4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 48.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yes. Churchill was a supplier to WMS back then.

Wasn't it when Stern switched to a new playfield supplier about the time they started experiencing playfield issues? I have both a Tron and Ironman from the 2010-2013 make timeframe and both playfields are still in excellent condition. No dimples or anything.

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Secondly, the topper is part of the game and the classic nostalgia that goes with it. Have they or can they figure out a way to replicate it?

NO, but I know Rick was hopeful someone could figure it out. I talked to Rick about it and all the original artwork and printing dies are not available. I even tried to contact the designer Williams used and he passed away a few years back. I said years ago the original topper will never be recreated and I am going to stick with that. If they remake Whitewater then it will have a different topper.

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

they should go all in on designing their own new pinball machines. Could become a very viable competitor to Stern.

Not at one game every 3 years ... spooky is pushing them out faster!

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wasn't it when Stern switched to a new playfield supplier about the time they started experiencing playfield issues? I have both a Tron and Ironman from the 2010-2013 make timeframe and both playfields are still in excellent condition. No dimples or anything.

Yes. In early 2016 Stern started using a different playfield manufacturer. This is when Stern started having plenty of playfield issues.

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes. In early 2016 Stern started using a different playfield manufacturer. This is when Stern started having plenty of playfield issues.

yep, CGC makes a beautiful playfield. My MBr is gorgeous.

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yep, CGC makes a beautiful playfield. My MBr is gorgeous.

Agree. Our GCG playfields are beautiful.

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Agree. Our GCG playfields are beautiful.

I’m sure they’re aged to perfection.

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m sure they’re aged to perfection.

CGC's pf's are pretty when you get them but they are not clear coated with a thick CC, and they still dimple, so I wouldn't say they are THAT much better, but they don't pool, chip or peel, so there is that. I wish they could still get the 9 ply marine plywood that they used in the 90's, that stuff was impervious to most dimpling. My MBrLE has about 2000 games on it and thanks to Franks feet the upper playfield around Frank and the center spinner shot looks like a Moon Cresta cabinet in relief. And it is the wood... the reflection off inserts is still smooth as glass, but anywhere there is wood, dimple city.

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

CGC's pf's are pretty when you get them but they are not clear coated with a thick CC, and they still dimple, so I wouldn't say they are THAT much better, but they don't pool, chip or peel, so there is that. I wish they could still get the 9 ply marine plywood that they used in the 90's, that stuff was impervious to most dimpling. My MBrLE has about 2000 games on it and thanks to Franks feet the upper playfield around Frank and the center spinner shot looks like a Moon Cresta cabinet in relief. And it is the wood... the reflection off inserts is still smooth as glass, but anywhere there is wood, dimple city.

Yes, I've owned my WH20 for over 20 years and there is virtually no dimples (I do have some planking though). I've owned my MBr for less than a year and there are definitely dimples. However, I am still quite happy with the playfield quality from CGC. And even though there is dimpling, it is still a lot better than the many issues that other manufacturers seem to be having.

And I agree, I do believe it is the quality of the wood that is the main problem.

#1210 3 years ago

So is it Cactus Canyon?

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So is it Cactus Canyon?

Perhaps we will know in 2022

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Perhaps we will know in 2022

Or beyonddddddddddd.......

#1213 3 years ago

Or next week ? Who knows ?

#1214 3 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Or next week ? Who knows ?

Right? Who cares? They haven't promised anything. Or even hinted at anything for that matter. Nor have they taken a penny of anyone's money. Just sit back and relax. Plenty of other cool stuff all over the industry right now. And, be damn excited when CGC does announce.

Brian

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

elax. Plenty of other cool stuff all over the industry right now. And, be damn excited when CGC does announce.

Plenty of cool stuff you can spend your money on instead....

#1216 3 years ago

Not so good time for CGC to release any new remake anyway, since GnR and Alien are/will be taking the excess cash from the market.

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Not so good time for CGC to release any new remake anyway, since GnR and Alien are/will be taking the excess cash from the market.

Can’t be scared to release a good game. If you wait for a perfect time there will never be one.

Also if CGC wants to sell games they have to build games. If not CC they could sell more MM or AFM.

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

What excess cash?!? Lol

I know I am not spending a bent nickel on a Stern or JJP (or API or Spooky or PB or Boutique Flavor of the month club, and not even a CGC if #4 is CCr...) but I would buy TAFr, TOMr, or TOTANr yesterday if they offered them... but not a TZr or IJPOAr...

#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Not so good time for CGC to release any new remake anyway,

Never seems to be good time to release the next game!

#1220 3 years ago

The CGC next game rumor mill took a hard left turn a few months ago and people have been guaranteeing it's CC. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Stranger Things Premium but if there's the slightest chance that CGC is gonna announce it's TOM, not CC, I'd wait for the TOM.

Can anybody (Rick from PPS, maybe) give me the slightest hope? If TOM's not next, it will be at least 3-4 years for it since I'll have to wait thru CCr, CGC Original title and Ben Heck/Spooky game. Thanks!

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

The CGC next game rumor mill took a hard left turn a few months ago and people have been guaranteeing it's CC. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Stranger Things Premium but if there's the slightest chance that CGC is gonna announce it's TOM, not CC, I'd wait for the TOM.
Can anybody (Rick from PPS, maybe) give me the slightest hope? If TOM's not next, it will be at least 3-4 years for it since I'll have to wait thru CCr, CGC Original title and Ben Heck/Spooky game. Thanks!

It's not going to be TOM and for sure CC (this has been known for some time now). Pull the trigger on Stanger Things

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

for sure CC (this has been known for some time now)

Sure, this has been speculated for "some time", but no announcement has been made. How is it that you "know"?

#1223 3 years ago

Gut feeling was never CC..so many have said, "for sure CC" It's like gambling..interesting to see who had it right.

No one really knows...but, fun anyways.

"I told you so" in the waiting for either.

#1224 3 years ago

It’s confirmed, CGC will be releasing a pinball machine

#1225 3 years ago

It’s confirmed, CGC will be releasing a pinball machine

Deeproot hoping to do the same!

#1226 3 years ago

Whatever releases, I think it's going to be great. We're in an Endless Pinball Summer right now. Alien. GNR. Wonka. The list goes on. CGC doesn't want to drop something that's going to be objectively awesome but unable to place medal above the current roster.

BBB and TZ are the two ones I see as knockout sellers. I just don't know whether another Lawlor design is going to climb the charts, and I love the feelz of his work, but variety is the spice of life.

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Sure, this has been speculated for "some time", but no announcement has been made. How is it that you "know"?

Employee from Chicago Gaming at the Chicago Expo a few years ago was drunk and spilled some beans

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Employee from Chicago Gaming at the Chicago Expo a few years ago was drunk and spilled some bins!!

I've heard this a few times and have to laugh...how is what a drunk employee said years ago a reliable source?

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from marty28:

I've heard this a few times and have to laugh...how is what a drunk employee said years ago a reliable source?

Because :

Quoted from Yesh23:

spilled some bins!!

Once you spill some bins, there is no going back.

LTG : )

#1230 3 years ago

I wish I had bins to spill. I got nothing

#1231 3 years ago

Employee stated it was going to be announced at the Texas Pinball Festival in 2020. I guess we’re long over due

#1232 3 years ago

It would seem to make sense that it's CC because they probably need some extra time redoing the code.

#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Employee stated it was going to be announced at the Texas Pinball Festival in 2020. I guess we’re long over due

Maybe they meant in 2020 days

#1234 3 years ago

maybe they will release attack from mars "martian red edition"

#1235 3 years ago

Maybe they meant in 2020 days

More like years!

#1236 3 years ago

Too late, 1Up just did

https://arcade1up.com/collections/pinball/products/attack-from-mars-pinball

8149F17F-1C9B-4DD2-A74B-035DB406B256 (resized).png8149F17F-1C9B-4DD2-A74B-035DB406B256 (resized).png
#1237 3 years ago

It's not the size that matters...

6448415cv13d (resized).jpg6448415cv13d (resized).jpg
#1238 3 years ago

She looks pretty happy. Mission Accomplished!

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

[quoted image]

I’d hit that

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

[quoted image]

WTF... that is great for a 5 year old. Looks terrible.

#1241 3 years ago

You'd sleep with a literal model? Shocker.

#1242 3 years ago

Tried to get it. Not available yet....

#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

You'd sleep with a literal model? Shocker.

No, the mini AFM

#1244 3 years ago

with the specific parts needed for any remake im in awe at how they can keep this a secret barring speculation , its almost like they have ompa lompas employed in and underground bunker

#1245 3 years ago

And there it is - confirmed Willy Wonka remake

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

with the specific parts needed for any remake im in awe at how they can keep this a secret barring speculation , its almost like they have ompa lompas employed in and underground bunker

I want an Oompa Loompa...and I want one NOW!

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

with the specific parts needed for any remake im in awe at how they can keep this a secret barring speculation

Makes me think they haven’t started manufacturing it yet...

#1248 3 years ago

It's an interesting observation though...does CGC make its own plastics and such, or does it farm that out to somebody?

For example, (assuming they are making CC), somebody needs to be making a whole bunch of playfield plastics, ramps, etc.

If some plastics company just got an order for 2000 sets of CC playfield plastics, you would think it would become obvious.

#1249 3 years ago

TAFr. that’s the secret now spilled ! Nothing more to say

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

For example, (assuming they are making CC), somebody needs to be making a whole bunch of playfield plastics, ramps, etc.

If some plastics company just got an order for 2000 sets of CC playfield plastics, you would think it would become obvious.

What makes you think that anyone in these companies would give a crap about pinball? Heck, they probably have no idea what the parts are even for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 209.00
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/25?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.