(Topic ID: 69299)

POLL: AFM, MB, CC or BBB - Which one would you want next?

By MnHotRod

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“POLL: AFM, MB, CC or BBB - Which one would you want next?”

• Attack from mars 78 votes
    23%
  • Monster Bash 97 votes
    28%
  • Cactuc Canyon 79 votes
    23%
  • Big Bang Bar 91 votes
    26%

(345 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not sure how many 8k games they will sell when there are plenty out there for sale under the price they are asking for say MMR. This is why I dont get doing AFM at all. If you can get an almost new original AFM for 8k now where will the demand come from?? They would probably need to bring this one out closer to 6,7k

I think PPS understands that people won't be lining up to pay 8k for AFMr, way too many nice ones out there already for less $$.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I agree Teekee as buyer of a remake I fully expect a resale to drop hard in price. But I am the guy that would pay for the new one over the old one. I bet there is room for collectors and those of us that just want new versions.

But really most of my point was not so much the value and whether it will drop or not as a remake but whether or not BBB is really a good remake candidate. I mean the whole idea behind the remakes is to make a few of the great playing pins that everyone wants as keepers affordable. I just think there are too many guys out there that want a BBB remake for the wrong reason... thinking about value and collectibility over enjoyment.

Like I said, BBB is a great and desirable pin because it has the complete package... rarity, theme, the Capcom name, a great history behind it. The remake will not give you MOST of that. Just be sure you actually love playing it and are not just blinded by all the things that you won't get with a remake...

#53 9 years ago

I've played BBB a few times. I was lucky enough to play a few times in a place where I could appreciate the music and sounds. In my opinion, it's tremendous fun, with great art, sound/music, humor, and hilarious modes. I have a similar opinion of Kingpin (having played it at PAGG a few times). Both of those games have a uniqueness factor too, which is something I consider when adding a game to my collection. I spoke to Gene about Kingpin a couple years ago and he gave me the whole spiel on how it would definitely be made, appreciate in value, etc. Well, hopefully, one way or another, it will get made someday

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I never understood all the love for BBB. The theme and art are very cool but the gameplay never pulled me in like others on this list. Guess it would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything. I would love to see MB remade next.

BBB is totally overrated. Excellent art package, but that gameplay, come on now, not the best. Even the music and sounds getting annoying after a while. That game to me really just seems for the pinhead who must have everything.

#56 9 years ago

I'd say BBB is a great game, not sure i'd pay $8k for a new one though. It'd be fun to see where the eventual price points for some of these remakes go if they continue to be made. AFM isn't an $8k game, but isn't that complicated either.

I'm hoping rick would rather sell by volume and make more that why then higher priced lower sales. It'd be great to get remakes into the $5k range

#57 9 years ago

I think CC would be the best bet for the second reissue.

#58 9 years ago

Seriously. How in the world is BBB #1?? Makes absolutely zero sense. It's not a great game. Period. End of discussion. MB and AFM are great games. BBB? yeah, not so much. It's expensive because of rarity. Anybody who buys a remake at $8K will be disappointed. People don't buy BBB because it's an awesome game. They buy it because it's, well, BBB. Rare with a beautiful art package. That's pretty much it.

MB is the clear cut choice here. It supports the higher BOM with all those toys, is fun and is really beautiful. Plus there's a huge demand for MB at a lower price point. I could see a large demand for MBr at $7K. BBB will flop at $8K. Get all pissy if you want and thumbs down me. BBB at 2K plus units loses its luster.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Get all pissy if you want and thumbs down me.

Granted.

#60 9 years ago

The only reason why I haven't sold my BBB and CC is because, I'm more of a collector than a player.

Both games fairly suck, in my opinion.

BBB is a decent game that can be finished in about 15~20 minutes, wizard mode and all.

My CC sat unplayed for 10 years until CCC came out. Without CCC and just CC......

#61 9 years ago

Nice one Mike,I truly see how that would hurt doubly if both were actually remade. Definitely would be in your best interest to say they suck to protect the many thousands riding on those two pins.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Nice one Mike,I truly see how that would hurt doubly if both were actually remade. Definitely would be in your best interest to say they suck to protect the many thousands riding on those two pins.

I can see you haven't played either one.

I also own an upright Professor Pac-Man.

Yup, that game sucks too.

I just like nostalgia.

#63 9 years ago

I have/had all these pins

I still have my MM, AFM and MB
I sold my CC and BBB because they are not fun for a long time...

#64 9 years ago

I would buy the BBB for theme alone. Would look awesome next to Luci. But I do want MB more . Liked owning it and my daughters really miss it. Bring on MB next!

#65 9 years ago

Thanks Buddy!

#66 9 years ago

CC would be the one they would pick to redo.

They already have boards and no licensing costs!

#67 9 years ago

i actually really liked CC and played for about 3 hours in Vegas. I can see that if produced they need to get ccc in there somehow to make the lastability in home better but theme and fun is def there for what I think would be good sales!

#68 9 years ago

Taf will be give the most sales.

#69 9 years ago

All these games are nice. To me it seems there are less MB available than AFM. There seems to be plenty of TAF still around. CCC is a wild card. If they can get Eric's amazing work on a CC, to me it would be a toss with MB. Disclosure: I want a MB.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

BBB looks awesome and has a great theme but I think its all about the value for most. I think there are a lot of guys that would buy a remake for 8 grand even though they never even played one. Its a psychological thing... I mean a pin worth 20k has to be awesome, right? Just looking at a BBB you swear at times all you can see is $$$$$$$$. Its sooo invigorating! But the bottom line is that BBB is only awesome when you combine everything with it including the rarity, history and value. You won't get any of that with a 1000 plus run.
A remake would only lose value so you better make damn sure you actually love it for the game play. It is not going to be a 20k pin or a 15k pin or even an 8k pin after a couple hundred plays. I think many would be disappointed with it after a few hundred plays especially when they realize the $$$$$ has disappeared!
BBB is pretty rare, looks awesome and has a great history behind it. That is why the value is so high. You won't get any of that with the remake. All you will get is a pin that has decent game play at best. In the end a BBB remake would just be another lousy... well you know, remake.

This is why I'm in on MMr but would not be on BBBr. I've played BBB quite a few times and for me it doesn't live up to the hype.

#71 9 years ago

I voted CCCr. That's the only one in the poll I would pull the trigger on at the $8k price. No pin intended!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I can see you haven't played either one.
I also own an upright Professor Pac-Man.
Yup, that game sucks too.
I just like nostalgia.

So you're nostalgic for things that suck? You're weird.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Seriously. How in the world is BBB #1?? Makes absolutely zero sense. It's not a great game. Period. End of discussion. MB and AFM are great games. BBB? yeah, not so much. It's expensive because of rarity.

No one spends big money on rare games that suck. There are plenty of rare games that don't command big money. Some games are rare BECAUSE they suck! BBB is cool.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So you're nostalgic for things that suck?

No, I'm nostalgic for things that are *rare.* Some suck, some don't.

In my opinion, BBB and CC fairly suck. But I like them because they are *rare.*

Quoted from Rarehero:

You're weird.

I would concur.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

No, I'm nostalgic for things that are *rare.* Some suck, some don't.

nos·tal·gia
[no-stal-juh, -jee-uh, nuh-]
noun
a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time: a nostalgia for his college days.
something that elicits or displays nostalgia.

If a game is rare, that means you probably didn't have much experience with it when it was new....so therefore, how could you be nostalgic for them?

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

In my opinion, BBB and CC fairly suck. But I like them because they are *rare.*

Well, I just think that's a shame. Why own something you don't even like? Someone could be enjoying those games.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If a game is rare, that means you probably didn't have much experience with it when it was new....so therefore, how could you be nostalgic for them?

Because it's pinball. I grew up with pinball, so for me, it's nostalgic rare or not.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, I just think that's a shame. Why own something you don't even like? Someone could be enjoying those games.

I agree. That's why I have pinball parties.

Did I mention that I was mostly a collector and not a player?

#76 9 years ago

I would see the value of a new Monster Bash or Attack from Mars at 7K as long as they are pimped out properly and don't exceed a 500 game production run.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Did I mention that I was mostly a collector and not a player?

Yes. I don't get it. Why collect games and not play them?

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Surely this question has been asked before. Like a million times since the history of pinball forums?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe I should sell them all, take the money and buy up a bunch of rare coins that I'll never end up spending.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-afm-mb-cc-or-bbb-which-one-would-you-want-next/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.