4208A021-89F2-4843-A000-98F049B975F9.gif
Screenshot_20210819-080729_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210819-080906_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210817-135441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7A79D980-9064-476E-9027-9460899ABD25 (resized).jpeg
377561D2-12A0-4815-A759-012196E01632 (resized).jpeg
Why-do-we-yawn-1064x630-1-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 48.
#1 5 years ago

I played MBr at Expo and put in an order on an LE. Hoping/hearing this title was coming made me hold off on buying MB on the used market. I personally would really love to see TOTAN next.

Which pinball remake do you want to see or predict will be next for Chicago Gaming?

#2 5 years ago

I would like a remake of BBB because it's the one most people have not been able to play and enjoy.

#3 5 years ago

I’d love to have an Indiana Jones the pinball adventure remake with updated lighting and animations

#4 5 years ago

Probably wont matter as its allready in development but i hope its bbbr or ccr

#5 5 years ago

why whitewater? available often.
Totan and Tom same.
I'd rather see CC as BBB was already remade...….

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’d love to have an Indiana Jones the pinball adventure remake with updated lighting and animations

We can wish but its its highly unlikely for many reasons.

#7 5 years ago

Read a post on this about a week ago that it was leaked to be Cactus Canyon. Not sure if there is any truth to that tho. I guess it makes sense. I’ve never had the chance to play one, but the cheapest I’ve ever seen one advertised was over $12k!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Read a post on this about a week ago that it was leaked to be Cactus Canyon. Not sure if there is any truth to that tho. I guess it makes sense. I’ve never had the chance to play one, but the cheapest I’ve ever seen one advertised was over $12k!

If you ever visit Vegas, there's a CC at the PHoF. Good fun.

#11 5 years ago

I played the shit out of cactus Canyon with the new software to test it awHile ago and I'm just totally burnt out on it; no interest in it. Of course it will do really well as not a not of people can play one, and it's a pretty solid game. Always assumed it's next.
Wh20 isn't, and it seems weird typing this, going for enough to really justify it....neither is TOM.

#12 5 years ago

Since there was talk of an original title at one time. I hope they do their own game next. Then back to the remakes.

LTG : )

#13 5 years ago

Oh if a new game is possibility then that for sure. And if it bombs, just go back to remakes no harm no foul.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

None of the remakes are licensed themes so far and this one would be most unlikely. But I understand wanting it, IJ was my first pin and it's likely never leaving.

#15 5 years ago

I think CC is the current front runner. Big question is will they finish the code if in fact this is next.

#16 5 years ago

I would love to own a NIB ToM LE.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I think CC is the current front runner. Big question is will they finish the code if in fact this is next.

If they do take the code further, it will be a hit. Western theme and it's original production was less than 1,000.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since there was talk of an original title at one time. I hope they do their own game next. Then back to the remakes.

Hope for several original titles in a row

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

gawwwddd, can you imagine how awesome that game would be on a remake! Holy chit!

#20 5 years ago

TOM would be cool.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

None of the remakes are licensed themes so far and this one would be most unlikely. But I understand wanting it, IJ was my first pin and it's likely never leaving.

Monster Bash?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

MB has a licence involved.

I thought that was the reported reason for all the delays, CGC having to wait on licencee approvals.

#23 5 years ago

I vote CCr with completed code and the awesome CGC enhancements !

Smooth LED Lighting, Sweet LCD, shaker, cool topper, spinning revolvers ...... PDI glass, epic blades, etc. what a winner !!!

CCC is a great player and Super fun even with bland incandescents ! With the CGC enhancements will push CC to all time greatness !

Easy perhaps ? no licence problems ?

Hopefully by the time CGC makes CCr our crap AU$ will improve.

Nice work with MBr CGC, so happy you are staying in The Game.

west (resized).jpgwest (resized).jpg
#24 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

MB has a licence involved.
I thought that was the reported reason for all the delays, CGC having to wait on licencee approvals.

I doubt there were more licences than music. All the monsters are fair use. Maybe WMS had display copyrightshirts in place.

#25 5 years ago

Already being done by circus Maximus

#26 5 years ago

I might end up with just remakes at this point bc they are so hard not to buy considering we're seeing beat up versions without color for selling only a thousand or so less than an LE! It's crazy.

#27 5 years ago

I'm in for CC. since owning one now is over my budget.

#28 5 years ago

Universal Monsters are not fair use. They're specific depictions of those characters.

#29 5 years ago

The myth that MB could not be done has been broken. Look back on pinside threads and the speculation that the licences were out of reach has been shattered. How quickly would TAFr sell out? I dont think they should move away from remakes yet, rather keep raking in the $$ on what is in demand. Unlicensed titles are a crap shoot at the moment.
Strong indications are CCr is next followed by TOTAN.
Personally I still have hope of unboxing a BBBr some day .

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I'd rather see CC as BBB was already remade...….

Me too.

I'm in on CC....and so would many other people be.
That would correct an even larger mistake due to short prod run and software incompletion.

Too many people missed out on these first go round, many of whom had 1 or more of AFM, MM, and MB before.

#31 5 years ago

IJr is the only one that would interest me in the future, but not holding my breath.

#32 5 years ago

Why no Circus Voltaire in poll?
Original Theme would be best to get the wheels spinning faster at CGC.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

IJr is the only one that would interest me in the future, but not holding my breath.

I’d love a IJr with all the CGC upgrades plus I’d love to open a NIB IJ as it’s one of my favourite games ever, couldn’t afford one back in 93, my pocket money at 7 years old just wasn’t cutting it

I’d also be all over TAFr for the same reason.

#34 5 years ago

TAFr would kill it. I don't care how many originals were made or that you can get originals cheaper than nib. Plenty of pinheads would buy a new one and I bet a bunch of non pinheads would bite as well, especially if the price of entry is $6000. It's a huge classic with lots of nostalgia and fun to play. Games like CC and BBB are collectible because of their rarity but most people never played them. If these titles get remade, not sure how many people would really want one when it comes down to theme and gameplay. Doubt CGC would touch the code. It seems pretty obvious from their statements and past games that they not updating anything besides cosmetics.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Why no Circus Voltaire in poll?
Original Theme would be best to get the wheels spinning faster at CGC.

It has some things that are different from other wpc 95 pins that cld prove difficult and or money to make. Cab and head are slightly different, back glass/speaker panel is different and the dmd is in on the playfield and the current lcd cgc uses wld not work. I believe bc of those factors others will come first .

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No D: !!!!!!! I want classics at cheaper prices please. Take a bat to Scared Stiff's knees. No need for that game to be $8000.

#37 5 years ago

I wonder how they'll handle the code for CC. Can they use CCC? I thought that was either open source or creative commons licensed.
Will be strange to have a 'remake' where the game is pretty different from the original, but I can't imagine they will just sell it with the unfinished code either.

#38 5 years ago

Nope they can't use CCC it's not compatible. Either CG will have to modify the code themselves or leave it alone and release the code the way it is.

Quoted from Adams:

I wonder how they'll handle the code for CC. Can they use CCC? I thought that was either open source or creative commons licensed.
Will be strange to have a 'remake' where the game is pretty different from the original, but I can't imagine they will just sell it with the unfinished code either.

#39 5 years ago

Original CC code sucks. As does ToM's and CV's. All 3 titles get boring real quick due to bad code.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Original CC code sucks. As does ToM's and CV's. All 3 titles get boring real quick due to bad code.

Not much worse than mb to me..cv home rom is nice. But all cld use more and fixes.

#41 5 years ago

If CGC can get their games to $5999 shipped including the color DMD code they'd dominate.

That's what I hope is next

I'd love to see them do a Stern sized LCD with new art for the classics (pre DMD) too.

#42 5 years ago

No doubt one day they'll probably make their own unique machines... But, I really think they have a nice business model. There is demand for these older pins remade.
I bought Monster Bash LE today. That was hands down the game that I enjoyed the most during the Wheeling Expo.
But, I also really enjoyed their attack from Mars remake and I always planned on buying one... And after playing it, I still do! And I will buy one. The one that really surprised me was MMr. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed that one, and I've added that to my must buy list as well.
But, I just really think they are doing something special by remaking these old machines.
They're making the older ones more widely available and I think that is amazing... And I know some people will not like this comment, but they are making the machines better than the originals. Better lighting, better displays and animations.
I hope they just keep doing the impossible for many, many years and making lots of classic old pinball machines.

#43 5 years ago

Now I've played those games in the poll to death. Except totan and cactus canyon as those two both kinda sucked and I didn't feel the need to waste any more time on them.

And it's not like I can't find somebody that already has any of those I can play.

No, I think a remake should be of a cool game you don't see or can't buy or play every day.

So I vote for Cosmic Gunfight or it's original incarnation Dragon Fly.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope they can't use CCC it's not compatible. Either CG will have to modify the code themselves or leave it alone and release the code the way it is.

The original code the way it is would be a fail for the game.
If CGC truly want to move forward with CCr ....continued code is a must.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

MBr is unlicensed?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

MBr is unlicensed?

you're the 3rd person to mention it. I should have phrased it that Indiana Jones is a much tougher license than Universal Monsters. Thanks for reading, though.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

you're the 3rd person to mention it. I should have phrased it that Indiana Jones is a much tougher license than Universal Monsters. Thanks for reading, though.

Yeah, isn't Indy one of the two reasons why we can't get a Muppet Babies DVD/Bluray release... The other of course is Star Wars... Just costs too much to re-secure the rights for the DVD release.
Not very cool of Dr. Jones.
Still that's only the 2nd worst thing Indy has ever done... The worst is Crystal Skull... But, we really should treat that movie like Voldemort's name and never ever mention it.

#48 5 years ago

What CGC has been able to do is take classics and upgrade them with RGB lighting, larger displays, better sound, improved toys and it is NIB. I hope they go after the top sellers, imagine TAF inserts and GI glowing green when you hit the swamp. The light show on Scared Stiff could be amazing. Bring on the the top sellers with this upgrade and I am in!!

#49 5 years ago

Don't have the money for a new pin, but would probably find a way for a NIB TOM...

#50 5 years ago

Perhaps a new Doctor Who!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 209.00
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-4/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.