4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 48.
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

No, because that game is a festering pile of stinking dog shit. LOL. It’s boring.

There are no shit pinball machines, only shit people.

A guy keeps posting that on facebook every time someone puts shit on a game. I love it!

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That thread is full of deep

Deep shit. Literally piles of crap about absolutely nothing.

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Deep shit. Literally piles of crap about absolutely nothing.

Worked for Seinfeld

#1804 2 years ago

It might just be a dream at the moment but; CCr with complete code ! im stingin for it. Does anyone think CGC will change the drop targets to illuminated / transparent like originally planned ? what other changes do you think there will be other than code ?

#1805 2 years ago

Most important will be code completion/refinement

I'm a little disappointed Eric's CCC code didn't make it, such stellar job, super fun additions

Shaker, no brainer, will have to be coded awesome

LED active revolvers on the apron dreaming, lol

Otherwise the 6-7" LCD on apron could be a nice touch

A big winner will be XL color display

High end audio would be sweet

Im still wondering about the art ? I dig the original but not sure if it's gonna get a Franchi twist ?

Can't wait for this one

west (resized).jpgwest (resized).jpg
#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

It might just be a dream at the moment but; CCr with complete code ! im stingin for it. Does anyone think CGC will change the drop targets to illuminated / transparent like originally planned ? what other changes do you think there will be other than code ?

Maybe saloon doors? I thought I heard that was an idea they didn’t have time to put on the original.

#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Maybe saloon doors? I thought I heard that was an idea they didn’t have time to put on the original.

This is on the top of my wish list

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

We all gonna die next year or something? From what I can tell the range of people interested in buying 90's games is from mid 30s to mid 50s. I believe we have a good 20 more years before demand for 90s games dries up. Even then many will retain both value and popularity for decades simply because they are such good examples of pinball.

peak pinball purchasing power is (based off rough observations on pinside, correlated general with financial data) the ages 40-60. (upper middle-class+ people have more fun money in their 40s, and after 60 more people downsize as the kids leave)
The number of people that grew up with a 1993 pinball machine and have that nostalgia rush is going to really diminish for people born 1985+ (unless they got really lucky with local arcades).

It's 2021, and people born 1981 turn 40 this year, so that's the last major period of the peak window coming upon us.
In 2031, the number of 40 year olds with nostalgia for 90s Bally Williams titles will be seriously diminished. Not evaporated, there will still be 50 and 60 year olds into them with their nostalgia, but we're talking about the shrinking of peak markets.

In the last 7 years CGC has re-released 3 incredible titles. In the next decade, they'll release 4, maybe 5 more remakes?
And to loop back to my original post, by 2031 the economics might be such that the market for NIB remakes is to the point where it isn't worth it for them to continue making more.

I'd love to be wrong, but this seems pretty basic. Who knows, maybe pinball will double in popularity by then and the "nostalgia window" will be a far more moot point? But I doubt it.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Otherwise the 6-7" LCD on apron could be a nice touch

mod the code to include Wild Gunman NES graphics.

#1810 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

peak pinball purchasing power is (based off rough observations on pinside, correlated general with financial data) the ages 40-60. (upper middle-class+ people have more fun money in their 40s, and after 60 more people downsize as the kids leave)
The number of people that grew up with a 1993 pinball machine and have that nostalgia rush is going to really diminish for people born 1985+ (unless they got really lucky with local arcades).
It's 2021, and people born 1981 turn 40 this year, so that's the last major period of the peak window coming upon us.
In 2031, the number of 40 year olds with nostalgia for 90s Bally Williams titles will be seriously diminished. Not evaporated, there will still be 50 and 60 year olds into them with their nostalgia, but we're talking about the shrinking of peak markets.
In the last 7 years CGC has re-released 3 incredible titles. In the next decade, they'll release 4, maybe 5 more remakes?
And to loop back to my original post, by 2031 the economics might be such that the market for NIB remakes is to the point where it isn't worth it for them to continue making more.
I'd love to be wrong, but this seems pretty basic. Who knows, maybe pinball will double in popularity by then and the "nostalgia window" will be a far more moot point? But I doubt it.

I think you will see more remakes boom from Haggis and CGC soon. Think they are ironing out Supply Chain issues

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I think you will see more remakes boom from Haggis and CGC soon. Think they are ironing out Supply Chain issues

Inside information or educated guess?

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

100% agree! I'm 41 and am absolutely on the last wave of pinball interest. I get roasted in other threads when I dare suggest a pinball theme not be a rockband from the 70s-80s because we need to find young people to get interested in the art. The arcade bars aren't doing us any favors by catering to hipsters in their 20s who just look at pinball as a retro gag but nothing worth getting into as a hobby. So the only market-staying power is going to come from genX who just isn't as strong as the baby boomers (not using as a slight!) with purchase power + interest.

All that said, i think pins are a great place to keep money if only as a hedge to inflation. If you have cash lying around, buy some NIBs and stick them in the corner of your garage. Better than war bonds.

#1813 2 years ago

I would be ecstatic if CGC and Haggis ramped things up to releasing a new remake each year, but pinball is hard.
CGC doing the DMD era, Haggis on the solid states... Then we'd finally have a timeframe where most of the biggest requests would be filled.

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

In the next decade, they'll release 4, maybe 5 more remakes?

More like three remakes and their own games, which they have been working on for some time.

LTG : )

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

More like three remakes and their own games, which they have been working on for some time.

Please let one of those be BBB!

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

That doesn't include another section of the market, people like me.

I have no fond memories of playing pinball and bought my first machine (and most of the others) without ever playing it.

I love the 90's machines like ToM, AFM etc and love the earlier ones like Sorcerer and Lost World too. I do enjoy new releases, Deadpool is my first and still one of my fav's. I bought it on a whim though because pinball seemed like a fun thing to have at home, not for any nostalgia.

#1817 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That doesn't include another section of the market, people like me.
I have no fond memories of playing pinball and bought my first machine (and most of the others) without ever playing it.
I love the 90's machines like ToM, AFM etc and love the earlier ones like Sorcerer and Lost World too. I do enjoy new releases, Deadpool is my first and still one of my fav's. I bought it on a whim though because pinball seemed like a fun thing to have at home, not for any nostalgia.

You paid almost 8K because you thought it might be fun? Shit. Maybe Ill buy a Lambo, it might be fun. LOL

#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You paid almost 8K because you thought it might be fun? Shit. Maybe Ill buy a Lambo, it might be fun. LOL

9kau i think i recall.

My Ducati 1098 was more and it was because i thought it would be fun.

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Shit. Maybe Ill buy a Lambo,

It WILL be fun for sure!

#1820 2 years ago

My hunch paid off.

Pinball IS fun.

Spent many more thousands since.

#1821 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I love this argument.

“I’ll never buy a game before I play it”

Do you live in a house before you buy it?
Do you use the dishwasher before you buy it?
Do you sleep on a mattress before you buy it?
Do you taste the cow before you buy the steak?

Ridiculous.

Yes, pinball IS fun.

#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I love this argument.
“I’ll never buy a game before I play it”
Do you live in a house before you buy it?
Do you use the dishwasher before you buy it?
Do you sleep on a mattress before you buy it?
Do you taste the cow before you buy the steak?
Ridiculous.
Yes, pinball IS fun.

Um...actually, other than the hyperbole you're showing here. Yes, to most of those. It's common sense.

I go into a house and look around before I buy it. I have it inspected before I buy it. If there are things that 'should have been fixed' that aren't, there are laws that protect you.
I go and look at a dishwasher before I buy it. I compare its features to other features and read reviews. If it doesn't work out of the box I can return it for a full refund, or at the very least someone will come and service it or replace it. For FREE.
I do indeed test a mattress before I buy it. Those things are expensive as hell. This one is a little trickier for returns.
As for cow...well, steak doesn't cost 1000's of dollars in 99% of the cases.

And to throw the carguement in, yes I test drive a car before I buy it.

I don't care how much someone loves pinball, there's a game out there they simply don't enjoy, at least not $8k worth.

#1823 2 years ago

In that case you can sell it again, usually for at least what you paid for it.

The whole argument is stupid.

stupidpost1 (resized).pngstupidpost1 (resized).png

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

In that case you can sell it again, usually for at least what you paid for it.
The whole argument is stupid.
[quoted image]

Stupid is being that short sighted. Most people don't churn through games every week. If you play a game you paid 8k for and are ready to sell it after 30 days, it wasn't worth 8k. To each their own, but some people care more about their money and time and are a bit pickier. A comparison post basically saying 'you don't check/test/look at anything before buying it' is as you said, stupid, and you upvoted it.

Give em to me for $100 each, and would be much less worried about it. A lot less hassle to throw a quarter in a machine, than to pay thousands, and then try to get someone to take it off your hands.

#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Stupid is being that short sighted. Most people don't churn through games every week. If you play a game you paid 8k for and are ready to sell it after 30 days, it wasn't worth 8k. To each their own, but some people care more about their money and time and are a bit pickier. A comparison post basically saying 'you don't check/test/look at anything before buying it' is as you said, stupid, and you upvoted it.
Give em to me for $100 each, and would be much less worried about it. A lot less hassle to throw a quarter in a machine, than to pay thousands, and then try to get someone to take it off your hands.

I think the point is you don’t have to try very hard to sell games in today’s market. I have bought all my games without ever playing them. The couple I didn’t like I sold for equal or more then I paid for them.

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't get anything out of that rant.

You are talking about my Deadpool machine, the first one i bought.

It's a pro and i've spent thousands of dollars modding it. I ain't selling it, i love it, so what's your point?

That i never should have bought it in the first place (after all the research i did) because maybe i wouldn't like it?

I can afford to bet a couple hundred bucks on whether my research agrees with my tastes and if i don't like it then i can sell it for a small loss.

Dunno why you are so hung up on trying to prove that i could have possibly made a mistake (but didn't).

3.5 years and 4500k plays later ($2 a game here in the pubs) it's paid for it's initial cost.

dp15 (resized).jpgdp15 (resized).jpg

#1827 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You are talking about my Deadpool machine, t

That's a super nice looking game!

#1828 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I can't get anything out of that rant.
You are talking about my Deadpool machine, the first one i bought.
It's a pro and i've spent thousands of dollars modding it. I ain't selling it, i love it, so what's your point?
That i never should have bought it in the first place (after all the research i did) because maybe i wouldn't like it?
I can afford to bet a couple hundred bucks on whether my research agrees with my tastes and if i don't like it then i can sell it for a small loss.
Dunno why you are so hung up on trying to prove that i could have possibly made a mistake (but didn't).
3.5 years and 4500k plays later ($2 a game here in the pubs) it's paid for it's initial cost.
[quoted image]

Why are you being defensive? You tried to insult and I explained my position. It was a conversation. Has nothing to do with what your choices are. The conversation started with someone stating that 'who would ever do these things?' I was in fact basically stating the opposite stance. Surprise there is more than one sided opinions on the interwebz.

I concur that you can basically get what you paid out of most games in the last 2-3 years and probably a few years from now. It doesn't change that some don't want do deal with taking those chances on something they might not like on high ticket items. The number of people who cry when their brand new games drop in price or the fear that it will is quite apparent around here. That being said, nice collection.

#1829 2 years ago

Wow saw whole bunch of posts thought there was some news . ..

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does that mean next remakes are CC, ToTAN, TOM and then that’s it?

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I think the point is you don’t have to try very hard to sell games in today’s market. I have bought all my games without ever playing them. The couple I didn’t like I sold for equal or more then I paid for them.

I've been through all possible combinations of this.

TOTAN -- bought it after playing it manyt times.
TZ -- bought it without having ever played it once.
CFTBL -- bought it after playing it shortly before I paid.
TAF -- bought it after playing the PinballArcade version.

#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

That’s what as I’m thinking. But who knows.

#1833 2 years ago

Those titles are better than original in my opinion. I'm actually regretting selling my MonsterBaseh LE lately but only have so much room at home.
AFMRLE and MMR Royal Edition are here to stay. Love the hell out of both.. Going to keep them until I am physically unable to play pinball.

I agree. The new versions are truly superior in every way. I own a MBrLE and a MMr...but I would love to own a Royal edition.

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

CC (C) is one of the best games that very few have played. It makes sense in every way.

It would be incredibly difficult for me to not buy a Totan remake NIB. There is so much I enjoy about that game...I just wish it had a bit more complexity. Price vs lack of depth are what has kept me from buying the original yet.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

mod the code to include Wild Gunman NES graphics.

SNES Sunset riders would be more like the remake graphics we are getting. But I like where your heads at.

#1836 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

I would think BBB would be in there somewhere.

#1837 2 years ago

Thought it was already stated that cgc would not be doing all the remakes they originally planned. Sounds like they are moving towards original titles.

#1838 2 years ago

If only 3 remakes, I guess it would be TOM, CC and Totan:
- easy to license, no widebody cabinets, no need to emulate the new (= Capcom) system

Hopefully that's not the case though! Bring on WMS IJ, TZ and BBB!!!

#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Thought it was already stated that cgc would not be doing all the remakes they originally planned. Sounds like they are moving towards original titles.

I was told they are doing 6 in total now, so after CC (if that is what it is) - then 2 more after that.

#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I was told they are doing 6 in total now, so after CC (if that is what it is) - then 2 more after that.

TOM is after CC

#1841 2 years ago

Nice! How do we know this?

#1842 2 years ago

6 @ 1 every 2-3 years...some of their target audience will be in nursing homes or dead by the time they get there..

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

6 @ 1 every 2-3 years...some of their target audience will be in nursing homes or dead by the time they get there..

3 made and 1 about to pop means only 2 left . I sorta doubt it takes 6 years to get the next 2 out but I’m just guessing .

#1844 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I agree. The new versions are truly superior in every way.

Let’s not get to carried away here, lots that I love about the remakes, but my buddies HEP restored original MM seemed and played “truly superior” to my MMr “in every way” to me. The biggest thing is that the flippers never felt right on my Mmr, Afmr or Mbr, my hope is that CGC can correct this in the next title.

#1845 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Let’s not get to carried away here, lots that I love about the remakes, but my buddies HEP restored original MM seemed and played “truly superior” to my MMr “in every way” to me.

I've heard many people state that the originals play much better. I tend to agree with this.

#1846 2 years ago

TOM next after CC? Surprising to me; of the unlicensed themes, TOM doesn’t seem as rare and doesn’t seem to draw the price that TOTAN or CV do.

…and I have an original (so hoping against a remake!)…pretty much cause it was the only one in this batch that I could get for under $7k

#1847 2 years ago

Let’s not get to carried away here, lots that I love about the remakes, but my buddies HEP restored original MM seemed and played “truly superior” to my MMr “in every way” to me. The biggest thing is that the flippers never felt right on my Mmr, Afmr or Mbr, my hope is that CGC can correct this in the next title.

I had a restored MM and a MMRLE sitting right next to one another for about a year....I really couldn't tell the difference...nor could the dozens of people who played the game

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had a restored MM and a MMRLE sitting right next to one another for about a year....I really couldn't tell the difference...nor could the dozens of people who played the game

OT: this will be last post on the subject here as I know this is not the appropriate thread for this discussion... As for the remake flippers i agree with Crazy Levi (see link below) the stroke of the flipper on the remake is different/shorter and it makes the game play differently... if your interested see explanation (which I agree with) in first post here...

Now back to remake discussions.. bring on BBBr

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-talk-about-cgc-remake-flippers-

#1849 2 years ago

They may look the same but they are not. The boards are different and the way the electronics are set up is different. Let one of those massive boards take a shit and see what that costs. The remakes feel more like a Stern than a W/B, not that Sterns are bad. I would much rather have a old W/B than a redo. That is my opinion, yours may vary.

#1850 2 years ago

The distributor I go with said in an email hopefully soon. I wish I knew what that meant and it is possible they don’t know and are hoping as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/37?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.