View topic image gallery

Bank shot2 (resized).jpg
50BAB (resized).jpg
BABs (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_0843 (resized).JPG
00-pins2 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Pick your favorite billiard themed EM layout and tell us why your choice is superior to the others! For simplicity, I grouped Replay and AAB games together, and omitted the export version. Flipper games only. I did a quick EM Hangout search and didn't find this poll question...if it has already been covered, forgive the repetition! If I missed any, let me know.

00-pins2 (resized).jpg00-pins2 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Still waiting for someone to mass produce a Bally "8 Ball Deluxe" EM version. That would be my favorite.

But until then I would say a Gottlieb 1976 Sure Shot as the colors, art, and Gameplay are all great. Really like the Kickout Hole Shots and Top Middle lane when shooting for the Specials plus having the Rack lights on the Playfield really help the player to keep track of what numbers have to still be hit to accomplish lighting the Bumpers and the whole Rack for the Special to light. I do not have one right now and sold mine as I have room for a small collection and consider the title worthy of a medium size collection as it is a good game, just not a great game IMO.

#3 7 years ago

I've enjoyed playing Pro Pool the most out of this group. Not a big fan of Hot Shot or Big Shot though.

Bank-A-Ball or Flipper Pool would be my second choice.

#4 7 years ago

Agree with Tuna, but admit I haven't played/owned the wood rails. Drop targets are a weakness of mine.....

Should we have a poll for best bowling theme as well? certainly made lots of that variety too.

#5 7 years ago

That's quite a span of years in those games (26).

I haven't played '50 BaB, SP, RP, or PP but have played the rest.

I'll go with '65 Bank a Ball but Target Pool would be a close 2nd.

IMG_0843 (resized).JPGIMG_0843 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I've enjoyed playing Pro Pool the most out of this group. Not a big fan of Hot Shot or Big Shot though.
Bank-A-Ball or Flipper Pool would be my second choice.

i agree!

#7 7 years ago

This one! Which I just, coincidently, scored my PR. I rolled the Points and Score for 8 replays! I was also rated a 'genius' on the back glass . I'm not going to argue, I played that thing like a fiddle.

Pro Pool is my longest owned pin, I think. Almost sold it but when the person backed out I was very relieved. It's like a shooting gallery with all those drop targets. They keep resetting too! I haven't played the others but PP is an excellent player, has a great theme, campy art, has aab play (which adds diversity in an em collection)...a keeper.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8 7 years ago

I've always enjoyed the '65 Bank A Ball and a game that I recall playing back in it's day. My present one is the second one that I've owned over the years.

The '50 BAB gets my nod since the play on it is more like "playing" pool, as it's necessary to set up your shot and bank-the-ball to take out certain targets.

Both are immensely fun and frequently played.

BABs (resized).JPGBABs (resized).JPG

50BAB (resized).jpg50BAB (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

I'm a sucker for 2 inch flipper games with inlanes so I'll go with Target Pool. I also love the center kicker - the entire design reminds me a lot of Dimension, another of my favorite Gottlieb EMs.

Sure Shot/Bank shot would be a close second, I love how you actually have to employ bank shots to hit some of the targets.

Pro Pool/Big shot SHOULD rule with all of the drop targets, but the game just doesn't really do it for me for some reason. The rules aren't very interesting.

#10 7 years ago

You have some beautiful woodrails there oldcarz. Is Clay's show about the best in the Midwest to see and play woodrails?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Is Clay's show about the best in the Midwest to see and play woodrails?

In the Midwest, for woodrails, yes.
But if you are on the west coast the PPE7 is returning
to Alameda CA, come this NOV 11-13
and they should have 50-100 woodrails set up for play.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks Tom. Probably won't be able to make that show but the PPE show held prior was always a hit with people that were fortunate enough to go to it. I liked the big open look, carpeting, lighting, and of course all the woodrails in the pics I saw of it.

OK, didn't mean to side rail this thread - back to the poll..............

#13 7 years ago

I voted Flipper Pool for 4 reasons and I'm a sucker for games of this era .

Double Back Box Animation
Metal Jewel Posts
Roy Parker Art with Ed Krynski Design
Small coin door and flat entry plate

#14 7 years ago

Bank Shot!

Of course, I'm biased.

Bank shot2 (resized).jpgBank shot2 (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I voted Flipper Pool for 4 reasons and I'm a sucker for games of this era .
Double Back Box Animation
Metal Jewel Posts
Roy Parker Art with Ed Krynski Design
Small coin door and flat entry plate

Oh, ok. You mean mechanical and light animation. "Sky Line" is the only EM I know of with true double lightbox animation.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oh, ok. You mean mechanical and light animation. "Sky Line" is the only EM I know of with true double lightbox animation.

Ahem. pleasure Isle has double animation , hula girl and moving beach balls

#17 7 years ago

Dancing Doll(s). ??? No?

*I suppose I know the answer to that
One dancer with some trick lighting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, Florida, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-best-gottlieb-pool-themed-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.