4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 48.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

At this point it's a draw , how long ago was the last game supposed to be released?

CGC have delivered 3 games and upgrades. CGC have proved they can deliver, Deeproot are full of talk.. No games... Just arrogance and broken promises so far. I am sure there is a game coming from CGC soon that you will be able to play at an arcade or buy. I cannot say the same about DR.

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

CGC have delivered 3 games and upgrades. CGC have proved they can deliver, Deeproot are full of talk.. No games... Just arrogance and broken promises so far. I am sure there is a game coming from CGC soon that you will be able to play at an arcade or buy. I cannot say the same about DR.

And because CGC has delivered on 3 games and talks about timely releases of others, is the reason for the skepticism. It's the element of time that is fanning the flames of doubt here.

#1153 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

And because CGC has delivered on 3 games and talks about timely releases of others, is the reason for the skepticism. It's the element of time that is fanning the flames of doubt here.

CGC is working on Originals as well. They will deliver. The same cannot be said for Deeproot

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

They will deliver

All in good time....

#1155 3 years ago

What’s the reason for CGC not to make some kind of statement? Not a reveal but maybe a ballpark timeline for next game?

#1156 3 years ago

I think it goes back to the original MMR announcement. It was announced and they took preorders. Then it took,I believe, over a year before people started to receive their games. Now they announce when they are ready to start building and shipping the games.

If it’s CCR and they are working on new code, I’m sure there are licensing issues,and with the pandemic I’m sure getting things done isn’t so easy right now.

#1157 3 years ago

When thinking about the pins now available or to be released soon, like JJP GnR and PB Alien, to me it seems that CGC could not be able to compete against those titles with CC(C). But if they would release a pin like WMS IJ, TZ or TAF, it would be a real competition. Just thinking that maybe they have after all gone via the difficult licensing route and that's why the releasing of the new pin takes its time?

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

What’s the reason for CGC not to make some kind of statement?

They will when the game is ready to go out the door.

LTG : )

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

There are no broken promises from CGC. No flames of doubt just a few people that are impatient.

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

When thinking about the pins now available or to be released soon, like JJP GnR and PB Alien, to me it seems that CGC could not be able to compete against those titles with CC(C). But if they would release a pin like WMS IJ, TZ or TAF, it would be a real competition. Just thinking that maybe they have after all gone via the difficult licensing route and that's why the releasing of the new pin takes its time?

Yeah I have been waiting, but put a deposit on GNR LE last week so I'm now out on CGC's next game. I have a MMr SE & MBr LE and was planning on adding their next LE remake. It would have looked real nice next to the other 2. I had a chance to play GNR LE and it is amazing and decided to go that route instead! Still looking forward to see what CGC comes up with on the remake and maybe 1 day down the road pick 1 up from a local collector in trade.

#1161 3 years ago

Kind of an interesting trademark registration from 2019.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Kind of an interesting trademark registration from 2019. [quoted image]

That's very interesting! This is how some CGC titles were discovered in the past, then they came clean and announced the next title. Although it was their patent or registered title that was discovered. Hopefully more information comes to the surface soon.

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Thank you very much for sharing. This could start a new rumor mill!

#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Kind of an interesting trademark registration from 2019.

This has been brought up before...

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There are no broken promises from CGC. No flames of doubt just a few people that are impatient.

Thats right, too many impatient people here. It takes at least three years to get this title completed after the reveal. Wait what? There hasn’t been a reveal? Oh.. nevermind

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I searched first and couldn’t find it...

CBS is very sophisticated and isn’t going to shotgun file marks. DR has some wacky marks registered that I would expect from a startup feeling itself out. Same for JJP. But CBS? Layers and layers of bureaucracy and decisions to overcome? It’s a done deal in my book.

The outstanding item would be Sterling and his likeness. They could pull a Shadow and have a look alike that would pass for us without offending his ghost.

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Had a friend visit the factory a week or so ago. He strayed off where he wasn't supposed to Go and said he saw a room full of Twilight Zones... ???

Quoted from whthrs166:

Seems like it...

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

There's tons of Twilight Zones in great shape always for sale. No problem getting a nice used one unlike original AFM, MM, or MB. In fact there's more Twilight Zones than all three of those combined. Hard to imagine CGC would make that title when there's so many already on the market.

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

There's tons of Twilight Zones in great shape always for sale. No problem getting a nice used one unlike original AFM, MM, or MB. In fact there's more Twilight Zones than all three of those combined. Hard to imagine CGC would make that title when there's so many already on the market.

for $9k...? eehhh

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

for $9k...? eehhh

Do you think a remake would be less than 9k? It won't be. More like 10-11.5k would be my guess of a new Twilight Zone. But also, you can get a used players TZ for under 7 easily too.

#1171 3 years ago

I’d buy a TZ remake. Would not need to worry about the thousands of parts that might be bad in a used one. Same with Whitewater but has to include the Topper

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Hard to imagine CGC would make that title when there's so many already on the market.

The biggest knock against a TZr is that there are so many productions of the original. 100% agree.

Quoted from Time:

Do you think a remake would be less than 9k? It won't be. More like 10-11.5k would be my guess of a new Twilight Zone. But also, you can get a used players TZ for under 7 easily too.

Can we even compare used to a CCG remake? The two seem totally unrelated. You know a TZr would be stuffed with GI effects, updated toys, HD display, etc. What if there is an arcade version for $6K? There's totally a market for both in my mind.

Do we even think it would be CCG making a TZr? Could this go to AP or JJP?

#1173 3 years ago

Rick said years ago, he wasn’t going to do any widebodys. I know things can change, but that would open up a whole lot of additional parts. You have to remember MM, AFM, MB and CC all use the same cabinet and hardware so you can approach a vendor with an order 4x the size at minimum. This keeps cost down. CGC has done a great job up to this point and from what I hear will continue to do the same. I would expect something from them shortly with machines ready to ship. There are titles to come that will be welcome with open arms and wallets.

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballemporium:

so you can approach a vendor with an order 4x the size at minimum. This keeps cost down.

CGC makes it's own cabinets and playfields.

Just point that out. I don't think we'll ever see any wide body games from them.

#1175 3 years ago

I was always confused about this. Did CGC buy out Churchill cabinets and that is where they reside/produce machines?

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballemporium:

Did CGC buy out Churchill cabinets and that is where they reside/produce machines?

Churchill Cabinet Co. was owned by Doug Duba's Father. At some point He acquired it and it became Chicago Gaming Co.

Same building I believe.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just point that out. I don't think we'll ever see any wide body games from them.

I'm totally ignorant about cab construction, but is the widebody difference that much of a consideration? I get that any change in manufacturing has a ripple effect on the process which just means more costs. But the playfield is the only other component I can think of that is truly widebody as well. And a lockdown bar. This stuff is so fascinating. We get to play a working piece of art and design--to be so lucky!

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

but is the widebody difference that much of a consideration?

If your assembly line and rotisseries weren't made for wider stuff. I would think that is a problem.

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If your assembly line and rotisseries weren't made for wider stuff. I would think that is a problem.

I think all these changes might accumulate to the 4 years' waiting time that we have now experienced cause changing the assembly line is hard

#1180 3 years ago

4 years? MBr was introduced 2.25 years ago.

#1181 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

4 years? MBr was introduced 2.25 years ago.

Sorry, I don't know where I got the 4 years... Atleast it feels like 4 years

#1182 3 years ago

I love my MBrLE, I am waiting on the next desirable title from CGC to be just as solid as it is. My biggest concern is that the CCr they are working on takes them down a notch or two due to the unpopularity that CC brings to the table from those who have played a lot of it. I know people will continue to bash me for my CC bashing, but from someone who has played every '90's era pin from Bally/Williams to Premier to Sega/Stern and although at first, after a few plays, CC feels like a 90's B/W, it soon devolves into repetiton, wood chopping and continuous Gold Mine Multiballs. I have given up trying to talk people out of wanting a CC, I am now resolved to watch the debacle unfold, and hoping beyond hope that CGC knocks my socks off with the Dot upgrade, added rules (It better have an upgrade there), and maybe a use for that Train other than a simple timer indicator... But either way, at least there will be a rock solid CC out there for people to buy if they want to. I honestly think any other B/W 90's title from their list of remakes they have considered would be more profitable, but this is not my circus, not my monkeys.

#1183 3 years ago

So is there any expected ETA on when they are announcing/releasing the next pin. I’m remotely interested but ready to pull the trigger on another pin. Curious what is next and when

#1184 3 years ago

Soon

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I’m remotely interested but ready to pull the trigger on another pin.

You should pull the trigger....

#1187 3 years ago

You guys really don't think it's funny that brian allen did side blades, and a translite for whitewater?

A game with zero IP issues...

With a decent value used...

With not a huge amount of games made...

I don't know, why would every remake have art from Brian Allen, who has access to the Williams IP, and then he just randomly does whitewater?

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

You guys really don't think it's funny that brian allen did side blades, and a translite for whitewater?
I don't know, why would every remake have art from Brian Allen, who has access to the Williams IP, and then he just randomly does whitewater?

I won't be disappointed if you're right...in fact I'll be in on one straight away. Whitewater is one of my favourite games. In saying that, I'd be in on whatever pin CGC release next, 3 out of 3 so far!

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

CGC is working on Originals as well. They will deliver. The same cannot be said for Deeproot

Yeah just like their last original. It was awesome! Doesn’t everyone have one? Vacation is a top 5 game! PPS should have stern or jjp make them. CGC doesn’t even support their arcade games like they should. A lot of new competition in this tiny market.

#1190 3 years ago

I'd be more "in" on a Whitewater remake than CC, unless they did REALLY amazing things with CC. I already have a really nice TZ, but a TZr would be tempting to get upgraded RGB GI lighting effects, etc. If somehow they got ahold of the original audio recordings (not the Pinsound "alternate" DCS stuff) and re-digitized them on new audio hardware, that'd be awesome.

In the meantime, I still love my AFMrSE and MBrLE!

(But would be nice have some news of something to look forward to!)

#1191 3 years ago

Well, I already have the WhiteWater, so I doubt that I'd be interested in a remake of that. And I don't see how they can really improve CC enough to make me want to buy one (I don't think CC's layout is all that interesting - and that can't really be fixed by any amount of new code).

OTOH, a TZ remake would be hard for me to pass up. They should make a deal with Compy to include his new back-panel display mod for the LE version.

#1192 3 years ago

If the next game is CC, I'm going to be waiting a really long time then - I've been in on all their games so far but CC will ensure the semi-arousal returns to flaccid.

#1193 3 years ago

Yeah ya wait 3 years for CCr how long will ya be waiting for #5? 5yrs?

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You should pull the trigger....

Maybe on Guns. See what I did there? Maybe the OP should add TZ to the poll?

#1195 3 years ago

CC is a great game and will be even better with new code. It will sell really well. The theme is so fun as well.

#1196 3 years ago

I’ll return to this thread in April/May to see what’s coming soon.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Which explains why the MMr I bought 3 years ago is in better condition than any new game I've seen from Stern or JJP in several years. With that quality and experience built in, they should go all in on designing their own new pinball machines. Could become a very viable competitor to Stern.

Did Churchill make a lot of the playfields and cabinets for the 90's era Bally/Williams games?

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Who is Brian Allen and when were these done? My question on Whitewater is given all the ramps and stuff on the game, could CGC remake it at a price point people would be willing to buy? Secondly, the topper is part of the game and the classic nostalgia that goes with it. Have they or can they figure out a way to replicate it?

Will be interesting but I do think Whitewater woukd be more expensive to remake than the games CGC has done to this point.

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Did Churchill make a lot of the playfields and cabinets for the 90's era Bally/Williams games?

Yes. Churchill was a supplier to WMS back then.

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Who is Brian Allen and when were these done?

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/

Whitewater was done last year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.