4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 48.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

I hope the next to be IJ. Would be great with new animations

You have chosen...poorly.

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

I would spend cash for a new Indiana Jones pin

Stern will likely make one more go at it...or JJP when the new Indy 5 film drops in 2021, However it's going to be hard to top the Williams one. The Williams one aren't priced that crazy and an abundance of them are available... they made lots of them. 12,716 confirmed units. Same goes for Addam's Family @ 20,270 units pop up all the time for decent prices ... While both licenses are expensive for them to make, I think they likely look at how many are made and what the going secondary market is on them. It really makes the most sense for them to make Big Bang Bar, Cactus Canyon, or King Pin.

I'm going to guess Big Bang Bar, Cactus Canyon or King Pin is the next "Remake" CGC#4.. 2 of the 3 of those original games priced very high (BBB & KP); Cactus Canyon lots of them have been popping up for sale at reasonable prices, so I'd say that could be an indicator or people want to cash out before the originals dip with release of the remakes. Or could be a total coincidence.

#703 4 years ago

My guess for the next four years. CCr then King Pin then BBBr.
Between all of that they will release an in house pin not a remake.
Enjoy the speculation people its half the fun.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Enjoy the speculation people its half the fun.

Punchy The Clown is all the fun.

Imagine. Souped up software. Animated Fred Young topper. Big display. Better audio. Speaker lights. RGB light show.

Call your distributors now. Once they are all gone, you'll wish you did.

LTG : )

#705 4 years ago

Big Bang Bar - Capcom (14 units)
Big Bang Bar - PMI/IPB (191 units) aka Big Bang Bar Remake ?!

Big Bang Bar Remake 2 - CGC Remake of a Remake or BBBr2 #2?!

I wonder what allure it takes away from that rare title once these drop to $5999 retail for a standard... Kinda tempting based on the price alone considering the past several years of the The PMI/IPB's pricing. I've seen Big Bang Bar fluctuate over the years into the 20-25k range. What would it do to that price ?! I'm thinking it will plummet the PMI/IPB's.. same thing happened to MM, AFM & MB.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Big Bang Bar - Capcom (14 units)
Big Bang Bar - PMI/IPB (191 units) aka Big Bang Bar Remake ?!

Big Bang Bar Remake 2 - CGC Remake of a Remake or BBBr2 #2?!

Punchy The Clown. Alvin G. 103 units. - CGC remake - Priceless.

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Punchy The Clown. Alvin G. 103 units. - CGC remake - Priceless.

Let's vote Punchy in.

#708 4 years ago

They had a Punchy at the last TPF... or wait it was Expo? Either way, one has to ask, of all the pins to choose from to recreate, and Punchy tops your list, what's up between you and Punchy, like what clown in your past made this Punchy so endearing? I mean, I get the "I hate clown" people, because, lets face it, that damn clown from Poltergiest scared a whole generation of kids into hating them, not to mention ol' Steve-o's "It". But Punchy? Really? I mean, did Bozo ever do anything for you? I never really cared for clowns, mostly, because I can't stand that damn song...

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

what's up between you and Punchy

It's a long running gag.

Fred Young, who does many pinball voices. Was at a meeting at Alvin G to discuss the game Punchy the Clown. He was to present some sample voices for the game. As a joke he opened with that gosh awful hehehe I'm Punchy The Clown. Never meaning it to be used.

Of course the Alvin G people loved it and wanted it in the game.

The rest is history. I have blown Fred plenty of crap about it. Even calling him out at Expo with heheheh it's Fred Young. And he's appeared at some of my seminars to correct my imitating him doing Punchy.

Ya gotta love pinball.

Now that the secret is out, I shall have to adopt another title that I would like to see remade.

Perhaps Red Line Fever. Or maybe Zingy Bingy ?

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's a long running gag.

Everyone knows Fred, well if you go to Expo, you definitely know him. My sister in law, Terri Roth, gives him friendly grief as well, they have a long running acquaintance at Expo, and a lot of good Expo stories to tell on each other as well.

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm going to guess Big Bang Bar, Cactus Canyon or King Pin is the next "Remake" CGC#4..

You went all out on that guess. Care to narrow it down to one?

Quoted from HOOKED:

My guess for the next four years. CCr then King Pin then BBBr.

FYI. Kingpin is being "remade" by Cirqus Maximus with the P-ROC system. They are still finalizing the playfield artwork as there are variances in colors between most of the 9 prototype games. They are also still looking for the best fit for a contract manufacturer to build the games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here

For the most informative information about Kingpin, read just pkiefert's posts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here?tq=&tu=pkiefert

and a bit about how the code is progressing, including a new reworked 2.0 version.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here?tq=&tu=compy

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

FYI. Kingpin is being "remade" by Cirqus Maximus with the P-ROC system

That's going to be a good one! I really enjoyed playing the prototype at Expo! Hope they do BBB someday as well.

#713 4 years ago

bring on Zingy Bingy

#714 4 years ago

Agua Blanca por favor. Why? Its the best pinball machine ever created; and while, not the rarest, when a clean one does come up its very pricey and moves fast. Just my 2 cents

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

Agua Blanca por favor. Why? Its the best pinball machine ever created; and while, not the rarest, when a clean one does come up its very pricey and moves fast. Just my 2 cents

Ok, when I played WH2O on site, I loved it. But since playing it so much in league, if I owned one, it would be ripped from the floor and carted off by the highest bidder. I hate playing it now. Bring on TOM and TAF any day, but CC and WH2O, hard pass.

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, when I played WH2O on site, I loved it. But since playing it so much in league, if I owned one, it would be ripped from the floor and carted off by the highest bidder. I hate playing it now. Bring on TOM and TAF any day, but CC and WH2O, hard pass.

That's funny...I've owned my WH20 for over 20 years. Not only will I never sell it, my family would disown me if I did. Still my favorite machine.

"Get the Extra Ball...you wiener!"

#717 4 years ago

White Water is the number one on my list, but I’m concerned that they won’t do it because of the third flipper. There are more simple iconic unlicensed games like TOTAN and Theater.

#718 4 years ago

I doubt the third flipper is a problem, but recreating the topper might be. Creating the foil reflective pattern is a lost technology.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I doubt the third flipper is a problem, but recreating the topper might be. Creating the foil reflective pattern is a lost technology.

An extra wide LCD monitor on the top that showed the same rushing water maybe even rafters going over the edge occasionally would be a nice way to get over that issue and modernize it.

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

An extra wide LCD monitor on the top that showed the same rushing water maybe even rafters going over the edge occasionally would be a nice way to get over that issue and modernize it.

Total pass for me.

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Beer signs.

1 week later
#722 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

With the ongoing meltdown in the stock market and coronavirus scare, do these remake plans go forward or get put on hold? Has the fluid situation changed anyone's plans on NIB purchases?

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

With the ongoing meltdown in the stock market and coronavirus scare, do these remake plans go forward or get put on hold? Has the fluid situation changed anyone's plans on NIB purchases?

You should check this thread: seems like many people (including me) has no NIB plan for a while:
Doesn’t mean it will last forever but couple months at least IMO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse

1 week later
#724 4 years ago

Trade shows and events have always seemed to be when folks see new releases. Seeing it for yourself and hearing about it from friends that went has seemed to keep things going at a steady pace for years. Have there been any games that have not followed this pattern?

So what is CGC Remake #4? Cactus Canyon. or ?

I for one am all about polishing up the games I currently have and adding the new Medieval Madness Mods.. Hoping they still coming out next two months.

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Trade shows and events have always seemed to be when folks see new releases. Seeing it for yourself and hearing about it from friends that went has seemed to keep things going at a steady pace for years. Have there been any games that have not followed this pattern?
So what is CGC Remake #4? Cactus Canyon. or ?
I for one am all about polishing up the games I currently have and adding the new Medieval Madness Mods.. Hoping they still coming out next two months.

I'd get a TotAN remake for sure.

#726 4 years ago

I think they're done... Stern has finally made some good games and jjp games are fun too. Who would spend money on a remake? Seems like bad business to me. BBB just isn't that fun... Take away the rare factor and nobody would want it... Cactus is ok.... But same thing... You can buy an IJ for the same price as a new game today... It also falls short.

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I think they're done... Stern has finally made some good games and jjp games are fun too. Who would spend money on a remake? Seems like bad business to me. BBB just isn't that fun... Take away the rare factor and nobody would want it... Cactus is ok.... But same thing... You can buy an IJ for the same price as a new game today... It also falls short.

I think the great topper for mmr is a good step.
It was clearly a misstanke making the LE version truuly limited, they would have sold more, if they were not.

I think going forward, they need assets to support moving into led-screens with voices movie-clips etc in order to keep concept viable.

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

BBB just isn't that fun... Take away the rare factor and nobody would want it...

I would want it!

#729 4 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I think they're done...

I don't. I think they are just getting started.

Yes the virus mess will muck things up. Slow things down. But they have approximately four more titles to go in remakes and they have been considering their own titles for 2 or 3 years.

With their quality and build. They will be just fine.

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Wow, I think just the opposite.

With Stern's poor build quality and JJP's high prices, who would spend money on one of those when they could get an updated version of a Bally/Williams classic machine with superior quality and updated electronics?

Here is an interesting question, though. Would CGC be allowed to remake a B/W game but do a re-theme? There are a few well-loved games that are based on licenses that have not aged well (i.e. Shadow, Congo). Suppose they did a re-theme of these games, using the same layout and rules, but re-doing the artwork and audio. These might do well. Shadow is liked primarily for it's game play, not for it's license.

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Wow, I think just the opposite.
With Stern's poor build quality and JJP's high prices, who would spend money on one of those when they could get an updated version of a Bally/Williams classic machine with superior quality and updated electronics?
Here is an interesting question, though. Would CGC be allowed to remake a B/W game but do a re-theme? There are a few well-loved games that are based on licenses that have not aged well (i.e. Shadow, Congo). Suppose they did a re-theme of these games, using the same layout and rules, but re-doing the artwork and audio. These might do well. Shadow is liked primarily for it's game play, not for it's license.

and if they change the art / sound they also need to fix a few code bugs as well.

#732 4 years ago

Subject deviation, where can I get an Exterior volume knob and headphone jack....for CGC...go! Hahaha...

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and if they change the art / sound they also need to fix a few code bugs as well.

Well, changing the art and sound is a lot easier than changing the code. Do they even have the original source code and/or permission to modify it?

They've already changed the DMD artwork for the Special editions, so that part is not so hard. And they have remastered the sound already, so swapping out sounds seems to be doable. That leaves just changing the playfield and cabinet artwork.

Again, I don't know if they are allowed to do a re-theme, but assuming that they are, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard.

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Again, I don't know if they are allowed to do a re-theme, but assuming that they are, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard.

If they have rights to the theme, then they can always go with art that isn't based on the actors in the movies. It shouldn't be hard with The Shadow. Maybe harder with Congo.

#735 4 years ago

ITS Addams Family !!!!!!!

I will take an LE with updated topper and black trim ! Thank you

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

ITS Addams Family !!!!!!!
I will take an LE with updated topper and black trim ! Thank you

If it is, I am Lining up as well!

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

If they have rights to the theme, then they can always go with art that isn't based on the actors in the movies. It shouldn't be hard with The Shadow. Maybe harder with Congo.

I meant completely doing a new theme, so that you don't have to deal with the licensing at all. Simply take the Congo layout and make a "new" pin from it.

And trying to re-licence "The Shadow" as separate from the movie would not likely work. Licensing doesn't work that way.

#738 4 years ago

It's not what they do. They "remake" existing, not come up with a new product...I don't see why people don't get what they are all about...ask them and they will tell you the same.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

not come up with a new product.

If you mean an entirely new game/title. They've been talking about it for 2 or 3 years now. It is in their plans. Public knowledge.

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you mean an entirely new game/title. They've been talking about it for 2 or 3 years now. It is in their plans. Public knowledge.

Yes, and a re-theme would sort of be a half-step towards developing a completely new machine. It would also allow them to utilize some of the Bally/Williams rights without having to go through the complicated (and costly) licensing stuff (especially on licenses that have not aged well - i.e. Congo ).

#741 4 years ago

I don't see that happening.

But who knows what the future may bring ?

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And trying to re-licence "The Shadow" as separate from the movie would not likely work. Licensing doesn't work that way.

Why not? They would get the Shadow, but couldn't use actor likenesses. If any of the actors did sound bites, they might have to rerecord those. But not having to use the actors could drop the overall price while not affecting gameplay. Similar to the rerelease of Spiderman with the cartoon theme.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Why not? They would get the Shadow, but couldn't use actor likenesses. If any of the actors did sound bites, they might have to rerecord those. But not having to use the actors could drop the overall price while not affecting gameplay. Similar to the rerelease of Spiderman with the cartoon theme.

They would need to either license the Shadow radio property, or the movie property - one or the other. Furthermore, it is likely that the owner of the movie property (whoever that is now) would need to re-license the radio character (as it is unlikely that their original movie license is still in force). And the whole thing is probably not even worth the effort - most people don't even remember that there was such a movie.

People don't like the Shadow pin because of the movie license - they like the pin's layout and mechs. So, make a new game with that layout and make new art/sound/dots for it - and avoid the whole licensing mess.

#744 4 years ago

Insta-buy for Indiana Jones with color dmd playing movie clips if they could ever get licensing together.

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Insta-buy for Indiana Jones with color dmd playing movie clips if they could ever get licensing together.

Sure, but even if they could get the licensing done, the wide body machines are inherently more expensive (not just the cabinet - but all the additional "stuff" that fills the larger playfield area). Add the license (which is sure to be expensive), and they would have to sell the machines at a much higher price point.

Would it still do well? Maybe, but in this economic environment, it's a risky bet.

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

the mouse says you must add the 4th and 5th movie

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

the mouse says you must add the 4th and 5th movie

And will charge you double for the new license...

#748 4 years ago

As much as we can all wish for titles my guess is the non license titles of TOTAN, CC, and CV are easy low risk High dollar low hanging fruit that would not require any hoops to jump through. Not saying they would appeal to everyone but CGC doesn't need to make 5k of any title. All of the assets in their portfolio would sell well as long as they keep the standards up as they have in the past.

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As much as we can all wish for titles my guess is the non license titles of TOTAN, CC, and CV are easy low risk High dollar low hanging fruit that would not require any hoops to jump through. Not saying they would appeal to everyone but CGC doesn't need to make 5k of any title. All of the assets in their portfolio would sell well as long as they keep the standards up as they have in the past.

CV may need rom 2.0 + coin play mod

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

CV may need rom 2.0 + coin play mod

And the CGC display system will not work well with CV having the display where it is. With most of the "good" machines left to make being either wide-bodies, expensive licenses, needing finished code (like CC), or having other build issues (like CV), it seems like TOTAN or TOM are the easy choices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/15?hl=xian222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.