(Topic ID: 120604)

Poll: Ball one was terrible - do you hit reset?

By n1teowl

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Ball one was terrible - do you hit reset?”

• Mash that start button as soon as possible - no guilt involed 56 votes
      23%
    • Push the start button on the down low, and feel bad about it 13 votes
      5%
    • Suck it up and make the best of it 100 votes
      41%
    • Take it as a challenge and work twice as hard to beat your high score 76 votes
      31%

(245 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

middle finger censored.jpg
    Mirror-Image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmosbandit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago

If playing alone I always start two games. If both first balls are terrible, I restart the machine. That cuts down the number of hard restarts and lets me know if today is not my day. If playing with others I definitely don't restart as to never interrupt for something petty and make up for the balls that I'll be putting on the expo.............

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I see you have a Stern Star Trek. There is no need to do a hard reset on a modern game. Once the first ball has ended, just hold down the start button. Unless the feature has been disabled in the menu, it will restart the game.

Sweet. Good to know. Life is too short to waste on bad balls.....

COS

#51 9 years ago

Interesting. I see that "game restart" is enabled in the service menu but when I hold down the start button for like 30 seconds after the first ball nothing happens. I'll have to keep trying to see what happens. As an IT PM soft and hard restarts are relevant, with soft obviously being better for hardware lifecycle and software stability. Something to consider..............

COS

#53 9 years ago

Weird. Still doesn't reset. Puts up player 3 and then does nothing for a least 20 seconds. Hmmm

#58 9 years ago

Ok, this time it worked immediately. So from what I understand both first balls have to be finished in a two player game and the next ball started and I guess the same for a one player game, etc. Ok I get it but you have to learn the timing of when to do it. Good enough though. Lesson learned. I'm sure I know everything there is to know about my ST now...

Mystery solved...

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

It's tempting to restart a bad 1st ball but seems like I always have a bad ball in a game. Sometimes you start strong then choke and other times you end strong.

jawjaw, I feel ya. My thing is this: If you get less than 1Mil on 2 first balls in a row (2 players) , not often by any means, then maybe do a restart. It's much nicer to have two firsts above 10 mil, you get psyched for the opportunities there and don't have to try to make up ground. Just an option anyways..

CoS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmosbandit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-ball-one-was-terrible-do-you-hit-reset?tu=cosmosbandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.