(Topic ID: 67768)

New Poll: And the best new pinball at Expo this year was...

By awarner

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by davewth
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Was the Best New Pinball Announced or Shown at Expo?”

• Bride of Pinbot 2.0 11 votes
    12%
  • America's Most Haunted 7 votes
    8%
  • Predator 4 votes
    4%
  • Wrath of Olympus 22 votes
    24%
  • Star Trek 12 votes
    13%
  • Matrix 11 votes
    12%
  • Kugler Family 1 vote
    1%
  • Medieval Madness Remake 25 votes
    27%

(93 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 6 years ago

What was your choice of the new games at expo this year?
(Please Re-Vote)

#2 6 years ago

BOP 2.0

#3 6 years ago

Personally, I don't view BoP 2.0 or MMR as new pins. To me they are old rehashed ideas. That left the other two choices. Predator takes it. The other two pins are neat looking thou, just not "new".

#4 6 years ago

Well Star Trek was pretty new.

#5 6 years ago

The Matrix

Kim

#6 6 years ago

ST should be in the survey.

#7 6 years ago

MMR isn't even playable at this point so how can it be included? The Matrix is a one of so toss that out. AMH and Preditor(spelled as in the poll) are still in beta so to speak, So by default there is only one pin that is qualified and that's Bop2.0 as it's totally playable and kits are for sale.

#8 6 years ago

STLE by miles

#9 6 years ago

I really loved the way the new MMR played at expo. Oh wait, there wasn't one there.

#11 6 years ago

Hands down America's Most Haunted for the homebrew category, Star Trek really had no competition in the production pin category.

#12 6 years ago

WOOLY seems incredible.

#13 6 years ago

Add WOOLY. To the poll.

#14 6 years ago

I'm going with WOOLY also. Wally

#15 6 years ago

ya where's the matrix?

#16 6 years ago

AMH

#17 6 years ago

Predator was off every time I walked by. Does MMR count as a new game? Doesn't matter, it wasn't at expo.

I don't know about anyone else, but the flippers on AMH were....off. There was a delay or something between pushing the buttons and the flippers flipping. And the voice overs were really amateurish sounding. Other than that it was kinda cool.

Bop 2.0 takes the win. Was very polished.

#18 6 years ago

Wooly looks F-ing AWESOME.

#19 6 years ago

BOP2.0's presentation was fantastic! Put everyone else's dots to shame!

If I were Gary Stern, and walked past that, I would be saying "how much to hire you?"

#20 6 years ago

Dude Pinball.... yes, I know it isn't playable yet.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

BOP2.0's presentation was fantastic! Put everyone else's dots to shame!
If I were Gary Stern, and walked past that, I would be saying "how much to hire you?"

Man do I agree! ST dots were TERRIBLE! I'm really hoping they make big changes in the dots in ST. Now if I could just figure out how to add items to this poll...

I personally view BOP 2.0 as a new game. The playfield is the same, but the game is ENTIRELY new. It's not just a DMD and sound package, but a new set of rules. It was my personal fave.

#22 6 years ago

korger (?) family pinball should be added

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

ST should be in the survey.

Yes, in place of MMR...

#24 6 years ago

Add Wooly, Matrix and ST...
and change Preditor to Predator...

Could you play MMR ? If not, remove it.

#26 6 years ago

Another vote for WOOLY here.

Later,
EV

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

korger (?) family pinball should be added

Kugler

thanks for suggesting it be in the mix, the positive feedback on game play at expo was amazing. Would have been nice if folks could have more time so they could learned about the deep rule set.

#28 6 years ago

I'm re-starting the poll (thanks to Robin for the help). Please Re-Vote when it's up!

#29 6 years ago

Why WoZ of course. The best built, highest quality pin of all time.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Why WoZ of course. The best built, highest quality pin of all time.

Unfortunately, WOZ was at least Last Year's News. It was a much better game this year with the software update.

#31 6 years ago

Poll re-started.

#33 6 years ago

Lets go WOOLY guys, post your votes again.

#34 6 years ago

It was The Matrix by a mile and if you don't think so then you didn't play it enough. (IMHO). It was just ridiculously good inside and out. A masterpiece.

#35 6 years ago

kind of a weird poll. seems to only be effectively measuring what people believe constitutes "new" and "at expo".

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

kind of a weird poll. seems to only be effectively measuring what people believe constitutes "new" and "at expo".

Yeah - it was all over the place. I wasn't able to see some of them in detail because I was running a booth most of the time. Cool to see so many one-offs in a row though...

#37 6 years ago

I think all are 'new' and were at 'expo' except MMR -- can't really call that a new game, it is a re-release (even more then a re-make -- not like the rules are changing, etc).

Predator might be walking a fine line, since it has been displayed before (I believe).

Although BOP 2 also walks a fine line, since the game play from a physical standpoint has not changed, however, given how it is almost a completely new rule set and has a DMD vs alpha (with just amazing graphics), I consider it new. If I had a BOP, I would get the upgrade.

Too bad Matrix can't be made as an upgrade kit given the licensing issues. Price of JMs would go up pretty quick.

#38 6 years ago

Yeah - it was a tricky poll to create, but I went with what people were commenting on. Results are interesting to me though.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Results are interesting to me though.

you find it Interesting? Why, just because Star Trek is trailing a game (or three) done by a couple of guys in there garages/basements?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

you find it Interesting? Why, just because Star Trek is trailing a game (or three) done by a couple of guys in there garages/basements?

I believe that the pinball machine needs new ideas and innovations for it to move forward. There are a few old time designers that re-hash old ideas and slap on a new theme. Those days are over. People want to see things they haven't seen before.

I liked the BOP 2.0 because the animations and sounds and new gameplay totally took me in. It was like I had never played that game before.

AMH was a totally different experience as well with an interesting theme and rules that made sense.

And seriously, the dots on ST truly suck right now. They look like they were drawn with a thick Magic Marker.

#41 6 years ago

Got this from a real true fan

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

» YouTube video

Surprisingly entertaining

#43 6 years ago

Where is more info on wooly!? I never heard or saw it until pinheadpuckguy just told me!

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

» YouTube video

LOL.....what?

Wait....maybe I shouldn't ask and just go with it.

#45 6 years ago

The highest vote getter shouldn't even be on this list.

MM is not a new game. (Unless 17 years old = new to you?)

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The highest vote getter shouldn't even be on this list.
MM is not a new game. (Unless 17 years old = new to you?)

P.S The Matrix is better than MM.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

That's it. We can shut the Internet down. We have now officially seen everything that is to be seen. Mission accomplished!

#48 6 years ago

You forgot The Big Lebowski!

It was there as much as MMR was...

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Kugler
thanks for suggesting it be in the mix, the positive feedback on game play at expo was amazing. Would have been nice if folks could have more time so they could learned about the deep rule set.

Sorry about that, I am horrible with names.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.95
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 36.99
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 209.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside