Topic poll

“Which is more fun to play?”

• Baywatch 73 votes
    44%
  • Last Action Hero 43 votes
    26%
  • Flintstones 52 votes
    32%

(Multiple choice - 165 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160225_125418126_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160225_125427228_(resized).jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Poll which pin is more fun to play.
Considering buying 1 or 2 of these pins.

#2 3 years ago

Baywatch by 1,000 miles.

FS is a depressing piece of trash, and LAH is...well it's LAH.

#3 3 years ago

Baywatch has the best layout and rules. LAH is basically a clone of JP/TAF. It's good bang for the buck, but still more expensive than baywatch. Baywatch is usually dirt cheap. Like sub 1200 cheap. LAH floats around $1400-1800 range. FS, is ok, but not that great. If a sega and DE are beating out a B/W title, you have to know it must be really bad.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If a sega and DE are beating out a B/W title, you have to know it must be really bad.

there it is

#5 3 years ago

I like BW, but I had a LAH for a while and I liked it. Lots of features, shaker, crane, magnets, 6 ball multiball etc. that's why I kept it that long. I'd buy BW first because I loved the tv show and it it a fun game, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy LAH either.

#6 3 years ago

Interesting, why no love for the Flintstones?
Is it shallow game?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Interesting, why no love for the Flintstones?
Is it shallow game?

IMO it's a total turd fest. It's REALLY ugly, very dark and dank and not fun to look at. It's of the movie, not the cartoon we all love. It has a neat trick or 2 but pretty standard uninspired JT game.

#8 3 years ago

I own Flintstones and last action hero and I would say 1 Flintstones 2 baywatch 3 last action hero all three are great games though

#9 3 years ago

Would go with Flintstones and BW

Flintstones is cool for quick game - and it must be Leded. Then its not dark and a little eyecandy

IMG_20160225_125427228_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160225_125418126_(resized).jpg

#10 3 years ago

id go
1 BW just cause I want one and never played it
2 FS
3 LAH

I think FS is fun but haven't put much time on

LAH is fun but something doesn't click with me when I play it so I would pass on it out of the 3.

#11 3 years ago

I'd say:
LAH
BW
FS
All three are fun though!

#12 3 years ago

Bump for night crowd

#13 3 years ago

flintstones then Baywatch lah aint even close

#14 3 years ago

Fun to play ? Flintstones, just for the music and sounds, they always make me smile.

#15 3 years ago

For some reason, the DCS sound on Flintstones is really crisp. It seems to have better clarity than lots of other DCS titles. It's a fun machine to play a couple of games on. After that, the weak ruleset shows itself.

Baywatch is my pick. It keeps on being fun to play for many games. Great layout and ruleset. The weakest point of this game is... the sound quality. Ok, ok. Apart from The Hoff's mug, that is.

LAH: An ok game. It also has an ugly mug on the backglass. Not as good of a game as Baywatch, though.

#16 3 years ago

I like all 3. I LOVE LAH. If it wasn't so yellow and ugly and the movie did better it would be higher rated. Compared to JP? Much better. Everytime I play FS I just destroy it. I almost get tired of playing. There was a conversion kit to over the modern pics with the animated ones. BW is pretty cool Ive played a few but they all had problems. LOVE the shark flipper. Doesn't BW have the giant super expensive DMD... that should poll into your decision.

#17 3 years ago

Baywatch still holding more than 50% of the vote.

Played Flintstones in the past always seem to have a high scoring game.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Baywatch by 1,000 miles.
FS is a depressing piece of trash, and LAH is...well it's LAH.

I agree.. well...maybe not. How about 5,000 miles lol!!

#19 3 years ago

Who doesn't love Dolphin sounds!? Baywatch FTW!

#20 3 years ago

Not even close. BW wins. Fun rules. Fun shots. Lots to do. Boobs!

#21 3 years ago

Second game I ever bought was baywatch and I regretted selling it so I bought a new one about a year ago. I did all the powder coating and LED work. I just wish I could get a color dmd in it

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

Yes and don't forget about the shark and slight cameltoe on the cabinet...

#23 3 years ago

I really enjoyed LAH when I had it. It had a pretty straight forward rule set, as in start a mode and try to finish it. It had some neat toys and concepts. Most people talk about the crane. That is cool, but one little touch that I really liked was the reset bar behind the drop target bank. If you hit the ball into a gap where a drop target had already dropped, you reset the whole bank. Was that the first/only game that did that? I don't know.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Fun to play ? Flintstones, just for the music and sounds, they always make me smile.

same.

regret selling this one.

dont miss LAH for a second... played and quite enjoyed baywatch.

#25 3 years ago

What's the market price on nice Baywatch?

Nice being better than player but not collector.

Watch a few videos of BW seems like a fun game.

#26 3 years ago

Flintstones has a lot more going on than the other 2. It is more expensive for a reason.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Flintstones has a lot more going on than the other 2. It is more expensive for a reason.

The ONLY reason it is more expensive is because it is a Williams Bally game

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

What's the market price on nice Baywatch?
Nice being better than player but not collector.
Watch a few videos of BW seems like a fun game.

1500-2000 range

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The ONLY reason it is more expensive is because it is a Williams Bally game

You are right B/W made a much better game.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

I love the smiles and giggles from kids when the dolphin sounds hit! Also the shark sounds make them act silly. This pin really is fun for adults and for kids!!!! What a great game. I play it as much as my Luci, Shadow or Pinball Magic. It is fun for sure

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

You are right B/W made a much better game.

no, because some people are B/W snobs. They love B/W in their mouth, even when it tastes bitter, and don't give anyone else a chance. No matter how great a game is (that's not B/W), they will never admit it's superior to 90% of the B/W catalogue.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1500-2000 range

sorry I can't agree with this at all. Baywatch is cheap as shit. You cannot give that game away because people are scared of the large display. Greg had a super nice one and took 3 months to get $1400 for it. And it looked like it came out of the box. You will never find anyone to pay anywhere close to 2k for a baywatch unless they really don't know, or want to rub one out to the hoff on the backbox.

#33 3 years ago

I have to strongly disagree with BW being cheap as shit -- it is a quality built game with lots of nice features. Oh -- you meant price-wise. Well, if you find another one in "just came out of box" appearance for $1400, please forward it to me. I'll buy it! The one I currently have is a reimport from Germany, which I do like because, well, Germans love Hoff and Baywatch, but it has been a well loved game. Getting one in NIB condition would be awesome -- especially for $1400!

#34 3 years ago

Baywatch by a turn, then the Flintstones. LAH blew a tire and is in the garage.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I have to strongly disagree with BW being cheap as shit -- it is a quality built game with lots of nice features. Oh -- you meant price-wise. Well, if you find another one in "just came out of box" appearance for $1400, please forward it to me. I'll buy it! The one I currently have is a reimport from Germany, which I do like because, well, Germans love Hoff and Baywatch, but it has been a well loved game. Getting one in NIB condition would be awesome -- especially for $1400!

price is never a direct reflection of quality or fun factor. Unfortunately in the pinball world. Just because it has a high dollar. some newbies assume it must be the most fun. Which is usually not the case. Hype = price. All 4 of the large DMD segas are good games. People are scared of them due to the large displays, and shun them because they don't say Stern or B/W on them. It's a great game, great bang for the buck, since it can be had very very cheap. You live in AZ, $400 shipping on a 1400 baywatch would be a deal killer. If you guys think it's so valuable. I'll gladly sell my players condition one for $1400 all day.

#36 3 years ago

Boy do I feel like a douchebag, I like all 3 of these pins. All 3 completely different and fun in their own way. I'd play them all and take the 2 that YOU enjoy the most at the best deal.

#37 3 years ago

Baywatch. No contest. I will buy any and all HUO Baywatch machines in collector quality condition for $1400. Shipping is not a problem.
Terry.

#38 3 years ago

I like BW the best, but if the dmd goes then what?

Why do people still think that FS is a $3000 game anyway? I have not seen one sell for that price in years. Also if you do not have the redone Translite in FS I have noticed it is a lot tougher sell. Do they make them anymore?

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I like BW the best, but if the dmd goes then what?

Install a dmd extender (or pinballbrowser and their pcb) and an lcd. Upgrade to color and it's cheaper than a new dmd.
I did this in mine

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

sorry I can't agree with this at all. Baywatch is cheap as shit. You cannot give that game away because people are scared of the large display. Greg had a super nice one and took 3 months to get $1400 for it. And it looked like it came out of the box. You will never find anyone to pay anywhere close to 2k for a baywatch unless they really don't know, or want to rub one out to the hoff on the backbox.

Dmd might have something to do with it, but It's cheaper mainly because of the theme. Many people won't give it a second look because of it. It's a players game, not something a newbie is going to seek out. I've seen them go for 1800-2500, 1400 and they go very fast. If you were closer and your playfield is without significant wear, I'd take your game easily at 1400.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

price is never a direct reflection of quality or fun factor. Unfortunately in the pinball world. Just because it has a high dollar. some newbies assume it must be the most fun. Which is usually not the case. Hype = price. All 4 of the large DMD segas are good games. People are scared of them due to the large displays, and shun them because they don't say Stern or B/W on them. It's a great game, great bang for the buck, since it can be had very very cheap. You live in AZ, $400 shipping on a 1400 baywatch would be a deal killer. If you guys think it's so valuable. I'll gladly sell my players condition one for $1400 all day.

If you're serious I can bring my $1400 over later today.

#42 3 years ago

Flintstones. I own it and LAH and I love Flintstones. Downsides?

- Very long ball times
- Must LED
- Must add spotlights
- Should add apron light
- Must add alternate translight
- Should add cartoon decal under Concrete
- Must add light strip at top of PF
- Should light the houses

Why I love it?
- Lots of modes, deep into game
- Music and callouts
- Beautiful to look at (when properly lit)
- Fast
- Nice combo of easy, med and hard shots
- Love the bowling feature
- Movie was campy but like the ties to the PB

LAH just does not get much play by me
Great integration to movie
Nice 6 ball MB
Just a little "dark" for me

image_(resized).jpg

#43 3 years ago

I have always like Flintstones. Some of my kids friends will play it when they come over. It's something they recognize.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

because people are scared of the large display.

not sure why anyone would be scared by the large display since you can put in a color replacement for ~$300.

You can also use the extender to pull down the power consumption and this means it should NEVER gas out.

#45 3 years ago

I really like Flintstones, followed by Baywatch (close second), LAH is a very far third.

I have had LAH 3 times and it's pinball so it's fun, but last ability was much shorter

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I really like Flintstones, followed by Baywatch (close second), LAH is a very far third.
I have had LAH 3 times and it's pinball so it's fun, but last ability was much shorter

I agree with this also

#47 3 years ago

I love Flintstones, too. I think the main criticism is the modes are simple or lacking and the questionable artwork from the movie. All I know is that I really enjoy playing it. The ramps are awesome and love the bowling feature. Shots are pretty easy so may get old after a while.

LAH is okay. Not very memorable but decent game if you can get it cheap. Baywatch is much better. Great beach vibe, loads of shots, more flippers, etc. The big display is an issue. If that thing goes you are screwed.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Capt. .I was offered $1,750 for my mint pf, minor faded cab, non board hacked Baywatch in Michigan two months ago. I had garage sales prior to a move. This pin was setup as a novelty for visiters to play and enjoy pinball. I would never sell it. Now in Florida an owner of a bar in Gulfport heard I owned one. He wants me to set it up in his bar or sell to him. He came to my house for a party we had. I iced him down before he was able to offer money. I know he would pay $2k though. He is not a dummy and has pins in his bar now.

Mine has LEDs too. This game is worth more than you think. 3 years ago it was $1,400 in general. Not any more though unless the pf has wear thru to wood. You are correct about the DNS. It needs to be fully bright with no lost pixels or lines in order for the pin to fetch $2k. Mine is perfect and probably has 10 years or more life left in it.

#49 3 years ago

I love BW!!! It has lots of shots, vid mods and usually a great price point.
If I could find one I would buy one; they usually go for around 1900 to 2300.

I have a LAH, which I enjoy daily. Once again, great price point and many toys.

Shit, buy both if you can.

For The Flintstones I only played it a few games years ago.

Just my two cents.

MM

OUT

#50 3 years ago

+1 for Flintstones. Fun game that looks great if properly lit.

I've heard Baywatch can be fun, but that theme kills it for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 229.99
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside