4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 48.
#51 5 years ago

Wh20 is the best of the games listed so I’d have to be honest and go with that even though I already have a nice one and a remake would devalue it

#52 5 years ago

I voted Other. They shouldn't limit themselves to DMD-era games; how about some System 11 games? Black Knight 2000... They could probably offer them at a lower price - not all new games have to be $6k+.

#53 5 years ago

While I'm more privy to BBBr being made next, it wouldn't matter to me with CCr either. CGC seems to do remakes justice. I can only imagine what the higher resolution Color DMD Dots would look like on BBBr.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Already being done by circus Maximus

Circus Maximus is looking for a manufacturer.
Taken from update today,
“Manufacturing Plans
We believe we may have found a manufacturing partner for both Kingpin and Python's Pinball Circus. Discussions are ongoing as we continue to work towards a more firm agreement, but the discussions have been promising.”

#55 5 years ago

Probably ToM

But it could be hard to say, depends on how well MB sells... if it sells well, and they get enough capital, they can either take on bigger BOM projects, or expand their capabilities and up their production rates. TZ once was the standard we all wanted in our pins... toys, modes, and deeper rules. Nowadays it getting harder to gauge the market because it is full of all kinds of players, operators, and collectors, from all eras, early EM, Early SS, ‘90’s BW, current lot. One thing is most likely, it will be a BW, more than likely from the 90’s, and will get a facelift on dots, gi, and a topper, but Captain Obvious could have told you that.

If I had my wish fulfilled, by any manufacturer, it would be to do a modern update to Bally’s Fireball... use the theme, keep the table layout and disk, update the ball locks with maybe a scoop on the left and some other god themed toy lock on the right. Keep the kicker, use a standard inlane flipper arrangement with center up post instead of zipper flippers. Add an up/down ramp at the skill shot exit that lets ball roll under when the ball exits the skill shot, or can be lowered to allow a shot from left flipper to make the ramp and go above the upper arch to the left side of the playfield then downfield to a diverter that sends ball to left or right inlane. Expand the ruleset, add a bunch of modes and dmd dots or lcd display and an RGB “melt your eyes” light show. Yeah... this.

#56 5 years ago

Thanks for the info, I thought this agreement was in place. Sorry for the misinfo, hope they succeed in their venture. I've followed it from the beginning and they are great guys that can get this done for sure.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

Circus Maximus is looking for a manufacturer.
Taken from update today,
“Manufacturing Plans
We believe we may have found a manufacturing partner for both Kingpin and Python's Pinball Circus. Discussions are ongoing as we continue to work towards a more firm agreement, but the discussions have been promising.”

#57 5 years ago

What I wish (hardly):BBB
What I think it will be: CC..or another one I don’t care

#58 5 years ago

The only remake I'd ever be interested in is a brand new mint IJr! All the extra things they could add to that pin! And those HD Dots!!!

Day 1 purchase for me.

#59 5 years ago

I don't understand why CC is getting the votes.. if they can't do the CCC code or any major changes as stated in previous post by the CGC.. It's an underwhelming experience.

#60 5 years ago

I cast my vote for CC for the obvious reasons, HOWEVER I would not be surprised if they actually come out with BBB. The reason for this is simple; it has a kind of cult status. Face it - it is the Holy Grail of pinball. Licensing should not be an issue as Capcom is still sitting on the rights, which aren't generating them any money (contrary to what some people believe, Gene does not OWN the rights for BBB), there's certainly fervent demand for the game and a market to sell it to. I don't see them doing ToM or WH20 just because I think they're going with the post-WPC89 flow for now (easier to manufacture all the new boards if they stick to one generation? Just thinking out loud). BBB would go against this trend, but I'm sure it'd be worth the hassle. TOTAN is certainly a possibility, but my money is on CC just because there's less than 1000 of them out there (and as a TOTAN owner I'd rather to see some downward pressure on CC prices).

#61 5 years ago

I'd buy a CCr in a heartbeat ... That game is rad .

#62 5 years ago

CC will likely be next but not for me. The game just does not excite or even interest me. I have an AFMR LE and a MBR LE on order and I would love to add TOM or IJR next.

#63 5 years ago

It's T2. The licensing costs are low and they hardly made any of them so buyers are all chomping at the bit for one.

#64 5 years ago

I voted for TOTAN. Love that game and nice ones are $$$.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

The only remake I'd ever be interested in is a brand new mint IJr! All the extra things they could add to that pin! And those HD Dots!!!
Day 1 purchase for me.

+1

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Day 1 purchase for me.

I’m in as well!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It's T2. The licensing costs are low and they hardly made any of them so buyers are all chomping at the bit for one.

Common Abbreviations: T2
MPU: Williams WPC (Dot Matrix)
Type: Solid State Electronic (SS) [?]
Production: 15,202 units (confirmed)
Serial Number Database: View at The Internet Pinball Serial Number Database (IPSND.net) (External site)
Theme: Celebrities - Fictional - Licensed Theme
Notable Features: Flippers (2), Pop

15k units not a lot??

#68 5 years ago

If its CCr, player should be able to unholster the six gun and shoot the DMD for vid mode . . .

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Common Abbreviations: T2
MPU: Williams WPC (Dot Matrix)
Type: Solid State Electronic (SS) [?]
Production: 15,202 units (confirmed)
Serial Number Database: View at The Internet Pinball Serial Number Database (IPSND.net) (External site)
Theme: Celebrities - Fictional - Licensed Theme
Notable Features: Flippers (2), Pop
15k units not a lot??

The sarcasm went right over your head

#70 5 years ago

CCr would be awesome but with the track record of CGC keeping to original code and original game play, I dont see CC getting the needed code completeion to be done right. That being said bring on BBBr!

#71 5 years ago

Why do I still feel Totan or TOM or yes, even AF or TZ will be the next CGCr? Because ‘90’s BW pins are what people want, and anyone who has ever played a CC knows that unless you complete the code, it’s shallower than a rain puddle. They can make a lot of money off me by doing ‘90’s pins. Especially if they keep redoing and doubling dots and adding RGB LED GI and premium custom sculpted and light-show-worthy lit toppers. I would love a CFTBL, HSIITG, but not WDI or any Pin2k titles. WH2O I cant stand, but there are a lot of players who love it. TS is also a great title, but hopefully they never ever redo PSTW or JohnnyNerotic or Commode Show.

#72 5 years ago

What's all this about the code for CC being incomplete? Would anyone mind bringing me out of the dark?

#73 5 years ago

I just heard from a reliable source next game is swep1!

#74 5 years ago

At the PHOF a few years ago, CC really connected with my wife and I. Granted it's a little different in a home environment but we only put a few hundred plays a year on all our pins combined so I doubt it will be much of a concern for us.

CC, TAF, and IJ are probably all that is left as far as remakes that we would be down to purchase.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

CC, TAF, and IJ are probably all that is left as far as remakes that we would be down to purchase.

Wouldn't put my money on TAF. 20,000 units plus lots of licensing (definitely Paramount and SG, actors?). I think they're going to focus on the low number games.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

What's all this about the code for CC being incomplete? Would anyone mind bringing me out of the dark?

Williams pulled it from production early to put Pinball 2000 into production, so the CC's that were built went out with incomplete code.

#77 5 years ago

I wonder if all the people hoping for BBB have actually played it. I don't think it's awful by any means but I certainly wouldn't consider it a great game. I really think its hype is driven by rarity (somewhat similar to CC) rather than being a game people actually want to play....and shell out $6-8k to buy. Or maybe others just like it a lot more than I do.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

I wonder if all the people hoping for BBB have actually played it. I don't think it's awful by any means but I certainly wouldn't consider it a great game. I really think its hype is driven by rarity (somewhat similar to CC) rather than being a game people actually want to play....and shell out $6-8k to buy. Or maybe others just like it a lot more than I do.

I've played it, it's awesome. People who own one like to say that it's only good cuz it's rare as they don't wanna see the value tumble. Nah, it was remade once because it's a cool game. It's just as good as any of the late 90's Williams games. Like MB, the "shallow code myth" is just that, a myth. BBB is just super fun, oozing personality, has great art and fun features and toys.

A CGC version would be awesome, as it would be better than the original and much cheaper.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

It cld use some polish and some fixes/balances but overall its no shallower than the mb code from my experience .

#80 5 years ago

Monster Bash has been in the works at CGC for about 3 years. I have a friend that works there. The next game is Cactus Canyon.

#81 5 years ago

BBB would be my vote. It looks amazing and CGC would make it look even better. They would have to do a lot of tweaking to the game so that’s probably not going to happen.

#82 5 years ago

CC is a fun game and I don’t see the lack of code. Anybody care to explain what CCC added to it? The gun fights alone make this game fun and great.

#83 5 years ago

Has anyone actually played a real CC in here?

Who says its not shallow? Because it gets pretty boring pretty quick... There are a couple that float around here from collection to collection... I have played several in my travels, and it shows up at Expo. My take? Wood chopper. You pretty much get to see everything it has to offer within a day of play. I hope to heck they update the rules if CGC is doing CC, they will regret it without a code update. I would definitely be out on a non updated CCr and I’m not talking Creedence here either.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've played it, it's awesome. People who own one like to say that it's only good cuz it's rare as they don't wanna see the value tumble. Nah, it was remade once because it's a cool game. It's just as good as any of the late 90's Williams games. Like MB, the "shallow code myth" is just that, a myth. BBB is just super fun, oozing personality, has great art and fun features and toys.
A CGC version would be awesome, as it would be better than the original and much cheaper.

The look, the audio, the humour all remind me of Douglas Adams' Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

#85 5 years ago

Being a BBB owner at one time I can say its one of the coolest games of all of pinball. The Art, DOTs, Sounds, Music and lighting are amazingly well done. Its of medium difficulty like that of SS. CGC would not need have to do "a lot" of tweaks to the code up to par. If the DOTS get the Hi-Res & colorization treatment as their other titles it would only be icing on the cake.

#86 5 years ago

I Have a CCC. The difference between CC and CCC is night and day. Continued is a must have for any CC owner. Just one example: CCC must have thousands of sounds. Sounds from: MM, SS, AFM, TAF, ES, FH, MB, CV, all due to its Tribute Modes. The game has the best sound of any W/B game due to the way Continued is run (PRock/PC and Lepy Amp) Matter of Fact it would rival CGC’s new setup. There are a lot of new modes on Continued over the original code. I just can’t see CGC topping CCC with any new code unless they add video modes or interactive toys (guns) I am eagerly waiting to see what they come up with.

#87 5 years ago

I would say ToM but they can be had for less than a NiB game. I’d have to go with CC.

#88 5 years ago

It has to be CCCr

I have been imagining how awesome CGC's enhancements would be on this.

As per this video the only thing lacking is dots and lighting.

With CGC skill and quality CCC would be next level.

CGC LED lighting and a rad topper would be so cool, and no need to have physical spinning revolvers, some clever lighting could bring the apron pistols to life.

The cap it off the enhanced display and shaker would rock.

Cowboys and Aliens at 6m is my favorite mode, and Drunk multiball at 7m is cool too.

CGC , I hope you gonna go for it and get the Continued Code, perhaps even build on it a little if required ?

Best seller for CGC with modern tech...........Bring it on !

https://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php/New_Things_in_..._Continued

Last of the incredible WPC95's

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

It has to be CCCr

As much as I agree, This will never happen. They are going to have to come up with their own code. What I hear is that they are using the guy that did the original code to finish it. We will see... In order to use Continued, they would have to radically deviate from their Remake design for boards and hardware. Too much money to do that. Not happening IMHO. I still think it will be awhile before we see CCr.

#90 5 years ago

Dont be surprised if the next title isnt TAFrLE, with a VERY (ha ha, yeah, heard that one before) limited run. 1000 machines total. Priced at a $1k above current pricepoint. So classic at $7k, SE at $8K and LE at $9K. Why? Because people will pay 9k for a NIB Addams, especially if it comes blinged to the max like CGC have been doing. And that price point STILL beats a 10K pricetag for a rehabbed or reworked original, or even just a good clean HUO Addams. The market is holding right now for CGC... pinheads crave the ‘90’s Willy DMD era machines and TAF has been holding its value on the resale market. If they can sell 1000 AFMr, they can easily sell another 1000 TAF. My wife would greenlight a TAFrPLE or TAFrDLE or TAFrULE or any other exclusive flavor of Platinum, Diamond, Unobtainium or (as would seem appropriate) TAFrTVE, or as Gomez would say “Ah, Straight to the Vault!!!”

#91 5 years ago

I would think BBBr before a TAF but what do I know?

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Dont be surprised if the next title isnt TAFrLE, with a VERY (ha ha, yeah, heard that one before) limited run. 1000 machines total. Priced at a $1k above current pricepoint. So classic at $7k, SE at $8K and LE at $9K. Why? Because people will pay 9k for a NIB Addams, especially if it comes blinged to the max like CGC have been doing. And that price point STILL beats a 10K pricetag for a rehabbed or reworked original, or even just a good clean HUO Addams. The market is holding right now for CGC... pinheads crave the ‘90’s Willy DMD era machines and TAF has been holding its value on the resale market. If they can sell 1000 AFMr, they can easily sell another 1000 TAF. My wife would greenlight a TAFrPLE or TAFrDLE or TAFrULE or any other exclusive flavor of Platinum, Diamond, Unobtainium or (as would seem appropriate) TAFrTVE, or as Gomez would say “Ah, Straight to the Vault!!!”

Restored MM was selling for $20k. CGC sold MMr for $8k

Restored AFM & MB were selling for $10-$15k. CGC sold the LE’s for $8k and the other editions CHEAPER.

There are FAR MORE TAF’s in existence than those other games, so it’s doubtful that’s a priority remake...but if they did, why would they raise the price? CGC so far is the anti-Stern. They haven’t raised prices each game. When the games are designed already, their development process has to be SO much cheaper than Stern. They’re probably doing very well selling the games at their current price structure while offering a striking “value” alternative to the competition.

#93 5 years ago

@rarehero, you could be right, and may well be right but...

CGC’s rep at Expo was eager- no, let me put it a better way, he got a bit more agitated every time somebody would off hand just dismiss TAF as a viable remake, especially when the conversation was circling around which title would be the next remake. They have their eye on it... whether it is next or not. There are pinheads now who have found money and don't have a lot of time to give to their hobby other than playing pinball. You know there are ops and old farts on here taking those very same rich pinheads to the cleaners as they bottom feed on operator cast offs and rework them into some shiny refreshed turds (not lumping all ops or restorers in this, there are some really sweet remanufactured TAF’s out there)
Put a little time and effort in to polish 25 years of patina off a 25 year old machine and it will play like brand new... for a while. Then the gremlins start chewing on the wiring and all that money they thought they spent to give them a problem free colletors piece turns into even more money keeping it running.

Now they get the chance to buy a copy that is BETTER (in percieved options, maybe not quality, but time will tell if CGC’s quality will hold up) and cheeper than a reworked 25 year old machine. Why wouldnt they want a NIB TAF?

That 20k production number keeps popping up when this is discussed, yet no one knows for sure how many of that original 20k are still viable machines. And no way of knowing either except by price on an existing machine. Anyone seen a TAF project machine go for less than $4000?, because you add $2000 in parts and $2000 in labor and you could still sell it for the $8k you got in it and break even. $9000 and you make a $1000 and $10k you make $2k profit...

So yeah, my opinion is CGC is looking really hard at that market right now because the supply of project machines has fallen off, and people still want TAF in their game rooms and to be honest I bet there are operators that wouldn’t mind a couple of base models to put on route right now...

#94 5 years ago

Next game will be TOM.

#95 5 years ago

@arcademojo,
Is that an opinion, prognostication, or inside scoop? Inquiring minds want to know?

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

arcademojo,
Is that an opinion, prognostication, or inside scoop? Inquiring minds want to know?

Granted he didn’t write a 10 paragraph article like you did I speculate his guess is as legitimate as yours. Lol

#97 5 years ago

Have you guys played CC????

As a past owner, honestly, it's the worst game on the list.

CCC is much more fun, but PPS is never going to touch that with a 1000 foot pole.

#98 5 years ago

Well, here’s my opinion for what it’s worth. Since the beginning of the remakes, I’ve figured that we were looking at: MM, AFM, MB, and CC. I wasn’t in pinball back in the day, but even I could figure out the sequence to some degree. Economics, popularity, production numbers, rankings, fun factor, licensing, same licensee, same system, all pointed in this direction. Though you might flip flop the order of CC and MB, my bet is 80/20 that CC is next. After that, all bets are off IMHO.

Several options are available. 1. Jump to Capcon with BBB, easy money; 2. Dive deeper into Williams with the ‘B+’ titles: TAF, TZ, SS, TOM, CV, TOTAN, FH, WHO20, etc. 3. The popular Wildcards like Champion Pup or Dracula.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Several options are available. 1. Jump to Capcon with BBB

Williams actually bought the rights to BBB back in the 90s (and built a single specimen from B/W parts), so it's possible Scientific Games already owns it.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

rarehero, you could be right, and may well be right but...
CGC’s rep at Expo was eager- no, let me put it a better way, he got a bit more agitated every time somebody would off hand just dismiss TAF as a viable remake, especially when the conversation was circling around which title would be the next remake. They have their eye on it... whether it is next or not. There are pinheads now who have found money and don't have a lot of time to give to their hobby other than playing pinball. You know there are ops and old farts on here taking those very same rich pinheads to the cleaners as they bottom feed on operator cast offs and rework them into some shiny refreshed turds (not lumping all ops or restorers in this, there are some really sweet remanufactured TAF’s out there)
Put a little time and effort in to polish 25 years of patina off a 25 year old machine and it will play like brand new... for a while. Then the gremlins start chewing on the wiring and all that money they thought they spent to give them a problem free colletors piece turns into even more money keeping it running.
Now they get the chance to buy a copy that is BETTER (in percieved options, maybe not quality, but time will tell if CGC’s quality will hold up) and cheeper than a reworked 25 year old machine. Why wouldnt they want a NIB TAF?
That 20k production number keeps popping up when this is discussed, yet no one knows for sure how many of that original 20k are still viable machines. And no way of knowing either except by price on an existing machine. Anyone seen a TAF project machine go for less than $4000?, because you add $2000 in parts and $2000 in labor and you could still sell it for the $8k you got in it and break even. $9000 and you make a $1000 and $10k you make $2k profit...
So yeah, my opinion is CGC is looking really hard at that market right now because the supply of project machines has fallen off, and people still want TAF in their game rooms and to be honest I bet there are operators that wouldn’t mind a couple of base models to put on route right now...

I’m not saying they won’t do it, I’m taking issue with your encouragement to raise the price. They haven’t done it yet, which is a good sign. When people on Pinside goad companies into selling for even more than the current insane prices, it’s a bizarre move. We’re the customers here - why would we encourage price hikes? Knock it off, yo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/2?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.