4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 48.
#751 4 years ago

I think IJ, is by far, the least likely option for a remake. Maybe it is not true, but I heard that they were never able to get the "real" Harrison Ford for the backglass so that they were required to use a look-alike. That is no longer allowed - it is similar to the whole Crispin Glover/ Back to the Future lawsuit. Also, the music is tied up across multiple license holders (including Sony)... the game is a widebody so it would inherently be more expensive, and finally, Disney would want the assets from all 4 movies in the game. With all of those things going against it... I think CGC would just aim for something with way less red tape.

#752 4 years ago

CC has to the be the best choice. It needs some work, but not that much. I've played it and loved it as-is. Polished, it will sell well. It's just such a fun theme for everyone. It's hokey, goofy, humourous, rare, expensive, room for contemporary polish. It's the perfect choice. I hope they don't do BBB. The game isn't as good, and the whole alien stripper thing isn't attractive to me at all.

#753 4 years ago

CC needs code work or do really want 1 hour showdown muiltball

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Maybe it is not true, but I heard that they were never able to get the "real" Harrison Ford for the backglass so that they were required to use a look-alike. That is no longer allowed - it is similar to the whole Crispin Glover/ Back to the Future lawsuit.

Actually, that kind of thing IS allowed, it just can't be done without the original actor's consent. When I worked on a Mission:Impossible game, we were not allowed to use Tom Cruise's likeness (even though he was peripherally involved in the game), but he did allow us to use a "vague, sort of looks like a generic Tom Cruise-ish" Ethan Hunt.

So, if Harrison Ford said "No, I don't want to be on a pinball machine, but you can use a generic Indiana Jones.", then they could proceed. This is likely what happened with the original machine anyway. Studios are not going to piss-off their prized talent (by using a fake likeness without permission) for a small license opportunity like pinball.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually, that kind of thing IS allowed, it just can't be done without the original actor's consent. When I worked on a Mission:Impossible game, we were not allowed to use Tom Cruise's likeness (even though he was peripherally involved in the game), but he did allow us to use a "vague, sort of looks like a generic Tom Cruise-ish" Ethan Hunt.
So, if Harrison Ford said "No, I don't want to be on a pinball machine, but you can use a generic Indiana Jones.", then they could proceed. This is likely what happened with the original machine anyway. Studios are not going to piss-off their prized talent (by using a fake likeness without permission) for a small license opportunity like pinball.

can they force the stunt man to do that or there union going demand more.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I guess they can give consent to use a likeness. However, if that was the case, why wouldn't they just agree to use a stock photo from the film promos? It usually comes down to money... and the licensee not willing to pony up the $$$.

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I guess they can give consent to use a likeness. However, if that was the case, why wouldn't they just agree to use a stock photo from the film promos? It usually comes down to money... and the licensee not willing to pony up the $$$.

Some stars are far more picky about use of their likeness than others, especially when it comes to selling stuff.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

can they force the stunt man to do that or there union going demand more.

I guess that I don't know what you mean. Can who force the stunt man to do what?
Nobody can really "force" anyone to do something...they could certainly ask though.

However, most stunt men are not really "look-alikes" to the people they do the stunts for. They get dressed up the same, put on a wig, and are typically viewed only from angles where you can't really see their face. As long as they are roughly the same build and complexion, most times you can't really tell.

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think IJ, is by far, the least likely option for a remake. Maybe it is not true, but I heard that they were never able to get the "real" Harrison Ford for the backglass so that they were required to use a look-alike. That is no longer allowed - it is similar to the whole Crispin Glover/ Back to the Future lawsuit. Also, the music is tied up across multiple license holders (including Sony)... the game is a widebody so it would inherently be more expensive, and finally, Disney would want the assets from all 4 movies in the game. With all of those things going against it... I think CGC would just aim for something with way less red tape.

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

the mouse says you must add the 4th and 5th movie

Yeah?? For now there's only three movies and those are the only three movies that are worth incorporating into a pin. Just like the original game!!

QSS

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I hear ya, but it would be the greatest seller....I think they actually used Harrison Ford for the back glass....he was the closest to a look a like

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

That is not true. The backglass for IJ was hand drawn by Doug Watson. He was heavily influenced by the original Raiders of the Lost Ark & Last Crusade posters drawn by Richard Amsel and Drew Struzan. Every instance of Indy on the playfield and backglass had to be approved by both the licensor and Harrison Ford, just like Arnold had to approve T2. If you look at the IJ backglass, pretty much every "scene" was lifted from an existing Indy movie poster in some way, shape or form.

#763 4 years ago

They should do cc, theatre of magic, then tales of the arabian knights. There are enough ij and taf still around.

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

They should do cc, theatre of magic, then tales of the arabian knights. There are enough ij and taf still around.

But there are not enough updated versions out there with lighting, toppers, shakers and large color displays.

I'd be all over an updated IJ or TAF. I can only imagine how cool they would be.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

But there are not enough updated versions out there with lighting, toppers, shakers and large color displays.
I'd be all over an updated IJ or TAF. I can only imagine how cool they would be.

Well, what they "should" do and what they "can" do may be two different things. Machines like IJ, TAF, and TZ have massive licensing issues that are problematic at best (and might be impossible to overcome).

CC is missing a lot of code, and CV has problems with how the display is done. These issues can probably be worked around, but might be troublesome.

Machines like TOM, TOTAN, and WH20 do not have those issues.

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I understand. Wide screen would be nice. Maybe in due time.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, what they "should" do and what they "can" do may be two different things. Machines like IJ, TAF, and TZ have massive licensing issues that are problematic at best (and might be impossible to overcome).
CC is missing a lot of code, and CV has problems with how the display is done. These issues can probably be worked around, but might be troublesome.

IMHO TOTAN has issues with it's final wizard mode with the balls not auto plunging. Maybe it's just me, but having a ball just sit in the shooter lane is weird. I don't think it even has the mech to autoplunge. Just curious if CGC has the rights to add mechs and change code?

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Wouldn't Monster Bash also fall under the licensing issues? Maybe things are easier for a remake?

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

IMHO TOTAN has issues with it's final wizard mode with the balls not auto plunging. Maybe it's just me, but having a ball just sit in the shooter lane is weird. I don't think it even has the mech to autoplunge. Just curious if CGC has the rights to add mechs and change code?

Worst past is the game is uber boring...

#770 4 years ago

I was never really a big fan of TOTAN, but that doesn't really surprise me. Several machines have problems with their wizard modes. I've seen TZ get screwy when trying to re-load the gumball after LITZ. And STTNG gets really confused if you have a second Final Frontier in the same game. It's like it loses count of the balls it has on the playfield.

I always thought it was strange how Monster Bash uses (mostly) the same animations and voice call-outs for Monster Bash mode and Monsters of Rock. Seems like they could have done something to better differentiate them. If CGC could change code, I would have liked them to do something with that.

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Wouldn't Monster Bash also fall under the licensing issues? Maybe things are easier for a remake?

They did have go back through the licensing with Universal for Monster Bash, and it was fairly time-consuming. But Universal Monsters is not nearly as big a license deal as Indiana Jones (which is now Disney). And supposedly there are problems with Addams Family assets due to the death of Raul Julia.

#772 4 years ago

they have used home roms (coin play on) in Monster Bash.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was never really a big fan of TOTAN, but that doesn't really surprise me. Several machines have problems with their wizard modes. I've seen TZ get screwy when trying to re-load the gumball after LITZ. And STTNG gets really confused if you have a second Final Frontier in the same game. It's like it loses count of the balls it has on the playfield.

At very least be nice to be able to sideload the home roms for a few games if they remake them.

#774 4 years ago

True. Totan 2.0 fixed that problem with the possibility to add an auto launcher (same as CV).... and fixing all the software flaws... it seems to be close to be finished too.

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from longwetsocks:

That is not true. The backglass for IJ was hand drawn by Doug Watson. He was heavily influenced by the original Raiders of the Lost Ark & Last Crusade posters drawn by Richard Amsel and Drew Struzan. Every instance of Indy on the playfield and backglass had to be approved by both the licensor and Harrison Ford, just like Arnold had to approve T2. If you look at the IJ backglass, pretty much every "scene" was lifted from an existing Indy movie poster in some way, shape or form.

I stand corrected! It was a rumor that gained some traction. Thank you for the clarification!

You seem to have the inside scoop! I do stand by the rest of the reasons why it would be tough to get this thing approved for licensing.

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I think that it was an easier nut to crack. Universal was probably pretty happy to have someone interested in the license. They still use those likenesses at Universal Studios Orlando. Also, I don't think the music has any particular license (but I could be wrong).

The Indy theme music might be the biggest nightmare of them all. I am not sure if Disney even owns the rights to the theme.. they may have to license it themselves from Sony. Again, I could be wrong on this one, but everytime I do a license search for the Indy theme I find that Sone and BMI own the rights.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I stand corrected! It was a rumor that gained some traction. Thank you for the clarification!
You seem to have the inside scoop! I do stand by the rest of the reasons why it would be tough to get this thing approved for licensing.

Agreed. I highly doubt CGC wants to deal with the licensing nightmare that is IJ. It seems more likely that they will eventually move forward with CC. I'm not aware if they are allowed to change code, but I know at one point someone said they reached out to Eric Priepke regarding Continued Code. Given the CGC/Spooky relationship on the next Ben Heck project and Eric working on Rick & Morty, we could very well see this come to fruition. Also, from a technical perspective, CGC has now done three WPC-95 games. They have the entire infrastructure built for WPC-95 hardware and will continue to reuse that infrastructure while they can still make money on it. They are also able to reuse speaker panels and a slew of parts from their three previous games by sticking within the same era of pinball. Given that, it really only leaves two viable options (factoring in value on the used market): CC and TOTAN. CV could eventually happen but with it's DMD placement and other differences, it may not make sense for them. Just my two cents.

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from longwetsocks:

Agreed. I highly doubt CGC wants to deal with the licensing nightmare that is IJ. It seems more likely that they will eventually move forward with CC. I'm not aware if they are allowed to change code, but I know at one point someone said they reached out to Eric Priepke regarding Continued Code. Given the CGC/Spooky relationship on the next Ben Heck project and Eric working on Rick & Morty, we could very well see this come to fruition. Also, from a technical perspective, CGC has now done three WPC-95 games. They have the entire infrastructure built for WPC-95 hardware and will continue to reuse that infrastructure while they can still make money on it. They are also able to reuse speaker panels and a slew of parts from their three previous games by sticking within the same era of pinball. Given that, it really only leaves two viable options (factoring in value on the used market): CC and TOTAN. CV could eventually happen but with it's DMD placement and other differences, it may not make sense for them. Just my two cents.

They last posted they aren't allowed to change any game code and they will NOT make Continued code.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

They last posted they aren't allowed to change any game code and they will NOT make Continued code.

Assuming that's true, then I see CC as a poor choice. The reason CC is so expensive is because it is so rare, not because it is so good. If they make a few thousand more of them, then it becomes un-rare. And if the code can't be finished, then all you have is a common machine with poor code.

TOM or TOTAN (or even WH20) would be better choices I think. They may be much more common, but they are also good (and have finished code).

If they were allowed to finish the code (even if it isn't the Continued stuff), then CC would be a fine choice.

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

April Fools??

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

April Fools??

maybe they have MB HOME ROM coin play

1 week later
#782 4 years ago

I’m hearing Addams Family ?

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I would love that!

#784 4 years ago

My belief is CC will happen, The title is well worthy of a re-make albeit slightly weak code. I am fortunate to have played both CC and Continued and appreciated/preferred the extra depth and humor of Continued.
It's a shame CGC were apparently unable to negotiate inclusion of Continued code ? , I think that would make insta buy for me. Playing a 2020 build factory pimped out CC with upgraded display, magic LED light show and extra code would absolutely be a winner. So my stance on CC is to stay on sidelines until there is confirmation of further code from dev team.

Now next remake after CC my bets are on ToTAN my girl would love that title and probably force me to by it no matter what, Lol. I don't mind the game but..............

I have a feeling that the unlicensed/licensed ? ( wish I knew ) ? game CGC is working on will blow us all away ! I'm stoked Franchi is on art as I really like the style passion in his work. Can't wait to see CGC's Original effort.

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

TAF is the next game in Pinside Top 100 order that is next. I do not think CGC would do TZ as a remake.

#786 4 years ago

So I am considering buying the next title as my first NIB. What is the most effective and cheapest way to purchase a Chicago Gaming NIB pin?

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

So I am considering buying the next title as my first NIB. What is the most effective and cheapest way to purchase a Chicago Gaming NIB pin?

NIB games all have the same pricing structure....pretty much price fixed

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

TAF is the next game in Pinside Top 100 order that is next. I do not think CGC would do TZ as a remake.

Just curious, why wouldn't they do a TZ?

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Williams had to grab 3 licenses for this game. Theme, Rods image, and music

#790 4 years ago

TAF........ Take my $$$$. I hope CGC is listening !!!

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Been discussed dozens of times. Cost, complexity, and licenses.

#792 4 years ago

I think WW would be a great remake...not sure if theres any licensing issues with that title? CGC has already done the low hanging fruit....by far their best sellers that would demand high dollar would be IJ, TZ, and TAF (sounds like licensing is an issue for all)....possibly WW....not sure how the others would sell let alone demand $8300+ for an LE version of the game.

#793 4 years ago

Has CGC actually stated that there are licensing issues with TZ and have ruled it out or is it speculation at the moment?
Personally, I would love to buy a TZ remake- high grade cleared examples are difficult to find north of the boarder and remain very pricey.

#794 4 years ago

Taf take my money, anything else...I'm on hold

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think WW would be a great remake...not sure if theres any licensing issues with that title? CGC has already done the low hanging fruit....by far their best sellers that would demand high dollar would be IJ, TZ, and TAF (sounds like licensing is an issue for all)....possibly WW....not sure how the others would sell let alone demand $8300+ for an LE version of the game.

That’s the great thing about their business model. As 99% of the product/content is already engineered and done they don’t have to sell thousands of units like Stern to mark it as successful or profitable. One thousand units is a success. With that said TOTAN, CC, and CV have no license or upper Playfield and draw a huge secondary market value. Easy pickings. Maybe not to many on Pinside but my guess is they are not only focused on what we would like? Those three titles would sell 1K with minimal effort with just the larger screen.

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s the great thing about their business model. As 99% of the product/content is already engineered and done they don’t have to sell thousands of units like Stern to mark it as successful or profitable. One thousand units is a success. With that said TOTAN, CC, and CV have no license or upper Playfield and draw a huge secondary market value. Easy pickings. Maybe not to many on Pinside but my guess is they are not only focused on what we would like? Those three titles would sell 1K with minimal effort with just the larger screen.

Good points...what about WW?....I wouldn't be a buyer for any of those other games ( I've owned all 3 remakes and they are awesome)

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good points...what about WW?....I wouldn't be a buyer for any of those other games ( I've owned all 3 remakes and they are awesome)

Fun game no question but more times then not they can be found for 5k or less in the secondary market. Even a HEP WW went for 9. The market shows them which ones have margin. Love it or hate it CC has always been fetching 10-17k. Way to much! Same as MM and MB did years ago. Not any longer....

#798 4 years ago

opinion. i don't know much on catcus canyon, but if the code is so bad...who would want a remake? sort of wonder if somebody can make a continued code for the remake of catcus canyon, if it happens. on afm classic, it can be updated with a micro sd card. so...wouldn't it be possible for somebody to make cc continued if they remake the game?

if they are not doing something for the code, sort of hope the next remake is totan then.

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fun game no question but more times then not they can be found for 5k or less in the secondary market. Even a HEP WW went for 9. The market shows them which ones have margin. Love it or hate it CC has always been fetching 10-17k. Way to much! Same as MM and MB did years ago. Not any longer....

I just don't see TOTAN or CV selling very well (just my opinion), and I think CC is fun, but its incomplete .....really nice examples of WW sell for much higher than $5K in my area...by far the games that would demand the greatest $ and sales numbers would be IJ and then TZ, but its unlikely they will ever be remade

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

opinion. i don't know much on catcus canyon, but if the code is so bad...who would want a remake? sort of wonder if somebody can make a continued code for the remake of catcus canyon, if it happens. on afm classic, it can be updated with a micro sd card. so...wouldn't it be possible for somebody to make cc continued if they remake the game?
if they are not doing something for the code, sort of hope the next remake is totan then.

If it is indeed CC, trust me, they will make sure the code is finished and polished, however way they can. They will find a way. That’s how CGC rolls. They only produce top notch products. They do seem to have delay after delay, but you can’t deny their quality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 209.00
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/16?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.