• BDK 29 votes
    47%
  • TFLE 28 votes
    45%
  • Nuthin! 5 votes
    8%

(62 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

I've played both but I'm not really clear on everything yet.

Disclaimer: My skill level is impressive to regular folk but I'm sure it's downright laughable here.

Thinking about adding one soon.

Any gripes or praises?

Thanks!

#3 11 years ago

Bdk

#5 11 years ago
#6 11 years ago

If you can only buy one BDK

#7 11 years ago

Just make sure you don't get Shazaamed when you price check on either of those!!!

#8 11 years ago

Depends what your in to. BDK has a cool crane, TFLE has everything else.

#9 11 years ago

I really liked TF at the beginning but I got tired of it and never play it anymore. BDK for me is a lot better.

Also like the pro better than LE for TF.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I really liked TF at the beginning but I got tired of it and never play it anymore. BDK for me is a lot better.
Also like the pro better than LE for TF.

The problem with TFLE is it needs to be dialed in. When you play a well setup TFLE, there's no going back.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The problem with TFLE is it needs to be dialed in. When you play a well setup TFLE, there's no going back.

Well personally i don't like either of the ramp toys. Starscream isn't good looking to me, and the mini playfield is a bore. I do remember people talking about a way to speed up the ball return out of the mini playfield when not active, and that is a must becasue it slows it down. Anyway, those are the 2 "big" LE additions I would think, and neither do it for me.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just make sure you don't get Shazaamed when you price check on either of those!!!

Shazaaam gosh all fish hooks!

Hard one. This isn't like TFLE vs. LOTR vs. Monster Bash vs. Sopranos vs. NBA where they are different takes on the same base fan layout.

I'm under the impression BDK might have lower production numbers, but who knows for sure?

I'd go BDK. Like Corvette and Johnny Mneumonic, it is a break from Gomez's norm.

#13 11 years ago

Wow. I have them both. I play both regularly, going back and forth. I love the theme on both, and the decepticon is probably a bit more artistic apropos to the theme. but if I had to pick one to keep, it would be bdk.

#14 11 years ago

Lol @ the 2 jokers who voted nuthin haha fun!

#15 11 years ago

I voted for nothing as I honestly dislike both games.Scott

#16 11 years ago

Ah I see Scott. I sorta put that there as a joke but I do appreciate all feedback.

#17 11 years ago

I own both i like them both the same neither one
Leaving any time soon.

#18 11 years ago

I would like both, played a lot of BDK at a local pin joint. Personally like them both, but tf Le is my pick of the two

#19 11 years ago

TFLE is more "robotic" pun intended and BDK is more organic. BDK has the edge for me. There is a lot more strategy in Batman with the SJ multipliers and such.

#20 11 years ago

I prefer Transformers (either LE or pro) to Batman. Batman's code still feels unfinished to me. The modes are useless and pointless (pun intended), and collecting all the gadgets is tedious at best. The crane is a good toy for sure and seems quite reliable. But still, hit the scoop X number of times to activate the crane is fine the first time thru...but again, tedious by the second and third time in a game (reminds me of the code for Stern Indiana Jones to a dgree). The joker multiball is well-done but the scoring becomes unbalanced on it with the supers.

Transformers is a far deeper and more challenging game....plus, you get to choose which side to play for which changes the rules. Very clever. Much more strategy in TF and longer legs for sure imo.

Batman has the cool-toy factor which makes it more interesting to casual players likely but TF's flow and rules put it ahead of BDK in my opinion.

#21 11 years ago

I had a BDK for 3 years and played a good number of games on TFLE.

Both become repetitive with what you have to accomplish to progress through the game, but shooting that center ramp X amount of times to collect gadgets just gets OLD! You can at least complete modes and progress through TFLE without becoming too bored.

As a player, I'd give the nod to TFLE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-bdk-vs-tfle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.