Topic poll

“Which is more fun to play?”

• Baywatch 73 votes
    43%
  • Last Action Hero 45 votes
    26%
  • Flintstones 52 votes
    31%

(Multiple choice - 170 votes by 167 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160225_125418126_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160225_125427228_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Baywatch has the best layout and rules. LAH is basically a clone of JP/TAF. It's good bang for the buck, but still more expensive than baywatch. Baywatch is usually dirt cheap. Like sub 1200 cheap. LAH floats around $1400-1800 range. FS, is ok, but not that great. If a sega and DE are beating out a B/W title, you have to know it must be really bad.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

You are right B/W made a much better game.

no, because some people are B/W snobs. They love B/W in their mouth, even when it tastes bitter, and don't give anyone else a chance. No matter how great a game is (that's not B/W), they will never admit it's superior to 90% of the B/W catalogue.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1500-2000 range

sorry I can't agree with this at all. Baywatch is cheap as shit. You cannot give that game away because people are scared of the large display. Greg had a super nice one and took 3 months to get $1400 for it. And it looked like it came out of the box. You will never find anyone to pay anywhere close to 2k for a baywatch unless they really don't know, or want to rub one out to the hoff on the backbox.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I have to strongly disagree with BW being cheap as shit -- it is a quality built game with lots of nice features. Oh -- you meant price-wise. Well, if you find another one in "just came out of box" appearance for $1400, please forward it to me. I'll buy it! The one I currently have is a reimport from Germany, which I do like because, well, Germans love Hoff and Baywatch, but it has been a well loved game. Getting one in NIB condition would be awesome -- especially for $1400!

price is never a direct reflection of quality or fun factor. Unfortunately in the pinball world. Just because it has a high dollar. some newbies assume it must be the most fun. Which is usually not the case. Hype = price. All 4 of the large DMD segas are good games. People are scared of them due to the large displays, and shun them because they don't say Stern or B/W on them. It's a great game, great bang for the buck, since it can be had very very cheap. You live in AZ, $400 shipping on a 1400 baywatch would be a deal killer. If you guys think it's so valuable. I'll gladly sell my players condition one for $1400 all day.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not sure why anyone would be scared by the large display since you can put in a color replacement for ~$300.
You can also use the extender to pull down the power consumption and this means it should NEVER gas out.

this was before the color replacements.

#60 7 years ago

If you hate LAH, don't get a JP or TAF. They are basically the same games with slight variations to the layout. but all serious mode based setups.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I bought a flintstones a few months ago and really enjoy it. A friend in NC says his flinstones would be the very last game he sold if he had to sell all of his games. It really is fun. I've not played the other 2 games so I can't make a choice but I can say that flintstones is a great $3000 +/- game.
It's funny how fickle and wishy washy the pinball community can be. 15 years ago you couldn't give a baywatch away. Everyone hated it. Now it's sought after?! LOL crazy. That's why i don't put ANY stock into what other pinballers say about a specific game.
Case in point, everyone HATE HATES HATES the WWE LE for some reason. I have one now and love it. Many agreed upon "dogs" are actually great games if you just get over what the masses say and give them a chance. .

exactly. People are just trying to hype it up and apparently the ones that talk it up, never tried to sell one. Because you have a hard time giving them away. Anyone that wants my baywatch. $1400 it's yours. That's $100 under the LOW side of you price pumpers. IT'S the DEAL of the WEEK!!!

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What I don't want it 10lbs of shit in a 5lbs bag; aka LAH

Even for you this makes no sense.

because JP and TAF and LAH, are very similar games in feel and the way the modes are done. JP and LAH have many similar features and would not want both in a small collection. JP is a poor mans TAF. Layouts are almost the same. Modes have striking similarities. I like all 3 games. But again. Would only want one in a collection with less than 15 games.

#79 7 years ago

nah, it's gone. Like I said. When I helped greg sell his. I had a hard time moving it and so did anyone else that tried to sell one. Most went for $1000. It had to be damn nice to get anywhere near $1400.

Like I said earlier, if anyone wanted to pay $1400 for mine, it's gone. I wouldn't go back on that. There is no such thing as not for sale in my collection. Throw enough cash my way and it's yours. that's the program i've always run on. But if you want one of my games that are impossible to find, it's going to cost. Or any of my beloved Zaccarias.

#82 7 years ago

no, I still am. But i'm also fully aware, that i'm not going to be ready to start this project for quite some time. I'll get one again down the road. And truthfully. this game was pretty nice physically. Nice playfield, nice cabinet and trans. Would be a shame to redo it all. i'll keep looking for a trashed POS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-baywatch-last-action-hero-flintstones?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.