4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 48.
#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

This thread is heating up, Is starting to feel like news may be imminent![quoted image]

Why would Nedry eat this?

#1702 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Why would Nedry eat this?

Because he's rooting for Jurassic Park.

LTG : )

#1703 2 years ago

Why do people think you need to say TPA after IJ?

IJ is the first it stands on its own as IJ

Anything else would need qualifications like IJ4 or Stern IJ.

EFC5A2C8-9208-401B-9ACC-C763C932B86B (resized).pngEFC5A2C8-9208-401B-9ACC-C763C932B86B (resized).png

#1704 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

If I remember correctly, it was called IJ TPA even before the Stern version.

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

this trademark filing isn't for TV. It's for pinball games, exclusively. it provides no protection outside of that specific use. (see below)

nope. can't do that with trademarks. it's impossible to "warehouse" them like you could domains or twitter handles. It has to be bona fide use in commerce to qualify for registration. CBS is too sophisticated, especially on IP, to do something like that randomly. https://www.cohnlg.com/trademark-use-in-commerce-heres-how-it-works/
It's TZ. It's happening. But let's put ourselves in CGC's position.
1. We want to make a rad machine
2. We think it should be TZ or CCr.
3. MBr didn't sell great, or as great as MMr.
4. Let's do TZ.
5. Call CBS because PPS says they don't 100% of rights.
6. CBS says we own it all but will license the IP, including the trademark.
7. CBS realizes they have no TZ trademark, for PINBALL USE, to license, so they file at or near same time as deal signed with CGC.
8. Sign deal.
9. Start to make TZ.
10. We are delayed by covid.
11. CBS says okay, we can't finish the trademark until it sells. We'll extend our submission to the USPTO. Send us over a picture when it launches and we can formalize the registration with the USPTO.
(You are here in the timeline.)
12. CGC continues building.
13. CGC releases TZ.
14. CBS files the evidence of use to the USPTO and finalizes the trademark.
15. Big profit for CGC and pin community.
I might be wrong, but again, I ask how do you reconcile the trademark filing, and especially the extension?
[quoted image]

Cool stuff indeed!!!

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have a loaner Twilight Zone here. It's a good game but it's not 3 times as good as the Judge Dredd that's sitting next to it. I wouldn't buy one i don't think.

Chances are if you like TAF you will like TZ. Give TZ a good go while you have it there. JD is a very good under rated game.

Chances are PPS and CGC will not make any wide body games. This has been said many times so enjoy the BW wide bodies while you have them.

#1707 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Chances are if you like TAF you will like TZ. Give TZ a good go while you have it there. JD is a very good under rated game.
Chances are PPS and CGC will not make any wide body games. This has been said many times so enjoy the BW wide bodies while you have them.

Yeah i've enjoyed having it here, but moved it from up the front. The only machine i've ever made wizard mode on and got there in 2 weeks. Never played Addams family.

#1708 2 years ago

40 posts + still no news !

#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah i've enjoyed having it here, but moved it from up the front. The only machine i've ever made wizard mode on and got there in 2 weeks. Never played Addams family.

I wish CGC would remake TAF, we would buy one straight away. We have an original and love it. We are about to do a full resto on it as I do not hold out much hope for a TAF remake.

#1710 2 years ago

I wish CGC would remake TAF, we would buy one straight away. We have an original and love it. We are about to do a full resto on it as I do not hold out much hope for a TAF remake.</blockquote

I'll take anything they remake as I wasn't quite in the financial position I wanted to be in on the first 3 remakes sadly, if all of the first 3 were still available new to order now; ide buy them all. I would love a TAF

#1711 2 years ago

Just keep an eye out for when CGC are going to make some more and order through Wayne @ Mr Pinball.

#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

40 posts + still no news !

Check out the next spooky pin thread. 40 post in probably an hour lol

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

this trademark filing isn't for TV. It's for pinball games, exclusively. it provides no protection outside of that specific use. (see below)

nope. can't do that with trademarks. it's impossible to "warehouse" them like you could domains or twitter handles. It has to be bona fide use in commerce to qualify for registration. CBS is too sophisticated, especially on IP, to do something like that randomly. https://www.cohnlg.com/trademark-use-in-commerce-heres-how-it-works/
It's TZ. It's happening. But let's put ourselves in CGC's position.
1. We want to make a rad machine
2. We think it should be TZ or CCr.
3. MBr didn't sell great, or as great as MMr.
4. Let's do TZ.
5. Call CBS because PPS says they don't 100% of rights.
6. CBS says we own it all but will license the IP, including the trademark.
7. CBS realizes they have no TZ trademark, for PINBALL USE, to license, so they file at or near same time as deal signed with CGC.
8. Sign deal.
9. Start to make TZ.
10. We are delayed by covid.
11. CBS says okay, we can't finish the trademark until it sells. We'll extend our submission to the USPTO. Send us over a picture when it launches and we can formalize the registration with the USPTO.
(You are here in the timeline.)
12. CGC continues building.
13. CGC releases TZ.
14. CBS files the evidence of use to the USPTO and finalizes the trademark.
15. Big profit for CGC and pin community.
I might be wrong, but again, I ask how do you reconcile the trademark filing, and especially the extension?
[quoted image]

I still think it will be CC based on the talk so far. But TZ would be great as well. I’m in 100% no matter what. Except for PTC. Sorry Lloyd! Haha!

#1714 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You have to adjust the setup for all the old B/W route games. The default set up is too easy for home use (except maybe shadow). With TZ, you should crank up the pf angle, open the outlanes, turn off (or nerf) extra balls, and set the robot, camera and other achievement settings to the most difficult.

When you make these types of adjustments, the old B\W games shine their brightest in a home environment.

TZ isn't three judge dredds, but it is easily 2!

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:I still think it will be CC based on the talk so far.

Where did these rumors come from? Is this something that kaneda made up a while ago and kept repeating because there's been no news to contradict him?

#1716 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Where did these rumors come from? Is this something that kaneda made up a while ago and kept repeating because there's been no news to contradict him?

Haha I’m going buy what my distributor has said. Not sure where the information is coming from. Who knows! Maybe it won’t be CC.

#1717 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Haha I’m going buy what my distributor has said. Not sure where the information is coming from. Who knows!

Funny you mention that.

A rumor many years ago was posted on RGP. And five weeks later a distributor told someone the same thing. So that person wanted to know what does that tell you ?

I posted it means it takes five weeks for a rumor to get from RGP to your distributor.

Rumor wasn't true.

#1718 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

There’s another IJ besides Williams?

#1719 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Funny you mention that.
A rumor many years ago was posted on RGP. And five weeks later a distributor told someone the same thing. So that person wanted to know what does that tell you ?
I posted it means it takes five weeks for a rumor to get from RGP to your distributor.
Rumor wasn't true.

Good point!

67E5F4BF-67AA-4018-AF09-F3BEAE20E27E (resized).jpeg67E5F4BF-67AA-4018-AF09-F3BEAE20E27E (resized).jpeg
#1720 2 years ago

It makes almost no sense for a TZ remake. It's such a common pin already and it would be costly to reproduce. Having said that, the next game probably is TZr because I already own a mint original.

#1721 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It makes almost no sense for a TZ remake. It's such a common pin already and it would be costly to reproduce. Having said that, the next game probably is TZr because I already own a mint original.

Agree, but if they make one I'd buy it. If I'm going to pay 8-10k for a TZ it may as well be a brand new pimped out one.

#1722 2 years ago

From afar, it looks like CGC had a change of plans at some point that might have put them on a different schedule. Maybe CCr was next but at some point other priorities took over. I have a feeling that the low production pins like CCr had the most priority at one time, but the market has changed a lot in the last few years, they'd have to see that IJ TPA is rising in value and demand fast. Seems like the most scammed title regarding fake sales than any other machine. Maybe they have an original pin in the works, seems to be some implication of that.

#1723 2 years ago

From afar, it looks like CGC had a change of plans at some point that might have put them on a different schedule. Maybe CCr was next but at some point other priorities took over. I have a feeling that the low production pins like CCr had the most priority at one time, but the market has changed a lot in the last few years, they'd have to see that IJ TPA is rising in value and demand fast. Seems like the most scammed title regarding fake sales than any other machine. Maybe they have an original pin in the works, seems to be some implication of that.

And the supposed collab with Spooky too...

#1724 2 years ago

This thread should be merged with "The nothing thread" , nothing new here for ages.

#1725 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Right. It's a widebody and from what I understand that is a major production change. On top of that it's a loaded pf that would have to be one of the most expensive pins to reproduce. You have to deal with extra licensing and it was never on the list of pins CGC planned to remake. TAF would be better choice for reproducing licensed pins. Most popular pin ever.

#1726 2 years ago

Maybe its the Cactus Canyon playfield with a TZ re-theme??!

#1727 2 years ago

It's definitely more than a one game announcement when that announcement comes.

#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

This thread should be merged with "The nothing thread"

Nothing to here, "Move Along, Move Along"

#1729 2 years ago

Arent there a ton of TZs out there to buy already?

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Nothing to see here, "Move Along, Move Along"

#1731 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Right. It's a widebody and from what I understand that is a major production change. On top of that it's a loaded pf that would have to be one of the most expensive pins to reproduce. You have to deal with extra licensing and it was never on the list of pins CGC planned to remake. TAF would be better choice for reproducing licensed pins. Most popular pin ever.

Normally when someone brings up a widebody remake, LTG explains why it won't happen. But it has been mentioned 3-4 times in the last week and he hasn't shot it down yet........

#1732 2 years ago

It's definitely more than a one game announcement when that announcement comes.

What makes you think that? The time between the games?
Would be interesting for sure!
Would have to make a tough choice, or listen to my wife say “you said you were only buying one more this year!”

#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have a loaner Twilight Zone here. It's a good game but it's not 3 times as good as the Judge Dredd that's sitting next to it. I wouldn't buy one i don't think.

My $1500 Tag Team is 10x more fun than my MM was.

#1734 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Normally when someone brings up a widebody remake, LTG explains why it won't happen. But it has been mentioned 3-4 times in the last week and he hasn't shot it down yet........

Please allow me.

BANG

#1735 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please allow me.
BANG

So it’s BBBr??

Sorry LTG we are getting desperate for clues in here!

#1736 2 years ago

It's CCr. I don't think the title will be the surprise part of it.

#1737 2 years ago

Hold on CC and IJ have guns in them. So LTG is saying it's CCr and IJr being released next.

Buy both and you get first in line access to buy the PTC out next year

#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Hold on CC and IJ have guns in them. So LTG is saying it's CCr and IJr being released next.
Buy both and you get first in line access to buy the PTC out next year

And Dirty Harry.

#1739 2 years ago

Fast fact. Dirty Harry and IJ TPA use the same gun handle shooter assembly.

#1740 2 years ago

They are going to build RAZA for DR

#1741 2 years ago

Dirty Indiana is the next title.

#1742 2 years ago

How do you think I feel ?

My business could use a new machine right now. It would really help in recovering from last year.

I'd like to know what ? So remake or independent title, I can start studying up to be able to help people better.

I'd like to know when ? For same reasons above.

#1743 2 years ago

I hope they make TZ someday. It's the only remake I want to buy.

#1744 2 years ago

What would be more expensive TZ or Adam's Family.
Hell I thought Monster Bash would of beat out TZ in expense factor.
At this point I think PP could take any of the System 11 / WPC era games and modularize them
where you could simply swap out PF's and update a SD card code and boom money making empire.

Make the process so damn easy to swap out a PF, update the code via wireless and monitor your machines
via Wireless Cell network. Big problems solved for operators and home owners. New era pinball. Reduce
the space that it takes to manage multiple tables and reduce the shipping cost of new games. If I could just
own a base cabinet systems and just swap playfields out without carting the cabinets around and still have
that classic pinball feel big win. Just don't do it like Multimorphic. There has to be a way.

#1745 2 years ago

So it’s BBBr??

MDsx0S6 (resized).jpgMDsx0S6 (resized).jpg

#1746 2 years ago

Ben Heck was just on Kaneda's most recent podcast and basically confirmed the next game is Cactus Canyon. He should have some kind of inside info since he is working with them on an upcoming independent title.

#1747 2 years ago

They are going to have to do something 'cont' or slightly different to lure me into CC. Though I love shooting random drop targets in Hurry up and hell that Steam engine always made my day.

#1748 2 years ago

Does anyone know if they plan to make more MMs or AFMs? Guessing no one knows, but I’m curious. Would love to buy a classic edition of either title.

#1749 2 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Ben Heck was just on Kaneda's most recent podcast and basically confirmed the next game is Cactus Canyon. He should have some kind of inside info since he is working with them on an upcoming independent title.

Yup. I'm thinking that patent for TZ could be related to the Arcade 1UP or other recent virtual pinball releases.

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Does anyone know if they plan to make more MMs or AFMs? Guessing no one knows, but I’m curious. Would love to buy a classic edition of either title.

Those titles are better than original in my opinion. I'm actually regretting selling my MonsterBaseh LE lately but only have so much room at home.
AFMRLE and MMR Royal Edition are here to stay. Love the hell out of both.. Going to keep them until I am physically unable to play pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

6,999 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
17,250 (OBO)
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 209.00
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.