4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 48.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

but first everyone would bitch about how wrong their decision is,

I wouldn't bitch.

I'd just be sad. Very sad. There might be real tears. Boo Hoo.

LTG : (

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't bitch.

I'd just be sad. Very sad. There might be real tears. Boo Hoo.

See. The Monkey is sad too.

#603 4 years ago

So what your saying is under promise over deliver?

Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a guess, but first everyone would bitch about how wrong their decision is, second be upset there isn’t a ship date, then complain about always being Delayed. With the current business plan there is nothing to bitch about! At least that’s my thought.

#604 4 years ago

Maybe it’s a completely new game ?

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

So what your saying is under promise over deliver?

Managing expectations. Simple business model.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See. The Monkey is sad too.

You sir are too funny. You might have a reason to make a video tomorrow.

From TheModCouple. Lol

#607 4 years ago

The saddest part of the pinball community is the popular sentiment that exposing young kids to highly sexualized elements of culture is acceptable. No, your 2nd grader doesn’t need to have a conversation about what a stripper is because there’s a stripper “toy” in a freaking pinball machine.

Props to all the dads who deeply consider which pins they expose their kids to. The development of your children is way more important than a pinball machine.

#608 4 years ago

I didnt have kids, I have a pretty graphically “over the top” Bride of Pinbot that sits there like a blow up doll all day and lets not get started about putting your balls in her mouth, eyes, throat, and make her sing... yeah I must be some kind of deviant, or wait, was that the guy who designed it?

#609 4 years ago

I know I’m in the minority, but I’d love the opportunity to buy a NIB Twilight Zone. White Water was mentioned, and that’s definitely on my list of machines I want, but you can still pick up nice examples. Twilight Zones that are best to hell still get a premium.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

The saddest part of the pinball community is the popular sentiment that exposing young kids to highly sexualized elements of culture is acceptable. No, your 2nd grader doesn’t need to have a conversation about what a stripper is because there’s a stripper “toy” in a freaking pinball machine.
Props to all the dads who deeply consider which pins they expose their kids to. The development of your children is way more important than a pinball machine.

Unfortunately many parents use tablets to take the place of parenting these days and their kids will see much worst on Instagram and Tic Toc than they will ever see from any pinball machine. All children are seeing more than they are ready for these days. Can’t stop it. Better to always have open conversation and discuss things with your children. They are seeing more than you think.

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Unfortunately many parents use tablets to take the place of parenting these days and their kids will see much worst on Instagram and Tic Toc than they will ever see from any pinball machine. All children are seeing more than they are ready for these days. Can’t stop it. Better to always have open conversation and discuss things with your children. They know more than you think.

Tablets? My parents used wooden spoons. My have things changed.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Too funny. My mom used to mostly threaten me with a big wooden spoon. Mostly.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So because kids will likely have access to the internet and movies parents should just say what the hell and put whatever they feel like right at their kids fingertips? I get what you're saying and agree kids do a lot of stuff we cant control but don't think that is the point.
Regardless, BBB as a theme holds zero interest for me with or without alien strippers. I know it has its fans but not sure CGC would sell enough to make it worthwhile. Just doesn't seem like a theme with broad appeal.

No, I have no issue with you not buying it for those reasons, however I think that idea that this game is somehow THAT big of an issue is overblowing it. The theme is adult in nature, but it isn't x-rated...PG-13 at most. I get you not having an interest in it, I have zero interest in them redoing Addams Family, or CC (and everyones preference of games is going to vary), but the conversation was going into the 'how dare they do something with that subject matter in 2020 because I have kids' realm which I feel is the wrong way to look at it. I would not expect everyone to want every single game they put out. The first 3 made complete sense, but it's clear that from there there's going to be division on what will sell. I think out of the plethora of potential games BB would probably sell the most up front simply because of the lack of them and it would be a brand new game most have never played.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wooden Spoons and belts!

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

The pole dancer along with the valley girl orgasm call outs are not what I want my 11yr old daughter thinking her dad likes in a woman. I don’t think it matters what country your from...If you want your kid to aspire to this then I look forward to seeing her the next time I’m in the strip club.

Wait. You GO to strip clubs, and you are worried about what your daughter might think of you for a pinball machine? The double standard of dad being willing to sexually exploit women for behavior that he otherwise condemns is probably a tad more damaging. I hope that was groundless hyperbole on your part.

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Wait. You GO to strip clubs, and you are worried about what your daughter might think of you for a pinball machine? The double standard of dad being willing to sexually exploit women for behavior that he otherwise condemns is probably a tad more damaging. I hope that was groundless hyperbole on your part.

I gave up on the ‘woke’ crowd yesterday but nice post.

I’m sure you’ll get flamed for it.

#618 4 years ago

Kaminkow interview during super pinball podcast - he mentions the title CGC is working on although they bleep it out. For those crazy’s out there you can tell the length of the title by the length of the bleep......What could it be?????? Hmmmmmm

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Unfortunately many parents use tablets to take the place of parenting these days

Do you have kids?

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Where did he say he goes to strip clubs?

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Quoted from Dashmonster:

...If you want your kid to aspire to this then I look forward to seeing her the next time I’m in the strip club.

Get over yourselves - it’s a pinball machine.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

He said it in the message:

Quoted from Dashmonster:

.If you want your kid to aspire to this then I look forward to seeing her the next time I’m in the strip club.

If he was speaking hyperbolically, then it's fine. But if he actually does frequent strip clubs and is worried about depictions of strippers warping his daughter? That's odd.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Do you have kids?

I do not. Does that disqualify me on making a comment on modern parenting? I am 48 and have a lot of experience with kids. Even if I didn’t all one would need is to be old enough to remember parenting in the 70s and 80s and have a pulse and set of eyeballs to see the huge difference in how kids are being raised today. I see what is done in public and private with friends and family. The kids seem to be in charge of the parents in a lot of cases. It is a joke. When I grew up respect for parents and all adults was paramount. You don’t have that today and it shows in children’s behavior. Maybe it’s just me but the lack of control parents have seems to lead to them handing their children the phone/tablet as a way to distract and diffuse the bad behavior. Maybe you could tell me how I am wrong instead of just trying to disqualify me from the conversation. And how old are you exactly?

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You sir are too funny. You might have a reason to make a video tomorrow.

From TheModCouple. Lol

Thanks Dave !

LTG : )

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks Dave !

Lol. Dam I was hoping to see some Prada monkey vids lol. Another package is arriving this afternoon and one more on Monday cause your Awesome.

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dam I was hoping to see some Prada monkey vids

Didn't quite fit. And now she is mad at me.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I do not. Does that disqualify me on making a comment on modern parenting? I am 48 and have a lot of experience with kids. Even if I didn’t all one would need is to be old enough to remember parenting in the 70s and 80s and have a pulse and set of eyeballs to see the huge difference in how kids are being raised today. I see what is done in public and private with friends and family. The kids seem to be in charge of the parents in a lot of cases. It is a joke. When I grew up respect for parents and all adults was paramount. You don’t have that today and it shows in children’s behavior. Maybe it’s just me but the lack of control parents have seems to lead to them handing their children the phone/tablet as a way to distract and diffuse the bad behavior. Maybe you could tell me how I am wrong instead of just trying to disqualify me from the conversation. And how old are you exactly?

I was just wondering what your parenting experience was... Forget I asked, you seemed to go off there a bit. Not that important.

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Didn't quite fit. And now she is mad at me.

Very sorry Prada!!! Wanted to keep you warm for those bitter MN days. Plus LTG loves to make you look silly lol. New Larger Lady size outfit arrives Monday! Stay warm.

#629 4 years ago

I still think the next game is going to be TOTAN or TOM - these are both games that don't need a license, and have crept up well past normal prices for what they are.
I really don't see CC or BBB moving that many units but either way CGC knows what they are doing.

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

When I grew up respect for parents and all adults was paramount.

As a parent of 2 kids under the age of 6, here's my take. Not all adults are respectable. Kids this age are not savvy enough to deal with those types of adults. So that's part of being a parent to me, teaching them that some adults are bad people and be careful and Dad's got your back. When they are older, they will be taught like I was that right is right and wrong is wrong and a relationship does not determine loyalty to right or wrong. It is what it is, for me anyway..

That said, I'd love to buy them an IJr, it's only right!

#631 4 years ago

I was most interested in CC but if, from what I've been reading here, the code for CC cannot be completed or "continued" I suppose I would lean toward TOM or TOTAN. When I toured Chicago Gaming during the MB R "sneak peak" I was told that some additional coding was being done for a future release

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Even if I didn’t all one would need is to be old enough to remember parenting in the 70s and 80s and have a pulse and set of eyeballs to see the huge difference in how kids are being raised today.

I think you are describing a sample bias. Some parents sucked in the 70s and 80s, but you probably didn't see it as a child. Likewise, some parents suck now, but you are not seeing the majority who are fine, because their kids aren't affecting you or otherwise drawing your attention. It's always the two extremes(the amazing kids and the dipshits) who garner the most attention in any situation. The middle group(where most kids will reside) just blend into the background.
Edit: I am speaking as a parent to 3 boys who are either in college or getting ready to head there. You probably wouldn't notice them in a negative way, since they are all good kids who stay out of trouble.

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

He said it in the message:

If he was speaking hyperbolically, then it's fine. But if he actually does frequent strip clubs and is worried about depictions of strippers warping his daughter? That's odd.

Yeah, well, given the context there pretty sure that isn't what you're making out to be.

#634 4 years ago

Enough with the parenting talk already, damn.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

My experience as a parent today: You cannot make kids do anything they don't want to do anymore. (if you think that you can, by a few little things, just wait til they get a bit older) Yesteryear parents would just beat the shit out of them to get them to do what they want. (go to bed, brush their teeth ect...) That is not acceptable now and most cases wouldn't work anyway. Parents now are just a guide. We warn our kids what will happen if they do not: get decent grades, stay away from sex, drugs and rock and roll... (wait not rock and roll) It's a coin flip if they will actually listen. My 21 year old didn't listen and now he is homeless. (and yes that is his choice)

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Enough with the parenting talk already, damn.

No shit right? I just caught up on 2-1/2 pages and thought maybe there was an CGC announcement.

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My experience as a parent today: You cannot make kids do anything they don't want to do anymore. (if you think that you can, by a few little things, just wait til they get a bit older) Yesteryear parents would just beat the shit out of them to get them to do what they want. (go to bed, brush their teeth ect...) That is not acceptable now and most cases wouldn't work anyway. Parents now are just a guide. We warn our kids what will happen if they do not: get decent grades, stay away from sex, drugs and rock and roll... (wait not rock and roll) It's a coin flip if they will actually listen. My 21 year old didn't listen and now he is homeless. (and yes that is his choice)

Yesteryear parents just beat their kids to get them to brush their teeth, go to bed, etc.?!! Interesting take. I guess I was in the lucky minoritythat wasn't beaten and still brushed my teeth and slept on occasion.

#638 4 years ago

Are we really discussing pinballs that aren’t good for kids ? I say bring on BBBR with girls and strippers ! If your kids don’t like it then don’t buy it !

#639 4 years ago

my dogs wont let me get bad cats pin.

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

My dogs wont let me get a Bad Cats pin.

What dog doesn't want to see a cat get hit with a broom?

#641 4 years ago

Im all in on a BBB on theme alone. Also Totan is a instant buy for me.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Your 21 yo is homeless? Like kicked out?

#643 4 years ago

I still want catcus canyon. I think a western theme is cool and with upgrades and color screen it would be really good.

What are the odds of black hole remake happening?

#644 4 years ago

I am sorry for even bringing up modern parenting. I should know better.
Hopefully this thread can get back on track.

How about a T2 remake? I know there are some out there for reasonable money but most are beat to hell. Maybe CGC could fix a few things from the original in the remake.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

my dogs wont let me get bad cats pin.

My cats won't let me get Mousin' Around, bu apparently someone is making a 22 hour round trip top get one.

#646 4 years ago

amazing that this hasnt leaked astounding that employees from suppliers havnt put 2 and 2 together and figured whats being produced maybe

ooommph looomphs employed or mexicans kept in a tunnel,\

#647 4 years ago

i am in on the next new game. solid company selling pretty solid machines.

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

amazing that this hasnt leaked astounding that employees from suppliers havnt put 2 and 2 together and figured whats being produced maybe

We already know what it's going to be.
It's definitely CC...unless it's TOTAN or TOM, with a slight possibility of WH20. Of course, it could be BBB, or TAF, unless they surprise us with TZ, though maybe it will be an original title.

I don't understand why you are confused.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Yes, some subcontractor could confirm if a lot of "Keep Out" -signs for the PF have been ordered by CGC

#650 4 years ago

Huh? It’s definitely but could be... how do we know you listed 7 games

Quoted from mbeardsley:

We already know what it's going to be.
It's definitely CC...unless it's TOTAN or TOM, with a slight possibility of WH20. Of course, it could be BBB, or TAF, unless they surprise us with TZ, though maybe it will be an original title.
I don't understand why you are confused.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/13?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.