4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 48.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I have heard from a gentleman back east that PTC is the next game!

Must be true. I heard it from that clown in the Midwest.

LTG : )

#1002 3 years ago

i hope they announce their next game this week with the expo show being virtual. it would seem it has to be cc. usually these rumors are true. i'm hoping it soon, chicago gaming build quality and service are better than the other companies in my experience. they move fast.

hard to believe, but its 2 years since they launched monster bash. i know this, if they don't put out a game this, i'm moving on to one of a the newer sterns, jjp, or something used.

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i know this, if they don't put out a game this, i'm moving on to one of a the newer sterns, jjp, or something used.

What I want isn't likely to happen, now it's been too long of a wait and see, I'm spending my CGC money soon also.

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

What I want isn't likely to happen, now it's been too long of a wait and see, I'm spending my CGC money soon also.

which game do you want? i hope it's tales of abrabnan knights, circus voltair or cactus canyon. i'm a fan of western stuff. what i have played on cc, i really liked it.

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

I have been following this thread since inception with the main focus/hope on BBB. I bought a NIB AFMr and loved it. I hear the "BBB is only good b/c it is rare" but I am not in that camp. I play it once a year if I go to the Ann Arbor show and love the colors, DMD animations, lights, shots, kickback, etc. I really want one but am not going to pay the cost of a current one unless I really strike it rich. Was initially super excited they put this on the list of a possible remakes but my hopes are slowly fading.

Same here! Only I'd play it at California Extreme. Then I had the unique opportunity to play BBB in a personal collection... where I could actually hear it... OH GOD, those voices. THOSE VOICES!!! Any BBB remake will need an alternate audio track or it won't sell.

#1007 3 years ago

I would like Creature remake because I've owned 3 and each one has it's own issues.

Anything but Theater would be nice.

#1008 3 years ago

Anyone know when they will announce their next game?

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone know when they will announce their next game?

I was hoping that maybe they would have said something at Virtual Pinball Expo this week but that didn't happen.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Anything but Theater would be nice.

Motordome

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

which game do you want? i hope it's tales of abrabnan knights, circus voltair or cactus canyon. i'm a fan of western stuff. what i have played on cc, i really liked it.

I’d hope for CFTBL or WH2o

Probably is going be CC I don’t have a good feel how that plays. Only played a few times.

I can buy one more pin in the next several months but not feeling Stern and GnR not sure either because it’s so Multiball dependent. But likely get GnR before buying another Stern.

#1012 3 years ago

Quick question about CC it’s been said the rules are not finished or too short? How is the code in your opinion?

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t have a good feel how that plays. Only played a few times.

CC plays great. Just needs more code.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quick question about CC it’s been said the rules are not finished or too short? How is the code in your opinion?

It’s like playing a video game where only one boss is unlocked.

Or having only the first seven chapters of a bestseller book.

Or only the first episode of a season available to stream (looking at you walking dead).

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quick question about CC it’s been said the rules are not finished

If you listen to the Expo fireside chat of the design team on Pinball News. They said they only thing missing is one rule, on the rule card.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Bash Bart and collect Bart brothers
Collect 5 way combo
Win gunfights to advance rank
Save Polly mode
Gold Mine multiball
Stampede multiball
Defeat bad guys for Showdown multiball

High Noon wizard mode

The game has some missing assets but is fairly complete with regard to rules. Still it is a fairly shallow rule set even compared with other WPC95 games.

The game is a big winner for me due to humor and theme, flow and the drop targets. I would strongly consider getting a remake without a code upgrade. If somehow they release a code-enhanced version ala CCC then it would likely be a must-buy.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you listen to the Expo fireside chat of the design team on Pinball News. They said they only thing missing is one rule, on the rule card.

The Battle Bionic Bart feature.

I read the write up and it makes me wonder if there might be more:

“ he doesn't have any regrets about what they produced but the ruleset is fairly shallow and never got the time to be finished. That means, he continued, a reasonably good player will see the end of the game much earlier than they should.

But when asked if the software on his home game is the same software publicly available, Matt became rather more cagey and suggested there might be a more complete version available. What code there might be, he said, is not his property and it's not his place to distribute it.”

#1018 3 years ago

And once again, I will post that after playing CC for years in our pin league, this clunker is still a clunker. So much is written on how good this machine matched the theme and I will be the first to say it has everything an old villianous wild west outlaw movie has to offer... and old goldmine complete with DMD animated mineshaft ala Indy Jones, the damsel in distress tied to the railroad tracks, shoot out at ButtF@ck Coral, wanted posters, outlaws, bounties paid, quick draw gunfighting action... and it all gets pretty mundane and boring by the 14th "Gold!"......"Mine!!!!"..... "Multiball!"

So people can keep claining this machine is God's answer to a Wild Western Theme Enthusiasts Grail machine... but why not ask actual CC owners? I think, if they had a choice, they would sell it an buy something better, however the only reason that most of them keep CC is to one day fund their oldest kid's first year in college... because trust me, if I was faced with tuition for my kids college education, this machine would be on a truck to somebody else in less than 2 shakes of a lamb's tale. I would go as far as saying I like playing Commode Show with Red Poop and Ted Turder way more than playing a single game on CC. But I digress.

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And once again, I will post that after playing CC for years in our pin league, this clunker is still a clunker. So much is written on how good this machine matched the theme and I will be the first to say it has everything an old villianous wild west outlaw movie has to offer... and old goldmine complete with DMD animated mineshaft ala Indy Jones, the damsel in distress tied to the railroad tracks, shoot out at ButtF@ck Coral, wanted posters, outlaws, bounties paid, quick draw gunfighting action... and it all gets pretty mundane and boring by the 14th "Gold!"......"Mine!!!!"..... "Multiball!"
So people can keep claining this machine is God's answer to a Wild Western Theme Enthusiasts Grail machine... but why not ask actual CC owners? I think, if they had a choice, they would sell it an buy something better, however the only reason that most of them keep CC is to one day fund their oldest kid's first year in college... because trust me, if I was faced with tuition for my kids college education, this machine would be on a truck to somebody else in less than 2 shakes of a lamb's tale. I would go as far as saying I like playing Commode Show with Red Poop and Ted Turder way more than playing a single game on CC. But I digress.

CC is fun for sure. Music, great theme, ambiance... but really shallow. It gets old pretty quickly. The most obvious is when you invite friends to play pinball and to realize the game is just ok for all. You can’t compare to a MM, AFM or other games of this era. I wanted to keep it but at some point, i needed room for something else and just sold it. That’s why I think it’s a better idea to remake a full game or at least a CC with new rules but I don’t beleive it’ll bappen.

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

CC is fun for sure. Music, great theme, ambiance... but really shallow. It gets old pretty quickly. The most obvious is when you invite friends to play pinball and to realize the game is just ok for all. You can’t compare to a MM, AFM or other games of this era. I wanted to keep it but at some point, i needed room for something else and just sold it. That’s why I think it’s a better idea to remake a full game or at least a CC with new rules but I don’t beleive it’ll bappen.

I agree. I got to spent some time on CC recently, and while it did have some fun elements, it wasn't the "full package" that most of the other B/W games are.

And I don't think the rules are really the problem. Yes, it could be improved with some better rules, but the layout just isn't that great. The pop-up drop targets are great - but everything else is just so-so. The Bart bashtoy gets old quick, and the train doesn't really do anything useful (I'm not a fan of big/expensive toys that don't affect the ball in some way). The ramps are alright, but also are not particularly remarkable, and the spinning bowl was done better on Creature.

I just don't think CC will ever be better than "just OK", regardless of what new rules might be created, even though I do like the theme.

#1021 3 years ago

People who think it’s BBB are crazy.
I started believing the rumors when we say several BBBs trade hands a few months ago but they have since dried up. If BBB owners are holding then its a good indication that it’s not on the table. They would have to pull teeth to finish that game and get the proper licensing.

It would be easier to finish CC and give it the pimped our Continued code it deserves.

CCC is an incredible game and the people who hate it have only played the snooze-fest original code. Let’s admit it, Williams was shutting down and they really just gave up halfway through on that game. It deserves so much more.

From a tried and true stand point TOM has strong sales to back it up. It’s a smart seller versus the other two games previously mentioned that are total gambles.

#1022 3 years ago

All three of the games you mentioned were on PPS’s likely remake list. Along with MB.

#1023 3 years ago

We've been talking about the "next game" for what seems like forever. Is this because they won't announce it until they are ready to ship it? That has been the case in the past right (other than Medieval Madness Remake)?

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Is this because they won't announce it until they are ready to ship it?

That would be my guess.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

We've been talking about the "next game" for what seems like forever. Is this because they won't announce it until they are ready to ship it? That has been the case in the past right (other than Medieval Madness Remake)?

Well, since it has been about 12 months since the Royal edition was announced, I would say it is coming sooner rather than later. My bet is in the next 6 months they will announce it. Hopefully, before the end of the year. Maybe they are trying to time the release in between the other manufacturers.

#1026 3 years ago

My take on the delay is they are trying to find a way to make playfields without having to silk screen them but be better than what DTS printing is doing for Mirrco. The screen printing of MB to collectors quality cost them a lot of time, money, and shipping delays... I suspect this or they are either developing their own title, finishing CC code, or getting licensing for one of the B/W titles that require third party licensing.I was hoping for a release at Expo, but they are probably getting enough Royal orders of MM to keep their line at Covid reduced capacity.

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My take on the delay is they are trying to find a way to make playfields without having to silk screen them but be better than what DTS printing is doing for Mirrco. The screen printing of MB to collectors quality cost them a lot of time, money, and shipping delays... I suspect this or they are either developing their own title, finishing CC code, or getting licensing for one of the B/W titles that require third party licensing.I was hoping for a release at Expo, but they are probably getting enough Royal orders of MM to keep their line at Covid reduced capacity.

I have not been able to find a MM game to buy so I dont think they are making them anymore. They did do a small run of AFM I think though. It would seem they are not producing many games right now. It could be that they are producing the new game to be announced soon.

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There is rumor of bottleneck in the supply chain. So game is picked, ready, but getting parts from China was being delayed. That's what I heard in the summer, hopefully machines are on the line and getting boxed, so when announcement is made, they are ready to ship. I can see something getting announced in a month or two. Pure speculation.

#1029 3 years ago

Hopefully Cactus Canyon, then Tales of the Arabian Nights. Then this "rumored" collaboration with Ben Heck....

#1030 3 years ago

I was told by a distributor that another run of MMR SE’s would likely be made this Fall.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I was told by a distributor that another run of MMR SE’s would likely be made this Fall.

This would be fantastic

#1032 3 years ago

Franchi: I am going to say this much just so I can shoot it down…it’s not [Theatre of Magic].

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Franchi: I am going to say this much just so I can shoot it down…it’s not [Theatre of Magic].

Yes, he apparently did not see it fitting to shoot down the rumor regarding CC though... Sounds like a bit too obvious "clue" for CC though.

#1034 3 years ago

Am I the only one hoping for IJ?

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Am I the only one hoping for IJ?

IJ, TAF or TZ would get my money!

#1036 3 years ago

Could this happen?

addams-family-e1528215776354 (resized).jpgaddams-family-e1528215776354 (resized).jpg
#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

Could this happen?

yes, but only by Deep Root or American Pinball... CGC would stear way clear of this abomination...

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

IJ, TAF or TZ would get my money!

Yes x3

The big three are made these are the next big 3.

#1039 3 years ago

Cactus Canyon is gunna be next.

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Color me disappointed but not surprised.

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Never really understood the appeal of Cactus Canyon. But I'm happy that's their next machine and wish them tons of luck selling them. I hope people purchase them like hot cakes because I love CGC. I'm happy because I won't be one of those people and I get to keep my money and wait for their next remake or original machine!!

#1042 3 years ago

i'm in the minority, but i'm happy it's cactus canyon

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

If it is this, I hope they do another run of MM SEs cause I would rather get that.

#1044 3 years ago

If we all know it is CC then by all meens I am glad for anyone who wants to support CGC and buy one, especially since I will not be able to support them with another purchase until TAF for certain (total wife approved instant purchase), and maybe after a few long hard talks about a few others she knows I want, one more, and TOM has been on MY shortlist only because I like the theme and the fact that Magic Girl on the backglass and I have had a long running thing going on the side for the better part of 25 years.

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

and the fact that Magic Girl on the backglass and I have had a long running thing going on the side for the better part of 25 years.

Don't kid yourself...she'll tell you that you're the only one, but she's got a bunch of other guys too. Got myself out of that a long time ago. She's only interested in your quarters.

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

She's only interested in your quarters.

I nearly went broke stuffing hard things into her slot in ‘95... Then she had the gall to install a bill acceptor!

#1047 3 years ago

i think folks should be opened minded if they update the code. suppose its' a deeper game and rules are better? it might be awesome. i admit, i've only played it a few times, but the layout and toys are very good. you have a great theme, drop targets in the middle, great call outs. we'll see with lighting updgrades, topper, additions, and updates. if you look at afm, the remake is a lot better than the original. far better lighting, better parts.

2 weeks later
#1048 3 years ago

Does anyone have rumors to throw out there? I'm dreaming of a CGC Christmas.

#1049 3 years ago

I think it will be CFTBL or JY since the ROMs are now being updated and sold.

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Does anyone have rumors to throw out there? I'm dreaming of a CGC Christmas.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the chance of a CGC Christmas is about zero.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,999 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/21?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.