4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 48.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

What makes you think that anyone in these companies would give a crap about pinball? Heck, they probably have no idea what the part are even for.

I would think someone in Chi town would cold call all the injection molding companies pretending to be CGC and say “we have an updated version of the locomotive toy/Bad Bart that needs to be uploaded and could they speak to the CGC contract rep... if they go “Huh? WTF?” , you just hang up. If they go “wait one second, I’ll get him...“ you got your answer. Not that this is how the private detectives would do it, but it’s probably close. At least that is what I would do if I lived in Chicago.

#1252 3 years ago

I make a widget in Utah, he makes a widget in Saskatoon, next thing you know, full on death machine.

#1253 3 years ago

Just playing Black Rose again and think it is a fantastic game apart from dot matrix animation.
This would make an ideal remake as they could really weave some magic

#1254 3 years ago

Does anyone think CGC will ever remake classics like 8 Ball Deluxe?

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Does anyone think CGC will ever remake classics like 8 Ball Deluxe?

No. People may hope for older games. With remakes winding down and independent titles coming. I don't see it happening.

LTG : )

#1256 3 years ago

This is just my opinion so go ahead and blast me for it, but I think CGC is NUTS to be heading into new game development. I own an MMR CE and a Stranger Things Premium. I paid more for the MMR, and when I look at the BOM for each game I gotta believe the MMR was 2-5x more profitable for CGC than the STh was for Stern.

MMR starts with finished design and code (they pay PPS something for all the work that Williams did). They developed colored dots (which they charged everybody $400 extra for), they developed a PCB with embedded white LED’s to reduce assembly labor, everything above the Playfield is 1997 tech. And they have a ready-to-spend market waiting for them.

Stern had to pay Netflix, the Duffer Brothers, David Harbour. They paid Brian Eddy, et al, to design, code, etc. They have color changing LED’s, a projector, a large HD monitor and 2020 tech throughout. There have been about 10 code updates in the year that the game’s been released. All of which sounds expensive to me.

Why does CGC want to mess with all that when they have so many people (like me) who’d be excited to shell out $6-9K for a brand new reliable version of TOM, WH20, CV, TOTAN. Not to mention the licensed themes.

New games are great, but we need CGC to focus on getting more remakes out there. 25 year old machines are too old for the average person to keep running.

It’s a win-win... CGC will be more profitable and we’ll have more modern remakes of the classic 90’s Bally/Williams pins.

#1257 3 years ago

CGC needs to pump out more MMrs before they put a new game on the line

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

CGC needs to pump out more

Of something...

#1259 3 years ago

Not sure what they are thinking because if they made more MM they would sell them. Does CGC want to be a pinball manufacturer or not?

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure what they are thinking because if they made more MM they would sell them. Does CGC want to be a pinball manufacturer or not?

Seems to me that CGC was pretty successful before they even waded into pinball manufacturing, so maybe that's why they don't appear to be in a rush.

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

appear to be in a rush.

?????????????????????????????

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

CGC needs to pump out more

Secrecy

#1263 3 years ago

Do you think they will make/sell anymore MMr (Royal Edition)? I would like to find one preferable NIB at the MSRP.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Do you think they will make/sell anymore MMr (Royal Edition)? I would like to find one preferable NIB at the MSRP.

My guess is they will make them again. They were selling AFMRLE's with all the same upgrades (+ a better topper) for $8K so at $10K its clearly their most profitable game to date.

#1265 3 years ago

Do you think WWF Royal Rumble is going to be remade?! That would be the best wide-body remake to go after....Ohhh Yeeaaah

#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No. They don’t want to be a pinball company. They want to be a manufacturer with a pinball division which is exactly what they are.

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

From memory I don’t think they said they were capping the number of MMr Royal editions.

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

This is just my opinion so go ahead and blast me for it,

I would never blast you for your opinion.

The original plan was for 10 different remakes then reduced to six. I would imagine this is games they thought they could do, and sell.

So we have three to go, if they make more remakes.

They went to the work assembling a line to build pinball machines. Have trained people to do it. Got everything in cue to do it. So no reason to stop there. Dennis Nordman will finish his work for them. It was also posted on Pinside about the Ben Heck/Spooky game. And they have made other moves for a brilliant future. Butch Peel for their manuals for one thing.

So as much as we'd like to see more remakes. I believe their future definitely lies with exciting new games never seen or imagined before.

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The original plan was for 10 different remakes then reduced to six. I would imagine this is games they thought they could do, and sell.
They went to the work assembling a line to build pinball machines. Have trained people to do it. Got everything in cue to do it. So no reason to stop there. Dennis Nordman will finish his work for them. It was also posted on Pinside about the Ben Heck/Spooky game. And they have made other moves for a brilliant future. Butch Peel for their manuals for one thing.
So as much as we'd like to see more remakes. I believe their future definitely lies with exciting new games never seen or imagined before.

Hmmm 6
MM AFM MB CC &...
my guess—->TOM & TOTAN or TOM & BBB

Edit for LTG: or TOM & PTC

#1270 3 years ago

Lloyd, I would never argue with you because you are Lloyd the Great and you have helped me and everyone who has ever bought a CGC remake (not to mention JJP buyers and every other manufacturers buyers for that matter.)

I might be wrong but it seems to me there’s lots of unmined gold in remakes and it seems so much easier and cheaper for CGC to do remakes. I gotta believe a TOM remake is cheaper to produce and would sell better than the Nordman project.

I like exciting new games, but I LOVE the old games that Bally/Williams made in the 90’s. I would really LOVE those games NIB!

#1271 3 years ago

My hope. TOM and PTC !

#1272 3 years ago

What’s PTC ?

#1273 3 years ago

the infamous Punchy the Clown !

Quoted from Budman:

What’s PTC ?

#1274 3 years ago

year 3...still no new remakes. life is boring..will there be any new games, by anyone, by spring?

#1275 3 years ago

What year?

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hmmm 6
MM AFM MB CC &...
my guess—->TOM & TOTAN or TOM & BBB
Edit for LTG: or TOM & PTC

Cool!

#1278 3 years ago

202AC (After Collapse).

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

the infamous Punchy the Clown !

Fred Young's birthday today. Come on CGC. Make it happen.

Can't wait to see the topper.

#1280 3 years ago

Good question. I feel like hibernating until they release a new game. But waking up might be like being rip van winkle.

1 week later
#1281 3 years ago

NEW Podcast Alert! And it's a GREAT one!

The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 1: Tom Kopera

Host: Matt Morrison
Special Guest: Tom Kopera

TPSI Host Matt Morrison sits down with pinball creator and engineer extraordinaire Tom Kopera to discuss his work throughout the decades. Tom gives a Behind The Curtain Tour for Cactus Canyon and the thoughts about a possible remake of the title. Mr. Kopera also discusses engineering some of the iconic pinball mechanisms from the 1990's, as well as his most recent and continued work at Stern Pinball.

The Pinball Show would like to express appreciation and huge thanks to Tom Kopera for joining us. We are excited to see what he develops next! Thanks Tom!

email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
streaming: twitch.tv/thepinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-iq5qu-fb9dfc

The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpgThe Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

iconic pinball mechanisms from the 1990's, as well as his most recent and continued work at Stern Pinball.

Sorry ... agree with iconic mechs from the 90's but need help with what iconic mechs from Stern lately?

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sorry ... agree with iconic mechs from the 90's but need help with what iconic mechs from Stern lately?

Read Zachs sentence again.

"iconic pinball mechanisms from the 1990's"

COMMA (indicating new or additional info following)

"recent and continued work at Stern Pinball"

Edit: Besides that I think Elvira is nice mechanically.

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cgc said they’ll only do 6 or 10 remakes and then that’s it? Oh man, that’s kind of sad to hear. Well I hope

Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW Podcast Alert! And it's a GREAT one!
The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 1: Tom Kopera
Host: Matt Morrison
Special Guest: Tom Kopera
TPSI Host Matt Morrison sits down with pinball creator and engineer extraordinaire Tom Kopera to discuss his work throughout the decades. Tom gives a Behind The Curtain Tour for Cactus Canyon and the thoughts about a possible remake of the title. Mr. Kopera also discusses engineering some of the iconic pinball mechanisms from the 1990's, as well as his most recent and continued work at Stern Pinball.
The Pinball Show would like to express appreciation and huge thanks to Tom Kopera for joining us. We are excited to see what he develops next! Thanks Tom!
email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
streaming: twitch.tv/thepinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-iq5qu-fb9dfc
[quoted image]

still not up on ios :/ ugh waiting succcckkkkks

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Cgc said they’ll only do 6 or 10 remakes and then that’s it?

At the beginning PPS/CGC posted about 10 remakes, later 6.

My own opinion. I doubt it will change with the move to independent titles.

1 week later
#1286 3 years ago

Been pretty quiet here??

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Been pretty quiet here?

Much much too quiet ... if silence is golden ... these guys are making a fortune.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Much much too quiet ... if silence is golden ... these guys are making a fortune.

CGC has never been in a hurry to make games or bring new games to the market.

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC has never been in a hurry to make games or bring new games to the market.

Whew! Boy I am sure glad of that. I was really worried.

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

CGC needs to pump out more MMrs before they put a new game on the line

agree. I would buy a classic today.

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Whew! Boy I am sure glad of that. I was really worried.

I bet u were...

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

agree. I would buy a classic today.

I think I would order a Royal if they announced. Just have to convince myself to write the check.

#1294 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I think I would order a Royal if they announced. Just have to convince myself to write the check.

Yes, it is quite telling that there are currently 10 Pinside "Wanted" ads for MM, and only 2 Pinside "For Sale" ads (and both those ads have a sale pending).

Seems like there is still quite a market for MM machines.

#1295 3 years ago

All of the distributers I’ve looked at are sold out of all CGC pins. Likely they could sell good numbers of all three if they had stock.

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

All of the distributers I’ve looked at are sold out of all CGC pins. Likely they could sell good numbers of all three if they had stock.

I have seen a few NIB games out there but all are min $1K over MSRP.

#1297 3 years ago

Jesus, just remake BBB already!

1 week later
#1298 3 years ago

Bueller, Bueller.......

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Quoted from twinmice:

Bueller, Bueller.......

no crap. this is getting stupid. CGC really needs to get their act together. Not only are people waiting on #4 with money in hand but lots of others would buy a MMr, AFMr, or MBr right now if stock was available. I know there are still a few AFMr available but distributors are asking way above retail.

#1300 3 years ago

I’ll but a MM Royal

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/26?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.