4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 48.
#651 4 years ago

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

We already know what it's going to be.
It's definitely CC...unless it's TOTAN or TOM, with a slight possibility of WH20. Of course, it could be BBB, or TAF, unless they surprise us with TZ, though maybe it will be an original title.
I don't understand why you are confused.

For those advocating for a WH2O remake, just curious if you’d buy it without the original type of topper? No one has ever figured out how to replicate the ones used on the originals so guessing it would be difficult for CGC as well.

#653 4 years ago

Argghhhh missed it (sarcasm) carry on

#654 4 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Huh? It’s definitely but could be... how do we know you listed 7 games

Yes, and it's definitely one of those 7, unless it's something else...which it might be.

I was being facetious and summarizing the entire thread.

Nobody really knows...we don't really know if they will reveal it soon...but a reveal at Texas Pinball Festival in March seems likely.

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

For those advocating for a WH2O remake, just curious if you’d buy it without the original type of topper? No one has ever figured out how to replicate the ones used on the originals so guessing it would be difficult for CGC as well.

Well, personally, I wouldn't, but that's only because I've owned my WH20 for almost 25 years (and it's topper is in great shape).

Overall though, I would think that the topper would be a requirement (the translite for WH20 doesn't even have the game's name on it otherwise). And if anyone could replicate the topper I would think it would be CGC, as they would likely have access to the original plans/procedures from Williams files.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, personally, I wouldn't, but that's only because I've owned my WH20 for almost 25 years (and it's topper is in great shape).
Overall though, I would think that the topper would be a requirement (the translite for WH20 doesn't even have the game's name on it otherwise). And if anyone could replicate the topper I would think it would be CGC, as they would likely have access to the original plans/procedures from Williams files.

What I’ve read is that not even the old Williams files have a good record of how they made those. Hard to believe a technology from the early 90’s couldn’t be easily replicated but who knows. Surprising no one has been able to make an accurate replacement yet.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Hard to believe a technology from the early 90’s couldn’t be easily replicated but who knows.

What's the part that's hard to replicate?

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

What's the part that's hard to replicate?

The shiny metal foil simulating water. A grain to it. Light bouncing off of it is really neat.

LTG : )

#659 4 years ago

Ah, hell, I missed out on that mess. It seems odd that it's a problem.

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Ah, hell, I missed out on that mess. It seems odd that it's a problem.

With today cnc etching going home and 3d printing, it’s really strange.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

With today cnc etching going home and 3d printing, it’s really strange.

Many people have attempted it, and came up with nothing.

#662 4 years ago

Gibranx seemed to be making very good progress in duplicating the original topper foil, but he's gone silent as of late.

Maybe he's silent because he made a deal to produce topper foil for CGC ?! (...just feeding the pinside rumor mill)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ideas-for-white-water-topper/page/9

#663 4 years ago

CGC could easily put some kind of lcd display to improve the topper if needed. That's kind of their style - improve details and cosmetics.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

CGC could easily put some kind of lcd display to improve the topper if needed. That's kind of their style - improve details and cosmetics.

Maybe buy the WH2O topper is essentially considered to be part of the game itself. Any remake would need it or a substantial improvement.

The bigger question is whether WH2O is at a price point where it would even make sense for CGC to remake it? I say no unless they can price it 6k or less.

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Maybe buy the WH2O topper is essentially considered to be part of the game itself. Any remake would need it or a substantial improvement.
The bigger question is whether WH2O is at a price point where it would even make sense for CGC to remake it? I say no unless they can price it 6k or less.

That's the real question...will people shell out $7-8K for ANY of the possible choices. Does a $7K "classic" TOM attract buyers? or TOTAN?
They've already done the obvious choices. The other "big money" machines either require a big license, or are expensive to make wide-bodies, or both.

And the "rare" machines (CC, BBB, etc) command a premium because of their rarity, and that rarity will vanish if CGC makes a bunch of them.

There's no easy solution.

#666 4 years ago

The WH2O topper was probably made from a foil that has been banned. Be it manufacturing or environmental reasons.

You know the old saying. " If it works ban it"

#667 4 years ago

Next remake: Alien or bust... if they want to do something guaranteed to sell well, I think that would be the one.

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Next remake: Alien or bust... if they want to do something guaranteed to sell well, I think that would be the one.

If they do, let them wait a few years. My wallet needs a rest

#669 4 years ago

Medieval Madness Upgrades coming real soon. Super stoked by this upgrade as I've had my game MMr awhile and
love to give the old gal some upgrades.
If the next one is Cactus Canyon do you think it would sell like the previous titles? Well they can
take all the time they like. To many titles to choose from ATM and next game is going to have to be
pretty amazing as competition is getting bigger.

#670 4 years ago

If Cactus Canyon is anything like the other LE remakes, then it’ll be a must have for me!

#671 4 years ago

The household concensus right now is:

TAF
TotAN
TOM
Centaur

and all 4 would be definite purchases... but CCr is still a hard pass

#672 4 years ago

I'd pass on CCr as well, and only pass on TAFr because I already have an original TAF. TOTAN I'd maybe be in for, TOM not so sure. I'm running out of room, so if I do buy another pin it would have to be a very good one and maybe displace Stern IJ or RFM/SWEP1.

#673 4 years ago

Why remake TAF? There are tons of them out there. Every operator has one and if you wanted one in your home there are consistently 5-10 for sale any given minute. ToTAN is different and so is CC. Scarce machines that not everybody has even played. I’m in on the next game because the quality of my MBr is very good but I hope that pinball manufactures address playfield problems and fix it once and for all

#674 4 years ago

If you own a CGC remake like MBrLE, and I do, then wanting a brand new TAFrLE, with new everything is way more appealng than buying a 25 year old route queen. I own a few old machines, and MBrLE is not going to be one I will worry about keeping running, it’s my 30+ year old machines that are going to need TLC to keep running. Can’t a person want the same thing in a TAFrLE? Don’t a lot of CGC owners wish all their machines were shiny and new like their last CGC purchase? We just blew our pinball budget out last year getting 3 machines, a new MBrLE, a 21 year old South Park, and a 54 year old Central Park. That was a chunk of change, but let CGC anounce TAFr instead of CCr and Its an instant buy, but CCr does nothing for me. I have played enough CC in my life to know it is not a title that will last in a lot of peoples collections without major code overhaul. Without major code changes, CCr could dance naked in the streets and I would just walk on by, and even with new rules, or completed code, the theme is weak sauce in my opinion. It has only one redeaming thing going for it which is why CGC is probably making it, and that is it’s a way more family friendly theme than others.

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Why remake TAF? There are tons of them out there. Every operator has one and if you wanted one in your home there are consistently 5-10 for sale any given minute. ToTAN is different and so is CC. Scarce machines that not everybody has even played. I’m in on the next game because the quality of my MBr is very good but I hope that pinball manufactures address playfield problems and fix it once and for all

There are tons of them out there because it's probably the most popular game. Makes sense to remake popular games. I don't think CC is nearly as popular. Pinside shows only 473 have CC on want list while TAF has almost 1500. No question TAF would be the better seller.

#676 4 years ago

Sign me up if I can get a NIB AFr. Love my MBr Classic.

1 week later
#677 4 years ago

May have glossed over it but when do we anticipate hearing what the next game will be?

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

well CGC's track record of new toppers, I guess I'd just vote for a new kick butt topper. Imagine one with an lcd built in to do water effects....man it could be awesome. I see a WH20 in MN and they want $7k+.... easy vote for a remake on this game, super fun.

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

May have glossed over it but when do we anticipate hearing what the next game will be?

I think TPF, which I think most also think?....which is March 27th

#680 4 years ago

Yes, I suspect that they will announce something at TPF. They had a pretty big presence there last year.

I also expect it will be either TOM or TOTAN. I like TOM, but never liked TOTAN at all (yes, I realize that I'm in the minority on this).

I imagine that they would like to remake TZ (as it's the remaining top-4 game that they haven't done), but the cost to build it is so high it probably wouldn't work out (and who knows what the licensing costs would be on top of that). They'd probably have to sell it for $12K or something.

I'm just excited to be getting my MBr next month at TPF.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Hmm, maybe -- but I've owned a TAF played it for two years, got bored of it and sold it -- but I'd still be very tempted by a TAFr if priced the same as the last two offerings. I don't think it will be a TAF because of licensing, but I believe it would be their second biggest seller after MMr. Just a guess on my part and your argument makes sense too.

#682 4 years ago

I would love to see a TZr. These don't come up locally all that often and restored clear coated examples seem very scarce north of the boarder.
It would be an instant buy for my self and would look awesome beside my ordered MMr Royal (my first CGC game).
I get that the costs may be higher for a TZ remake but I wouldn't be surprised if it still sold well given high grade examples are still in demand and fetching high prices.

If I hadn't already owned a restored example of MB, this would have been on my CGC want list as well.
Assuming CC or BBB are the next remakes, it will be interesting to see how well these sell. I have never seen a BBB and only once seen & played a CC.

#683 4 years ago

From a value and sales standpoint IJ makes the most sense....great examples of that game for $9K + LE versions of that game would sell out quick

#684 4 years ago

I think it catcus canyon with a new code

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

From a value and sales standpoint IJ makes the most sense....great examples of that game for $9K + LE versions of that game would sell out quick

I think the license would be near impossible. I’d be shocked if Disney would approve any release that completely ignores the 4th film. The other issue is the music... the Indy theme song has multiple holders (including... I believe Sony). I think IJ and TZ are probably the two that have most hurdles.

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think the license would be near impossible. I’d be shocked if Disney would approve any release that completely ignores the 4th film. The other issue is the music... the Indy theme song has multiple holders (including... I believe Sony). I think IJ and TZ are probably the two that have most hurdles.

your probably correct, but from a sales/market perspective it makes the most sense if they could secure the license...

#687 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

your probably correct, but from a sales/market perspective it makes the most sense if they could secure the license...

Except that, even disregarding the licensing issues, the widebody machines (like TZ and IJ) will be inherently more expensive to build, as both the cabinets are larger and are filled with more "stuff". This will mean higher prices than the three previous remakes.

With everyone complaining about rising machine prices, does CGC really want to build more expensive stuff right now? Can the market support more "high-end" pins at this point?

I think the "normal-size" and non-licensed pins make more sense for them at this point...this means most likely TOM or TOTAN...though WH2O is a possibility.

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Except that, even disregarding the licensing issues, the widebody machines (like TZ and IJ) will be inherently more expensive to build, as both the cabinets are larger and are filled with more "stuff". This will mean higher prices than the three previous remakes.
With everyone complaining about rising machine prices, does CGC really want to build more expensive stuff right now? Can the market support more "high-end" pins at this point?
I think the "normal-size" and non-licensed pins make more sense for them at this point...this means most likely TOM or TOTAN...though WH2O is a possibility.

I see your point, but the cost additions are minimal since they make their own cabinets and play fields....IJ remake would be a home run even at a higher cost.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I see your point, but the cost additions are minimal since they make their own cabinets and play fields....IJ remake would be a home run even at a higher cost.

But it would have to me a "much" higher cost...not because the cabinet and playfield are larger, but there are also all the additional mechs and such that go into filling up the larger playfield area.

And that's in addition to the Disney licensing costs that will need to be passed on into the price - assuming the license is even available at all.

Sure, it COULD be a big hit...but it might also cost $12K and be priced out of the market.

#690 4 years ago

What was the original promised game list.

Medieval Madness
Attack From Mars
Monster Bash
... Cactus Canyon
Cirqus Voltaire
Theater of Magic
Big Bang Bar
and TOTAN

So.. One from that list.. God I can't even remember where I saw that list originally.

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

What was the original promised game list.
Medieval Madness
Attack From Mars
Monster Bash
... Cactus Canyon
Cirqus Voltaire
Theater of Magic
Big Bang Bar
and TOTAN
So.. One from that list.. God I can't even remember where I saw that list originally.

Rick from Planetary Pinball had comments in another Pinside thread about it, maybe 2-3 years ago. He said that there were 7 remakes on the current list, that's all he said. Not which ones were on the list, as I am sure that list has changed over the years from when he wrote that. He did say TAF had a lot of machines produced in the original run so that might be an issue for doing a remake. There were no other direct comments on specific pins that I can remember from him. I did get the impression that TOM was one of the 7 at that time, for some reason.

#692 4 years ago

They should do a combo pin like the Superman Batman movie. Only Indiana Jones VS Gomez Addams.

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Rick from Planetary Pinball had comments in another Pinside thread about it, maybe 2-3 years ago. He said that there were 7 remakes on the current list, that's all he said. Not which ones were on the list, as I am sure that list has changed over the years from when he wrote that. He did say TAF had a lot of machines produced in the original run so that might be an issue for doing a remake. There were no other direct comments on specific pins that I can remember from him. I did get the impression that TOM was one of the 7 at that time, for some reason.

Are you referring to this...

B2A888E7-917E-45E4-A78B-D6D665CB5627 (resized).pngB2A888E7-917E-45E4-A78B-D6D665CB5627 (resized).png
#694 4 years ago

I also remember seeing him list out the games on the remake list. I was surprised he did it, but he did post that somewhere.

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They should do a combo pin like the Superman Batman movie. Only Indiana Jones VS Gomez Addams.

youre an ideas man Lloyd

#696 4 years ago

I wonder if a Creech would ever work as a re-make?

#697 4 years ago

A remake of Doctor Who with new Franchi art and sound package, I would love to see that. A lot of mechanicals for sure and an opportunity for a new Dalek topper!

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

A remake of Doctor Who with new Franchi art and sound package, I would love to see that. A lot of mechanicals for sure and an opportunity for a new Dalek topper!

Don't think anything like that would happen. BBC really over values its licenses.

#699 4 years ago

I hope the next to be IJ. Would be great with new animations

#700 4 years ago

I would spend cash for a new Indiana Jones pin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.