams/Bally management thought of pinball. A disposable money making tool, not pop iconic art. If CGC is reading this, I’m a +1 on TAFrLE. Now where is my Monster Bash?!?

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If I was running CGC, which of course I am not, I would go for the biggest cash grab out there to ensure I have enough capital to keep doing what they are doing which seems to be working for them. I never thought in a million years I would own a MB, yet I have a MBrLE on order, and being built by a proven company. What would a TAFrLE or TOMrLE, or a TZrLE from CGC be like? My money is on TAFr and TOMr and not CCr or BBBr, because the amount of engineering and the BOM for TAF or TOM is closer to AFM, MM, and MB than TZ or BBB. They already know how to port WPC based code to their platform, so I expect the next machine to be another WPC based game. Least expense and best ROI. After enough pinheads play AFMrLE, MBrLE, they will say “and I can get a tricked out, NIB TAFrLE for $8k? And it is enhanced and even better than the original?, and they re-did all the dotwork?!?, well sign me up.” The speculation on CCr is way off. Yeah, it was rare, yeah, it was the last real B/W WPC title, and yeah they only made a dribble of them. The code was incomplete, the game play boring, the rules were unfinished... yet people are clamoring for this title? Get over it, it sucked and it was a harsh reminder of what Williams/Bally management thought of pinball. A disposable money making tool, not pop iconic art. If CGC is reading this, I’m a +1 on TAFrLE. Now where is my Monster Bash?!?

Lol
What a load of twaffle.
Not a personal attack but man that really is a load of shit.

As mentioned previously CCr will only be worth re making if CGC can implement Continued code.
If CGC is not able to expand the code to CONTINUED then CCr will be a waste of effort.

If CCCr is not achievable... BBBr is a waayyy better choice next up over TAFr. I don't get the love for TAF ? it gets boring.

I doubt TOM and TZ would sell big numbers. TOM is just not that good. TZ has never been mentioned by CGC and probably would not be viable with its huge BoM.

IJr would be the only other possibe blockbuster but IJr is sounding like a pipe dream

#133 5 years ago

My money is still on TAF

#134 5 years ago

I bought MMr and skipped AFMr and MBr. I would definitely buy a CCr and I think that will be next. Kingpinr or BBBr don't interest me much. They are certainly rare but not at the same level of game as MM, AFM, MB or CC.

#135 5 years ago

I think CCr with a completed code, enhancements (modes, interactive video, plus the typical CGC upgrades) and saloon doors/Bionic Bart would do well on location. (Especially here in Colorado). Most people like an old Western Theme distraction from the typical themes of today.

#136 5 years ago

Games I want to see first are CC and IJ

Games I think from a business aspect would do better and I would release first if I was CGC-Adams and TZ

#137 5 years ago

What if cgc pulled the crocodile hunter out of the archieve? Would it still have appeal today?

#138 5 years ago

Taf and Ij both would require righs to the actors voices and likenesses. I dont see these titles being made anytime soon. Why deal with extra headaches when there are still several other titles people are clamoring for that dont have this problem? Tom, cc, bbb, CV, totan.
Personally I'd like to see a totan or cc.
I never in a million years thought I would want a western themed pin until I played one in person. I understand the code needs work but damn if that game isn't still entertaining as hell. The pop up quick draw idea is a blast.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

What if cgc pulled the crocodile hunter out of the archieve? Would it still have appeal today?

If the 60 year old Beatles theme can sell out, then crikey a 30 year old Crocodile Hunter theme would probably blow up the internet.

Maybe his daughter Bindi would want to be the MC?

BindiIrwincarole643060 (resized).jpgBindiIrwincarole643060 (resized).jpg
#140 5 years ago

Haha, Bindi would drive us nuts

Crocodile hunter would have been awesome.

Wish it was completed.

CGC would do well on this if completed to a high standard.

I like the look of the cab, game could have been amazing. probably too much work and licencing problems to complete this one.

Steve's kids have grown up fast, their over enthusiasm for wildlife makes Aussies look like nutters, lol

What the Irwin family is doing to protect wildlife is commendable, Perhaps Robert and Bindi are into pinball ?

If the family would give the okay for the project to be completed with Steve's name, audio and images the game would work.

Oh oh............... Steve was molested by an orangutan, lol orangutan gate

Top bloke, we miss you Steve !

ch2 (resized).jpgch2 (resized).jpgchcab (resized).jpgchcab (resized).jpgchww (resized).jpgchww (resized).jpgchfam (resized).JPGchfam (resized).JPG
#141 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Haha, Bindi would drive us nuts. Crocodile hunter would have been awesome.
CGC would do well on this if completed to a high standard.

I would not even bother trying to finish the Williams from CGC.

I'd just re-brand a Stern Stingray.

#143 5 years ago

Rebranding worked wonders for the Beatles, and Stern has lot's of classic titles to choose from.

#144 5 years ago

Oh, come now @vid1900, thats not the joke... maybe you needed a rimshot instead? <ba-dum-bump>

#145 5 years ago

Still would have liked to see this made.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Still would have liked to see this made.

Yea, I can’t say for sure it would have been a homerun. I’ll bet it would have been entertaining and full of humor tho!

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Perhaps a new Doctor Who!!!

Wouldn't want a remake of the original doctor who... I'd honestly want a completely new Doctor Who Game... But, only way I'd want that is, if they treated the doctors equally...
Barring equal treatment. Just give me a 4th doctor pinball game.
You got K-9 and the best Doctor ever.

3 months later
#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My money is still on TAF

According to CGC's own press release above it will absolutely be CC, BBB, TOM and perhaps with late-breaking buzz TOTAN, but TAF won't happen if at all until many years down the road.

It seems very likely CC is coming next now that MB is in the can.

#149 5 years ago

CC is next for sure.

#150 5 years ago

Here’s hoping for TOM. Fun game, but not at the current prices. CC just doesn’t do it for me - Unless they do end up finish the code a la CCC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,500 (OBO)
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/3?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.