4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 48.
#551 4 years ago

I'd fork out cash for a Whitewater Remake with all kinds of cool bells and whistles. I'm also curious about the (inevitable, it seems) Cactus Canyon Remake. I'm assuming it will be the "continued" version with code updates and three damsels in distress. Does anyone know any of the details about that particular issue?

#552 4 years ago

Would be interested in a TAF and a WH2O remake. Pipe dream would be maybe a TZ and FT.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I'd fork out cash for a Whitewater Remake with all kinds of cool bells and whistles. I'm also curious about the (inevitable, it seems) Cactus Canyon Remake. I'm assuming it will be the "continued" version with code updates and three damsels in distress. Does anyone know any of the details about that particular issue?

This has been covered many times, it's 99% most likely not going to be "continued" unless they have very recently come to some agreement on that which is a very well kept secret.

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Would be interested in a TAF and a WH2O remake.

those two are on/near the top of my list - I'm a buyer of those two remakes for sure.

#555 4 years ago

I wonder what games WON’T be remade?

I’d guess

TZ - cost/license/wide body/ and not especially rare

IJ - see TZ

TAF - I believe Planetary Pinball pretty much said it wouldn’t happen since some license holders are not interested in remaking machines/products with out-of-date IP

Shadow - license/aftermarket cost

ST:TNG - see Shadow

Congo - see Shadow

And so on

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

continued does not take coins and I think some of the added voice work is ok for free use but not to sold.

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I’d guess
IJ - see TZ
TAF - I believe Planetary Pinball pretty much said it wouldn’t happen since some license holders are not interested in remaking machines/products with out-of-date IP
Congo - see Shadow
And so on

Finally some reasoning applied.

Makes BBB a very appealing candidate. Banzai Run, perhaps. I have no interest in CC.

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

BBBr and it’s pole dancers would be a pass. Not that I don’t like pole dancers but one has to think of the kiddies.

i don‘t understand what you mean. what is wrong if children see the pole dancers? can you explain?
may i ask which country you come from?

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

i don‘t understand what you mean. what is wrong if children see the pole dancers? can you explain?

Is this a serious question? What's wrong with children seeing strippers pole dancing? What a great conversation starter...... Well little Susie...... Jane has decided she's going to take her clothes off so men pay her money.

Pinball really bringing the family together.

#560 4 years ago

This is the “pole dancer” alien from BBB....

No worse than a mannequin at a clothing store but to each their own.

3B2901E4-D972-4056-920F-1593199C0CB3 (resized).jpeg3B2901E4-D972-4056-920F-1593199C0CB3 (resized).jpeg
#561 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

No worse than a mannequin at a clothing store but to each their own.[quoted image]

is the mannequin at the store pole dancing like that too? Next time you walk into Macy’s let me know how many stripper mannequins you see pole dancing. haha

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

No worse than a mannequin at a clothing store but to each their own.[quoted image]

I think you forgot to mention the iron rod showed up her crotch.

Family theme right there lol.

#563 4 years ago

Any theme with a BAR as part of the title shouldn’t be too shocking with adult content.

‘Yeah I bought a Sexy Girl pin and it’s too offensive for my kids.’

Ahuh...

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think you forgot to mention the iron rod showed up her crotch.
Family theme right there lol.

If a metal rod in the crotch is on the list of no-go criteria then we need to worry about AFM, many Elvira versions, and a whole list of other games. But anyway, the easy solution is, don’t buy one. I’d buy a BBB.

#565 4 years ago

Who says don't buy one bc of it? The original question was what's the big deal with children seeing strippers on poles and then someone compared them to store mannequins. That was just a funny question to me as I guess everything needs to be spoonfed.

I personally would have no issue getting one.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is this a serious question? What's wrong with children seeing strippers pole dancing? What a great conversation starter...... Well little Susie...... Jane has decided she's going to take her clothes off so men pay her money.
Pinball really bringing the family together.

I guess I misunderstood this post then.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I guess I misunderstood this post then.

That's the answer to the question of why is that subject matter not ideal for young children. How someone can't see why strippers on poles isn't a good idea for young child is beyond me.

Now does everyone have young kids? Of course not so doesn't impact them.

Not sure what's so challenging to understand about this. Called common sense 101.

#568 4 years ago

I don’t think any child would look at that green plastic toy and think it’s a stripper on a pole.

Anyway... back to speculating on what CGC comes up with next.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I don’t think any child would look at that green plastic toy and think it’s a stripper on a pole.
Anyway... back to speculating on what CGC comes up with next.

I have a feeling their next title will surprise many......

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

If a metal rod in the crotch is on the list of no-go criteria then we need to worry about AFM, many Elvira versions, and a whole list of other games. But anyway, the easy solution is, don’t buy one. I’d buy a BBB.

You dont see any difference at all seeing a green alien attached to the playfield this way or a naked poledancer?
Seriously?

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Any theme with a BAR as part of the title shouldn’t be too shocking with adult content.
‘Yeah I bought a Sexy Girl pin and it’s too offensive for my kids.’
Ahuh...

If i was selling something that was aimed atleast in a considerable part at family homes.

Considering having other options, my first choice wouldn´t be this.
That can hardly be seen as strange or without merit?

Bad buissness is bad buisness and choosing bbbr 2020 is bad buisness.

Last time i checked CGC wasn´t aiming their products at single men past their prime or bikerbars.
(in all honesty, i haven´t checked, so i might be wrong)

I would love to see a totan with deeper code or a well built TOM.

Most realistically it´s an unlicensed theme.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have a feeling their next title will surprise many......

So you really think it is going to be Alien?

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

I’m from the US and I played BBB a bunch and really liked the game. The pole dancer along with the valley girl orgasm call outs are not what I want my 11yr old daughter thinking her dad likes in a woman. I don’t think it matters what country your from...If you want your kid to aspire to this then I look forward to seeing her the next time I’m in the strip club.

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I’d guess
IJ - see TZ
Congo - see Shadow
And so on

Never thought about Shadow. That is one I'd buy but guessing prices arent high enough to justify it.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So you really think it is going to be Alien?

Alien would be top of my list. Would buy it for sure if CGC got the rights and remade it.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I’m from the US and I played BBB a bunch and really liked the game. The pole dancer along with the valley girl orgasm call outs are not what I want my 11yr old daughter thinking her dad likes in a woman. I don’t think it matters what country your from...If you want your kid to aspire to this then I look forward to seeing her the next time I’m in the strip club.

ok thanks. my questions shouldn‘t be ironic and i didn‘t mean to be mad. i just wanted to understand.
i also have two kids (girl and boy) and i wouldn‘t have a problem to explain what a stripper is. maybe there are different parenting styles and attitudes in different countries. that‘s all i wanted to find out. no big deal.

over & out

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Is this a serious question?

#579 4 years ago

Just curious if they did try and do Scared Stiff, would they have to get additional authorization from Elvira or other members?

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just curious if they did try and do Scared Stiff, would they have to get additional authorization from Elvira or other members?

Pretty sure. Not sure how much that license would be.

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Alien would be top of my list. Would buy it for sure if CGC got the rights and remade it.

That with cgc quality would be awesome.
Probably a chunk of licensing issues though.

#582 4 years ago

Why is a Big Bang Bar remake considered taboo by many, but a Scared Stiff remake is okay?

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Why is a Big Bang Bar remake considered taboo by many, but a Scared Stiff remake is okay?

Dick jokes and strippers probably a turn off for both games to some.

It’s CC anyway.

#584 4 years ago

Still think Circus Voltaire would beat out Cactus Canyon in Remake.

I hope it's CV as I miss mine immensely - not sure I can justify a CC
I would consider Twilight Zone if that was even a reality.

Just not into BB

Think non DMD era pins might be a boom. Especially if you could beat the Stern Home Edition price for the simpler design games. Should be relatively easy to sell games with less complexity and high desire. Also seems you could do multiple runs or boutique runs of games if you could come up with a good industrial design.

Just some re-imaging how one might engineer a system 6-11 board that is user maintainable leveraging less wire harness. Could speed up production where you could do Small batch runs of Fathoms, SeWitch, Ebd, Stars, Meteor, mystic and games people are scrambling to find. Some of the drop targets and such could be reimagined to be cost effective or just use same old design and put some machinist to work .

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Still think Cirqus Voltair would beat out Cactus Canyon in Remake.
I hope it's CV as I miss mine immensely - not sure I can justify a CC
I would consider Twilight Zone if that was even a reality.
Just not into BB

I love CV but I don't see it in the top 5 list of eventual remakes.
The world needs more NIB Twilight Zones!!

#586 4 years ago

My vote goes to CC but wish that the remake is of TOTAN as this is the machine that got me back into the game after a 25+ year absence. I just couldn't believe how far the game evolved since my quarter-playing days so I was excited to dive back in and eventually ended up with a beautiful WOZ RR that I was happy to call my own!

#587 4 years ago

Flat out, your kids see worse on the internet and tv daily. I hate to tear off the blinders, but you aren't protecting your kids from anything. Remember all those things you did and knew about as kids without your parents knowing? Your kids are aware and know more than you ever did and even at younger ages.

As stated it's 2020, it's fine. Don't start that crap to keep others from having things. You don't want it, don't buy it. That simple. It's perfectly acceptable that you may not want to contribute to their downward spiral by not buying certain things. There are 1000's of others who will - who do or don't have kids (many of us w/o kids have more money anyway).

Also, I don't see any downtick in the number of strip clubs in 2020 (webcams anyone) - so as 'woke' as people like to pretend they are women are way more about showing off their bodies for money these days than 20 years ago. Point is, this pinball machine is tame and if she's going to take her clothes off for money BBB isn't going to be the thing that pushes her over the edge. Look at AC/DC Luci - it had no problem selling, and I would say the artwork is more in your face than BBB or Scared Stiff.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

This has been covered many times, it's 99% most likely not going to be "continued" unless they have very recently come to some agreement on that which is a very well kept secret.

Then apparently they won't sell very many if they do a remake.

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Then apparently they won't sell very many if they do a remake.

Very many. Compared to what ?

What ever they announce, when it's revealed with big display, speaker lights, amazing topper. Will sell well.

They've built a loyal following of people who like their games, the quality, different models, and support.

LTG : )

#590 4 years ago

I think maybe they could use some classic design and just retheme it.
Shadow is a truly unique and amazing layout. Plus the theme sucks. Might be a winner!

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What ever they announce, when it's revealed with big display, speaker lights, amazing topper. Will sell well.
They've built a loyal following of people who like their games, the quality, different models, and support.

I am one of those that like my CGC remake and consider myself to be loyal to them. Everything you stated is spot on for me.

I just wish it would get announced so I can put a down payment down on another CGC!

#592 4 years ago

I really hope they come out with a new game soon. Continue with fantastic remakes and add a CGC quality new title. Other than their reputation for delays CGC machines are very well done so I have no doubt if the theme was good it would sell well.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Whatever is announced I’m sure I will be ordering an LE , I really like everything CGC has done . Lets see some Royal editions!!!!

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I just wish it would get announced so I can put a down payment down on another CGC!

I wish it would too. So I can start thinking ahead for tech support if the need arises. The originals could have had little nuances that may carry over to a remake. Especially over time.

#595 4 years ago

Just make the announcement already... if they are already on to number 5 why continue to keep it a secret

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

If they are already on to number 6 why continue to keep it a secret?

Wait...what was number five?

#597 4 years ago

My bad I can’t count... if they are already on to number 5 why keep it a secret?

Quoted from littlecammi:

Wait...what was number five?

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Flat out, your kids see worse on the internet and tv daily. I hate to tear off the blinders, but you aren't protecting your kids from anything. Remember all those things you did and knew about as kids without your parents knowing? Your kids are aware and know more than you ever did and even at younger ages.
As stated it's 2020, it's fine. Don't start that crap to keep others from having things. You don't want it, don't buy it. That simple. It's perfectly acceptable that you may not want to contribute to their downward spiral by not buying certain things. There are 1000's of others who will - who do or don't have kids (many of us w/o kids have more money anyway).
Also, I don't see any downtick in the number of strip clubs in 2020 (webcams anyone) - so as 'woke' as people like to pretend they are women are way more about showing off their bodies for money these days than 20 years ago. Point is, this pinball machine is tame and if she's going to take her clothes off for money BBB isn't going to be the thing that pushes her over the edge. Look at AC/DC Luci - it had no problem selling, and I would say the artwork is more in your face than BBB or Scared Stiff.

So because kids will likely have access to the internet and movies parents should just say what the hell and put whatever they feel like right at their kids fingertips? I get what you're saying and agree kids do a lot of stuff we cant control but don't think that is the point.

Regardless, BBB as a theme holds zero interest for me with or without alien strippers. I know it has its fans but not sure CGC would sell enough to make it worthwhile. Just doesn't seem like a theme with broad appeal.

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I am one of those people that really likes CGC's build quality and what they're doing. I have an MMr and have had no issues.

With that said, CC needs better code and I think some on the fence that might buy will not without updated code.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just make the announcement already... if they are already on to number 5 why continue to keep it a secret

Just a guess, but first everyone would bitch about how wrong their decision is, second be upset there isn’t a ship date, then complain about always being Delayed. With the current business plan there is nothing to bitch about! At least that’s my thought.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/12?hl=dashmonster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.