4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 48.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Why do you think none of the remake has new code and we see only a new LCD with animations?

Their agreement with Williams doesn't let them mess with original code. Original code version comes up when you hit enter.

LCD animations, and other things are in the CGC programming. CGC code version is on first page of CGC menu.

LTG : )

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Do you seriously believe that CCr would sell, or that they would have chosen to do it if it wasn't a top to bottom remake?
We know there's going to be additional code - that means there must be new original animations and sound too.

I can’t say for toys but this would mainly for collectors. For the code you know that from where?
Yes you’re right for the sound and animations which was dealt in specific rom address and which has been replaced. Ok yes already done with MB , AFM, MM.
for CC, if it’s confirmed, they are aiming collectors who want the best build pins with best screens and animations. If they release that, lot of people will forget with the current code extension ccc.
They could sell a lot of them anyway, but it’s my opinion.

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Their agreement with Williams doesn't let them mess with original code. Original code version comes up when you hit enter.
LCD animations, and other things are in the CGC programming. CGC code version is on first page of CGC menu.

Yes it was my understanding as well (aside from the cost point) but thanks for the clarification.

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

for CC, if it’s confirmed, they are aiming collectors who want the best build pins with best screens and animations. If they release that, lot of people will forget with the current code extension ccc.
They could sell a lot of them anyway, but it’s my opinion.

What cgc (if they are wise) should ask themself, is if the pin would be sought after if there was plenty of them out there.
Pins sought after for their rarity, as best selling point, makes no sense at all, since once they produce them, they aren´t rare at all.

So with Wonka, jurassic park, guns and roses(the new one), toy story coming up, elvira, danesis new, ap´s new, who would prefer and rather buy a non-scarce cactus canyon?

I think they´ve done the right thing so far. The best of the best of old pins, presented in a quality package.

Does that concept hold water, for the good, but not best old pins?

As i said for the art pieces like popadyuk games, i think so, even if i´d love to see some extras, like modern toppers, updated code option, even lcd, if they come so far as real licensed titles based of movies for example indy-pin.
That with lcd and movie assets, would probebly be an almost must have for many pin-collectors.

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it’s true that they can’t mess with the original code, then this post by PPS was a little misleading, don’t you think?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company/page/2#post-4127913

‘We also have the source code for these games, so any deficiencies in the original code could be addressed with a couple of different approaches.‘

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

If it’s true that they can’t mess with the original code, then this post by PPS was a little misleading, don’t you think?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company/page/2#post-4127913
‘We also have the source code for these games, so any deficiencies in the original code could be addressed with a couple of different approaches.‘

I don't think those two statements are incompatible.

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

then this post by PPS was a little misleading, don’t you think?

No, because they might be able to address something in the CGC code.

Maybe over time and their relationship with Williams improves, who knows. Maybe at some point they maybe can do more.

Time will tell.

#458 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, because they might be able to address something in the CGC code.
Maybe over time and their relationship with Williams improves, who knows. Maybe at some point they maybe can do more.
Time will tell.

Sure. Let’s don’t forget that developing a new code is a TON of work. The used freeWPC an old chipset language which might need to be 100% rewritten in something else.
It used to be done by skilled guys who knew the env by heart and who needed several months for the current code to be achieved, also professional actor voice and so on.
Are they willing to pay actors as well?
So to do what: adding 2 or 3 sequences, a video mode, 2 or 3 animations which can already been done... come on.... Anyone could imagine a business plan of what the cost of this? Yes everything is possible but the final price would not be the same and the masses doesn’t care... they mainly want a collective object.

Again: a company has to be viable in long term. No one want to have the same ending as suncoast and so on...

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Sure. Let’s don’t forget that developing a new code is a TON of work. The used freeWPC an old chipset language which might need to be 100% rewritten in something else.
It used to be done by skilled guys who knew the env by heart and who needed several months for the current code to be achieved, also professional actor voice and so on.
Are they willing to pay actors as well?
So to do what: adding 2 or 3 sequences, a video mode, 2 or 3 animations which can already been done... come on.... Anyone could imagine a business plan of what the cost of this? Yes everything is possible but the final price would not be the same and the masses doesn’t care... they mainly want a collective object.
Again: a company has to be viable in long term. No one want to have the same ending as suncoast and so on...

I think virtually anyone who has much time on CC's factory code will tell you that it would not be a seller, with all original software, regardless of what ever else they did. I'm pretty sure CGC are cognisant of this too. Join the dots.

#460 4 years ago

Maybe MMRRE and add ons is just a way to help fund the licensing for the next pin.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

CC I'd expect them to completely re-do the cabinet and translite package, add a lot of code, completely new animations & sound, and improve the toys. I.E. way more work than their previous titles. BBBr will be more work still (save art package).

I dig the original art on CC.
Will be interesting to maybe ? see the Franchi touch on CCr. Im guessing CCr will pop, art , display and topper will be awesome .
My only reservation is code.
Hoping CGC can add code that rivals Continued
Very much looking forward to this one

1 week later
#462 4 years ago

Who thinks they'll reveal at Texas Pinball ?

1 week later
#463 4 years ago

Addams Family? It’s possible
And it would sell !!!

#464 4 years ago

Any hints or info on when this could be announced? 2019???

#465 4 years ago

I honestly think it’s BBB

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I honestly think it’s BBB

That won't happen until after PTC.

#467 4 years ago

what is ptc?

#468 4 years ago

Punchy the clown

#469 4 years ago

Permit to carry

#470 4 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire or TOM.

#471 4 years ago

Alien. Any other game is pointless at this point. Make it so.

When you consider the prices and restores, pretty much everything that isn't 'rare' is already priced 5-8k. They've done the 3 games that were the highest priced available games. CV,ToM, ToTAN, AF, TZ (which I don't even think they could make for nearly what they are selling for now) are all readily available for basically the same price or lower than what they would be selling them for.

#472 4 years ago

Slow your roll !

Rick has said before he plans on doing
BBBR ! Neon green trim ? Bad ass topper

#473 4 years ago

I know most are saying CCr but with out CCC code I think CC will not sell well. I have owned CCC and I couldn’t imagine buying a CC if CCC wasn’t an option... Bring on BBBr with a motorized Alien babe pole dancer topper.

#474 4 years ago

I would actually be in for a BBBr!

#475 4 years ago

BBBR !!!!

#476 4 years ago

CC is too predictable!

We need something new !

#477 4 years ago

CC and TOTAN seem like the lowest hanging fruit with the highest payoff to me. If your not a long time collector (which 99% of the buyers are not) those titles still pull a mighty sum in most any condition. TOTAN playfields are already done and both have no second party crazy licensing worries like MBr ran into. Not to crap on anyones wish but I would put TAF to the end of the list as while they pull a decent resale the Second the market smells a chance they are considering that game there will be hundreds climbing out of basements up for sale in no time which would all compete for CGC market against itself. Just an opinion.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

We need something new !

Gotta love the hypocrisy

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Gotta love the hypocrisy

Contradictory, yes. Hypocritical, no.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Contradictory, yes. Hypocritical, no.

I'm gonna go with; it's both.

"beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform" -- he believes we need something new, but he behaves as if he wants something old remade.

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm gonna go with; it's both.
"beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform" -- he believes we need something new, but he behaves as if he wants something old remade.

The way I behave ? Oh god
Whatever it is I’m buying it

#482 4 years ago

Ok . I vote for circus voiltar

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I vote for circus voiltar

If they do it. I hope they go with Cirqus Voltaire.

#484 4 years ago

Pins i would like to see in 2020

pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg
#485 4 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Pins i would like to see in 2020[quoted image]

I gotta say it makes sense to build Kingpin and BBB at the same time
Same boards , displays , cabinets etc

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Gotta love the hypocrisy

Gotta love keyboard bullshit !

#487 4 years ago

#4 will be Cactus Canyon announced at Texas. A little birdie told me at Expo

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

#4 will be Cactus Canyon announced at Texas. A little birdie told me at Expo

Did the bird tell you MMR Royal was #4 ?

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I gotta say it makes sense to build Kingpin and BBB at the same time
Same boards , displays , cabinets etc

How do you figure? CGC uses their own board set. Circus Maximus uses the P3 off the shelf board set.

4 weeks later
#490 4 years ago

Catus Canyon or another title ? How soon ?

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Catus Canyon or another title ? How soon ?

I emailed cgc earlier this month about the next release. They said “very” soon....

I would think that it would be close to release. As long as it’s the good quality they’ve been doing I might be down for CC.

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If they do it. I hope they go with Cirqus Voltaire.

With rom 2.0.
Monster bash has the home rom with coin play.

#493 4 years ago

A little bird told me their next remake would be Gottlieb's Dragon.

(This was after he flew headlong into my window, however, so I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this statement.)

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

With rom 2.0.
Monster bash has the home rom with coin play.

*If* they ever do CV, I’d hope they fix the neon MB percentage chance. It’s so rare in 2.0 home rom. It’s percentage to occur got messed up in 2.0

#495 4 years ago

Very soon huh....

#496 4 years ago

I’m sold, CGC makes a great product even though they are remakes. I’ll wait for Scared Stiff.

#497 4 years ago

If they do an original, they need to do Idiocracy. "Ow! My Balls!" multiball mode.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m sold, CGC makes a great product even though they are remakes. I’ll wait for Scared Stiff.

SS is my next game and with prices 7-8500 without new parts. I’m waiting too!

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How do you figure? CGC uses their own board set. Circus Maximus uses the P3 off the shelf board set.

Hmmmmm .... good question I think we know the answer to...

4 weeks later
#500 4 years ago

Do you think they would ever remake Twilight Zone?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/10?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.