4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 48.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

If it is indeed CC, trust me, they will make sure the code is finished and polished, however way they can. They will find a way. That’s how CGC rolls. They only produce top notch products. They do seem to have delay after delay, but you can’t deny their quality.

That would make sense, but they have zero history in adding or revising code on any of their past games. Rumors were flying around they were doing that on MB, but it was just a rumor and it never happened.

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I just don't see TOTAN or CV selling very well (just my opinion), and I think CC is fun, but its incomplete .....really nice examples of WW sell for much higher than $5K in my area...by far the games that would demand the greatest $ and sales numbers would be IJ and then TZ, but its unlikely they will ever be remade

ToTAN is a beautiful game. I bet it would do great, especially with rgb and larger screen, and a new topper. I’d buy one for sure. I’d played old beaters over the years and liked it, but when you play a great example such as the one in Banning, it’s excellent.

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That would make sense, but they have zero history in adding or revising code on any of their past games. Rumors were flying around they were doing that on MB, but it was just a rumor and it never happened.

If code was So horrible on CC games would not be selling and hunted for 12k plus. I have played CC and found it rather amazing. Granted I’m not a get to wizard mode Ever guy but just fun pinball player. Heck, look how many judge JJP POTC because the final wizard mode isn’t there yet my bet is 99% of players can’t get there in 50 plays with standard settings. Just an opinion.

#804 4 years ago

Scared Stiff needs to be the next remake.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

If it is indeed CC, trust me, they will make sure the code is finished and polished, however way they can. They will find a way. That’s how CGC rolls. They only produce top notch products. They do seem to have delay after delay, but you can’t deny their quality.

When the Monster Bash remake was all but confirmed it was rumored that the game would be getting a code update, and people ran with that narrative until someone from CGC chimed in to say that it was not happening. I'm pretty sure that will be the same if they make CC. I would not be surprised to hear that the license to make the game specifically states that they are not allowed to modify code from the original.

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If code was So horrible on CC games would not be selling and hunted for 12k plus. I have played CC and found it rather amazing. Granted I’m not a get to wizard mode Ever guy but just fun pinball player. Heck, look how many judge JJP POTC because the final wizard mode isn’t there yet my bet is 99% of players can’t get there in 50 plays with standard settings. Just an opinion.

Probably because fun and they didnt make many....we might be having the same discussion about POTC in 20 years, but with great code

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

opinion. i don't know much on catcus canyon, but if the code is so bad...who would want a remake? sort of wonder if somebody can make a continued code for the remake of catcus canyon, if it happens. on afm classic, it can be updated with a micro sd card. so...wouldn't it be possible for somebody to make cc continued if they remake the game?
if they are not doing something for the code, sort of hope the next remake is totan then.

maybe if someone can make continued code run on wpc hardware and change the rom file?

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

When the Monster Bash remake was all but confirmed it was rumored that the game would be getting a code update, and people ran with that narrative until someone from CGC chimed in to say that it was not happening. I'm pretty sure that will be the same if they make CC. I would not be surprised to hear that the license to make the game specifically states that they are not allowed to modify code from the original.

This is completely different than Monster Bash. CC code was never finished. It’s literally an unfinished game. If and when CC remake is released, they WILL finish the code. They have to. However that will look or how they do it, nobody knows. But CGC will not release a remake with code that is not finished. They can’t and they won’t. Look what was done with all the remakes. All new boards and technology. They were all completely redone. They will figure out the code issue on CC, someway or another.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m hearing Addams Family ?

From who? Did you actually hear this from a source that has credibility, or do you have multiple personality disorder?

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

From who? Did you actually hear this from a source that has credibility, or do you have multiple personality disorder?

No he just keeps shouting it every other week hoping they will hear him lol. Not going to happen.

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

NIB games all have the same pricing structure....pretty much price fixed

What about tax? In State or if you go pick up out of state?

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Just curious, why wouldn't they do a TZ?

CGC have said they do not want to remake a wide body game.

#813 4 years ago

I think you can work backward into finding the likely releases by eliminating choices.

TZ and IJ - both are widebodies and have major licensing issues. Both machines are pretty complex too (although TZ takes the cake).

TAF - I think the licensing issue is a problem here too. I believe it was Planetary Pinball who said that some remakes won't happen because companies want to focus on the newest version of their IP and not interested in reissuing prior versions (this could be true for IJ too).

STTNG - Widebody.... license...and is there really any interest?

Shadow/Congo/BSD/WW/FishTales/WorldCup Soccer/ NGG/ JD and other titles down the Top 100 list - I doubt most of these would support the NIB price. Maybe The Shadow, but it is licensed, relatively complex, and has a secondary price below Stern pros.

So that leaves
TOTAN
TOM
Scared Stiff (although I suspect they would have licenses issues here too)
CV
WH20
CFTBL
FH
CC

From that list... I would think they would just base it on the secondary market price. Since price is the best indicator of demand.

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think you can work backward into finding the likely releases by eliminating choices.
TZ and IJ - both are widebodies and have major licensing issues. Both machines are pretty complex too (although TZ takes the cake).
TAF - I think the licensing issue is a problem here too. I believe it was Planetary Pinball who said that some remakes won't happen because companies want to focus on the newest version of their IP and not interested in reissuing prior versions (this could be true for IJ too).
STTNG - Widebody.... license...and is there really any interest?
Shadow/Congo/BSD/WW/FishTales/WorldCup Soccer/ NGG/ JD and other titles down the Top 100 list - I doubt most of these would support the NIB price. Maybe The Shadow, but it is licensed, relatively complex, and has a secondary price below Stern pros.
So that leaves
TOTAN
TOM
Scared Stiff (although I suspect they would have licenses issues here too)
CV
WH20
CFTBL
FH
CC
From that list... I would think they would just base it on the secondary market price. Since price is the best indicator of demand.

Don’t forget BBB

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

What about tax? In State or if you go pick up out of state?

Its my understanding their supposed to collect state sales taxes, but some don't...if your worried about cost I would look at a nice HUO one...they come up for sale fairly often

#816 4 years ago

I’d be all over a nib WH20. Please let me know when that happens.

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I’d be all over a nib WH20. Please let me know when that happens.

I'd love that....I think a remake with updated sound, large color display, killer topper would sell really well.

#818 4 years ago

Can't wait for the Topper and Larger display for MM..

Could it be that next one is...TAF.. I doubt it.
Odds 70% CC or 30%TOTAN

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

If and when CC remake is released, they WILL finish the code. They have to.

They have to because that is what you want? CGC is doing remakes, not creating new games. Maybe I am wrong but do remember CGC stating they are running emulators on original code. Code changes are out of the question since that probably violates license agreements and changes their whole architecture. Doubt they will change everything, battle licensing, hire more staff, and extend the development cycle just for CCr. Remakes are all going to be just like the originals with cosmetic upgrades.

#820 4 years ago

Addams Family ! It will sell like crazy
All models

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CCR is in the queue to be done at some point and will have new re-written and extended code ... just cannot say when and in what order and of course always subject to change with CGC.

Believe what you want but I chose to believe the guy that actually owns the rights(in regards to "extended code").

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No he just keeps shouting it every other week hoping they will hear him lol. Not going to happen.

Actually, you both mentioned your favorites 5 times. (he with TAF) You with CC/Totan..it's a tie..but, I also don't think it's TAF for the next one either.

I hope he is right..if, shouting helps...I'm shouting!

P.S. Yeah, I'm stuck at home.

No harm meant.

#823 4 years ago

You have to remember that CC is crazy rare, and with finished code, it's a new game but a 90s game at the same time. They can easily finish the code as it's almost done and it's 2020. Does Williams realty care about a license they never finished?

It would be a very smart, profitable choice. TOTAN is decently popular, but nowhere near MM, AFM, and CC. I think BBB would also outsell it. TOM wouldn't do so well either. Wasn't TOM the #1 rumour before? What happened to that?

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You have to remember that CC is crazy rare, and with finished code, it's a new game but a 90s game at the same time. They can easily finish the code as it's almost done and it's 2020. Does Williams realty care about a license they never finished?
It would be a very smart, profitable choice. TOTAN is decently popular, but nowhere near MM, AFM, and CC. I think BBB would also outsell it. TOM wouldn't do so well either. Wasn't TOM the #1 rumour before? What happened to that?

TOM has always been in about 6 or 7th place in the polls.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-remake-wish-list-what-would-you-like-to-see-remade

#825 4 years ago

Have they ever talked about remaking CV? Just played it about a month ago and my wife loved it. I always try to buy games that get her into the game room to play.

1 week later
#826 3 years ago

With another run of MM winding down
When might the next remake be announced? no shows anytime soon we know that !

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

With another run of MM winding down
When might the next remake be announced? no shows anytime soon we know that !

Geez I don’t know, maybe when this pandemic crap is over and people are back to work????

#828 3 years ago

Wow, that escalated quickly. Who pissed in your Corn Flakes?

1 week later
#829 3 years ago

I think remakes are done. Stern has finally started making games worth owning and jjp games are epic. I'd be willing to bet that no more remakes are in the future.

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I think remakes are done. Stern has finally started making games worth owning and jjp games are epic. I'd be willing to bet that no more remakes are in the future.

You underestimate the power of nostalgia. Stern is absolutely making great games. The best games of the 90s have stood the test of time and will always be classics and always have an audience. For those folks who played them in arcades and on location when they were new, nostalgia can be yours.

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I'd be willing to bet you'd lose that bet. There are definitely games left for them to make good money on. There's no reason for them to stop so why would they.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Assuming this isn't sarcasm...I think you are completely wrong. CGC is putting out top quality games that people want to play/own. Stern and JJP are killing themselves with bad playfield issues. And for every new Stern worth owning...there is another that is crap.

I do think that eventually CGC will make a new original game, but they still have lots of choices of high-demand games that they can remake easily. Even some older classics have potential. I suspect that Eight Ball Deluxe and Centaur could both be profitable, and could probably be done at a lower price point.

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I will take that bet! How about loser donates $100 to Pinside?

#834 3 years ago

While I really like my AFM CE, I have noticed the playfield is dimpled to shit already. Compared to my Iron Maiden which I have owned longer and has more plays, there is not a single one and is clear coated perfectly. Why such a difference? I think CGC’s playfields should be better than this.

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

While I really like my AFM CE, I have noticed the playfield is dimpled to shit already. Compared to my Iron Maiden which I have owned longer and has more plays, there is not a single one and is clear coated perfectly. Why such a difference? I think CGC’s playfields should be better than this.

Well, there are obviously always going to be exceptions, but in general CGC has had far less complaints about dimpling and bad clearcoat than Stern or JJP.

Yes, my MBr has some small dimpling, but you can only see it if you pull off the glass and examine closely. No one else even knows that it is there.

#836 3 years ago

My MBr has a good amount of dimples. Easy to see when not playing. Don’t care in the least about them while playing.

I would take dimples over chipping any day of the week.

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Assuming this isn't sarcasm...I think you are completely wrong. CGC is putting out top quality games that people want to play/own. Stern and JJP are killing themselves with bad playfield issues. And for every new Stern worth owning...there is another that is crap.
I do think that eventually CGC will make a new original game, but they still have lots of choices of high-demand games that they can remake easily. Even some older classics have potential. I suspect that Eight Ball Deluxe and Centaur could both be profitable, and could probably be done at a lower price point.

That or trolling. Stern is not killing themselves. I bet the most vocal critical people of Stern/JJP are those that wouldn't buy their games regardless. It seems like there are always customers lining up to buy the next shiny new game. People seem to love the remakes as well. It would be nice to see an original game from CGC but why bother? They can just keep making remakes which they are good at and make money. Original game comes with more investments and more risk.

Games like EBD or Centaur are not going to be cheaper to produce. In fact, I bet they will be more expensive because you would have to completely redesign the architecture and same materials needed to build them (cab, pf, lights, mechs, etc). Plus the market would be more narrow. Most people would prefer more modern, deeper games - especially when spending premium money.

#838 3 years ago

Reading between the lines he is correct in that CGC's first three remakes were the easiest decisions, and came with very little market risk. Any other remakes aside from a few that they probably won't remake (TAF, IJ) come with some level of market risk.

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Reading between the lines he is correct in that CGC's first three remakes were the easiest decisions, and came with very little market risk. Any other remakes aside from a few that they probably won't remake (TAF, IJ) come with some level of market risk.

I think you are right. One exception could be CC, but even for that, it might simply be a matter of moving their forecast down. The first 3 were pretty low hanging fruits and they probably assumed that they could sell a few thousand of each. CC might sell half as many, but still, be profitable (other companies limit production at under 1000 and seem to be profitable). We could just be entering a phase with smaller and shorter runs and games like CC, TOTAN, TOM, Wh20 and others are released with forecasts to sell 1000 units. Just a guess.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My MBr has a good amount of dimples. Easy to see when not playing. Don’t care in the least about them while playing.
I would take dimples over chipping any day of the week.

yup. i have dimples too on mb and afm. other than that, no issues with either. i feel like chicago gaming builds there machines well.

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Could be they only need to sell a small number to be profitable.

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Have they ever talked about remaking CV? Just played it about a month ago and my wife loved it. I always try to buy games that get her into the game room to play.

I'd buy one. I'd also make some improvements to the system if at all possible. Maybe put some more boom in that balloon etc. Also modernize or have more options for neon. Maybe that's already a thing I don't know since I regrettably sold mine over 13 years ago.

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Even some older classics have potential. I suspect that Eight Ball Deluxe and Centaur could both be profitable, and could probably be done at a lower price point.

If they can sell an MB for $6000, then an EBD, Fathom or Centaur would be $4000. No need for color DMD or anything like that. Hopefully CGC has looked at prices lately. A beater, project Fathom that is currently on fire sells for $4000. I would gladly buy a Fathom and a Centaur and even step up to a higher trim package or LE for $5000 or $6000.

Of the WPC games left to make, the only one I would even consider it WH2O. If they could get through the license and widebody, I might pick up and IJ. Neither of those would be an instant buy like Fathom or Centaur.

#844 3 years ago

I would gladly buy an EBD or Fathom for 5 or 6k. Its so hard to find minty ones and they are expensive as hell.

#845 3 years ago

I don't think they would sell a game for $4000. Despite having all the r&d done , then implementing the new software , boards etc. Unless they follow Stern with their home versions?

#846 3 years ago

I'd buy an EBD in an instant.

QSS

#847 3 years ago

TAF would be incredible, and I don't think all the licensing issues would be insurmountable. When the Pinball Arcade video game digitally reproduced the table in 2015, it cost about $100k to get the various rights from Raul Julia's estate, The Addams Family foundation, Paramount pictures, music license, and the other living actors. However, Christopher Lloyd (Uncle Fester) wasn't on board, and that's how we got this abomination staring at you on the playfield. For what its worth, Pinball Arcade lost the rights in 2018 and you can't buy the table anymore.

JMYsXve (resized).jpgJMYsXve (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#848 3 years ago

Ok so Stern just released TMNT, where is CGC’s new game? What are they waiting for? I know they are probably making MM’s but I’d want some future sales too. Cmon CCr!

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok so Stern just released TMNT, where is CGC’s new game? What are they waiting for? I know they are probably making MM’s but I’d want some future sales too. Cmon CCr!

Lmao. CGC dropping the ball lately. I was told their new Remake was coming soon. That was 6 months ago.

#850 3 years ago

I am waiting on my next purchase because I am interested in seeing what CGC has to offer. I wish they would announce something. I don’t mind waiting for it to be made if it is something I am interested in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
17,250 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/17?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.